Chapter 16 – Settling in
104 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lionel walked into a workshop and was surprised to see how large it was. 

A naked woman, who looked like she was made entirely of gold walked up to him. 

"Uh... hi! I would like to buy a weapon" Lionel said. 

"Hello. What kind of weapon are you looking for?" he asked.

"Um. I'm looking for something long and heavy that I can smash through armor" he answered. 

"Right this way sir" she said, leading him to another room. 

In it were an array of heavy weapons. From war hammers, to large clubs, to those with sharp edges like broad swords and halberds. 

He went through all of them, testing them one by one before shaking his head.

"They are all too light" he said

"Please wait a minute sir" she said as she excused herself

Moments later, a large muscular man limped in. He had mechanical braces that helped him walk and he only wore a leather kilt with no top, exposing his large sweaty body.

"Hello. I am Vulcan, the smith here. How can I help you?" he asked

"Hi. My name is Lionel Marshall. I am looking for a heavy weapon, but all of these are too light" Lionel said

"Oh? Hold this for me" Vulcan said, handing Lionel his smithing hammer from his belt.

Lionel took it and grunted. It was so heavy he needed both hands to carry it, but he managed not to drop it on the floor but only managed to hold it at knee level with all his strength.

"Oh! Not bad, You're quite strong" Vulcan said, impressed that Lionel could even hold his hammer.

 He took it back and said "Wait for a moment"

He disappeared for a moment and returned holding a large weapon that was a hybrid with one side of the head a blunt hammer and the other side an axe.

It's handle and head reached up to Lionel's shoulder if measured from the ground.

"Here, try this" Vulcan said, handing it to Lionel.

Lionel held it and found that although it felt heavy, it was very balanced,

"Very nice" Lionel said, swinging it like a baseball bat.

"It's handle is made from Orichalcum and its head from Adamantium. It costs 6000 points" he said

Lionel checked his status and realized that he had 7807 points.

"Great! I'll purchase it" he said as he continued using it like a bat.

"Ok! Um... do you know how to use that? I would advice you to go see Ares at the training area to get the full use of this weapon" Vulcan said

Vulcan left him and the gold assistant and he spent another 1000 points on a storage belt and a leather kilt and boots.

The storage belt had a dimensional storage area with 5' x 5'  meters of space, while the kilt and boots were made of the leather of a red Ethiopian forest bull, whose hide was able to withstand normal sharp weapons.  

He did not want to always be wearing torn clothes, so he splurged a bit on better clothes. 

--

A few hours later, he was found at the martial gym, being thought how to use his weapon by Ares, the God of War. 

"Good! Now swing it with your whole body weight, with all your strength. You must use the weapon's weight, not your muscular strength to fully utilize it's destructive power" Ares said, watching Lionel swing his weapon around in a set of predetermined moves. 

To Ares' surprise, unlike the other trainees, Lionel required no rest and had practiced for 2 straight days without showing signs of tiredness. 

Suddenly, he stepped onto the mat and faced Lionel, holding a large broadsword. 

"Now that you've gotten used to swinging around your weapon, I will swing my sword at it to simulate being blocked while using all your strength" he said. 

Lionel nodded and swung the first movement which was an overhead strike.

*Bang*

The sound of the clash was so loud the other trainees turned and watched. 

In every swing, there was a small concussive shockwave generated outwards from the point of impact of both weapons. 

*Bang* *Bang* Ares kept blocking, then counter attacking following the pre-determined pattern. 

Lionel's hands started turning numb as the feedback of power from the warhammer was immense. 

Ares was obviously feeding him the moves when he suddenly changed patterns, causing Lionel to react. 

It soon became a full on spar as Ares gave Lionel all the believable possible strikes. 

After 10 minutes, Ares swung his sword in a backhand strike, and Lionel could not take it anymore.

He was blown backwards onto the floor as his warhammer flew and smashed through the gym walls. 

Lionel got up and bowed, thanking Ares for the instruction. He retrieved his weapon and went to rest. 

He went to the dorms and found that it was a co-ed dorm with all the males and females sharing the dorms as well as the shared bath facilities. 

"Hey! Hey Lionel! Over here!" Sarah greeted from one of the dorm rooms. 

He walked up to her smiling and she hugged him.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you since the briefing" she said

"Yeah I've been doing missions since we arrived" Lionel answered.

"Since we've arrived? I haven't done a single mission yet. How did you go?" she asked

"I can only do up to Moderate level missions by myself. I had to get a weapon and new clothes, see?" Lionel said. 

"Oh. You must be the guy with the crazy warhammer! Everyone has been talking about your spars with Ares" she said. 

"I guess that's me" Lionel smiled. 

"So which dorm are you in?" she asked. 

"I... I don't know. This is the first time I've been to the dorms" he answered. 

"Oh, then come over here" she pulled him and showed him an empty bed next to hers. 

"You can use the locker next to mine and this bed next to me is empty. Annora is on that bed" she said. 

"Oh! How is she doing?" he asked

"Probably training. She is going to attempt a mission tomorrow" Sarah answered. 

She started stripping right there in front of him and threw her tunic on the floor. 

"Lets go to the baths. You are going too right?" she asked, naked. 

"Uh yeah" Lionel was shocked. Wasn't this the girl who swore to chastity and resisted the incubus?

She walked behind him and his kilt fell to the floor. 

She grabbed his hand and pulled him to the wash area. 

The area was like a large cave, with waterfalls twice the height of an average person and several large pools. 

"Come! I'll clean you" she said, pulling him under the waterfall. 

1