Chapter 0: prologue
4.2k 11 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The truck driver freaked out when he saw that he run over me and took off. 

“That sucks,” I said.

There I was, laying on the ground. The truck shattered all the bones in my body, even the one bone in my penis. I realized I would die, but it didn’t really bother me. In fact, I felt nothing at all. Before I will die, I guess I should tell something about my life, right?

Before I got run over by a truck, I used to be a 37-year-old Japanese office worker. I worked for some enormous company, but never got promoted. I always worked hard, sometimes up to 90 hours a week. In which many of the hours were overtime. I wasn’t really a social person, I hardly spoke to anyone. I didn’t have social anxiety or something like that. The only times I spoke was when I really had to. 

The last thing I remembered were the screaming people when they saw my bloody body. 

“Somebody, call an ambulance!” was the only thing I heard some lady scream, but it was useless. My vision slowly faded, and everything turned black. I saw my whole life flash by in a second, all the difficulties I had, the merry times I spent with the people I cared. The last fifteen years of my life were kinda depressing though, all I saw was me sitting in an office and then going home. I hope that my parents aren’t too sad, especially my mom. She was always good for me.

Suddenly I was sitting on a bench in an enormous hallway which appeared to be infinite. The bench had a nice soft cushion which made it comfortable to sit on. I saw a massive amount of people sitting on their own personal bench. All of them, including me, had a door right in front of them. It was quiet, and nobody spoke to each other. I tried to say something, but I realised I couldn’t. I walked through the door as I entered a room. The room appeared to be empty, except for the chair and the table with a laptop on it.

I heard a voice when I opened the laptop. It somehow sounded both like a woman’s and a man’s voice at the same time.

“Hello kind soul. You recently died, and I’m sure that you’re very confused right now. You must have many questions, but time will answer them. For now, focus on the laptop.”

I wanted to react, but I couldn’t. So I just looked at the laptop screen. On it was an icon called “Reincarnation”. I clicked on it. I saw some kind of stat screen on it and it confused me.

The majestic voice spoke again, “Good, you opened up the program. This program will decide what kind of person you’ll be in your next life. Those Attributes are random. Some attributes will have a star (*) next to them. Those attributes have a tier. Those affects the amount you start with and the pace in which you develop them. One attribute will be generated the moment you click on the generate button. Each attribute has its own button, so you must click quite a few times. There are many tiers with H being the lowest and SSSSS being the highest. Most people will get the F tier or the E tier. only a few lucky souls achieve something higher.”

“I’ll explain the tiers:”

Tier

Effect

Chance

Total amounts picked in all worlds combined.

H

Bad

Uncommon

105 billion times

G

Below average

Less than common

6 Quadrillion times

F

Average

Common

406 Quadrillion times (406 * 10^15)

E

Good

Uncommon

105 billion times

D

Talented

Rare

1 million times

C

Super talented

Super rare

200.000

B

Genius

Ultra rare

1.206

A

Genius among geniuses

Extreme Ultra rare

12

S

One of a kind

Next to impossible

1

SS

?

Never happened once

0

SSS

?

Never happened once

0

SSSS

?

Never happened once

0

SSSSS

?

Never happened once

0

I looked through the tiers, and they fascinated me. The question marks left me confused, but I couldn’t ask about them. The total amounts picked were mind-blowing high to me. I couldn’t even imagine how many worlds must exist in this reality. I then looked at my stat page again and looked through the attributes and read their descriptions. 

Attribute

Explanation

 

Sex (male/female)

 

[Generate]

Name

What other people call him.

[Generate]

Strength*

A measure of how physically strong a person is. Strength often controls the maximum weight the character can carry, melee attack and/or damage.

[Generate]

Constitution*

A measure of how sturdy a  person is. Resistances for special types of damage (poisons, illness, heat etc.) and fatigue.

[Generate]

Dexterity*

A measure of how agile a  person is. Dexterity controls attack and movement speed and accuracy, as well as evading an opponent's attack.

[Generate]

Intelligence*

A measure of a person’s problem-solving ability. Intelligence often controls a character's ability to comprehend foreign languages and their skill in magic. 

[Generate]

Wisdom*

A measure of a  person's common sense and/or spirituality. Wisdom often controls a character's ability to cast certain spells, communicate to mystical entities, or discern other characters' motives or feelings.

[Generate]

Charisma*

A measure of a person's social skills. This will affect how others treat you.

[Generate]

Defense*

A measure of how resilient a  person is. Defense usually decreases taken damage by either a percentage or a fixed amount per hit. Occasionally combined with Constitution.

[Generate]

Appearance*

A person’s physical appearance. This will affect how others treat you.

[Generate]

World harshness

A measurement to describe the chance for the average life-form to survive in the world under normal circumstances. 

[Generate]

I was really interested in reading them, they perfectly resembled the attributes in the MMORPGS I used to play when I still was alive. I invested an unhealthy amount of time on them when I was in college, but the moment I got my first job I didn’t have the time anymore for them. That thought of the past made me a little sad, but I tried to think positively about the situation I was in. I got a fresh chance, and it thrilled me. I generated my stats, but I didn’t expect something amazing.

I nervously clicked on the first 'generate’ button for the sex attribute. I got male. I silently celebrated and felt that the gods had given me a gift. After that, I generated my name. It took a few seconds, but finally it generated “Artar”. The name surprised me, but I was happy with it. It could have been worse, like James or something. 

I then hesitated for a few seconds, but finally clicked the generate button for strength.

“SSSSS”

SSSSS? I froze for a minute and looked shocked. This had to be some kind of mistake. The S tier generated once before, yet I generated a quintuple S? What were the odds of something like this happening? I wanted to generate my next attribute, but suddenly the voice started speaking again, “Interesting. I’ve been around since the beginning of time, but have seen nothing like this before. You’re quite an interesting fellow, Artar.”

And with that the voice faded, and the sound of nothingness returned.

I generated all stats and eventually got something like this.

Attribute

Explanation

 

Sex (male/female)

 

Male

Name

How a person is called

Artar

Strength*

A measure of how physically strong a person is. Strength often controls the maximum weight the character can carry, melee attack and/or damage.

SSSSS

Constitution*

A measure of how sturdy a  person is. Resistances for special types of damage (poisons, illness, heat etc.) and fatigue.

SSSSS

Dexterity*

A measure of how agile a  person is. Dexterity controls attack and movement speed and accuracy, as well as evading an opponent's attack.

SSSSS

Intelligence*

A measure of a person’s problem-solving ability. Intelligence often controls a character's ability to comprehend foreign languages and their skill in magic. 

SSSSS

Wisdom*

A measure of a  person's common sense and/or spirituality. Wisdom often controls a character's ability to cast certain spells, communicate to mystical entities, or discern other characters' motives or feelings.

SSSSS

Charisma*

A measure of a person's social skills. This will affect how others treat you.

F

Defense*

A measure of how resilient a  person is. Defense usually decreases taken damage by either a percentage or a fixed amount per hit. Occasionally combined with Constitution.

SSSSS

Appearance*

A person’s physical appearance. This will affect how others treat you.

SSSSS

World harshness

A measurement to describe the chance for the average life-form to survive in the world under normal circumstances. 

Hard

I was totally shocked to see my stats page; it had almost everywhere five S’ on it. The chances of this happening were smaller than winning the jackpot every day for the next 100 trillion years. I was especially happy with appearance being SSSSS, that meant I would be handsome. The only thing I was a little disappointed about was the F in Charisma… That meant I would have average social skills. I mean it could’ve been worse; I was glad I didn’t have an H or something. The world’s harshness was hard, I couldn’t really image what life on that world would be like. But I didn’t think too much about it and confirmed my stats.

“You ready? My, my, your stats are unbelievable you’re really a special case. Let’s get down to business to defeat the hun.. I mean let’s start your fresh life shall we?”

【Installing System...】

【1%...2%....98%...100%...】

【System installation complete!】

【Initializing attributes...】

【Strength SSSSS added】

【Constitution SSSSS added】

…..

【Appearance SSSSS added】

【Searching matching worlds】

【Matching world found!】

【Sending player to world】

And with that my vision became blurry again, and I fell into a deep sleep.

81