Ch10: Game Start: First and One more time..
79 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: Game Start: First and One more time...

Year 2112, five months after the beta test have ended. The company VENTURE have finally announced the completion of the RE-AL and some of the adjustments that have been made into the game. Everyone in the world was watching the broadcast as it was an important momentum in history of the world. The game was considered as a step towards a new era and it would changed the way of the world and the many lives of the people from different parts of the world.

Currently, reporters from different continents and parts of the world from famous companies are eager to get a scoop and some people was just really looking forward to gain an important information about the game as one of the VENTURE representatives and RE-AL developer Chun Dae-Hyun were answering their questions.

" The beta test are considered successful with some alterations based on the data that we have gathered from the beta testers. Everyone doesn't need to worry with the slight tweaks and changes that we made in the game. The changes that we made would certainly satisfy the players. "

The chosen representative of the venture says unconsciously smirking while he face the countless reporters and flashes of camera. He was calm while facing the eager press. One of the reporters stand up and asked eagerly.

" Yes, mister?..."

" Rafael Montefiore Sir.. I am a reporter from the Ark Entertainment. "

He paused briefly taking a deep breath before he begins his questioning.

" Representative Chun, could you tell us some information about the game? And why is there an 18+ restriction. "

" Well, to answer the question, the game contained some things that aren't suitable to minors.."

Some people who was watching the live broadcast and interview on their own devices and houses cheered. It was like a dream come true for them fulfilling their fantasies.

" Like what representative Chang? "

The reporter asked and the other reporters noted that there was something strange on that particular reporter. The reporters noted that he was maybe one of the youngest reporter among them in this interview. He was in his early twenties, and contain a refreshing and immaculate features. His coal eyes were gleaming— the gleam was a common feature towards them the greedy media, but there was something off on them... It wasn't ambition and greediness that they can seen on the eyes of the young man but a glee and excitement.

" Well there was the violence... "

Representative Chun Dae-Hyun says while everyone saw the reporter Rafael Montefiore gulping unconsciously.

" And then? "

He asked hoarsely.

" We have made the game as real as possible so please expect the a very strong gore content. "

" Really?! "

The reporter Rafael exclaimed cheerfully. All of the reporters look at him. He coughed and composed himself.

" Ah, what I mean is... Other than violence, is there other features that the game has? "

" We have made the game as real as possible. The virtual game would allow the players to experience and simulate their sense of touch. "

Some people, are already thinking of different possibilities within the game.

After the slight strange question of the Reporter named Rafael Montefiore. The other questions aren't a strange one. Some of the questions featured how would many virtual gears would be released, the date of the start of the sale of the virtual gears, how many numbers and the date of the launch of the game and some basic guidelines about the game.

" Rebirth Alternative or RE-AL online is a worldwide VRMMORPG. With the VENTURE as the main developer of the game, we have cooperated with different companies and the greatest experts of the world in every field. The game would only have one massive server but please, don't worry. We have been studying for years– the VENTURE have been dedicating it's attention in the development of the game for the 50 years. We certified that there would be no lags and crash within the game. We have dedicated half of our lives in the RE-AL and some people have even spent their whole life on it with their blood, sweat, tears, hard work, effort, talent.."

Representative Chun Dae-Hyun paused. Many people were paying their attention and mesmerized by the heartfelt words and sincerity coming from him. People all over the world were waiting for his next words. Night or day, time doesn't matter for the people right now. They were waiting for the new start of history. And representative Chun Dae-Hyun's words would be forever be remembered.

" and perversion. "

Cameras flash once again as representative Chun Dae-Hyun smiled.

" And let's not forget the dedication and imagination that the people in VENTURE and everyone who put their effort in developing the game to be successful. Everyone we we're looking forward for the lucky people who would be able to play the game. "

Chun Dae-Hyun smiled and waved at the people and the camera as he step down on the stage. Later, he was scolded by the president for his mischievousness.

" What perversion?! Dae-Hyun people would have some thoughts about the game because of what you said! "

" But it was true!! Miss Akabane and Mister Pallez have added some features on the slimes, plant vine monsters and various species of tentacle monsters!! "

" You don't need to say that word. "

" I'm just being honest sir. "

Other members of the company quick ushered Chun Dae-Hyun away from the president before the latter blood pressure start to act up again. One of the world's most talented and skilled Chun Dae-Hyun whistled happily as he look at the president.

He was just being honest. It's better for the players to have some clues about the game now before they start cursing them, the game developers who made the game for the difficulty, realism and some special features of the virtual reality game.

They, the game developers was looking forward on what would happen in the game and they were excited to see who would the players that would stand out in the RE-AL.

Chun Dae-Hyun look at his holographic watch when a projection of one of his co-workers appeared. Chun Dae-Hyun decided to return in one of the famous hotel here in the Canada. He quickly entered in the room that he have recently booked.

Making sure that no one is within the vicinity, Dae-Hyun pressed the small button on his watch.

« Subject 940$+ report. Investigations for Subject 940$+ are already done. Result of the investigation was concluded that the reported error was a complete and unknown and fascinating. I wouldn't speak further but please hurry and return to the lab quickly. »

" I see. Rosette can I ask how the special projects are working? "

« You need to return now before I can give you some information about project Phoenix, Nirvana and Cycle. »

An impatient and high pitched voice demanded. Chun Dae-Hyun smiled and unconsciously rubbed the back of his neck.

" Okay, okay, I would go now! Don't be angry!! "

« Hurry before I kill you. »

" Yes Ma'am! "

---------------------

Year 2113. Within the first month of the year, the January; the VENTURE have officially released the virtual gears and people hurriedly to buy to have a chance to play the long awaited game. 10,000 copies are released in each of the different countries of the world. Some people are lucky while the others are unfortunate. The unlucky ones need to wait for the second wave release of the virtual gears before they can get a chance to play the game again. Sadly, it would be in the month of April and they were unlucky because the launch of the game are in February 1 within the different countries.

Some people can only mourn for their luck but it didn't stop of the few unlucky ones to join the discussion within the online forums and the virtual game's official forum.

People were already discussing the eight general classes which was the fighter, swordsman, ranger, rogue, cleric, mage, lifestyle and random class. The different people have already their speculation about it and there was also the information of class upgrade once they reached the level 20 from the official website of the game.

Eager people are already calling the attention of the beta testers in the forums and some are asking shamelessly for tips and cheats. Of course none of the beta testers have replied and it resulted to some people already dissing the beta testers for their greediness and selfishness.

Among the beta testers who managed to read the post and messages on the forums, was Eden who immediately proclaimed them as shameless and useless leeches. Ellan meanwhile was already planning on how can he sell the informations successfully and efficiently.

Other beta testers are planning to use the information that they acquired for themselves. One example of those beta testers was the number one beta tester Tomada Haruto. A 2nd year high school student and a loner with absolutely no social life and friends at school.

(Noah: Hmmmm... I wonder why I was experiencing some familiar vibes. )

Anyway, back at the forums people are wondering what the heck is the lifestyle and random classes. People had clues about the first six classes since they are commonly seen in the games and literature works. Some commented in the forums that they would decide to choose a random class as they were fantasizing on discovering a wonderful secret within those classes.

Overall people were looking forward about the game. They were excited and looking forward on their first and only chance to experience the virtual game RE-AL.

Of course, there are certain exceptions within those people. Someone who was different and special. A person who was chosen.

You could say that this game wasn't their first and only ever chance. Some people were blessed and lucky to given a chance. A one more Rebirth Alternative. To experience RE-AL again. Did the heaven have taken pity on them? Did the God have decided to give them an another chance to right their wrongs?

Who knows...

But there was only one thing that Lin Feng was certain, this second chance that was given to him... He wouldn't waste it.

He would right his wrongs.

He would rise to the top, to the highest peak!

He would crash all of the people who mocked him.

He would get his revenge.

Pay back those people who have betrayed him!

Now, that he have his second chance, he would become the strongest and the greatest experts of this time would be nothing compared to him.

He would make sure to surpass the knowledge and information of those beta testers.

5 years knowledge...

Lin Feng is reborn and now this time, he would become the one and only supreme god of this game.

--------------------------

" Ehhh.... So who was the one responsible for this world again? "

Mepthys asked to no one as she browsed through the world that she have mistakenly dropped the poor mortal. Currently, she was using the pond of omniscience to view this certain world of mortals. She browse through the information and she could say that she wasn't amused and entertained with what she learned.

It has been 5 years since Mepthys was punished to remain and the Dreamlands and she was thankful that her punishment time have ended. When she was released, she immediately cried and laughed in happiness. Over the weeks she have done her job properly and she decided to watch over the world of that the poor mortal was reincarnated. Zeus have told her that she would be responsible towards the mortal man until the day that he would be dead to that world. Mepthys, upon viewing some of the circumstances of the world have thought that this Earth is definitely mess up.

Not only just one, but there are multiple son or daughter of heaven that was chosen in this world. And it happens that some of them was fated to brought changes in the era of the virtual games.

" I just have found this first protagonist but I know that he was already a type of someone who would go towards the path of revenge and cruelty! He was completely black hearted! Who is it? Who was the one who made this world? Is it Zeus? Hades? Anubis? Or Loki? "

2