Chapter 5 – It Begins
158 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

12 AM 

Exactly 50 people suddenly materialized in a large hall with a stage in front.

They were all aged between 16 to 45 and had both male and female participants.

A tall athletic looking woman with a dark black hair walked on the stage as the participants started looking around them 

Suddenly, a woman screamed as a naked man lay dead on the floor.

One of the men nearby knelt down and checked his body.

"Not breathing. No pulse" he said, shaking his head

"Why the hell is he dead?" the woman on the stage yelled

A beautiful blond jumped off the stage in a gigantic leap, clearing 40 feet and landed right where the naked man was

She frowned as she checked the naked man, and looked at the woman on stage

"Revive him! How can he be dead before we've started?" she asked

The blonde nodded as she placed her hands on his chest. A bright light emanated from her hands and it covered his body.

Lionel's eyes opened and he immediately grabbed his heart as that was the last thing he felt, accidentally holding her hand.

"Uh... are you ok?" the blonde asked

"Lionel was shocked and let her hand go.

"Why are you naked?" a man nearby asked

"I... was being murdered, I think" Lionel answered

The blonde walked back to the stage as Lionel looked around.

The people in the hall were dressed in all sorts of clothes. Some were in military uniform, including firearms, while others were in sports gear or other such clothing. 

Lionel covered his crotch as he wondered what was going on.

*Rowl* his stomach growled as he touched his stomach. 

He was very hungry as he hasn't eaten the whole day. In fact, he hasn't eaten since yesterday as he was so upset at the hospital. 

The blond on the stage started speaking in a loud voice 

"Attention! My name is Ishtar. You have all been chosen for a second chance. As you all know, you have all been paid a recruitment fee of a million dollars, which is non refundable. But we will have to put you through a few tests before you can be brought to the End of Days. 

For now, with whatever you have and whatever you find here, you may use to accomplish the task given.

Please now check your status" 

"Check my... status?" Lionel muttered

Suddenly, a screen popped up in front of him. 

[Lionel Marshall's Status Window]

[1. General Information]

Sex/Age: Male/29
Height/Weight: 180 cm/79.5 kg.
Current Condition: Good
Class: LV. 0
Nationality: United States (Area 1)
Affiliation: N/A
Alias: N/A

[2. Traits]

1. Temperament:
— Weak-willed. (Possesses a weak will, addicted to gambling and alcohol, cannot keep promises)
— Short-tempered.
- Easily Frightened (Due to PTSD, freezes in face of danger. Scared of loud noises)

2. Aptitude:
— Below Average. (Due to PTSD, unable to complete tasks an average adult should be able to do)

[3. Stats]

Strength: 6 Speed: 7
Agility: 5 Durability: 5
Intelligence: 5 Charisma: 8
Life: 100 Mana: 0

Remaining Ability points: 0

[4. Abilities]

1. Innate Abilities (0)

2. Job-Related Abilities (0)
- formerly a talented soldier (hampered by PTSD)

3. Other Abilities (0)
- former potential american football pro (haven't practiced in years)

Lionel was shocked. 

"These is my status, huh. It looks like I'm pretty much useless" he thought to himself. 

He wondered what everyone else's status was. They all looked buff and prepared for battle. 

Suddenly, there was another popup

[New Task: Survive the Zombie Attack]

[Remaining time: 03:59:38]

The people on the stage suddenly disappeared and the doors to the hall suddenly opened as strange people suddenly started running in. 

They jumped on the people closest to the door and started attacking them. The people they jumped on suddenly were bitten and they stopped moving

Unlike the slow moving zombies in the movies, these zombies ran at normal human speeds and by the way they were fighting those that used melee weapons, they had supernatural strength. 

The people with guns started firing their firearms but were shocked that the zombies ignored the damage to their bodies and kept attacking.

"Aaaaaagh" a soldier yelled decimating a zombie's head with his machine gun till it was nothing before its body collapsed.

The others, including Lionel backed off, allowing those with firearms kill to their hearts desire.

The problem was, they were running out of bullets one at a time, and fighting them with hand held weapons was difficult too as they were way stronger than an average person. 

Suddenly, someone behind yelled in pain and everyone realized that there was another entrance behind the stage and more zombies were pouring in. 

The crowd started splitting up and Lionel did the same.

Lionel went to a fallen soldier to try to get his clothes to wear when the dead soldier suddenly sat up and tried to bite him.

Lionel grabbed the dead soldier's rifle and slammed the butt of the rifle into the soldier's face.

Another zombie jumped on him as he wrestled the zombie on the ground, trying not to get bitten as the zombie threw him around.

He struggled and managed to get up, grabbing the rifle by the barrel and using it like a baseball bat and smashing the zombie with the butt of the rifle.

Suddenly, the rifle fired accidentally, and the bullet barely grazed Lionel's cheek.

The flash of the shot and the loud explosion of light in his face caused him to freeze as his mind's eye exploded with light.

As if something snapped in his mind, Lionel went in automatic mode and turned the rifle around, firing a bullet into each of the two zombie's eyes, effectively blinding them.

He jumped up and grabbed another rifle, firing both in each arm like Rambo

Finishing the bullets after killing several zombies, he picked up a flack jacket that one of the zombies, who was initially a participant was wearing.

On it were several grenades as he pulled the pin on two of them and threw several outside, destroying several zombies and clearing a way out. 

"Who is that naked guy? He's good" a soldier said

"Follow him!" another said as around half of the survivors followed after Lionel.

 

 

3