Chapter 32 – The Stalemate
73 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took several days before Lionel could speak properly again. Fortunately he had Hebe to take care of him. 

He remembered who he was, and his life experiences. But of course, he can't be completely sure of this.

It took another day for Lionel to remember how to move and walk. But at night, Hebe made sure he could function and move rhythmically.

About a week later, he was about to attempt the mind flayer mission again.

"Are you sure this will work? Why do you need to do this mission. You only need to get 5000 points for the End of Days. You don't need to do all the missions, you know?" Hebe said

"I know. But these bastards have my armor and my Brick" he said determinedly. 

"Besides, I have a fool proof plan" he suddenly smiled and put on a tin foil hat.

--

"Hahahaha Mat Rat, you crazy genius" Lionel laughed, smashing through the city of the mind flayers. 

Wearing nothing but his tin foiled hat, he practiced all his skills, with his claws and fangs fully extended, his wings fully open, a raging storm blowing everything around in 300mph winds. 

Without their tremendous psionic abilities, the mind flayers were no more powerful than the host bodies they took over.

Lionel easily ripped through the humanoids that were at most Easy or Moderate level opponents without their psionic powers. 

He recovered Brick and his armor, his storage belt and plenty of other previously confiscated weapons and charged his way through to the center hub of power in the city. 

An ulitharid seemed to be the ruler of this city, and in the center hub were also several elder brains. 

A ulitharid was a superior illithid, with longer and 6 tentacles from their octopus like head instead of 4. 

Lionel smashed through an elder brain, crashing to the ground as it deflated like a deflating bouncy castle. 

He threw Brick at the ulitharid who was smashed backwards, even though its psionic shield barely managed to block the attack.

Brick's spell negation actually made the psionic shield disintegrate on contact and before the ulitharid could get up from the ground, it screamed in pain as Lionel's claws pierced its chest, injecting basilisk venom into its body.

The ulitharid melted into purple goo as Lionel turned around and turned everything in the vicinity to statues.

He then flew out into the street, and screamed in the air, killing everything within earshot as he committed illithid genocide. 

Lionel landed on the ground and dispelled the storm. 

The whole city was ravaged, leaving him the only living being in what was once a thriving city.

--

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Hebe asked. He had just finished his mission minutes ago, but Lionel felt it wasn't a challenge since he wore the tin foil hat. 

"There is a reason I was building up my poison immunity. It's for this very mission. I want to try this one to gauge the difficulty before trying the others" Lionel said

"There's a reason it's rated as an impossible mission. Please, can you not do this?" she asked.

"I said I would bring you a matching set to add on to your hydra and chimera statues, didn't I?" he smiled

She smiled sadly as he departed into the teleporter. 

He looked around him as he stood on a cliff facing the sea.

Standing in the sea was a gigantic humanoid whose body seemed to comprise of entwined snakes and whose head sprouted 100 snakes.

Standing behind him on the cliff was another giant, a half woman half snake creature with hundreds of snakes all over her body.

They were the titans Typhon and Echidna, the parents of the many Greek monsters like Cerebus, hydra and the Chimera.

Lionel withdrew his Warhammer Brick, and started twirling it in his hand as he summoned the storm.

Suddenly he teleported instantly and smashed Echidna in her face and instantly appeared before Typhon's face.

Echidna screamed in pain but Typhon reacted fast, swatting Lionel away as smashed into the cliff.

Lionel was shocked as Typhon has simultaneously bitten him dozens of times with a myriad of poisons.

"Damn" he said, surprised that he was being affected.

Hundreds of snakes burst out of the cliff behind him, biting him all over. It was Echidna, and her venom was different and just as bad as Typhon's

Though both their venoms were possibly deadlier than even the basilisk, by now his body resistance was such that he only felt pain and was paralyzed. 

He was in no danger of dying from poisoning. 

And Typhon and Echinda could not damage him enough, no matter how many ways they tried to bash him. Some of the snakes shot fire or acid, but those were completely ineffective against Lionel, only distracting him with pain. 

After over an hour, both monsters got tired of continuously smashing the ever healing Lionel and they started ignoring him, only sporadically smashing him to keep him incapacitated. 

Just then, Lionel struggled to stand and growled

"Don't go doing that above my head. It's disgusting!" he said as he screamed a death scream and teleported out

--

"Lionel!" Hebe said but was affected by the poisons eminating from his body. 

"Stay back" he said as he ran into the new quarantine room that had been build by Vulcan. 

The administrator Gods decided to create such a room after the basilisk incident. 

He writhed in pain in the transparent room as Vulcan's gold assistants cleaned up the missions room from his dripping poison. 

Even the glass composite started to melt around Lionel, but fortunately it passed. 

Lionel exited from the room and told Hebe he wanted to try again. 

"Are you sure?" she asked. 

"Yes! This is my first impossible mission. And look!" he said, showing her a few lines from his status

1. Innate Abilities (1)
--
- Venom (Basilisk, Hydra, Chimera, Typhon, Echidna)
--
- Immune to poison (Gorgon, Basilisk, Hydra, Chimera, Typhon, Echidna)

Hebe's eyes opened wide in shock. He really did it!

He smiled as he teleported again to the mission. 

--

He reappeared in 2 hours, looking grim and looking battered and emanating poison that no longer affected him. 

This repeated over and over again as he kept entering and exiting every 2 hours, looking frustrated and injured. 

He had hit a wall. Although Typhon and Echidna could not kill him but kept smashing him around, he could not do enough damage to kill them either

This was the first time that he had no idea how to finish the mission!

0