Chapter 32 – Standard Value
292 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 32 - Standard Value

 

 

[ Negative, the origin of the units behind the numbers are unknown to me. ]

‘Here we go again…’

Being given another no for an answer, Chrome was a bit disappointed, but he didn’t give up yet, it wasn’t like asking more questions cost him money anyway.

“Then is there any way you can help me define them?”

[ Affirmative, I can tell you the average number of stats of a certain race in its adult stage going by these units. ]

“Oh? In that case, please tell me the average stats of humans.”

While it wouldn’t be as comprehensive as knowing that, for example, 1 point in Agility equals a certain number of meters per second, at least having a number to relate to would be better so Chrome was at least relieved that he hadn’t hit another wall.

[ Affirmative. ]

After writing its signature word, the floating quill continued moving as it scribbled a list of stats which was pretty similar to the actual ‘Physical Status’ section in the assessment scroll before he finally added the numbers to it.

[ Strength: 11~9

Agility: 12~10

Vitality: 11~9

Endurance: 9~7

Intelligence: 12~10

Perception: 11~9

Charm: 10~8 ]

‘That’s quite inaccurate…’

Looking at the final result of the quill’s scribblings, Chrome complained a bit due to the big range, but it wasn’t actually that bad, it at least listed a certain range.

At the very least his confusion in regards to the Endurance stat was cleared, while the maximum value wasn’t that different from ten, the minimum value was only higher by one point, so it made more sense now.

‘Well, it should improve with training, and there is still a lot more to come!’

Low stamina could be very detrimental in lots of cases, it was probably only due to the Exos hall’s stimulation waves that Chrome could last that long, otherwise, he would have suffered quite a bit to build up his stamina.

Thankfully, he didn’t hesitate to pay for it, which proved to have been a very great decision, it was quite a worthy exchange. The best thing about it was that the elevation of his Endurance to the ‘Recognized’ number merely took 3 days of work and he still had 57 days to go!

Thinking about this, Chrome got quite excited as he anticipated the next time he saw another change like that, but that only made him move to the second question of his.

“Alright, next question, are there any other stats that aren’t ‘Recognized’ yet? If so, can they be made visible?”

[ Affirmative, theoretically, the number of stats is only limited by how many physical abilities you develop to achieve ‘Recognition’. As such, the ‘Self-Assessment & Modification Scroll’ can’t display them all until they reach that level. ]

“I see…”

Seeing the new words scribbled by the quill in place of the disappeared stats table, he understood the logic behind them, even if they could be all shown, they wouldn’t necessarily benefit him or anything, so he moved on to the next question.

“Then are there other actions that would prompt a similar change to the scroll’s text? And Is there a possibility to change the units or the way that they are displayed?”

Disregarding the first probing question, what stimulated Chrome’s curiosity was the second one, so far, the only change had happened when one stat grew up by a whole integer while the rest of the stats stayed the same, what was exactly the reason behind that? Why couldn’t he view the little progress he achieved till now?

[ There may be more, but it would be only known when such action is taken. As for the second question, affirmative, you can change the way it’s displayed. ]

“I can?”

[ Affirmative, you can choose to dissect one unit into a certain number of ‘parts’, if you wish to do so, I can apply the change to the scroll according to the number of parts you want to apply. ]

‘In that case…’

“Then is it possible to do so only to the value higher than the number shown yet still not acknowledged as the value didn’t reach a complete unit?”

[ Affirmative. ]

“Great! Then please apply that change to all stats, dissect the incomplete point into a 100 ‘parts’.”

[ Acknowledged. ]

Only leaving this word in its empty scroll, the floating quill moved to the ‘Self-Assessment & Modification Scroll’ and simply started inscribing new parts to the side of the numerical stats as… it shone in red light.

The result was…

‘This is it!’

_________________

Physical status:

--------------------

Strength: 9 (+0.11)

Agility: 10 (+0.06)

Vitality: 8 (+0.69)

Endurance: 6 (+0.01)

Intelligence: 19 (+0.49)

Perception: 14 (+0.36)

Charm: 10 (+0.10)

_________________  

Looking at the modified section, Chrome was elated, it may seem like something simple or without meaning, but to him, it was much more than that, a great source of motivation!

He had been observing the scroll in his mind constantly during his workout just for the sake of anticipating an increase to fuel his motivation but it was pretty dull as it never changed till now, even Endurance was likely to have only increased due to how close it was to reach 6 units…

However, now with this new change, he would be able to perceive the change as long as it was 100th of the normal unit, even just thinking about it gave him a bit of excitement.

‘Training should be a bit easier with this…’

Feeling a bit satisfied at his new discovery, Chrome’s anticipative tension finally calmed down as he started to feel the aching pain he got from the training earlier, but he didn’t immediately exit to rest, as he moved towards the candy machine on the side as he took a quick look at the glass globe.

‘Ah, it’s still not full.’

The glass globe was completely empty, but Chrome simply shrugged his arms as he noticed that it was still lacking 1 Energy Point. Thanks to the 24 hours cooldown that limited enhancing his ability once a day, he already had 3 SRP in store… if only he could enhance [Basic Energy Emission] without limit…

‘Let’s focus on one thing for the time being.’

[ Palace Lord is leaving the Self-Reliance Branch Palace. ]

Exiting the palace space as he heard the usual sentence repeated by the usual mechanical voice, Chrome paid his earlier thought no heed, he had already put his hopes on the quill’s hints about the enhancement’s cooldown getting reduced as the ability advanced further… simply wasting time to ponder on empty wishes was too wasteful, it would be better if he used it to rest more so he could go to the gym in a better shape...

 

9