Chapter 35 – Rescued
88 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did it land somewhere here?"

"Yes! I'm sure of it. I saw it from the town last night"

"But the whole place is in ashes. How can you tell?"

"Over there! See? The crater!"

"HOLD! Back off slowly!"

"Why?"

"Look at all those bodies! Do they look burned to you?"

"No... that looks like a massacre"

"What kind of creatures are those?"

"They look like xenowolves"

"Xenowolves? Good god! What could do that to them? They're tough creatures to handle, even for us"

"Look! There's a cave over there!" 

"Are you sure we should approach? If whatever is in there did this to xenowolves, we best not go near"

"No don't..." 

It was too late. One of them already entered the cave with her weapon fully ready. 

"Of all the stupid... what is that?"

"I don't know. Is it a man?" 

The group approached what looked like a humanoid.

However, it's head, one arm and torso was fully covered in scabs and charcoal, but it had two new skin colored legs, an arm and to their shock, a nicely sized penis dangling from between its legs. 

"Is that a man?"

"Don't you recognize that? I guess you haven't had a man for a long time"

"Shut up"

"He's barely breathing. Let's get him back to the fort"

"Are you crazy? What if its a monster?"

"With a cock like that... he surely is a monster with his monster.." one of them sniggered

"Lets cover him and bring him to the wagon"

"Yes, lets not take too long. This area is full of monsters"

--

Lionel opened his eyes and found himself on a wagon that was travelling pretty fast over a rugged road

The bumpiness woke him from his slumber and he found himself surrounded by people he's never seen before.

The one driving the wagon looked like a ranger. His face was handsome, but rugged and he wore well worn leather armor, with his bow on his back and his sword on his side. 

Next to him was a large male knight, his once gleaming armor now covered in dirt and grime. 

In the middle of the wagon, on Lionel's left side was a female elf with golden hair who looked like she was on full alert in front of the wagon. 

On the right of Lionel was a red headed woman, dressed in a skimpy chainmail bikini who held her large bastard sword ready. 

Near his feet, a blonde female priestess sat dressed in a white robe that looked like they needed a wash as it was already full of dirt and muck. 

Opposite her was a female magician with dark blue hair, dressed in a green robe and a green pointed hat, carrying a staff. 

At the back of the wagon, female drow, her bow fully ready. She carried two scimitars on his back.

"Where am I?" Lionel asked

"Oh? He's finally awake" the blonde priestess said.

Lionel tried to move as the charcoaled parts of his skin broke off his body, revealing fresh new skin underneath, matching those of his legs and arm. 

"He's gorgeous!" the female magician said as the other females took a peek.

"We rescued you from the outskirts of Fort Larimar. We are the Wildcats" the red haired warrior in the bikini said

"Wildcats?" Lionel mumbled

"Yeah. All the good names were taken" she answered

"Hey! I chose that name! They were an awesome team!" the knight said defensively.

"So. What's your name? And why are you naked?" the red head asked 

"I....I'm Lyon. My clothes were all burned off and my storage ring is missing" Lionel answered, hiding his real name in case some of the Gods were searching for him. Besides, he doesn't know how long time had passed since he escaped from the training zone. 

"I see. When we found you, you were badly wounded. But why do you look fine now?" she asked

"I recover fast. That's my ability. Healing" Lionel said

"Like Wolverine!" the knight beamed

"You must be a comic reader" Lionel asked

"Yeah! You too? Do you have claws?" the knight asked

"Not like Wolverine, but I have these" Lionel said, showing him his claws

Lyon was introduced to the rest of the team

The wagon driver was Barthelomew Lomas, or just Bart for short. He is a level 3 Ranger

The knight was Maximillion Andredi. or just Max, a level 3 knight

The elf was Alissa, a level 4 archer, a local of these lands

The red head was Tanya Grayson a Level 3 Berserker while the priestess was Isabelle Grant, level 4 priestess

The mage was Monet Luca, level 3 Sorceress while the drow was named Lisanna, a level 4 warrior, also a local from these lands.

The team was comprised of veterans, Alissa and Lisanna, both level 4, which made them highly regarded in these parts, while the rest were Level 3 which was the level of an average team leader. 

Lionel found out that the Wildcats were out for a treasure hunting trip to find the remains of the meteor that crashed yesterday. Sometimes, you can recover meteorite rock for making weapons, or sometimes it is a magical weapon that may have landed from the void. 

Of course, Lionel knew that it was his very body that crashed from the heavens, creating the small crater. 

Finding nothing, they found him in a small cave nearby, unconcious and were now bringing him back to Fort Larimar since it was dangerous out there, and their mission was a failure. 

Fort Larimar was a tough town in the Badlands, where demons and outsiders regularly attack.

The Badlands were the boundary areas between the God ruled End of Days and the demonic worlds. This was an area where the rule of law does not apply and killings are a daily occurrence.

They arrived at Fort Larimar and stopped at their team headquarters, a warehouse that had been refurbished to a base for them as Lionel, now Lyon, thanked the Wildcats as they not only rescued him, but gave him a cloak to wear. 

"What will you be doing now?" Tanya the red headed warrior asked 

"I don't know yet. Maybe get a job of something" Lionel answered

"My orb says that you are only a level 0. It's too dangerous for you in the Badlands. Maybe you can work in the Lonesome Dove, the pub" Monet said, scrying into her orb

"He's only a level 0? How is that possible? Those fools at the Training Zone actually let him out and not get him levelled up?" Bart the ranger asked.

"I was entering the portal to the End of Days when something happened to my teleportation and I ended up here" Lionel said

"My God. That's the other side of the continent! You should have been allowed to slowly take missions in the safer cities and slowly build up your experience. Only hardened veterans and those who want to test themselves and prove their service come to the Badlands. I'm afraid you'll die here" Bart said. 

"Um... are they any of the Gods here?" Lionel asked, hoping to find out information about Hebe. 

"The Gods? No. They hang out in their mighty cities like Asgard and Olympus. The nearest one from here is Tir na nog, which is one day by horse from here. They have a teleportation portal to the other cities.  

But I heard the city was recently attacked" Max said. 

Lionel nodded. He was still unsure what to do now. He literally was dumped into a new world without even an inch of clothing on his back. 

"Where will you be headed from here?" Alissa the blonde elf asked

"I don't know. I'll have to find my footing in this town and see what happens" Lionel said, having just been introduced to this realm

"You can stay with me. I have room" Alissa suddenly said

"Really? That will be very much appreciated" Lionel said, happily receiving help

"He won't be staying for free. He better be as good as Alissa expects him to be" Money sniggered to Tanya. 

 

 

0