Chapter 21: August sometimes forgets Sukhi’s gender
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hearing the whole story August in anger said, "It was you."

Sukhwinder got furious and yelled, "How could you, do that? What will children learn from you? "

August shook her and said more loudly, "Didn't you heard me it was you."

Sukhwinder irritatedly replied, "I heard you but you shouldn't have peeked at me I had no relation with you. "

August facepalmed and said, "First of all you should have closed your bedroom door, and second it is not my fault that you use to dress like a skinny Sardarji."

Sukhwinder clutched her fist, "What do you mean by skinny Sardarji?"

August, "You were too thin, and with that turban, you looked like a boy. I would forget you are a girl and your name, it was hard to tell if my grandma was calling a girl or boy. And on top of that, you never act like a girl. All the neighborhood boys called you veere (brother in Punjabi).  "

Sukhwinder, "It is very common in Punjabis to have names like Parminder, Gurmeet. So it doesn't mean they all are boys. And we all act this way."

August in a little gentle manner, "Dear Sukhi you changed my perspective of Indian as well as all women in the world ages ago. So don't need to remind me again. Plus now I am a dad of two girls."

The show ended on this note and in the upcoming episode the mystery of who is the second daughter of August will be revealed.

Then below me and Erin read the comments,

Brave33: Dude these two Indians always create good moments in the show, I really like Diljit's love story.

Hotpotato : I don't understand why these men categorized how should a woman behave.

Angel: I too agree with you. I hate being stereotyped just because I am blonde.

Mario##: I liked both the romance story. I felt it was fresh and not scripted like Conrad and Brenda. Good that Brenda went out of the show. I was tired of their honey and sugarcoated romance.

Roy: I liked today's show very much. Can anybody answer me? Why Punjabis both sexes have the same name.

Lovely: In Sikhism, both genders are given equal status and in olden days women also went to the battlefield. The first Sikh female warrior  Mai Bhago had fought against Mughals in 1705. She went to the battlefield when men were afraid to go, seeing her criticism and bravery men felt ashamed and followed her to the battlefield.

JKA: I thought Indian woman didn't get out of the house and you are saying they went to war are you joking girl.

Lovely: First of all I am a man and secondly I am also a Sardar. I know my history.

Suhan: I am tired of how westerns see us like all women are submissive Khwalah bint al Azwar was also a renowned Arab female warrior and commander of the army.

And the netizens fought on this topic like they themselves in the battlefield, a lot of Asian people flooded the comment section with powerful Asian women from ages. I think they all forgot about the show and immersed themselves in proving that their countrywoman is not weak. I also felt that I am reading the feminism section rather than entertainment And the weirdest thing is all the men are fighting more actively than women…

0