CHAPTER 3: Satan’s Normal Day Out
44 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun broke in from the south-west. Yes, from the south-west.

The sound of the unpleasant clock, which sounded like a needle pierced through one’s ears, raised Jake up from his late morning sleep. Slowly opening his eyes, he welcomed the warm sunlight through the window on his face, comforting and stretching him up.

“Mmh… let’s see… yesterday. Yesterday?! It was yesterday!!” his shoulders flinched as he was reminded of something horrible. The day before, the day when he met the girl…

He rushed out of his room, taking his rug-packed brown suit and an apron, hurrying downstairs. Hassling through the massive hallway of the mansion, he came across who looked like a figure of a person in the kitchen, cooking something very terrible that trickled and burned his nose-hairs.

“Eek—ew! What’s with that smell?” he stood on the doorway of the kitchen, covering his nose with one hand and his apron on the other.

“Oy, Livia… what are you cooking?! No, first, do you even know how to cook?!!” he said, losing his temper.

“Ah, but I’m still trying! Huh? Jake, where are you off to…?” she said turning around, flipping her long fluffy ears slightly.

“Never mind! I’m off!” he said, hurrying through the massive door. Suddenly popping his head inside, “Oh, and tell Sat to prepare the dinner and keep your hands off the frying pan!” he slammed the door behind him.

“Okay…?” she mumbled to herself, holding the spatula in her hands, crossed over her chest, smoke coming out of the kitchen door. “Oh no! My pancakes?!”

 

*****

 

Satan walked into café store, hands in his pocket, like a gentleman in a suit. The only thing he seemed to be missing, if frankly speaking, was a cigarette. The café was lively from inside. Filled with people from different kinds of races—demi-humans, beastkin, even wizards and witches of various leagues, sat and chatted with each other.

“Hoho, this is really a nice place to peek…” he glanced around, looking for stuff he wanted to ‘peek’. He interlocked his fingers and helped himself over to a dark corner, his overcoat in his hands.

He let out a sigh. “Phew, it was hard getting past Livia’s surveillance. But, I’m glad I made it!” he spoke to himself. “I didn’t bring in the robe though. Is it okay…?” he gestured his back, feeling the robe’s presence. He gave a small ‘tsk’.

He suddenly pierced glances around, if he could witness heaven under those skirts the maids wore.

“Oo-hoo! Now that’s what you call divine!” Satan exclaimed to himself, crossing his leg and his fingers. “Hey, miss, would you mind calling those girls over here? I’d like to talk with them~” he teasingly smiled at a waitress. She was a pretty lady with bright red hair with a cute face, courtesy overflowing her expressions.

She gave him a smile and bowed. Then, holding an empty tray in her arms, she went over to the group of women standing and gossiping. She whispered something in their ears, and then stared at him from the furthest corner. He twitched.

The waitress walked over to him. “Have a nice afternoon!” she greeted him and then went over to the waiting tables. He stared at her go over to the counter and check through a number of things.

“Um, sir, did you call for us?” a woman sat beside him. She was wearing a part gown, in her skirts. She had a dark colour to her hair and a pale face, white as if washed down with milk. She had a sweet accent to her language, almost tempting. Her lips parted apart and closed to his face, almost touching his cheeks. “Well then, shall we do it here, or do you want it upstairs?” she asked in a lustful, seductive voice. The women around him covered the two of them.

He blushed a little, flustering over the fantasy he was going over. Turning his face around and grabbing her by the arms, he kissed her.

“Mmphh!!!” she mumbled as her tongue went inside his mouth, feeling tingly all over. She grabbed his face and thrust her mouth even deeper, feeling all the warmth and the juices inside. It felt too good. So good that it almost felt like a dream. It was weird.

Something was off… very off the scale. He felt odd all over. A chill went down his spine.

“Mmpphhh—hey! Are you out of your mind?!! You wanna die, scum?!!” there was a ‘masculine’ voice. It was not the same voice as before, tempting and lustful.

“Huh? What the—Bwaaah!” he felt a powerful smack on his face, with a rough hand. He held his cheek with his hand, turning his face around.

He fell to the hard floor, with a thud, holding his cheek. When he finally gazed at the approaching figure that clutched his collar, he finally realised what he had done.

“HEY, YOU! Do you know what did you just did?!” the angry figure shook him hard.

 

*****

 

There was a large sound of crash as a dark figure flew out of a certain inn and landed on his back.

“Ouch! What was that for?!”

“Never return here again, you goddamned male-assaulting pervert!!” the manager yelled, coming out of the shop, waving a wooden bat in the air.

There was a sudden sound of flash as the dust flew up in the air, leaving the figure untraceable in its smoke. All the townspeople flinched and trotted away from the smoke, appearing to be scared.

“Huh, where did he go?” the manager pierced his gazes through the smoke to find nothing. He put his hands on his waist and let out a defeated sigh. “Damn.”

 

*****

 

Satan put his entire strength into his feet, just to escape.

Huffing, he stopped by a tree, resting his arm against it. “What’s up with that old geezer?! I only put my tongue inside his mouth… wait, did I really?!” he panicked with the thought of turning into a gay any moment then. “By the way, where am I? Where was I supposed to be? Ah, right… but I’m already late!”

He ran with his full might again, turning towards the castle and setting his gaze on the main gate. The townspeople watched him go. Running by swiftly with a single coat on, he watched the regular life, flourishing around the town—dwarfs shouting out their wares on the latest products, the demi humans and elves wandered around, doing their daily chores, some busy chatting among themselves, some looking around the shops while their children ran along the dirty road with the black figure that looked down onto them. Satan gave them a warm smile.

There was the smell of spices, strong to the nose, as he passed through the busy market square, teeming with liveliness. Hollow Knights roamed the grounds, thumping their feet on the ground, causing their armour to clang once. Their swords hang around their waists, shining in the sunlight. Their majestic posture was quite a questionable thing for their body, since they had none. Their mana consumption, their MP, and even their HP.

He ran through them, without touching them even a little. He graced by who seemed like a ghost of a dead Lieutenant.

“Oi, Willy! You’re late again!” he shouted, dis-forming his body in the air, like gas. He had no legs, only a spiritual tail, keeping him afloat. “You better hurry inside, or else your beautiful young agent will bring down chaos on you!” he rammed.

“Don’t worry old man! I’ll be fine!” he flashed a smile to him, running through the bridge and inside the castle. He had just to take a quick turn to enter the arena in the middle of the main castle. Yes, he was just close.

“I’ll make without anyone’s notice…!” he huffed, murmuring to himself. But then, in the happiest moment of his life, when he thought he successfully dodged everyone and sneaked in, he felt a jolt on his collar, stopping him dead on the stone path, swinging up his feet in the air, just around the corner.

“Uh-oh…” he thought in his mind, which came out of his unconscious mouth.

“Oh? Look who finally showed up! The only person for whom I had to cover for in front of the King and write letters of apology every morning. Perhaps you know the rest?” an unknown voice, from behind him, sounded in a terrifying way, as if he would die of the murderous aura.

“Ehehehe. Ellie, I’m sorry—“

There, in the middle of the marble carved hallway, sounded a bang that shook the corridors of the balcony above.

The soldiers swept their gazes from the arena towards the massive hallway, from which the sound echoed throughout the grounds of the castle.

Satan sat on a porch just outside the arena borderlines, seeing the soldiers clash among with their swords. The lady secretary sat beside him, waiting for him to finish his wearing of protective gear.

The secretary was a beautiful and elegant lady, wearing a light chain armour. But her figure stroke out of the armour, showing her side curves perfectly. With short, liquid blue hair, barely reaching her shoulders, she had an edge-cut face, pale, as if graced by the moonlight. She had golden-brown eyes, as if that if a cobra. A raised cleavage was what made most men fall head over heels and listen to every command she gave. She had needles on her right waist and a katana on her left, granting her a place to rest her hand on while walking.

She stood up from the porch. “You ready?” Satan nodded… and stood up, walking into the arena, towards the band of soldiers.

She stood there watching the dark figure go, in his black suit. Stepping on the arena as if a Commander himself. He was one though, one of the recommended battle advisor and trainers in the continent! His pointed, black hair flowed with the wind, his gaze turning serious, and his aura completely on a different level, he walked towards the group of laming soldiers.

“Attention!” he ordered in the heavy air as all the soldiers, clamming their swords and stumbling off the ground, stood in a disciplinary manner.


The sun crept up the high stone wall, above the flags that flared along the breeze. Satan walked out of the big castle gate. He turned his head half ways, eyes diluted to a black stare. He saw his secretary bow and smile him off with a respective manner. He just threw a smirk back.

Hands in his pocket, the casual suited commander, wearing a black outfit, who was one of the most powerful Battle Advisors in the continent, strode out towards the setting sun which seemed forever away. The sky turned golden-red. Everyone returned to their homes, to their normal lives, the shops lighting the lamps, nightingales began singing, chatter of evening echoed through the town. Pretty demi-humans gossiped along the roadway, the merchants moving onwards their next destination.

He gazed through the group of women, leaning downwards.

“Hey, what are you…?! Aaahh! Pervert! Help!” shouted a young lady of marriageable age whose skirt got lifted along the wind, covering it back with her hands. With a red flushed face,   she lifted her leg and gave a blow to his face, he landed on his back with a thud.

“Bkhwahh?!”

The bunch of ladies went screaming outwards the direction of which seemed like a bar.

“Aww, c’mon man, no fair! I did not see even once!” he stood up, rubbing the extra dust off his clothes, patting them. “I didn’t…” was he spoke as he started walking again through the lit up streets, a shoe mark on his face perfectly visible. Suddenly a figure walked by as they collided into each other.

“Whoa, sorry brother… wait, Jake? It’s really you!” Satan exclaimed, seeing the other man stare at him. “Your face is messed up… resisted the debt collectors?” he guessed. The figure nodded. If it was someone who had that much injuries just from a single debt, it had to be Jake.


There was a knock on the door as Livia opened it to see two defeated figures on the doorstep.

“Sat! Jake! Look at you both!” she knelt down. “Had another debt run?” she asked Jake out of a worried expression.

“Yeah, can I use the bath? I’m tired…” he trailed off. She nodded and he crept inside. She stood up as she watched the helpless figure as he walked up the stairs, grabbing the wooden rail hard.

“Hehe, nice. Finally…” Satan looked up, finally his dream coming true, taking a passionate gaze up Livia’s skirt. She turned around.

“Eyaahhh!!!” there sounded another bang by a particular alleyway, around a particular corner as Satan received another blow to his face, with a spatula, no less.

Just another busy day passed as the three rattled inside the mansion, arguing who should cook dinner and who should clean the house.

3