Chapter 19 [ First Impression ]
205 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night went by silently - the only noise I heard was behind me. The campfires crackling and popping. I still didn’t quite understand the girl’s intentions but for now, I won’t bother to dwell on it. I had placed my hand on the spot she kissed without noticing as I made my way back to camp as the adventurers started to stir from their sleep. I glanced up to the ever lighting sky as a frown before quickly disappeared as I sat down by the fire.

Within a span of ten minutes, the camp was packed up and we were heading forward - no one seemed to be wiser that I wasn’t there for the whole night. Though I don’t think they can even notice my existence anymore. I stared coldly at the ground, clenching my fist. I am just a tool why would they care. To be able to get away from these people I will have to get stronger when we are raiding or my dream will be crushed into dust.

 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

 

Within a span of an hour of walking, I started to see small changes to the wildlife - or what was left. Some trees looked like they ripped apart with jagged-edged appearing one side, as the other will look fully intact till one will touch it. Everything we seem to touch turned to ash. I’m guessing we are getting closer to the dungeon as everyone seems to be highly alert, gripping their weapons tightly. Some even jump at the smallest sounds.

I could smell the fear from the groups behind us - only the front groups kept themselves steady. Though smelling the sweat from the hands of the others in the group I knew they were only showing a calm front. It took two more hours before we came to a clearing - which allowed us to see the opening of the dungeon which was bulging out of the group. Ash flowed freely in the air - only from our height are we able to see the tip of the entrance.

“What kind of hell formed when we left.” I heard someone mutter not too far away - though I couldn’t pinpoint who or which group the voice came from.

Eli turned to face the whole group which fear started to seep into everyone as they now knew what they were going to face before even getting close to the entrance. Mutterings quietly exchanged within their own groups before Eli started to talk in a loud voice - booming over everything.

“We will be heading straight into the mouth of the storm within the hour! Get everything prepared you will need to! Remember to make sure never lose track of the group in front of you when we enter the storm!” Eli, saying everything he needed, returned to his group, starting to prepare for the hell that is ahead of them.

It only took thirty minutes for all the groups to be ready - some having to borrow equipment from other groups to make sure not to lose any members. Eli group made their way first - only one group allowed to take the trail at a time as it wasn’t wide enough for any more. It didn’t take long for the groups to be swallowed by the ash storm. 

Strangely enough, it wasn’t windy at all - like the ash seemed free-floating nothing pushing the ash. Still, we didn’t stop walking once again spreading out to protect our flanks but not losing vision of the group to the side of us. I don’t quite remember how long we walked, everyone on edge as we closed the gap between our goals. It started to quickly become dark before a ping went off in my head but I had not spared a glance nor the strange power that started to awaken inside of me as I stared at the glowing eyes that pierced through the darken ash.

I slowly looked to my notifications before they appeared in my vision, my eyes widening.

 

[ Entered Lair of the Fallen ]

 

[ Unlocked Title Skill: Awaken ]

 

Before I could look into my new skill, sudden shrieks pounded my ears, returning my focus to see undead like beings started to throw themselves at the front groups. Their eyes were red with seething rage.

8