Prologue
147 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a beautiful yulan magnolia tree with countless ivory white flowers which have a tint of light pink on every flower and surrounded by extremely tall trees. The view was full of beauty, clean air, and very calm. The sun was out and there were barely any clouds in the sky.  There was a small lake full of fish and by the lake a turtle sometimes slowly wandering around. The birds gossiping with one another near the yulan magnolia tree for the most part everything is peaceful.

“Yulan are you still sleeping?” A small male bluejay asked the yulan magnolia tree and he dares not land on the beautiful tree after all he does not have a death wish. All of the other trees on this planet can be landed on, but not this yulan magnolia tree for if touched then those who touch or land will be poisoned and die unless they have permission from the yulan magnolia tree before touching or landing. No animal dares to go pee on this yulan magnolia tree for that too would be instant death instead would be from the tree's branches.

“I was until you talked to me, Jay. Aww it is such a beautiful day.” Yulan commented cheerfully and his branches slightly swaying with pure joy. “I love the sun and there is no chance of rain today. I love sunny days for they are just so wonderful. I’m grateful that I’m not very tall otherwise I would have to worry about lightning. In 5,000 years lightning has not hit me and I doubt in the future it will hit me because of all of these wonderfully tall trees surrounding little ancient me, heh.”

The surrounding trees have always slept and they would have no interest in talking if they ever did wake up from their slumber. From time to time the flowers gossip amonst themselves and at times talking to to Yulan. The sky suddenly turned dark, countless clouds showing up, down-pour of rain, the booming sound of thunder, and countless strikes of lightning. The peaceful and sunny day suddenly changed to a very fierce thunderstorm which Yulan has never encountered in his 5,000 years of his life.

“Good luck.” Jay chriped to the yulan magnolia tree before going to the ground and taking shelter within a nearby bush. Yulan sighed before deciding to go back to sleep for he was a bit sulky that his perfect sunny day got completely ruined by the extremely fierce thunderstorm. He figured since there are so many tall trees there is no chance of any lightning to hit him such a small little tree compared to those giants.

Then all of a sudden a massive lightning bolt strikes the beautiful magnolia tree and there was a huge flash of golden light destroying all of the nearby trees turning them into ash. Not even the grass or flowers nearby were spared.

“Curse you lightning! Why did you have to strike me! I’m just a little ancient tree!” Yulan yelled loudly his cheeks puffed out and then he realized he is no longer a tree instead something completely different not to mention able to truly move around. “Jay...You had cursed me by saying good luck to me. No one has ever wished me good luck in my entire 5,000 years of life.”

Yulan crawled his way to the bush and he grabbed the trembling small male bluejay around the center of the bird’s body.

“I have no idea what I have been turned into by that lightning. Well at least I was not burned or turned into ashes.” Yulan muttered while lightly squeezing Jay and staring down at the frightened little bird. “Any idea what I’m now?”

“You have turned into a human….I have heard from other birds about what humans look like and....please let me go.” Jay cried out and Yulan drops the bird to the ground. “Thank you for your mercy ancient one.”

“Huh? What is a human?” Yulan asked curiously and Jay felt very grateful that Yulan is feeling curious now rather than blaming him just because of the whole ‘Good Luck’.

The ML will be showing up in next chapter (^_^)/*

14