Chapter 9 [ New Home ]
410 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Besides always stopping for the night, there wasn’t much to talk about. I let out a faint sigh, moving my bounded hands up to rub my eyes with my dirty rough hands before letting them fall onto my lap. The man told us this was our last stop till we get to where we are going. He barely talks to us - and he doesn’t seem to want to meet my gaze when I try to get to look at him. The others are seemingly dead, besides the blonde woman. Wonder what her name is? Though why does that matter, I met her eyes for a brief moment before I looked back down towards my hands. I felt horrible, sitting down in one place not able to move may be worse than at least being able to slightly lay in a metal cage. Maybe I’m thinking too much, but laying with someone in a cage would be comfortable now.

Turning my head towards the outside, with the thick cloth-like blanket covering the back had a small slit to peer through - the whole trip so far had ruined wildlife, there was barely any green just ash and dust in the air. Though seeing small signs of buildings made my stomach feel light, like there were butterflies. My new home is coming, I wonder what will happen overall - who I will end up with and what will I be doing. Peering down towards my hands once more, clenching my fists slowly. I can only hope and pray that I won’t end up being sold once I get there - I don’t trust that won’t happen.

Starting out of the gap, as voices of people slowly filled my ears I wondered where the place was. Close to the center of town? Around the edge? Because if this is the edge of town it’s quite lively - though most people I see so far have weapons on them. Adventurers are the first answer and I’m guessing I’m right - besides the people in the town-ish armor must be the guards. After minutes of me staring out, we finally stopped bringing me out of my daze.

“Hurry up and help me and stop staring at the horses!” I heard someone yell before I heard a set of footsteps before the tarp was opened - blinding me with the sunlight as I covered my eyes with my bounded hands. I heard someone click their town. “No beasts this run huh…” A man’s voice, slowly uncovering my eyes to see two men - about the age of my father though they do look better than him - way better.

“I got this one.” The man who drove us spoke, walking over un-doing the bound around my neck before lifting me putting me over his shoulder before taking me out of the carriage. Squinting my eyes once we were out of the dusty back, I peered around slowly. The place was nice - besides everything here also being affected. All of it was ash. Looking over to seemingly a park - was deserted.

Slowly turning my gaze to the ground as he brought me into the building - seemed well kept. At least the first floor - it had a few empty cages with a dusty sign hanging on one saying - “Rare” I doubt anything is rare for slaves - I think. The man stopped before opening a door before counting his way down into the basement - where I was hit with a stench of sweat, urine, and blood. Moving my hands to cover my mouth, and nose before I was placed onto the cold stone

“Stay here.” He spoke; not even looking towards me as he left to go into another room.

Peering around the dark suffocating room - this room was well kept. A table with rugged and torn clothing, and thin blankets. There were two doorways, one leading to where the man went and the other almost complete darkness. Slowly turning my attention to the roof, to see water dripping down onto the stone floor. There were footsteps before the others were rounded up to stand to my right side before the two men stepped back to watch us.

Before long the man came in, with another older man. He looked like he could be my grandpa overall. He looked kind; but of course, I shouldn’t look at the outside of people - they could easily hide anything they want with a smile and a few words if their true intention doesn’t get founded. He walked to be in front of us before looking all of us over, most of us including me had our heads down not wanting to look up towards the man.

He clapped his hands- with everyone’s but mine heads moving up to stare at him. I only moved my eyes to look up slightly towards him only staring at his chin. “Good everyone is here.” His tone was soft, but packed a punch that you shouldn’t backtalk to him - he looked down on us. He walked over to the blonde woman, before grabbing her hair moving her over towards him. He then looked towards me. “You.”

I looked up slightly to meet his gaze before walking over to him before stopping before him. “Good, good..” He commented, mostly in a mutter before ushering the blonde girl with him. “Come.” He spoke again, as I followed him slowly, still not looking up towards him again.

We headed into the other hallway that they didn’t come from - it was almost pitch black, with water dripping from the ceiling. We walked to a cage; before they pushed the blonde girl into the metal bars before unlocking the cage before tossing her in. He then proceeded to grab my hair and throw me in after her. I landed on my side, coughing weakly as I landed into a small pool of water. I heard the door lock, before the footsteps of the man leaving.

Slowly sitting onto my knees, holding my side with my small bounded wrists I slowly move to sit against the metal bars coughing weakly. After my coughing stopped I heard shuffling in the cell before I quickly looked up to see three pairs of eyes staring at me. Two of them look down quickly as only the now stared at me quietly.  I moved my gaze down to my still bounded hands trying to wiggle my small hands through the bindings.

If only it would work, getting a burn from trying to wiggle my hands out I finally stopped. I slowly laid onto my side, using my small arm as a headrest as I stared at the dimly lit pool of water that I must have landed into. Slowly closing my eyes I curled up against my body to at least sleep semi-comfortably.

Though this only lasted a few minutes before I heard someone gasp, opening my eyes to the noise I was greeted by a ball of light, in the middle of our cell. It slowly snaked or more so danced its way to the first person who I now noticed was a young woman - older than the blonde. It danced away from her, before dancing its way to the other. She was younger but the first, but still older than me. The small orb moved away from her - before totally bypassing as if it was avoiding the blonde before moving towards me. I was still as it floated in front of my face before I slowly moved my hands to cup the small orb. Cupping the small orb as it didn’t run away- blocked out the light of the cell. I slowly sat up, as I was going to open my hands to look at the orb before the idea was out of my mind as pain rocked my body suddenly. I lurked forward, before coughing up a mouthful of blood before falling onto my side gagging and twitching wildly. The last thing I knew before my world went black - was someone pinning me down with their red glowing eyes.

 

I'll post this and another chapter Friday. <3

 

 

13