Chapter 10 – Passing Thru With Flying Colors
114 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lionel reappeared in a room and looked around. 

Of his original group, there was himself, Sarah, Daniel, Annora and Mat Rat still around. Only Romeo was lost. 

Of the other group of 5, all the rest had died except the Mutilator and the assassin Spider-Man. 

"Congratulations! Good to see so many of you alive" Ishtar smiled. 

"The first test was to test your physical abilities. The second test was to test your mental abilities, your will power" she explained. 

"I had this on. The succubus could do nothing to me" Mat Rat said, pointing to his tin foil hat.

"I have one on my penis too" he smiled and whispered to Lionel and Daniel.  

"Damn it. Don't put such an image in my mind" Lionel said as Mat Rat giggled. 

"Due to that motherfucker over there, the succubus could not tempt me either" Daniel said glumly, touching his crotch which no longer had a male organ. 

"Your welcome" the Mutilator said in a cheery voice as he licked his lips remembering the taste of eating Daniel's body part.

"I've taken a chastity vow till I get married. No matter how handsome the creature was, I closed my eyes and rejected him" Sarah said. 

"Your self control is strong. We assassins have trained our mental strength to endure all temptations" Annora said. The other assassin called the Spider-Man nodded his head. 

Lionel stood silently and nodded pretending to agree. 

"Fuck, am I the only one who succumbed to temptation? I'm lucky to have survived" Lionel thought to himself. 

"These are your scores for the tests. In the first test, you get 10 points per zombie you destroyed and 100 points for passing the test. For the second test, you get 100 points for lasting till daylight. 

Matthew Rattinger, you get 0 points for killing zombies and 200 points for passing both tests. Your total is 200 points

Sarah Lochear, you get 0 points for killing zombies and 200 points for passing both tests. Your total is 200 points

Daniel Jones, you get 20 points for killing zombies and 200 points for passing both tests. This makes your total 220 points

Raymond Bundy, you get 60 points for killing zombies and 200 points for passing both tests. Your total is 260 points

"So that's his name" Lionel noted, looking at the Mutilator

Annora Lee, you get 80 points for killing zombies and 200 points for passing both tests. This gives you a total of 280 points

Nico Nguyen, you get 80 points for killing zombies and 200 points for passing both tests. You also have the total of 280 points

Lionel Marshall, unbelievable" Ishtar paused. 

Lionel's eyebrows raised as she continued

"Lionel Marshall, you get 1780 points for killing zombies and 200 points for passing both tests. You also get a bonus of 200 points for killing the succubus. This gives you a grand total of 2180 points" Ishtar announced. 

Everyone gasped at the total, and the Mutilator and Spider-Man especially took note.

"Wow! Congratulations" Daniel said, punching Lionel on the shoulder. The other 2 girls congratulated him too. 

"Now. You will be sent home to handle your affairs. In exactly 1 week, you will be brought to the training zone before being allowed into the End of Days. Your goal in the training zone will be to train your abilities and find out your class. The End of Days is a place where the battles are beyond your imagination.  

As the time one Earth and here is the same, I would suggest you create an excuse to disappear for a while. We can also help you set up a overseas job as a cover to tell your friends and family. I would suggest you use the money paid to settle your affairs before you return. Furthermore, another 5 million will be paid into your account as a reward for passing the tests" Ishtar said.

Everyone's eyes lit up when they heard that they would be paid another 5 million dollars

"Congratulations and make your preparations" she said snapping her fingers. 

All the survivors started disappearing and vanished from sight. 

However, as Lionel was disappearing, he suddenly reappeared again and started gasping for air and holding his chest in pain. 

"What's going on here?" Ishtar asked. 

"I don't know ma'am" a subordinate answered

"Get Rachel to investigate" Ishtar yelled as the blonde woman appeared again to try and heal him. 

But to her surprise, Lionel didn't need to be healed and only smiled at her as he breathed a sigh of relief

"Hi. I'm Lionel" he smiled, enchanted by the healer

"I'm Aceso" she smiled

A phone rang as Ishtar picked up the phone

"Yes? Rachel, report. They did what? I see. Yes... yes... yes. I understand. Bye" Ishtar said while looking at Lionel.

"You.. no longer have a body" Ishtar said

"I know" Lionel nodded

"Huh? You knew?" Ishtar said

Lionel explained what happened in his final moments.

Ishtar listened and thought for a while.

"It seems you have two options. Normally, when a person is sent to the End of Days, if he or she dies, he or she will be revived back on earth with his or her memory erased. In a way, you have two lives.

But your body on earth has died.

So the options available to you is:

A) You live permanently here in this End of Days realm without returning or

B) You return with this body back and forth. But if you die, you won't have a second chance on Earth. You die for good" she said.

"I choose B" Lionel said immediately

"You didn't hesitate at all" Ishtar said

"I have things to take care of" Lionel said'

"Understood. Good luck. See you in a week" Ishtar nodded 

"Thank you" Lionel said as he successfully teleported away.

"Should you be doing that for him? Thats unprecedented" the assistant said

"Have you seen a score this high Ajax? I have a feeling this Lionel Marshall will be an important part of our future" Ishtar said

Ajax nodded grimly

"I hope so. I sincerely hope so" he muttered 

1