SIDE STORY – The Otome Heroine
405 8 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Hana’s perspective

 

 

“Good afternoon, Hana-chan!”

“Hello, Yuipi.”

 

 

Today I was asked to come over to Yuipi’s house. She’s got a game and wanted to share it with me. So, I took her up on her offer, and here I am.

“So, how did your new Onee-san like the book?”

“She loved it! She was wary about the gore at first but after getting past all of that she fell for the romance.:”

Yuuipi bounced up and down…along with her twin balloons too. She has always had a…more robust body than the rest of our group and it was showing more and more every day.

“I’m glad. You talk about how cool she is and I’m happy she likes what I like too.”

A tad confused by her excitement I pace around the room a little. Her room is full of manga posters. Yuipi seems to haven’t changed all that much since elementary school and I’m really glad about that.

“Ohhh! Can I see a picture of her again, Hana-chan? You talked so much about her, and I really wanted to see her.”

I took out one of the pictures I cherished most. It was the one with me and Madoka-chan in the Hamasaki Inn and Onsen. I didn’t realize it at the time, but Saitou Saya-san took a picture of us. She claimed it was for Saitou Risa-san and the family though.

“Wow…she’s beautiful! I heard you talk about her, but she looks so trendy!”

Yuipi literally jumped in the air. I couldn’t imagine where all of her excitement was coming from. It was as if Yuipi had been possessed by a spirit that adored my Onee-chan…without even meeting her. But instead of pushing for information, I shrugged.

“She’s super into idols and fashion, so she’s used to keeping up with the trends.”

I pointed out that I was an expert in Madokaology! Nobody knew more about my Onee-chan than me…well, besides her mom…and maybe my mom. But at least anyone outside of the home didn’t know more about Onee-chan than me…

My mind raced for a bit as Mae-san popped into my head. That only showed me that I needed to up my game and learn more about Onee-san! Of course, even her best friend knew more about her than I did!

“I love my Onee-chan so much! I want to keep learning more about her and one day...”

I thought back to a few things before speaking my mind…

“I…just want her to be happy, Yuipi.”

“I’m sure she is, knowing she has you as her sister. Oh, can you call her, so I can speak to her?!”

That was a bit strange, but I took the bait and decided to do just that. I called.

“Hello, what’s up, Hana-chan?”

Madoka-san sounded as though she was relaxing on her bed. I’m sure she was listening to idol music or something. Onee-chan did that a lot.

“Hey…ah…my friend wants to talk to you.”

“Eh? Your friend…am I in trouble or something?”

She joked. She’s super snarky, and I loved that about Onee-chan.

“No! She…just wants to meet you I guess.”

I had no idea what Yuipi’s intentions were, but I handed her the phone. I felt a pit in my stomach as I did so though.

“Are you…ah…Nakagawa Madoka-san?”

A brief pause before her face turned bright red. Her legs began to twitch as she rubbed her feet together. Slowly, she began waddling around like a penguin in the zoo.

“I-I heard so much about you! Y-You sound like this super cool manga heroine I know! She has glasses, snarky and…and…ah…so trendy like how you dress!”

“Ah…Yuipi?”

She was beginning to hyperventilate. I was afraid she’d keel over from all of that, so I tried to take it back.

“One second, Ha-chan!”

She turned back around, away from me as she took a deep breath and exhaled. After doing this a few times she spoke in a high-pitched tone…

“Eh…I’m usually not…this forward but…”

She closed her eyes and spoke harshly. It only blew me away when she nearly shouted.

“Ah! C-Can I meet you one day, Onee-san?!”

I just stood there dumbfoundedly. I was super embarrassed, and I could only imagine what Madoka-san was thinking over the phone. After a brief pause, she closed her eyes and squealed in excitement.

“So cool! Thank you, thank you, thank you!”

That’s when she dropped the phone to the floor as she skipped around the room. How rude of her to treat my stuff like that!

“Yuipi!”

She danced more before coming to her senses.

“Wait, Ha-chan! I can explain! Look at this new visual novel! It’s an Otome horror romance game!”

 

When she showed me the game on her computer, the protagonist was right on the front, surrounded by a bunch of girls and guys. But what shocked me most was…the main character

Looked…

Just…

Like…

MADOKA!

 

 

“Oh my gosh! That is Madoka!”

I had to read this story now. Not only did it look interesting, but it featured Onee-chan.

“Let’s read it together and replace the MC's name with your Onee-san, Hana-chan!”

We did just that as we enjoyed our day reading a visual novel together. Onee-chan got a lot of suitors, both male and female. It showed me how…cool Onee-chan really was.

 

 

 

14