Chapter 9 : Lin, Son of …..
365 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That day when Lin and Sun had a race witnessed three major events. First event was Lily finally breaking through the restrains of the fourth-realm of soul cultivation and activating her soul-sense. Second event was Lin's parents planting another seed for his next sibling and the third event was Sun following the parent’s example and planting his seed while Lily sat to the side to watch because that’s her only condition or this tiger can go search for another partner in the wilderness if he wants. Sun had no other choice but to agree to Lily’s terms and the little-devil kept snickering endlessly while using the new ability of her soul-sense to watch her mother moaning! The girl would lick her lips in excitement whenever she did her calculations on how many couples were in every household back there in the village right now.

'When will it become night? Why's the daylight taking so long to leave! Scram already I want to watch them all' Lily kept checking the clock impatiently on the first day her soul-sense activated and was desperately waiting for nightfall to spectate them all like a never seen before pervert with amazing capabilities! poor villagers didn't know about the world-class "psycho" waiting for nightfall to descend on the world while biting her nails impatiently just to watch all these people fool around with their women in bed or if they did it outdoor then it would be even better in the opinion of this girl.

-----

The fifth year of Lin's life was by far the most peaceful year without any distractions and he spent his time either training himself or guiding little-Lao on how to start his own training in gymnastics. But unfortunately his little-brother Lao’s awakening doesn’t seem to be going smooth like it happened for Lin and Lily! it seems unlikely for the boy to be able to awaken it any time soon.

The boy who used to cringe inwardly because he was seeing himself always being slow and wasteful when it comes to time and whenever Lin wanted to get things done he would be forced to exhaust valuable minutes if he wanted to move from one location to another and it was a source of constant headache for him! especially if Sun wasn’t available and his secondary methods of transportation would be backwardly or unsafe if used over a certain limit. Asking Lily wouldn’t work either because she too does have her tasks and aligning-schedules with his sister couldn’t always work before he got to control his wings. Then Lin found his prior thoughts to be just "hilarious" after his spirit-wings revealed their edge in speed and Lily -who's usually cocky and stubborn on top of being a shameless sore-loser sometimes- never asked her brother to compare speed with her again! because after the girl broke-through the realm of soul-seeking and reached the realm of soul-eye she still couldn't pinpoint her brother’s location when he moved freely within the range of her soul-sense at great speed. Not even an after-image would be seen when the boy let loose and released the restraints of his soul-force on the pair of wings then Lily heard her brother say that he feels like his wings are "shackled" by something which he doesn't know yet! but he could still feel it vaguely when he tried to push them to move faster. The girl’s phoenix-throne with all its grandiose could only be called a "snail" if there's any kind of comparison with the boy's light-wings and that would be exaggerating Lily's martial-spirit.

Anyway Lin got his skin cracked and split when he tried to push faster by the razor-sharp air-pressure and once that happened the boy learned his lesson and only moved within his body’s endurance-limit from that day onwards. It wasn't like he’s desperate to try like someone who never experienced moving at great speed before! his skin-suit in the previous life was already capable of moving at insane speeds nearing the speed of light and the "wormholes" made him breakthrough the dimensions of space-time and jump from one place to another place on the other edge of the universe just to save light-years worth of time travelling in space. Otherwise his previous self in the life before this would've arrived on earth at the age of forty something years old after he left his family at the age of four.

Taking care of his little-brother Lao and little-sister Rose which is both cute and normal! was fine with Lin who only trained or spent his free-time with his family. The boy was clearly trying very hard to itch these memories in the deepest and safest parts of his brain because he never got to enjoy these feelings before and the peaceful-effect they had on his soul were amazing.

-----

First day of winter.

Lin stood in the training-grounds and was calmly going through the motions of his advanced PUMMA manual. Slowly changing arm or leg-movements and shifting his weight through the different stances calmly with great focus and concentration. Other kids in the training-grounds -especially the young ones who were fortunate enough to be born within the safety of this community- were chasing each other in the area around the boy and some naughty kids in the group even dared to clown Lin's movement under the giggles of their friends. However the boy himself was very absorbed and focused on what he’s doing to the degree of not noticing the antiques of the kids around him and even if he did Lin wouldn't care to give such pure and innocent actions anything other than a smile.

“Oy! you better stop throwing snow balls at my big-brother... or I'll come there and stuff your faces in the snow myself.”

“Gyaah... run! boss-Lao saw us...”

“Uahh... mommy!”

“Humph... snort.”

When the little kids were found-out their first thought was run like mad! Lao is the toughest kid around their age and could beat some older kid who got found a while ago in the "wild" the wild-boy tried to snatch Lao's cupcake and got Judo-slammed face first to the floor when he refused to give it back to its owner. Yes Lin reprimanded Lao for what he did afterwards while tending to the poor-boy’s wounds still that wild-kid kept following behind Lao just like how Boss kept following after Lin's father like a minion after getting his ass kicked by the handsome man! when these kids heard Lao's voice they scurried-away like flies being exposed to bug-spray.

“Big-sister Lily... why's big-brother Lin always that kind to others? he didn't flinch once when these monkeys made fun of him, it seems like he's in an entirely different world whenever he’s exercising these days. Sigh... if only I had such concentration, then I would've awakened my martial-spirit already.”

Lao leaned his back against one of the pavilion’s pillars and muttered begrudgingly with pouted lips while watching Lin's lone figure training under the falling snow! ever since this boy started his PUMMA training six months ago after his fourth birthday little-Lao never stopped dreaming day and night about the time he finally awakens his martial-spirit too and follow the example of his big-brother and sister.

“Because he's just an idiot... a big one too, isn't that all clear and obvious already! and don't be in a hurry yet to awaken your martial-spirit my sweet champion, I told you before that it's such a useless thing since it makes us sleepy if we used it for long.”

“But-”

“No buts! did you forget the time Lin returned with his face almost entirely shredded by the air-pressure?”

“I... didn’t my queen, that looked very dangerous.”

“It was... extreme air-pressure makes wind sharper and tougher than steel-blades, but I got to admit that it was a hilarious scene though! with mother panicking and all.”

“Not really... mom kept glaring at me for no reason in the following days, she told me to stop training and shouted "it is dangerous" and how "reckless everyone is becoming" once she turns her attention to Rose, then the whole family would go mad. I was doing basic push-ups inside my room!”

“Heh... I know, she kept stalking me for a couple days too, but I have my throne to shake her off and she finally gave-up. My point is, it's dangerous to use these martial-spirits without protection, heh... that’s actually a very naughty line! maybe I should try it on Lin later.”

“My queen you’re doing it again.”

“Anyway... cheer-up a little my champion, even if you don't awaken your martial-spirit at all then you don’t need to worry, this queen will bestow upon you all kinds of powers and make you experience much better things if you want.”

Lily was leaning against the tail-feathers of the two phoenixes and enjoying letting her soul-sense cover the majority of the village while conversing with little-Lao. This training-grounds is located between their palace and the village strategically and that's why the girl would hang-out in here all the time whenever she’s free! cold weather is the "mating-season" for the people of this village and in-turn it became the most important event for the little-demon. Of course Lily made sure that her soul-sense wouldn’t affect or be sensed by anyone from the village while steering clear from Lin otherwise she might interrupt his focus when he’s training! but she gave her twin-brother a fleeting side-glance when she figured a new method to tease Lin and smiled devilishly before Lao notified her that she’s being distracted again! replying little-Lao with her comforting words the girl extended her hand to pinch her champion’s cheek. This girl is seeing this "spirit-throne" being nothing but a mean of transportation like some tool which couldn’t be used to protect herself or anyone. The "secret" which only herself know about can be used! but deep down Lily knew that such method will certainly have severely dangerous repercussions on herself and possibly on everyone else. That’s why the girl will only revert to that solution if there’s no other choice because her twin-brother’s view of herself which she finally succeeded in improving after years is guaranteed to receive a crippling-blow which might break their familial-bond. In Lily’s honest opinion soul-force is much more useful than spirit-energy and martial-spirits.

“Thanks big-sister Lily... I will give it my all anyway.”

“Good.”

“You're still the best... ever!”

Lao felt his nose itch with warmth and knew that he might cry that’s why he tried to smile which looked cute! the boy looked gratefully at his big-sister because he knew Lily was trying to raise his current feelings of low self-esteem. He took a couple steps closer to the phoenix-throne and gave the girl a mighty hug followed by a juicy kiss on the cheek in his excitement before going back to the palace. After living with such twins being his older siblings and always taking care of him ever since he was born some of their sharpness and superior-intelligence rubbed-off on him and little Lao is many years ahead of others his age both intellectually and in the maturity of the character! being the center of attention rarely happens to him whenever these two were around and nobody knew the feeling of how small you find yourself next to them any more than Lao. But thankfully such competition never existed in their family and the twins graciously allowed Lao to take his time under the limelight in the family and enough care and attention from the parents until little-Rose was born and after that he found his twin-siblings becoming a miniature example of a mother and father to him! Now that little-Lao began to doubt himself he found Lily -which is usually pretty good at making people feel bad after throwing a joke or two in their faces- doing the opposite for him and like a good big-sister she raised his morale instead. She deserved that juicy kiss alright.

“I'll consider that as a drizzle before it showers! shitty sage of soap-universe is still here and little-Lao already sees me as the best, tsk, tsk, tsk. Got to tune-down my irresistible-charisma a bit I guess, or that poor guy under the snow there will be forgotten already, having others forget about him even before he left would be just... sad. Kekeke... but what a waste of six months... sigh! these cute worshippers which are awaiting desperately for this goddess’s blessings just have to wait a bit more. I can't let loose now, got to wait for the annoying sage to leave the city first, before this goddess have fun gravitating everything to circle and orbit around her. Kakakaka... hu-”

Lily muttered softly while she watched Lin's body emitting steam in this cold weather. The girl knew that her brother is at the stage of learning how to efficiently vibrate the fibers of his muscles which is an extremely long and tedious process to learn! snickering inwardly at the uselessness of Lin’s actions (in Lily’s opinion) the girl laughed loudly after discovering another method which she can use to tease her brother later "because she too can use vibrators!" and lots and lots of those. Then Lily's laughter was suddenly choked in her throat when she saw the falling crystals of snow which were previously accumulating on top of Lin's shoulders and various other parts on his training attire melt very quickly and trickle to the ground around his feet and form a small puddle after the surrounding snow in a meter circle was gone! accomplishing that means that Lin's muscles were alternating between tightening and loosening extremely fast to generate extreme heat. Then Lily saw her twin-brother's face flush extremely in a red color which looked bad then bend-over to clutch his chest while the look of agony on Lin's face was something which could be considered a priceless-memory to Lily who always found herself taking joy when seeing Lin suffer! it’s a natural reaction which happens to her for no reason like it’s her nature despite how complex that would seem since to her this twin-brother is something which she couldn’t "live" without his existence in her life.

“Guh... ouch... this really hurts! the pumma-manual never said anything about this pain happening when I control my muscles. What's going on?”

Lin rolled on the floor left and right while pressing his chest with his arms for a short while then he said that faintly because he was painfully surprised by the stabbing pain which arrived all of a sudden out of nowhere and for no reason while leaving a trail of melted snow underneath his body wherever the boy rolled on the training-ground! strangely the vapor of steam which was covering Lin's body faintly when he trained kept thickening while he rolled until the boy’s body was covered in a cloud of vaporizing steam which looked like a cloak. Lily however had to use her soul-sense to see Lin's addictive sight when he’s in pain while licking her lips and sucking on them repeatedly like a pervert who’s extreme joy and pleasure! until something happened and the girl regretted ever using her soul-sense that time to gloat and take pleasure in seeing her twin-brother’s pain and agony because Lin's body started oozing a black and disgustingly-smelly "substance" from every pore on the skin of his body. Lily with her enhanced senses which were augmented by the spread soul-sense was no different from a dog or pig or any other creature with ultra-sensitive sense of smell which just experienced someone or something farting in its face and directly into the olfactory-nerves when that black-substance appeared on Lin's body! and just to make matters worse for the girl her brother’s skin kept excreting more which smelled even worse.

“Ewww... ptooey... Lin you're a disgusting thing! I’ll never forgive you.”

Lily shouted that and she hurried to withdraw her soul-sense while pinching her nose before flying away quickly on her phoenix-throne towards the palace. The girl planned on taking the longest and most thorough and detailed bath of her life! Lin on the other hand was sprayed flat on his back on the floor of the training-grounds while staring at the sky and trying to regulate his breathing. The boy felt relieved and relaxed when this disgusting black-mud exited his system and he knew that it could become an addictive feeling despite the nauseating smell which relentlessly attacked his nose and the oily feel this strange black-substance gave when it slides on his skin like some sort of slime-tentacles before sticking to his clothes. Yes these disturbing feelings couldn’t be ignored but the sense of relaxing and relief was still balancing the uncomfortable-ness in this situation which has a strange and weird sense of attraction and charm to it! Lin got up feeling much better after a short while and it was like as if his body lost much weight and became no more than a feather but his small muscles felt packed-up with amazing sense of power and just swinging and waving his fists and legs around before giving one of his extra fast combinations a try felt really great. Still the smell is very unbearable and Lin had to do something about it or he might really faint if he kept trying to train in this unpleasant environment! the boy quickly notified the cleaning-staff to be prepared before handling his spot with masks and be well supplied with cleaning-solutions before heading back home. There he found Lily using the bathroom and not the one in her room but the one in his room instead! snickering inwardly like a villain after taking off all his clothes and throwing them in the incinerator compartment. Lin didn't hesitate to cannonball the warm water of the tub which his sister is relaxing inside it.

“Yuck! don't touch me with your filthy hands you pig-smelling idiot. Fuck! now the smell is all over me again, after I worked so hard on removing it... look what you’ve done now. Want to play dirty? I can play dirty too... you nasty-fart smelly-sage. Get a taste of my ultimate move... ugh some of that awful water got in my mouth... ptooey, truce... this goddess is calling for a ceasefire moratorium.”

Lily was panicking and tried to escape outside the large tub once her brother made his sneak-attack but sadly for her the boy was serious about dragging his sister in the dirty-mud with him and he gave her one of his most intimate hugs ever and held-on tight to Lily’s waist from the back! then scene quickly deteriorated into something which is better not be described with words and that's why we'll be closing the curtains.

-----

The boy was very excited later when he found-out that his own physical strength has become even better than what it was back during his previous life when he was at the age of twenty-five years old! imagine how shocked Lin was after testing and confirming the capabilities of his newly improved body. He kept staring at his tanned-skin which seemed softer on the exterior yet it’s like a hundred-times more resilient than how his original skin was before. Then the boy later confirmed that what he felt about his skin is actually true when he sparred with the older kids! the punches and hits which used to sting or hurt badly after landing on Lin’s body especially when these different opponents of his grew stronger. Now felt like gentle touches or taps on Lin's face and body yet the same couldn't be said about his own punches or hits though! the boy had to spar with seven different kids in his first day of training after the incident with the black-substance in-order to get a feel of his current strength in action and learn how to efficiently control his physical-power.

Of course in the following days the records of the younger-generation witnessed another pout of fierce competition. It started just a couple months before when the second-wave of competition amongst the juniors of the younger-generation began to fiercely compete against one another and only when winter had arrived were they showing signs of settling down! Moon had given birth to another litter of tiger-cubs and the community was burning with excitement and worked with increasing enthusiasm to collect more contribution-points and that’s why the juniors were competing on the records since they had less methods to gather points for themselves. Yet after Lin started to surpass the records of older kids the burning-flame of competition which was just starting to fade from the chests of these exhausted juniors was instantly rekindled once again! and their spirit of competitiveness only added to Lin's fun because he enjoyed the following busy-days which he spent getting in the different rings and competing seriously this time against the older kids in many different sparring-matches of martial-arts. The boy kept seeking tougher and harder competition from older kids which were improving very quickly as well until Lin found himself one day with no other peer in this age group who could keep-up with him anymore. Looking higher on the ranking screen the boy saw familiar names like Shou and others who already passed the age of puberty or being called a teenager anymore and he smiled to himself and said : “Why not?” before going to the grown-ups side of the training-grounds to challenge that group of individuals who are at least a decade older than him since kids twelve years or younger couldn’t indulge him in the sparring-matches like they used to be before.

This group is in an entirely different league if they were compared to someone like Lin who’s packed with only the strength of himself at the age of twenty-five years old during his previous life and his current mastery of the puma-manual! and the first week was the hardest on the boy who dared to try and squeeze himself and train his body amongst this group of people who are older than him especially with the few who couldn't hold-back yet when sparring with Lin. Hopefully they'll learn to do just that soon otherwise the boy's skeleton wouldn't be able to handle this pressure for much longer. Surprisingly enough among the group Shou was very excited and very heavy-handed whenever he met Lin in the octagon-ring of free-style sparring-matches! the boy was sure that if "poking-eyes" and "hitting-nuts" were moves that are allowed to be used then this young-man with animalistic-style of movement wouldn't have hesitated to aim for these weaknesses. Lin was forced to always be on-guard whenever he sparred with Shou because the feints kept being aimed at these forbidden areas anyway and the pressuring aura of savageness and bloodlust which tried to make the boy lose focus or concentration during the bout would never stop growing thicker and heavier especially when he looked at the mad-look in the eyes of the wild young-man whenever they exchanged moves.

'When did I offend him? did I even do such a thing? No... I always gave him chips or his favorite bags of flavored dried-meat whenever he visited to watch me train my techniques of the puma-manual, it isn’t because of his sister who always likes to do her embroidery while spectating me too, he keeps looking at Lily with this fanatic-gaze but I always knew that she recruited him to be one of her minions. That might be it, since she's still holding some grudge against me since that incident when I barged into her bathing... she had it coming anyway, who told her to use my bathroom to clean that abominable smell? that black-substance was really obnoxious! I kept scrubbing at my skin while washing my body over and over with water for hours until I felt despair, it was like it will never go away.' Lin thought that while he tried to get used to Shou's attack-patterns which come from weird angles.

After his defeat which was inevitable to come sooner or later. The boy's conclusions about the young-man’s reasons were affirmed when Lin saw Shou run towards Lily like a dog seeking a treat from his master after winning his sparring-match with her brother! shaking his head Lin raised his aching body from the mat and retreated home to take a soak in the medicinal-fluid and just shrugged his shoulders helplessly when he felt himself fall under the gloating eyes of Shou who smugly seemed to celebrate his victory since he’s getting his hand patted personally by "queen Lily" while his beast-companion was lazing-around next to Lily's phoenix-throne and feeling bored because Shou didn't go on hunting journeys for a while now.

This time little-Lao would be allowed to join the second main-event of the tiger-hall and compete for an opportunity to be chosen by one of the five available tigers or snatch one for himself if his records were superior to others and has sufficient contribution-points! Moon delivered seven healthy cubs this time and according to the rules the female tiger-cubs will be held-in by the authority of the tiger-hall until there’s a suitable male tiger to copulate one of the three available female candidates. That way the tiger-hall will always be able to constantly offer more chances for the community to get their own beast-companion.

Lin's mother and father were constantly busy taking care of the village’s affairs and handling their matters most of the day and happily spending the rest of their free-time enjoying each other's company or with their family and especially focusing their attention on sweet Rose. Ever since Lao reached the age of four years old his character turned awfully serious and clearly he was trying to imitate his big-brothers attitude which made the boy and "champion" of this family the main source of teasing jokes from the parents.

Despite how peaceful and free the days were the pregnant mother still kept feeling this shadow of discomfort inside her chest which kept trying to gloomy her days and the feeling intensified whenever the woman neared the day of her fourth-delivery! her intuition kept warning her about an incoming grief or sorrow which made the woman’s emotions unsettled and her mood constantly nasty and foul for no reason in the last days of her pregnancy. Until she brought this family another baby-boy in the middle of spring’s second month.

-----

“Hubby... what will you name our baby-boy?”

Lin's mother enjoyed being personally fed by her eldest-son exactly like how she demanded before with grumpy-attitude then asked her husband after she deliver the latest member in this family which has grown in numbers from being just two members six years ago to the current numerical of seven less than six years later! this was something which she ordered Lin to do with a forceful-attitude which is unneeded because the boy would've done everything she requests without his mother having to yell at him for no reason! jeez.

“I’ll name him... Qin.”

On a single palm Lin's father raised his youngest boy high up and smiled proudly. After a short moment of thinking the man and "chief" of the village uttered a single word then nodded while itching the memory of Qin’s young and creasy-looking face in his brain.

“En... I like it, Qin it’s then, thanks little-Lin I had my fill, you can massage my legs now.”

Lin's mother agreed on the name her husband gave their youngest son with a nod before dismissing Lin from his current task like a butler being relieved from his duty carelessly before giving him another task! Lin noticed long ago that his mother has been treating him strangely and demandingly for a while now and attributed that to the mood-swings of her pregnancy. But from the looks of it this treatment seems like it’s possible that it will continue to happen even after his mother gave-birth to Qin. It actually isn’t like the boy is mad or anything because his mother is targeting him for whatever reason. It's just that his mind habitually liked to link every action with a certain reason! that's all.

“Little-Rose... come here girl, look and see who this is! say hi... it's your baby-brother, his name is Qin. Isn’t he adorable?”

Calling her cute daughter Rose who curiously watched from a distance while hiding behind her big-brother Lao to come and take a look at her small little-brother.

“He’s so small.”

“Yes he’s...”

“baby Qin... Rose is bigger.”

“Yes you’re sweet Rose... do you like little-Qin?”

“I do... he keeps kicking his feet in the air, me too daddy... up.”

Giggling after her father complied with her demand and raised her up on his other palm. Rose extended her fingers to tickle her baby-brother's small feet and watched him kick at air.

“Daddy, mommy don’t you worry... Rose will always take care of little Qin. Those who dare bully him... humph, humph.”

Rose proudly said while posing like a heroine from her seat on her daddy’s palm which caused all the family to smile.

-----

At Lao's birthday party which happens a month after Qin's birthday it was Lily who dropped a bomb in her mother's head when she said a single phrase.

“Lin is going to leave after our birthday party. Mom! are you alright? don’t be sad, I'm still here and daddy is too, Lao and Rose and Qin you know, we will never leave you alone mom.”

With a sly smirk on her face after she hugged the neck of their mother Lily was happy because she’s laying the ground-work in preparation for the time Lin finally gets the hell out of the picture! then she can be the true corner-stone and the only pillar of this family and village... kekeke.

Finally the woman knew what's the reason that was causing her irritation the past few months! her intuition was right all that time. That's why she was always annoyed with Lin for no reason. The mother always blamed herself because she thought that Lin's lack of complaining whenever she treated the boy badly is because he's always been a good and obedient boy unlike this little devil which is currently snuggling in her arms! her eldest son apparently was enduring her bad treatment because he’s planning on leaving soon. In two weeks to be exact! but where's he going? and how long will he be away this time? so many questions were left unanswered in her head and she had to get answers.

“Is he going north? he wouldn’t be planning to fight these horrible monsters, is he?” Lin's mother pushed Lily at arm's length then asked with a worried expression on her face.

“Bffft... hahaha... who? Lin! it would be a miracle if it’s anything even close, that one really tickled my sweet spot.”

“Are you pranking your mommy? if you’re being naughty-”

“No! mom, I’m not pranking you... I swear.”

“Then where is he going and for how long?”

“South towards the sea... I don’t know for how long, and I don’t think he know that either.”

“Why?”

“He wants to explore the world, as if having a pair of wings isn't enough freedom for him.”

“I’m not going to agree... this seems extremely dangerous, more dangerous than taking a team of men to fight a big mammoth.”

“Actually it does, still I don't think you need to worry about a thing, he's a big boy now, and these records there speak volumes about his current strength. I heard that he beat-up my little-puppy Shou pretty badly yesterday in a wrestling-match, I haven’t watched the recording video yet, want to watch the fight together? I know for a fact that your son got moves alright.”

“Play it then... but I’m still worried.”

“That’s normal you know.”

“Is it?”

“It is... to be worried and concerned, to pray for their safe return, while watching-over our family and take care of its needs, to keep on going and do our job and duty while enduring that feeling of having butterflies in one’s stomach. That is what makes us actually stronger than men, they can take care of things one by one really good actually, but we... women. We can do the same and... we can take care of many things in the same time.”

“Dam right we do... whoa! Lin has him on a hold now...”

Lily bursted out laughing before calming her anxious mother when the girl felt threatened by her mother’s warning then they both continued their conversation while watching the fight where Lin with his small frame countered each move of the much faster Shou! Lily was sure that her brother didn't cheat even once or use the ability of soul-sense during the fight. One of the traits about this "whatever-sage’s" character which this girl can admit is a hundred-percent true is that he hates cheating the most. Not to mention that this "disgusting-sage" went through another one of his foul-smelling incidents a couple weeks ago! again. Lily gritted her teeth when she remembered how Lin intentionally sneak-attacked her when the girl was in the middle of spying and enjoying using her soul-sense to watch her pregnant mother and strong father tumbling in bed. She had to scrub her skin for hours to wash the smell off of her body. What made it frustrating for Lily was how her brother would miraculously emerge stronger afterwards whenever Lin experienced such obnoxious-phenomenon! now the boy who’s almost six years is able to lift triple his weight above his head using a single arm. His records of physical-capabilities are occupying the first place amongst the records of the younger-generation. Lin, Lin, Lin... and the name is everywhere until Lily felt like puking whenever she saw the word. Still the girl has her secret weapon in hiding to end this legend of her twin-brother soon and that is little-Lao! Lily has been training him personally to do her bids for her and her "champion" will do his best and hopefully obliterate these records in the future... yup. That's the plan... to remove Lin's great image from the heads of these ignorant people then replace it with hers instead! so satisfying. Still this twin-brother of hers is a monster-kid since he can already raise more than seventy-five kilograms worth of weight with one arm at that early age. The girl wanted that power too but the thought of having to ooze such disgusting black-substance from her body made Lily work on researching an alternative method instead. Yes it will take time until these minions of hers are in a suitable mentality which is capable of starting such delicate projects but she's still young and can afford the wait. If Lin knew that Lily is planning on creating a genesis-reactor in the future then he might decide to stay instead to make sure she wouldn't attempt any human-trials on these villagers.

Later that day Lin was subjected to an interrogation from his parents yet he talked his way out of it and passed the danger of them refusing or denying him his demand for a "leave of absence" after giving his mother and father a thorough interpretation of the goals the boy is hoping to accomplish or achieve from this sudden journey and how long his journey might take! during the last two weeks before his sixth birthday Lin didn't train or meditate at all and the boy spent the days with his mom and dad doing many tasks and joined their heated discussions about everything. He cooked food with his mother which is something which he didn’t do in a long time. He took little-Rose on slow and cautious flights and enjoyed her giggles whenever he surprised her with a candy that tasted different. He made his mother experience flying in the sky for the first time since this smart woman refused to let herself be under the mercy of her weird daughter especially after how many times she and her sister Bai extorted this little-devil before! Lin allowed his mother to experience the joy of free-falling too which his mother spent mostly screaming aloud while saying many things to release some of her bent-up frustrations until she landed safely with the help of her son's strong arms which secured her waist.

“That was... phew, mommy feels a lot better, thanks to you sweet Lin.”

“I bet that felt good, right?”

“Indeed. That felt like a huge load off of my chest, make sure to keep what I said up there a secret... mmkay!”

“Okay.”

“Forever.”

“Forever... was it true though? that... first thing you mentioned.”

“It’s... but it looks like he’s gone now, things were... "different" back then.”

“I understand.”

Lin's mom pulled her wrinkled clothes elegantly to straighten them after landing then said to Lin with a smile while she winked however the last word she said when she replied his inquiry was a clear warning with a straight face! when Lin saw that expression on his mom's face he wasn't feeling it weird for Lily to be that kind of scary entity because the similarities between the two were plain and obvious and his mom felt even more scary when she threw her threatening word after he gave his consent. Gathering his courage the boy asked with apparent-hesitation about some instant which happened previously today yet it contained a piece of a very sensitive information and his mother avoided direct eye-contact with her son when she answered. Sighing inwardly while outwardly he appeared to be shrugging his shoulders like he didn’t care Lin didn't let this conversation continue any further and just buried that information since it shouldn’t be publicized! and the boy started to waste what remained of his time having fun with his family instead. The family were juggling one fun event after another every day except for Lily and Lao who was dragged against his will by his "queen" to do their own things instead of wasting time on this big-brother who's going to leave anyway.

-----

Finally it was Lin and Lily's sixth birthday party.

The mood in the village was between delirious with joy or sad to tears when people said their goodbyes to young Lin the boy who’s mainly responsible for saving many of them from a life full of danger and insecurities.

Shou from the older generation and most of the competitive youth from the younger-generation were trying their best not to grin widely when they saw Lin receive one bear-hug after another bear-hug from the overly "sentimental" grown-ups because finally this monstrous nightmare will disperse from being around this place for a while! the idea of having your best achievements or all of them compared to Lin's own by others is quite an exhausting  experience which always strained the mental-fortitude of these group.

“Travel safe... let us spar again when you return.”

“Sure thing, you better not disappoint me then because I’ll be looking forward to it.”

“Out of the way Yan... see you later Lin I... we will miss you.”

“Oh... thanks Sou, take care of Yan for me and don’t let him do anything reckless while I’m gone.”

Yan was trying his best to stay strong and get it together when he said goodbye to Lin but the expression of worry was all over his face and the kid seemed to hesitate about saying something for an instant before he decided to refrain from speaking anymore! standing next to him is the girl called Sou which is his best-friend since they two followed Boss’s group. Sou blushed slightly in the beginning before gathering-up her courage and giving Lin an emotional hug and a kiss to the cheek after shoulder-slamming Yan away! then the young girl who felt like her heart is almost tearing-out her ribcage after doing that to Lin just ran towards her role model which is Lily to confess to the queen what she just dared do to her brother. Such action from Sou angered another one of the devoted fans who adore Lin in secret for a long while now unlike Sou who came-clean and already told Lily everything long ago and kept the queen updated on all her secret-fantasies! Meiwen which is Shou's little-sister and a spectator of Lin whenever he trained or sparred in the training grounds while her hands swiftly and dexterously did various styles and shapes of embroidery. Meiwen just felt frustration and became terribly enraged when she saw what little-Sou just did and her body jumped in front of Lin to block his path in pure reflex which wasn’t according to her unsocial character at all.

“Hello... Meiwen! is there anything you want my help with before I leave?”

Lin thought the girl wanted to say her goodbyes too but found Meiwen just standing there like a statue after blocking his way while shock and confusion were mixed with hesitation on her expression! the boy asked while squinting slightly because the body-language of Meiwen has similarities to rapists if they’re eyeing their target up close.

“Eek! um... f... forget it... I mean... have a safe journey and be careful, out there, there’s scary monsters everywhere, never lower your guard for a second, g...goodbye.”

Meiwen was startled awake from her daydream by Lin's words! after panicking and stuttering in the beginning the girl found herself warning him of the dangers lurking outside this safe environment while nothing of the things she wanted to say was said and Meiwen felt even more discouraged when -during her moment of abashedness- her eyes fell and looked-down at her own flat and undeveloped-chest.

'Just how am I going to convince him to stay with me? Later when he comes back for sure, maybe I should join Lily's new class! I heard she can make them grow bigger much faster with her special massaging technique' Meiwen thought while she hugged Lin for the first time and was really feeling unwilling to let him go before sighing inwardly and kissing his cheek then letting go.

“I’ll remember your advice, you take care of yourself then.”

“My family is what I’m entrusting you with while I’m gone, treat them kindly and help them... please.”

“Heh... maybe it’s us who needs their care.”

“Honey! last time you wanted my sister’s care you was left in a coma for three months, want me to deliver that message to the chief? I believe he would love to take "care" of you again.”

“Err... that’s not what I meant you see... I wa-”

“Humph... I knew that nothing good will come out of hanging-out all day with this skinny-pervert.”

“Don’t tell me Boss! you became addicted to sniffing Lin’s cloth, after smelling them once you just can’t quit, you need therap-”

“Fuck you old Ba! you’re the one who took them off of him in the first place, scum like you aren’t allowed to blame this weird shit on me.”

“I believe you two are really messed-up in the head, Lin... want me to whack them a few rounds for you?”

“Heh... I can keep scaring the shit out of them in the next journey for you young-leader, just say the word and none of these two idiots will be getting sleep after we leave the village.”

“Hold your horses Bald-Staff and you too Ghost, it’s just their way of saying that they will miss me.”

“It better be... or they’ll start fighting for fun and Lily will scold me later for not being strict enough with them.”

“Snort... good luck with that Chen, these four are just not the type to listen to orders from anyone, unless you beat them up that is!”

“Little-Yue it’s been hard on you and your husband, especially with all these tasks and responsibilities on top of taking care of all these kids.”

“Sigh... only people like you would understand our hardships lady Bai.”

“Just report them all to my sister and she’ll handle these four for you.”

“Nah... some habits just don’t change... sigh.”

“Well... I’m off then, see you later everyone.”

Shou's little sister Meiwen felt like her young and very passionate heart walked away and left her with Lin when he left her embrace! sighing over and over she watched him say his final good-byes to Boss, old Ba, Bald-Staff, Ghost, Chen, and Yue before spreading his wings to return home to pack his stuff.

-----

Lin sat alone on-top of the highest dome on the palace and spent his time just looking south silently until it was dusk when his family finally returned from the celebration of the birthday party but they weren't that joyful like they should and their moods seemed to be varying between sadness and worry while little-Rose was hyperactive from all the sweets she ate this heavy-mood still affected her and she held-on tightly to Lao’s hand.

“When do you plan on leaving?”

Lin's mother was sniffling and couldn’t stop her tears from falling in silence while offering Qin her breast to feed and tried to distract herself in attending to her baby-boy but the woman’s ears twitched slightly when she heard her husband ask that question and listened carefully while cradling Qin closely to keep him quiet so that she wouldn’t miss hearing this answer.

“I just have one last thing to do before I leave and once it's over I'll leave at once, after all... seeing mom being that sad and overwhelmed with emotion is heart-breaking.”

“Since you already know that she doesn’t want you to leave, then don’t go.”

“You know I have to go, you of all people should know that Lily, but I’ll let you earn that credit anyway.”

“Tsk... why don't you go on then? quickly spit it out, whatever that is which is so... important! before you scram.”

Once Lin answered his father with an apologetic expression on his face the boy was met with Lily's tongue which is sharp like a razor-blade and merciless words which are no different from the executioner’s axe! The girl might appear to be defending her mom and trying to discourage her brother from leaving but in fact she’s only using this chance to make fun of Lin by openly speaking with him in a commanding tune while also trying to gain extra more favorability from her mother. That way when her brother leaves the family the girl will be remembered in being the only person other than the parents who can make Lin not dare to talk back to her! because if he did argue with her in that incident then the boy will only appear like someone vain who doesn’t care about their mother’s feelings which will tarnish Lin’s clean-image and loveable-character while diminishing his unblemished-reputation with the parents greatly.

“Ka...”

“Eh!...”

“Eek!...”

“Hrmmm...”

“No need to apologize... just be on your way.”

With a clear sound Lin's family watched him kneel-down firmly on the ground with a serious expression on his face after ignoring Lily's last venomous-remark while his mother, father, Lao, and Rose were puzzled by this unexpected situation.

“Mom... dad... I don't know the reason why you wouldn't choose names for yourselves after such a long time and I believe that I’ve always respected your decisions.” Lin spoke calmly and saw hesitation and struggle in the faces of his parents while confusion appeared in their eyes seemingly searching for the reason their eldest son brought this matter up right now! then he continued speaking : “But my next journey outside will take a long time, maybe when I return there will be another brother or sister waiting for me, I might encounter people who ask me my name, and I don’t want my answer to be Just Lin! I would like to raise my head with dignity and "pride" when I answer them. I want to say I’m Lin... son of Tai... the mighty. I want to say I’m Lin... son of Tian... the beauty. Father... mother... will you allow me this honor?”

Lin asked while looking at the faces of his parents to see if they'll show any signs of being uncomfortable because he wasn't sure about the reason why they're still nameless since these two will always try and dodge the question or ignore him and act like they heard nothing when he asked them before! but his time is apparently different because the boy saw his father smile widely then began to laugh after hearing what Lin just said while his sniffling-mother who seemed surprised earlier by the topic which was brought-up suddenly and her tears fell faster on her cheeks. Now the woman was experiencing a mix of both joy and sorrow because she and her husband agreed long ago to let their names be decided by their eldest son but on one condition! nothing is to be said or hinted about their secret-agreement at all to anyone since it has to come from the boy and not from themselves or else it will lose its meaning. Sometimes these two would feel slight jealousy from their eldest daughter because Lin was the one who named her! the boy who took them from the very bottom and gave them everything has to be the one to do it. The same boy who forced peace and prosperity to reign on this piece of land they call home after he arrived in this world has to be the one giving them names. Yes the parents knew that Lily is no less amazing than Lin! but she seemed to care more about useless things all the time. Sacrificing his precious time and dedicating his effort to help others is something only Lin would do while Lily has to find the right incentive to do the same thing otherwise she wouldn’t move a finger even if the whole world burned to cinders! Lily clicked her tongue and pouted her lips when she saw how her parents reacted to her brother’s words because finally she knew just why these two kept being nameless for so long. Obviously they were waiting for Lin to name them himself and not to politely suggest some different names for them or ask them if they found a name they liked from the lists he gave yet! they didn't care at all about what name Lin might give them because they were going to accept any name as long as it was Lin who choose it. Tian and Tai the parents felt whole after they were asked to keep these names which would honor their son when he meet strangers and announce himself. To carry their names proudly and say them with a raised head while showing an expression full of dignity on his face huh! this felt great when they imagined it happening to Lin. Even if they're only imagining their son meeting strangers right now Tai and Tian couldn’t help it and held hands tightly while looking each other in the eye with a grin on their faces. Because their long wait actually felt like it was worth it and this moment of overwhelming feelings just repaid it all with double the happiness. Their hidden-worries, past-frustrations, secret-indignations or any negative thoughts which lurked in their minds somewhere were just wiped-clean from their systems after Lin named them.

'My eldest son is the greatest gift I received in this life.' Tai and Tian thought such while they raised their boy from his kneeling position to hug him together.

Especially Tian who ignored the cries of Qin who felt displeasure when his meal was interrupted after the woman handed the baby-boy to Lily and Tian hugged Lin like she’s never going to see him again in her life! but when Tian was about to say it she felt Tai’s hand holding hers tightly and her husband shook his head gesturing for his wife to stop whatever she’s going to do or say when he noticed the glint in her eyes. Because the husband and wife who lived together ever since they were born has a way of knowing what the other is going to do or how he feels! the chemistry between them is very high and somehow this Tai knew and felt like his wife Tian was just about to do or say something to discourage Lin from taking that journey. Being someone who had to search for food with Tian ever since they were younger than Lao! Tai would never tell Lin to never do such a thing which will help toughen-up the mentality of his oldest son. Not to mention that this version of Lin would wipe the ground of an entire freaking planet with the version of Tai which is of the same age like Lin if these two versions actually fought! while not taking into consideration that Lin has the option to flee whenever he wanted with his pair of wings. The safety of Lin is never a worry for Tai and he fully agreed with his son’s decision despite the high possibility of his wife holding a grudge against him later which might extend for quite a while considering how much she adored the boy. Still the man knows some secret weapons that can solve that problem if and when it happens.

After his father took his mother in his embrace and helped the boy be released from the tight hold of Tian who didn’t seem like she’ll let Lin go. The boy turned his attention to this walking-miracle Lily and the girl shivered inwardly under that gaze and felt like her body turned into lead instead of flesh and blood while her breathing slowed! she really hated that gentle look in her brother’s eyes because it always made her feel vulnerable to this dummy whenever he used it against her. Lily couldn't avoid Lin's big-hug despite how slowly he approached her and no matter how hard the girl tried to move her body away she found herself moving forward to meet him half-way instead! finally Lily tried to convince herself that she surrendered willingly because the girl couldn’t outrun her brother if she wanted anyway.

“Our family is all that matters, you know that right?”

“En...”

“Then you know that the only reason I can leave now while feeling at peace with it is because you're here to hold the fort in my place.”

“Uh-huh...”

“Lily... you're the one who told me to enjoy life before so don't make me regret it when I come back.”

Lin rested his forehead on his sister’s and spoke while maintaining eye-contact and was trying to peek at the deepest place of the girl’s soul! the parents were surprised by Lily’s tame behavior when she nodded obediently and listened carefully to every word her brother said.

“Just... make sure you come back soon, after knowing your way around the world of course! because this queen wants to personally take a look for herself too.”

“Then it’s a promise... goddess.”

Lily muttered softly while enjoying her brother's hug and despite how careless the girl’s words may seem her little-brother Lao and her mother Tian and her father Tai and her little-sister Rose they all saw how much she was loving this moment! the boy whispered these last few words in his sister’s ear before letting go of her and turning to walk towards little-Lao.

“Lao... while I'm away little-Rose and little-Qin, are and will surely to look-up at you as their heroic big-brother, treat them kindly and take care of mom and dad, obey them no matter what because that’s the rule of the big-brother, and you're in charge now as the big-brother of this house! do you think you're up for it?”

“big-brother... I won’t disappoint you.”

Lin rubbed his little brother Lao’s head while he spoke then patted his shoulder to calm him when he noticed how emotional he was and the boy ended-up getting hugged very tightly by his younger brother who couldn't withhold himself from crying while nodding his head repeatedly.

'Damnit... just how strong can he get? it feels like my bones will be crushed, and my ribs will change places in my ribcage, if I let Lao keep on being this emotional! This can’t go on any longer.' Lin thought while he tried to make little-Lao calm-down by patting his back and struggling to free himself from the lock of his little brother’s vice-like grip.

“Huff... alright champion, uh... keep-up the good work! erm... how much do you lift these days? it’s one hell of a grip you got there... hehe.”

“Bffft... little-Lao stop! you're hugging him too much, that you’re starting to hurt Lin, he’s just embarrassed to say it.”

“Hrmm... s... sorry big-brother! I got carried-away.”

Lao wiped his tears in his sleeve and scratched the back of his head while feeling awkward when he heard the gentle reminder of his mother.

Lin massaged his ribs which suffered almost the full-strength of his younger-brother’s arms first-hand and smiled ruefully inside because after working hard almost all the time his little-brother Lao apparently surpassed him in physical-prowess! the boy just gave his sister a fleeting side-glance because there must be a reason behind his little-brother’s current strength which somehow remained a secret to him until now. Lin instantly became certain of his assumption when Lily avoided his gaze and smirked faintly. But he didn’t ask and squatted-down in front of his youngest-sister Rose and pinched her cheek while asking : “Little-Rose will you... miss me?”

“En... but I don’t want you to go away big-brother Lin.”

“Why?”

“Candy!... I mean... because you make me fly... and I love you big-brother Lin, tehehe...”

Lin was burned with flames of innocence when he heard the reasons from little-Rose and how his little-sister smiled cutely until her dimples appeared on her face when she tried to cover her feelings of shyness in her big-brother’s hug! the current sad-mood which made the air feel heavy was greatly dispersed when the family laughed at the antiques of little-Rose.

“See! it isn't too bad if I leave... right Rosy?”

“I don’t know big-brother Lin... who will give me candy? and take me in a rides of flying when you’re not here?”

“Lily will... you big-sister can take care of providing your rations of candy when I'm away, but if I return and find you without teeth, then someone is going to get in trouble, no flying until mommy say you were obedient and clever. Alright?”

“alright! Rosy is always clever and obedient anyway... hehe.”

“Good girl! now give me a goodbye kiss, kyaah... I'll miss that one, now a goodbye hug, kyaah... I’ll miss that one even more.”

Lin raised his young sister and playfully threatened Lily not to be lenient and bend any rules because he wanted Rose and Qin to grow up correctly both in body and character.

“Your rooms has my gifts... do take care of your health when I’m not here, mom and dad... your son Lin will take his leave now.”

The boy handed his little-sister Rose to Lao and gave his parents a final bow before waving goodbye to his family. Lin summoned his light-wings and jumped-down from the edge and glided directly towards Sun since moments of separation were always things which the boy hated to prolong! there at the main-gates on the foot of this short-mountain was his beast-companion who waited for a few hours and Sun was surrounded by his family of grown tigers and cubs with his partner Moon. Next to the streak of tigers is a big box which is containing the travelling necessities and some provisions. While the box itself could be used in many ways and be converted into a temporary-shelter if needed! it could be converted into a kitchen too. Or if really need came be then this box could be converted into a shuttle which could be dragged on earth or into a boat for the boy and his beast-companion to ride.

Sun was lowering his head under the glare of his tigress and had this posture which the boy translated that this male-tiger couldn't wait to get out and away from his female-partner! especially since the tiger wasn't supposed to tag along with Lin in the beginning but Sun insisted to join the boy. Because life around the village is tense lately. Dangerous if he went up towards the north. Boring if the tiger went down towards the south. North is filled with scary creatures who bullied him very easily and Sun was toyed-with by these guys just like little-cub would be if they confronted or challenged Sun seriously! south has weak animals whom the tiger wouldn't even care or bother to bully because it will only feel shameful to him if he played with them but he wouldn’t hesitate to hunt them if Sun felt hungry. But mainly the reason Sun really wanted to leave is because Moon! the tigress started to become moody and growled at her partner a lot which made his stay in the village unbearable anymore. Sun didn’t even know what Moon wants these days because last week she kept rubbing him and asked for his "love" and Sun ended-up with hollow and shaky-knees and weak and unstable-legs afterwards. Right now the alpha-tiger in the community still feels like his steps are unsteady when he walked! but here she’s growling at him whenever he played with his family and Moon seems to be furiously-mad at Sun who raised the white-flag long ago. Yet she doesn’t seem to accept her partner’s surrender! once Lin arrived Sun hurried to raise and carry the box on his back and quickly run south after rubbing heads with his kids or licking them a few times. The tiger wanted to give his goodbye to Moon before he left but the tigress bared her teeth at Sun intimidatingly! Lin snickered when he saw this sight and glided after his buddy then landed on his back with a smile on his face. He never looked back not even once while Sun ran further and further away from the palace into the dark territory south. The boy patted Sun's neck to stop so that they’ll make camp in that spot after they rode south for six hours straight.

“From now on it's going to be only me and you buddy.”

“Purr...”

“Oh I know you like it already... heh, just don't start whining when we run-short on food later, because you're eating as if, I'll just open the storage-room or the fridge, and just bring you another serving anytime you want!”

“Growl...”

“Of course I won’t take your food buddy! I’m just saying that you should eat less, or go hunt something to fill your belly if you’re not satisfied.”

“Howl...”

“First... lower your voice, second how is it exactly my fault here, I just gave you a meal didn’t I? third point I want to clarify here is... how is it even possible for you to become hungry that quickly after we just left the village not so long ago?”

Lin raised an eyebrow and frowned when he saw Sun eat half their stock of food in a single meal! then he sighed inwardly and warned his friend of the incoming problem of food-shortage before he asked the last question with curiosity. Because he suspected that Moon was snatching the meals of his beast-companion! Sun was electrocuted by the vital-question from his buddy and tried using his developing brain-cells to find an excuse or a way to dodge that topic because the past week was spent mainly spent pleasing Moon while having the "lion's" share of his food snatched by her in exchange for her sexual-services. Which is an act of utter greediness from his partner by the way! now that he’s free to eat as much as he liked without finding Moon growling in his face. Sun just couldn't hold-back his accumulated hunger anymore and now he found his secret found-out by Lin instead.

“Growl...”

“Nothing my ass... nobody knows you better than me in this world, buddy... you’re a little liar and we both know it. Just admit that you’re ashamed to reveal the reason.”

“Growl...”

“Oh! I think that it was your partner... heh, it was Moon’s doing alright.”

“Snort...”

“Grumble all you want and deny it all the same buddy, because I just saw the majestic-Sun, the formidable tiger of my community... shaking in his paws after Moon gave you a piece of her mind a few hours ago.”

“Growl...”

“Right back at you buddy... now you’ll take the first shift because your attitude was bad.”

Lin reclined on his back to rest after exposing Sun's secrets and he wasn't physically exhausted or anything after their short ride here but he felt that it would be right and much better if they crossed the rest of their way south during daylight instead. The boy can use his wings to escape if they encountered danger but his beast-companion might be in danger if they got attacked by anything like the large bird who attacked their village twice before the villagers cooked it when it dared to try them for the third time! such large-sized animals could sweep in and out in the blink of an eye. Even with Lin's current and improved soul-sense which reached the range of two kilometers wide they might get sneak-attacked anytime and that's the reason the boy ended-up feeling mentally-spent and tired too soon because he's been leaving his soul-sense activated at maximum-range ever since they left the palace. That’s why Lin wouldn't let Sun run faster than the safe-speed which could let the boy notify his beast-companion to change course or evade in-case any surprise-attack happened while they’re on the move. Despite Sun's constant nagging and insistence about the safety of this area because the tiger already had her fun playing many times in these territories before! Lin still wouldn't budge on his decision of safe-approaching their way in this journey and refused to change his method. At this slow but safe pace which they were going the boy focused daily on being on the alert during daylight then following his training-menu -which he halted to spend time with his family a while ago- at night be that training his physique on the pumma-manual or meditating recover the soul-force he spent during the daylight being the look-out! if Lin’s surveillance-system which is his activated soul-sense spotted a prey nearby the boy will let his beast-companion go hunt it whenever their food-supply ran short. The majority of the meat would end-up in the belly of gluttonous-Sun while the rest will be saved in the box. But after one week of travelling south together with the tiger Lin started to frown whenever he heard the rumbling-sound of Sun’s stomach whenever it protested loudly to announce his current hunger.

“Buddy... how come you're hungry again?”

“Growl...”

When Lin asked he saw Sun giving him a reply which could be easily translated as : “The fuck would I know buddy! I just am.” especially with the expression which was on the tiger’s face when he twisted his thick neck to look back at the boy.

“You just ate this morning! a boar got consumed by you... whole! save for a few slices which I managed to snatch from your jaws, yet you're still hungry. Are you kidding me right now? honestly if I knew such a thing would happen, then... I wouldn't have took you along with me. Just go... there's some buffalo-looking beasts in the east, go eat your fill... and don't bother bringing anything back, but I don’t want you to return then suddenly become hungry again a couple of hours later! your kind is supposed to eat once per week, and should be able to go on without eating for a month, yet you’re feasting twice on large-sized prey in a single day! what is your species exactly? Even if you had worms, the size of my arm in your belly, helping you digest all that meat, it still shouldn’t be that fast. But my soul-sense is showing nothing but digestive-fluids in your stomach... sigh.”

“Purr...”

“No! the supply-box is filled with uncooked-meat already, and I won't cook you anything you bring back.”

“Growl... purr...”

“Because you're messing-up my schedule buddy, puppy-eyes won't work this time I’m sorry, but you're still eating raw meat whenever you delay our journey.”

Lin felt like pulling at his hair from frustration when he heard the sound again from Sun’s stomach and got down from tiger's back and pointed-out the direction for his beast-companion yet he didn't budge under the cute expression and posture the tiger was giving him and the boy refused to give him any promises about cooked-meals because Sun deserves punishment not treats.

“Howl... snort...”

“That’s your problem, now go vent it on your prey and hurry back, alright!”

Seeing the tiger stick-out his tongue in his face before he left made the boy not know whether he should laugh or glare at this friend of his who’s acting like a child throwing a tantrum! after shouting his last command the boy sat down and began to think about this strange condition which his beast-companion is experiencing.

“I didn’t have much time to spend with him, for months it continued that way since the mammoth incident, and he’s turned into such a glutton already! is he sick? no... my soul-sense didn't pick-up anything wrong with him earlier, he's just digesting all that food extremely fast, but where does all this energy go? his physique and size didn't change a single bit in a while now... sigh.”

Ending-up without any reasonable explanation for the strangeness of this situation with Sun. Lin began to actually feel like what Moon must’ve did before when she prevented this tiger from eating all the food he liked whenever he liked before was the right choice! snickering at the idea of forcing Sun on a strict diet the boy imagined looking at the tiger who’s grumbling endlessly in a cute way to ask for food. Shaking his head once to remove this amusing yet very distracting thought from his system. Lin used his wings to go and take a careful look around the surrounding area.

The boy began by heading west in the opposite direction from the tiger who went hunting and Lin found nothing interesting there other than a few hills and barren-lands. Then he changed his course and went south from his location in the area west while marking the supply-box as his central-point. The boy knew that his tiger would usually take an hour or possibly more to eat whatever he hunts and decided to use that time to do some solo-scouting instead! heading directly south Lin found some interesting plants and animals but he wasn't in the mood to study their behavior or collect samples of everything right now and was satisfied after scanning their constitutions with his soul-sense. But he did take samples of the plants which he found no information indicating their usage and couldn’t find any relatives to them in his memory to study them later. Then the boy continued to move south-east instead of directly south after he discovered that the barren-lands were everywhere he went south from that spot which had the foreign plants and animals. Keeping his cautious scouting while keeping an eye on the sky and surface of the land plus what moves in the hundred-meters below that surface Lin moved further and further away from the location of the supply-box until he discovered a vulture-committee. One tree which is three-hundred meters high seemed to be the nest of these vultures and the area around that tree is apparently their territory because white bones of many different kinds of animals decorated the ground there and formed a very wide circle around that nest! once Lin saw the vulture-committee with his soul-sense he quickly descended into a very low altitude which is lower than he already was flying to prevent these vultures from spotting him.

Perched on the nest this vulture-committee there appears to be three types of vultures and each type has different colors and sizes. The most common type made-up the majority of the vultures in this nest.

The brownish-colored vultures has a very noticeable characteristic in which they were bald on the head and the same could be said about the area on upper-neck and each of them has the wingspan of less than ten meters on average. While their weapons are the three sharp-looking black-talons which come in the style of a hook at the end of their two thick and strong scaly-feet plus the long sword-like yellow-beaks on their bald-heads which seem strong enough to puncture steel with a single peck! these brown-vultures took the lowest part of the branches on this enormous-sized tree and made it their nest. The boy witnessed with his soul-sense how some of these brown-vultures were attacked by others from the committee once they tried to perch on the higher places of the tree and got chased away swiftly. Then those beaten brown-vultures seemed to be sad and discontent because they kept cawing and screeching after they took another place lower on the tree to perch.

The second type of vultures in the committee are higher-ranked than the brown-vultures because they were a size larger and their wingspan is at least fifteen meters on average. The most noticeable difference is the feathers on the wings which has turned from the normal brown color and gained the dark shade which made these feathers half-black and half-brown plus the white feathers which began to cover the area on the upper-neck and the head. The beaks on these brownish-black vultures who has a head covered in white-feathers turned black instead of the normal yellow color on the lower-rank vultures of the brown-color and the size of these beaks is much longer and thicker. Their three-talons which were longer, darker, sharper, and thicker seemed a lot more dangerous and tougher while their rough and sturdy-looking legs has apparently began to accumulate layers of greenish-scales and were at least three times thicker than the legs of the normal brown-vultures! these white-headed vultures occupied the higher branches of the tree and their numbers were less than a hundred. But Lin knew that if these less than a hundred white-headed vultures targeted Sun then his tiger is going to end-up full of holes for sure before he manages to escape and in that scenario the boy’s beast-companion would be lucky! while if not then he's sure to end-up eaten by these white-headed vultures from this committee.

The last type of these vultures could be found on the highest fifty meters and the crown of this tree. That area is completely empty of brown and white-headed vultures but one vulture could be seen perched on the highest-point of the tree-top and it looked at this territory with extremely penetrative-gaze from its sharp-eyes. It was just after Lin took cover when he discovered the vulture-committee that this dark and pitch-black vulture kept looking in the direction where Lin hid himself and seemed like it knew somehow that something was there! like a king among these vultures this large-creature made a loud and screeching voice before flying into the sky and the whole committee followed after it while making great cacophony of noise and took to the sky after their strong leader.

Lin quickly changed location while ensuring that his trajectory of flight wouldn’t fall within eye-sight of these vultures then hurried to hide behind a rock which had a suitable spot of hiding behind it then entered the crack which made seeing him impossible even if that kettle of vultures searched the area from low altitudes. The boy was confident of eluding these vultures if he wanted but he didn’t want to exhaust his martial-spirit because it had a defect of being easily exhausted if he prolonged its usage. He already used them to move from the location of the supply-box all the way here and was confident they can carry him all the way back. But what if this kettle of vultures has a way to track him? that’s why he choose to hide instead of fleeing while exposing his presence to these vultures. Still Lin kept his soul-sense locked-on the scariest of these vultures and felt threatened by the king's bloodshot eyes which sweeped the area with their penetrative gaze. Its blood-red beak has sharp edges which looked like a row of fangs! and its talons were like the scythes of a death-reaper and both sets of weapons on the feet or on the head were sharp, long, thick, sturdy, threatening, and extremely dangerous. After the kettle of vultures took flight they combed-through the area searching for something under the commands of their king for half an hour without rest before their leader decided to call-off the search and return to his spot on the crown of the tree. Such heightened sense of awareness made the vulture-king a very scary animal in the boy’s honest opinion because its sense of awareness could sense the general-direction of Lin from kilometers away! the boy waited for a while longer after the kettle left just to make sure that black vulture-king wasn't faking its retreat before sneaking-out of the area of his hiding and made sure to stay under the cover of the rocky terrain while pushing his speed to the limit to widen the distance between him and these vultures.

When he returned to the location of the supply-box Lin found Sun's red fur already covered in the blood of his victims and waiting next to the supply box in obvious boredom and he scratched his ears with one of his hind-limbs while lazily yawning! when the tiger discovered the return of the boy he quickly raised the box on his back and Sun was clearly ready to go.

“Buddy... won't you ever learn to be a little bit more mindful of me! why do you like to be covered in the blood of your prey that much? is it that fun to be smelling like rusty-iron?”

Lin felt a headache coming when the nauseating smell of blood coming from Sun’s body entered his nose and knew that now he has to clean this huge and idiotic tiger first before he’s able to sit on its back without fainting because of the smell or the boy will start to vomit his brains-out if he got too close.

“Howl...”

Howling in a loud sound with a sly-glint shadowing his eyes Sun tried to catch his friend to bully him a little since this boy refused to cook food for him and forced him into eating raw-meat again! the huge feline knew that his human-companion hated the smell of blood and he did cover his body with lots of blood intentionally to pay Lin back.

“Stop... idiot! lower your voice, there's danger nearby, if we get caught in the middle of fooling-around with our pants-down then it will end-up with your ass being in danger, you could be hurt... badly! so behave yourself.”

Lin reprimanded Sun with a harsh and serious tune and glared at him because after he just evaded the vulture-king and its committee the boy was feeling relieved inwardly! he made the right choice when didn't listen to this dumb-tiger who kept trying to convince him to allow it to hasten the pace of their travel. Sun flashed a toothy smile and was clearly disbelieving the validity of Lin's warning but he stopped being mischievous anyway in-order not to anger his best-friend and followed the boy to the nearest water-source. Lin washed Sun's body thoroughly which is one of the relaxing experiences this tiger loves ever since he was a young cub. After Sun became clean he followed the boy’s instructions in taking a long detour around the lands nearby the nest of vulture-committee. They moved deeper towards the west for around twenty kilometers first before they changed their direction again and started moving towards their original direction which is south for around one-hundred kilometers or so before correcting this trajectory for a third time to align-with the original path which goes directly southwards from the palace. When it became night time Lin closed his eyes and started another long session of meditation while Sun rested next to the boy after he made campfire! gathering dry branches and scratching his claws against stones to create sparks was something Sun learned to do years ago. Despite it being summer and the weather is great at these nights Sun still would light-up fires for fun every night and would enjoy looking at them with these yellow eyes of his for hours without being bored. But he’s mostly wishing for a tender and cooked midnight-snack right now and he lit-up this campfire while hoping that his human-companion would mercifully make this simple wish come true.

“Humph... no!”

“Purr...”

The boy found the tiger watching every move he made very closely after his session of meditation was complete. He learned to not be greedy and seek great improvement quickly or it will cause this journey to be delayed more than it already is! that’s why Lin would stop his soul-cultivation after his soul-force which was depleted during the daylight is replenished. Following that he would prepare himself a meal then after eating he would exercise his physique according to the pumma-manual and take a nap then when it’s dawn Sun would wake him up and they continue their trek. Sun’s sleeping time would be whenever Lin is awake and Lin’s sleeping time would be whenever Sun is awake and nearby to guard him.

“You really should consider stopping this unhealthy habit of yours, eating too much will make your butt and stomach accumulate more fat, and believe me when I say this buddy... sooner or later they will.”

“Snort...”

“I know that you don’t care about becoming a heavy-weight, I’m just trying to make a point here and my point is... that if you become heavy then it means you’ll become slow, then... if you chase others, others will make fun of you while they escape! Because you’re slow.”

“Howl...”

“Don’t glare at me... I’m just saying it because I don’t want to see you being disadvantaged, that’s all.”

Lin noticed the expectant gaze Sun gave him and adamantly refused. The boy started one of his heart-to-heart conversations with his tiger while taking-out two portions of meat, grain, spice, cheese, vegetable, and a few other ingredients from the supply-box and started to prepare his meal under the unwilling gaze of his salivating-tiger! once Lin finished cooking his food and was about to start eating this hot-meal his movement suddenly stopped and it was like his body was incased in ice. Letting his soul-sense always activated is one of the most important rules he made before deciding on this journey and the boy wouldn’t deactivate the ability unless he’s in an immediate need to replenish his exhausted soul-force and Sun needs to be on guarding-duty when it happens. But just earlier Lin’s soul-sense picked-up an intruder who entered his range of senses. It isn't a flying or a land-animal but a human-being instead! a female which appears to be twenty-something in age. She’s wearing a disheveled-dress which is covered in mud and dirt that accumulated in it after what appears to be a long time since her clothes were washed. Her messy hair and torn clothes were proof of how much suffering she must’ve went through. But these green eyes underneath the cover of the messy hair which covered her face were full of life and fighting-spirit! these weren't the eyes of someone who’s on the brink of giving up after suffering what this female must’ve suffered to be in such bad condition. The boy felt flashes of danger in his mind when he stared at these green eyes with his soul-sense and quickly withdrew his soul-force which was instinctively about to invade the mind of this female after the threat which he felt earlier from her. Despite the dirt covering her face and body it couldn't hide the charming looks and the devilish-figure of the female while her quick and hurried pace when she ran in the dark of the night while constantly keeping track of the area behind her clearly hinted that she's being followed or chased by something or someone which she didn’t want to catch her! first thing to grab Lin’s attention on her is the clothes because despite being dirty and tattered the attire of this female has a few delicate and fine decorations which gave away the high-cost and effort to make it and the sword which she held in her hand is clearly a weapon who saw its fair share of action and battles because it’s nicked everywhere and has a few snaking-cracks on it.

“Hrmmm...”

While Lin was looking at the female and trying to figure-out whether he should ask her if she needed help her or not he saw the woman stop suddenly then kept looking around her vigilantly while squinting eyes seemingly trying to look far into the distance in this darkness of the night after taking a defensive-stance.

“Impossible... she obviously hasn’t used any soul-force, and she’s clearly isn't a soul-cultivator like me as well! but just now how did she discover my soul-sense? I made sure to disguise my soul-sense when I scanned her, especially after the threat I’m feeling from her.”

Lin was amazed by the sharp senses of this female and was feeling really disappointed with himself because it seems like his methods of using the ability of soul-sense are not used well. This is the second time it happened in less than a single day. If we count what happened with the vulture-king then it's the second time his ability of the soul-sense was discovered indeed because that animal seemed to feel Lin's intrusive gaze at its territory while this female did discover the boy’s sense when it checked her! just a little bit faster that’s all.

“Was it my misconception! no... I better be careful, these dogs from the assassin-guild always like to play the part of being snakes hidden in the grass to pull the attention of their target away from the dagger hidden in the shadows.”

“What language is that?”

The woman doubtfully said then changed her direction after making up her mind but the destination she choose is directly heading towards the nest of vultures! the boy squeezed his brain trying to find any language in his memory which has any connection to what he heard from the female but there really was none.

“Oh-no! this stupid woman is heading for her death... wait here buddy, I'll be right bac-”

“Purr...”

“My food! you... hateful... selfish, and gluttonous gigantic-cat. Humph! just you wait... stay there until I return. I'll make sure to correct this... intolerable behavior of yours. Snort.”

Lin was so absorbed in surveilling the disheveled-female that he let-down his guard and Sun succeeded in licking the plates clean! while the boy threatened the tiger his beast-companion kept smacking his lips in return while giving an outwardly impression of being sad while in truth Sun was feeling sad because there was only a tiny amount of the cooked food which he stole from his human-companion. Gritting his teeth when he noticed the look inside the yellow eyes of his tiger which gave away how it was feeling pleased with itself since it pulled a fast one on him! Lin activated his pair of wings and took-off to the sky while trying hard not to turn-around and beat-up his best-friend first before warning the female of the danger ahead of her.

“She's certainly fast... maybe Shou was a little bit slower than her before he arrived in the village, I better give her my warning while keeping my distance then.”

The boy spectated the female from a distance of more than a kilometer away and she ran ahead while expertly evading all the obstacles which were in her way and her eyes are evidently used to seeing clearly and very well in the darkness of this moon-less night! Whenever the female met any rough-terrain which she has to descend and climb-down or an unavoidable obstacle which she has to ascend and climb-up this female will use the sword whenever there’s no foothold to carve one in the rocks.

“Hey you... I wouldn't go that way if I were you.”

Lin stopped at the distance of one-hundred and fifty meters behind the woman and maintained his levitation at the altitude of one-hundred meters up in the air before sending her his warning thorough a soul-link technique. Since this woman spoke in a foreign-language which he couldn't understand earlier before she changed her direction Lin knew he has to use the ability of soul-link to deliver his message clearly and bypass this existing barrier of language difference.

“Eek!...”

The woman immediately stopped in her tracks and halted all movement then looked back in Lin's direction but she didn’t seem to be able to see the boy who was flapping his wings to hover in the same position! despite how much this pair of wings were being quite a very noticeable sight especially when they glow very intensely in a yellow-golden light in the darkness of the night. Lin was puzzled by how this disheveled-woman can sense his soul-sense when it covered her body from the distance of two kilometers away yet couldn't see him now from this short distance of one-hundred and fifty meters. The boy was sure a million-percent that this young-woman isn't blind and another million-percent sure that she isn't acting like she can't see him right now.

“Who are you? are you the one who was spying on me earlier? what do you mean don't go that way? what is waiting for me there? and if you don't mind me asking... can senior reveal yourself and show me who you are? spending two years in this land of forgetfulness, has made me how to say it... yes, sceptical and suspicious when meeting strangers.”

The green-eyed young-woman exchanged these thoughts with Lin through the soul-link before smirking faintly and severing the connection between them which Lin felt like it was somehow meant to be rude in a way! when she raise her sword this woman seemed to expect getting attacked by Lin anytime now because she kept looking everywhere nervously.

'What’s going on here? is this one messed-up in the head? I'm still right here idiot! as if these glowing-wings aren't enough to be seen in the darkness of night from kilometers away. Just what did she do? I can't reach out to her with the ability of soul-link anymore, she blocks it right before the connection can be completed, my soul-force keeps failing to enter her head! this is really strange. How exactly is she doing that?' Lin rolled his eyes at this strange woman over and over and he thought that while feeling odd at the ability which isn't working anymore! because that’s the first time it happened.

“I'm right here... I doubt you'll understand that though.”

Lin shouted towards the woman and moved closer to her slowly while his soul-sense was locked-on the young-woman's body and closely watching every movement of hers and his Wings were ready to flee at any attempt from her to make any sudden move! finally when Lin reached the distance one-hundred and one meter away from the young-woman she seemed to noticed something up in the sky and looked towards his direction while her grip tightened around the hilt of the dilapidated-sword in her hand and after she hesitated for a split-second the young-woman moved forward a couple of steps which shortened the distance between her and the boy to be exactly one-hundred meters before staring-at Lin with wide-eyes. She was gazing-upon the flying kid like she's witnessing the definition of impossibility actually happening before her eyes! Lin noticed that this green-eyed woman was only able to see him at the distance of one-hundred meters and vaguely feel his location at the mark between one-hundred and one meter distance and one-hundred meters. Then he confirmed his discovery by going out of that range and approaching the woman from another angle. She could feel his location at the distance of one-hundred and one meters because of the glow from his wings! when he deactivated them and stood on some rock at the exact distance this green-eyed young-woman couldn't find him at all and kept searching with her eyes for him while shouting things in her foreign-language. But at the distance of one-hundred meters her eyes and other strange and weird sense she has could picked-up his location very easily.

“Stop doing that already... big-sister is very exhausted, and it's been a month since I got some sleep, all this popping-in and out from these clouds is making me dizzy.”

“I'm sorry... I can't understand whatever that you're saying. So you better listen-up and try to piece-out what I have to tell you somehow, anyway... up ahead is a very dangerous location. There in that direction... big-vultures, lots of them.”

“Did you ask me to stop just to dance in front of me?”

“I said that I don’t understand whatever that you’re saying miss, since you blocked me from sending you messages directly through the brain with my soul-link, I don’t think I’ll be able to explain to you any further details on this matter. So... good luck! I guess.”

Both were trying to convey their message to the other then waited to see if he/she got the meaning but maybe if Lin understood what she just said then he might go berserk on this young-woman since his meal was just snatched earlier by a tiger because of her.

“Ah! how could I forget that? it was me who severed his connection first, then blocked his ability... Mia you dummy. Wait!... big-sister won't resist you anymore. Hey! don't go, please don’t leave me here... at least tell me, what is in that direction?”

The woman was the one to understand what the boy meant and it wasn't because she's mentally superior in any way! it was only because Lin used hand-signs when he spoke which made it easier for the woman to translate his meaning. Lin who was about to return to the location of his camp to teach Sun a severe lesson since he dared steal his meal! found the disheveled and dirtied young-woman trying to grab his attention while doing some awkward moves which looked a lot like the exercise of jumping-jacks and she shouted something at the top of her lungs. When the young-woman which called herself Mia saw that she succeeded in grabbing the boy’s attention she gave him her sweetest smiles and blinked her eyelids slowly -which made her look like the female-version of pervert old Ba in Lin’s eyes- while pointing at her own head then Lin's own head before linking the tips of both of her forefingers together! Then she looked at the boy with expectations in her eyes to see if her intentions were understood. Lin looked at this young-woman and frowned because he felt like his intellectual-capabilities were questioned here! trying one final time to use the ability of soul-link on her while fully-intent on leaving without looking back if he found his attempt failing because she blocked them again. The boy found that he’s able to connect with this young-woman's brain again.

“Who are you kid? where's your family? why are you able to use your spirit in land of forgetfulness? eek!... I forgot to introduce myself, hello my name is Mia.”

The green-eyed Mia asked a question after question in a friendly way but from her defensive-stance and the angle of the sword in her hand Lin was sure that she isn't relaxing her guard against him at all unlike what she might sound in the communication of the soul-link.

“My name is Lin son of Tai the mighty and Tian the beauty, my family is in a safe place far from here, but thank you for asking, as for my spirit I can't explain anything because I don't know why I can myself-... hrmm... are these people your companions? want me to point you in their direction?”

Honestly the boy was feeling proud of himself when he did his first introduction then squinted slightly and dodged the question about his family since this Mia is just a stranger whom he just met but when he was about to engage her and talk the topic of spirit Lin's activated soul-sense picked-up three more foreign-intruders entering its range! they were two men draped in black hooded-cloaks and are accompanied by a big animal. Both men were agile like monkeys and light-footed with steps so gentle on the ground below the soles of their feet which reminded the boy of Ghost whenever he’s in stealth mode. But the cloak they were wearing seemed to block Lin's soul-sense from seeing the faces of these men no matter how hard he tried! the animal they were following was a sight to behold to Lin because it has three-heads. Three-tails and each one is segmented like a scorpion’s tail. Forked tongues just like a snake's coming out of each head which looked like a huge dog’s head! and four long green fangs were prominently seen on each mouth of the three heads.

“Shit! I let them catch up again, quick lets go, these two are baddies. Listen to me Lin son of Tai the mighty and Tian the beauty.”

“Just... call me Lin.”

“Uh!... alright Lin it’s then, where were we... yes! don't let these two anywhere near you or your loved ones, ever! these two are hired assassins, their job is to kill people.”

Mia was startled then started to escape while warning Lin but the way she called him made Lin frown because that’s not the way he imagined any rational-person would refer to him! then the boy’s frown intensified when he noticed that the direction Mia is currently taking still has the same destination and she’s going straight towards the nest of vultures.

“I get it... these guys back there are dangerous. But... I know that you’re trying to escape from these "baddies" Mia.”

“I am... I said it already, didn’t I?”

“Nope... I can’t understand your language at all, so everything you said before was just sound in my ears.”

“They’ve been chasing me for two years now, because of them I haven’t slept in a month.”

 “I feel like I really need to ask this question right now! but why are you still going towards the vulture’s nest? believe me these guys are very dangerous, on your own armed with nothing but the sword in your hand will only make you end-up being light-snack for the vulture-committee.”

Lin conversed with Mia through the ability of soul-link while maintaining his flight-trajectory at exactly one-hundred meters towards her left and was keeping his guard-up against this Mia just like she was on-guard against him! trusting each other? Nope. Not today.

“I have no choice but to try my luck there, maybe I’ll be able to escape during the chaos of the fight and use these monsters which you call vultures to delay them or maybe kill that scorpion-tailed Cerberus while I take them by surprise, I wouldn’t be able to escape their chase unless I get rid of that revolting-beast because it already has my scent.”

“Scent!...”

“Yes scent... that’s this beasts most venomous inherent-ability. Even in this land of forgetfulness it can smell the faintest of odors emitted from my body and use it as a lead to get a feel of my direction no matter how far I am, if I kill it without killing these two assassins then they might turn their attention towards the innocent "savages" who live in this land if desperation consumed their hearts since leaving this continent is extremely rare for anyone who isn’t a sovereign and isn’t very lucky.”

“Savages!... sovereign... hard to leave... I’ll just take your word for it for now. Why are they after you?”

“Their mission seems to be either to kill me or to keep me in this cursed-land forever, maybe if I lure them to the nest of these vultures, maybe I'll be able to get rid of them all at once. How many of these vultures is there?”

Mia said her extremely risky plan to Lin without hesitation or fear showing on her face and her lively green eyes burned in fighting-spirit but the thing which made Lin start to respect her for her kindness other than her courage is her worry for the ignorant humans roaming this land! still the boy couldn’t help himself and frowned when the young-woman called them savages because he knows that he’s one of them. The expeditions of exploration reported that thousands of humans die in the areas around their village every year. Most of them would live like what Mia called them as "savages" who wouldn’t hesitate to kill each other and made-up most of the casualties while the minority would fall prey to the monsters! Mia didn't want to lose track of these two men if they lost their Cerberus because they’re guaranteed to cause harm on the ignorant savages instead. She would rather suffer being chased by these two assassins and distract their evil minds from torturing or toying with the innocent savages of this land to release some bent-up frustrations after a failed mission and having no method to exit this land.

“Where did these assassins come from? why do the ones who hired them want to kill you in the first place? why couldn't you see me when I stood further than one-hundred meters from you? why is that Cerberus able to pinpoint your location? I get it that it has your scent and all but there’s countless ways to cover the odors coming from our bodies and If it's that hard to maintain your safety in this land -which you think is cursed!- then why don't you just leave?”

Lin asked Mia multiple questions trying to get a clear picture of the situation.

“Assassins from the assassin-guild, I’m pretty sure they’re hired by my rival to ambush me, because once I exited the trial of the "drowned-realm" she confronted me and schemed against me once I tried to use my advanced space-talisman she and her followers used a world-stabilizing needle to divert the destination of my teleportation to be the exact opposite of what I wanted. After the teleportation ended I found myself just outside the great-space barrier while these two attempted their sneak-attack and tried to kill me and blocked me from trying to return back to notify lord father of their scheme, with no other option but to enter this land of forgetfulness or to die under the daggers of these two assassins I had to choose the earlier option.”

“Despite how tough and unfortunate experiences these were, it seems to me that you’re taking it pretty well.”

“Damn right I am! I wouldn’t allow these two assassins to break my fighting-spirit... even if I had to spend two years of my life running and running and... sigh. I miss the feeling of just lying-down on a soft bed and just closing my eyes you know... what I mean is... sigh. I can count the times I slept longer than a couple of hours on a single hand... two years huh! I really miss home... lord-father and Xiaoxi must be worried for me.”

“I get it now... why couldn’t you see me when I’m standing further than one-hundred meters then? and please give me the answer to the rest of my questions, I really want to know these answers.”

“Because I’m a spirit-cultivator!”

“Do elaborate then.”

“Any spirit-cultivator would be suppressed in this land of forgetfulness and that’s why I said this land is cursed before! you really don’t know that?”

“No. What happens then? how exactly do you get suppressed?”

“Our vision gets blocked after the one-hundred meter range by a strange barrier which is extremely similar to a thick curtain of white clouds! they say senior-cultivators beyond the spirit-lord realm are able to see a bit further than one-hundred meters but I don't know if it’s a true or false information. Why do you keep asking about it? uh! don't tell me... you can see further than one-hundred meters with your own eyes.”

“I do... why? do you think that I’m lying to you?”

“Of course I do! this lie wouldn't work on big-sister Mia, humph... humph. I figured-out your secret already... you're a soul-cultivator, and we’re communicating through the famous ability of soul-link, right!”

“I’m a soul-cultivator indeed and thanks to soul-link we’re communicating, back to topic... you’re always that distracted?”

“Hehe... Xiaoxi is even more of a lost-case than I am when it comes to distractions... sigh.”

“Hey! Cerberus... pinpoint, your location, how it happened? why can’t you prevent it?”

“Oh! right... their Cerberus is only able to keep track of my location actually... not pinpoint it. It happened because that beast sniffed a mixture of my blood and a strand of a plant which is called fox-shade. This hateful beast will be able to gradually locate you even if you're at the ends of earth after recognizing your scent even once! Little-Lin do remember this about that scorpion-tailed Cerberus, never ever get stung by any of its three stingers. Receiving the bite from one of its heads, especially when one of the four fangs on each jaw hit you, it will make you hypnotized and lethargic, pills, potions or using your spirit-energy, can fight that venom inside your physique and prevent it from spreading further and from paralyzing your body completely afterwards, but its stingers will give you a very venomous curse of the "demonic and darkness" attributes.”

“Sounds wicked... darkness attribute is understandable to me since I seem to have the attribute of light when it comes to spirit-energy, but demonic!... I feel like it’s an evil thing but how exactly evil... in what way?”

“Demonic attribute is a mixture of both soul-force and poison from a beast, if it is from a cultivator then we call it evil attribute but they both work the same way. They cripple the soul and murky the spirit-energy within the body, most orthodox-cultivators call them devil-cultivators but there’s a great different between sects of evil and devil-cultivation. Don’t look at me like that I’m just explaining it to you and wasn’t distracted, this scorpion-tailed Cerberus has its curse much harder to deal with, because it’s a three-attributes curse where soul-force and darkness are naturally fused together with its talent in the dao of poison.”

“That bad huh!... how do you treat someone who’s stung by it then? what happens after they’re stung?”

“Certainly its victim will be left in a comatose-state a few seconds after getting stung by one of these stingers, unable to use spirit-energy, soul-force or qi-vitality! unable to think, move or speak. There’s a rumor about "weapon-intent" and "faith-strands" or "karmic-threads" being able to counter or fight that curse but I’m not sure if it’s true or not, what I know for a fact is that only someone from the church of light or the "temple of transparency" will be able to remove or weaken this curse over time, Sadly they’ll need to be at least in the rank of a "bishop" or a "high-monk" or higher in rank if you want to remove the curse faster.”

“I see... then I guess you didn’t leave because you didn’t know the way, and because that Cerberus will lead them to you if you did.”

“Me leaving this land? even if I knew the way I still wouldn't leave unless these dogs from the assassins-guild are dead first, same goes for their mutt.”

“Are they that strong?”

“Of course they’re... my only chance of eliminating them is here in this land, when we are all suppressed and can’t use our spirit-energy.”

“How strong exactly?”

The boy asked this question and waited for the information which he wanted to know long ago but old Jin Bao was being greedy and annoyingly silent for a long while now, since there’s a chance to know from this chatter-box (Mia) then he wouldn’t let the chance go.

“One of them is a sixth-stage in the spirit-tyrant realm, which is the peak of the mid-grade and means that he can reach the seventh-stage and become a tyrant in the high-grade, while the other is a spirit-tyrant in the third-stage, which means he’s in the peak of the low-grade and can ascend to the fourth-stage and become a mid-grade tyrant.”

“I see... how about you then? what "realm" and "grade" or "stage" are you?”

“I’m only in the realm of spirit-grandmaster which is the realm before the tyrant realm. Two years ago before I entered this land, I was in the peak-perfection of the high-grade, a ninth-stage spirit-grandmaster who was almost about to breakthrough and reach the tyrant-realm herself. Heh... this feels and sounds like it happened centuries ago, looks like my heart just wasn’t sharpened enough after all... sigh.”

“So... if you left they’ll follow, if you stood your ground and fought... they’ll use their advantage in number to your disadvantage. Quite the tough situation you got yourself in huh. Well... what do you think will happen if you fought them outside?”

“Their Cerberus will guide them out easily and outside the suppression of this land of forgetfulness I'll be just like a sitting-duck for them to kill me, since I have no more advanced space-talismans left, then I wouldn’t be able to outrun them because one of them is a spirit-cultivator with the dual-attributes of the wind and lightning elements who’s specialized in speed, while the other seems to be a poison-specialist and a spirit-cultivator of the earth element who's able to use gravitational-abilities to slow his enemies. My only path to survival is to take them-out and finish them here before I even think of a way to leave, that way I can be sure that news of my survival wouldn’t reach Katherine, because if she did or if I allow a chance for her to discover, then I’m going to be hunted again or maybe fall under her schemes in the end.”

Mia told Lin her circumstances while she ran but what she said made Lin pity her and admire her tenaciousness in both mind and fighting-spirit. The boy kept nodding whenever he calculated the risks she might be exposed to if she made any other decisions, then he smiled abashedly because this Mia might seem stupid but her actions and decision are indeed sharp and rationale.

“Well... I was on my way out, and it's that way if you want to leave this land. Just keep going south directly until you reach the sea water. My friend is waiting for me to return and these assassins doesn't seem to be in a hurry to chase after you at their top-speed, my advice is... to not take the risk with these vultures in your current shape. If you want... then come with me, I'll help you to a warm meal and watch-over you while you sleep and rest until you're in a good shape to fight or keep fleeing. What do you say?”

“I accept, of course! but I’m tired of running... After I’m well-rested then I’ll settle the score with them once and for all. Can’t you see that this damsel is in distress and in immediate need for help here? be the knight in shining armor for me or... hehe shining wings suit you better. I guess!”

“Nearby these vulture’s nest is a perfect place for an ambush, I can guide you to it but I won't join you in action or fight anyone, the best I can do is make the situation perfect for you to turn the tables on them.”

“Tsk... I guess you won’t be my knight then.”

“Nope... follow me then, if my conditions are not to your liking, then please take care sister Mia and be extra careful around the territories of the vulture-nest. The king of these vultures was able to feel my soul-sense when my ability covered it, and could sense my location from two kilometers away. I would tread very carefully if I were you.”

Lin sent then continued flying in the same direction with Mia for a few seconds before he changed direction slightly to the east with intention of taking the long route back to Sun around these assassins.

“Wait what? Lin... alright I agree, wait-up for me... big sister doesn't have wings like you, you know. Just now you said... your soul-sense, right?”

“I said it before that I’m a soul-cultivator... actually it was you who figured it out.”

“I did but-”

“What kind of soul-cultivator would that person be if he or she or it couldn’t use the ability of soul-sense?”

Lin raised an eye-brow while looking towards the young-woman when he asked that question. To someone ignorant like the boy soul-cultivators below the realm of soul-eye are nothing but mortals with above-average senses and nothing more! because he considers himself someone with average talent or below that in soul-cultivation. Mia just felt her breath being taken away when she received the message through the ability of soul-link.

“So... It wasn't my mind playing tricks on me! you reached the realm of soul-eye already... just how old are you?”

“I-”

The boy was about to send an answer when Mia’s green-eyes shined in interest and she smiled towards him while sending another message.

“wait!”

“What now? it’s extremely rude to interrupt others you know, especially when they’re polite enough to answer your questions in the first place.”

“Uh! sorry about that but this is something which I’ve been searching for it since I was very young.”

She didn’t seem sorry at all which made the boy look at her and roll his eyes before sending her his answer.

“What is it?”

“Do you... happen to cultivate one of these longevity-techniques? Big-sister will give you this sword if you agree to teach me how to cultivate that technique, and later I’ll share lots of things with you after we exit the great-space barrier, because I too wish to keep my young looks. Ah! no... I shouldn't keep calling myself big-sister anymore. Forgive me senior Lin, this junior was rude.”

Mia ran after Lin while shouting her words at his brain through the ability of soul-link and he could feel her passion and yearning for that so-called longevity-technique! even the boy was blushing madly when she started calling him senior. Yes he’s about thirty-five years old if you combine the time he lived in both lives. But right now he’s only six years old and practiced no bullshit longevity-technique to look young.

'What crappy nonsense is that longevity-technique or whatnot? if I wanted to maintain my young looks, then I can just undergo my genesis-operation and... sigh. Just who am I kidding here?' Lin thought in the beginning before sighing inwardly then he raised his head to look directly in Mia’s big and glittery green-eyes which almost sprouted stars from how excited she was.

“I'm six years and exactly nine days old, big-sister Mia... please stop calling me senior. It's embarrassing you know, calling me little-Lin or just Lin is more than enough.”

Lin turned his head away after he glared at Mia shyly then he sent her that but the shocked look on her face -which mostly was caused by her disappointment after finding no lead to her passion- was very visible despite the dirt covering her skin! her dilating-eyes and rugged-breathing is proof enough of how disbelieving the young-woman was after receiving what the boy sent.

“I... impossible! not to mention the fact that you’re already able to freely use your martial-spirit in this land of forgetfulness which is impossible, you being able to reach the realm of soul-eye in this young age is just... who's your master then? to what sect do you belong? Where is it? tell me everything about it.”

Mia almost tripped-over and was about to fall flat on her face when she saw the honest expression on Lin's face before he turned his head to look away because he was feeling shyness and bashfulness! despite how much the young-woman wanted to call the boy a liar. Something inside her chest told Mia this boy was telling the truth. Finally she tried to know who’s Lin’s master because such person should be known everywhere in the spirit-world and acknowledged in the world as a senior amongst seniors when it comes to the two systems of soul and spirit-cultivation.

“The person who taught me how to soul-cultivate is Jin Bao, he's a dual-cultivator of soul and spirit, in spirit-cultivation he’s a seventh-stage in the realm of spirit-king, while in soul-cultivation he’s in the realm of soul-clone. But I was never part of any sect, actually... I don’t know about any sects at all, beside the assassins-guild which I learned of its existence from you earlier, I know about mercenary-guild because Jin Bao was part of it once. This land of forgetfulness is the only place I know in this spirit-world, I was born and raised here, but I was about to leave and explore the world before meeting you so... you’re lucky to meet me now because if it happened earlier I wouldn’t have agreed to be your guide even if you begged me to do it.”

Lin looked at Mia's face then told her the achievements of Jin Bao. The boy was proudly narrating them because even these two assassins from the assassins-guild who frightened Mia into avoiding them for two years to the degree of being afraid to lower her guard and force herself to stay awake for a month! were two entire-realms lower than Jin Bao in spirit-cultivation and Mia herself is three realms lower. Not to mention that these three suppressed spirit-cultivators were devoid of any signs or indications of soul-force strong enough to threaten him. Jin Bao was far superior in both spirit and had crossed a long distance in soul-cultivation while they didn’t take any step in soul-cultivation. Even someone like him is winning in the aspect of soul-cultivation! to be honest the boy was doubting if Mia and the two-assassins are categorized amongst the weaker spirit-cultivators. If Mia knew what kind of thoughts were going thorough Lin's brain right now then she would certainly dash at him while flailing her sword at him like mad with reddened-eyes! because she’s a member of one of the five great-sects and not an ordinary member at that. At the age of eighteen -which was two years ago- she was about to ascend to the realm of spirit-tyrant already. After getting stuck in this land of forgetfulness it delayed her breakthrough for two years now. Not to mention that she’s currently holding the record of being the third-fastest person to awaken the martial-spirit.

“Only a spirit-king!... not even an emperor?”

“That’s what he said.”

“Are you sure he’s just a soul-cultivator in the clone-realm?”

“That’s also what he said.”

“And you... do you dare swear an oath on your spirit and soul to the dao that you were born and raised in this land? and that your age is six years old.”

“What’s an oath to the dao? why wouldn’t I dare swear it since it’s the truth anyway? but I’m curious about knowing this... what might happen if I was lying?”

Lin turned and looked at Mia when he saw the doubtful-look in her eyes and the signs of suspicion on her face.

“Humph... your soul will shatter and your martial-spirit will scatter, your soul-force and spirit-energy will fade, it’s not that late to back-off now. Snort... this saintess hates liars, especially the naughty and small ones.”

Mia thought Lin was worried about the consequences of his stupid lie and glared at him while sending him this message.

“Such a thing can happen!”

“Of course, now tell big-sister the truth and never try to lie agai-”

“Alright then... I swear an oath on my spirit and soul to the dao that I was born and raised in this land of forgetfulness and that my age is six years old and nine days right now and that what I’m saying right now in the language which Mia doesn’t understand is the same thing.”

Mia found Lin sending her that message while shouting something in that foreign language to the sky then this naughty boy looked at her and just grinned after he finished then stuck his tongue out to tease her which made the young-girl bite her lower lip and blush in shame.

“L... looks like you're a genius when it comes to soul-cultivation then, but don’t be too cocky just yet, your... achievement in succeeding to awaken your martial-spirit at the age of six in this land of forgetfulness can't be neglected as something which I’ve never heard others could do, but sadly nobody will consider it as an excuse to add you amongst the ranks of monsters.”

Mia frowned slightly when she confirmed Lin's achievements to be true after that oath to the dao was made. The young-woman then admitted the fact of the boy’s superiority in soul-cultivation before shaking her head in disappointment when she mentioned Lin's spirit-cultivation which will only continue to lag behind the rest of his generation if he stays in this land of forgetfulness after awakening his martial-spirit.

“When did I ever say that my martial-spirit was awakened at the age of six exactly?”

Lin raised an eyebrow at Mia indignantly because the young-woman made incorrect-assumptions about him on her own! the boy asked with pouted lips while crossing his arms and looking slightly up to show his displeasure.

“Yikes!... yes big-sister admits she doesn’t know, no need to be moody with me now, I apologize alright!”

“Apology accepted...”

“Hehe... little-Lin why don’t you tell me when did you awaken your martial-spirit? it was earlier than what I said before, maybe five and half years old!”

Mia gawked slightly then snickered inwardly when she saw Lin's grumpy-attitude and the young-woman quickly fixed it and the boy shrugged it off.

Smiling widely when she saw Lin take it in stride Mia tried to coax him by asking for details and she "generously" deducted an entire six months from her previous assumption.

“Less than four years old! three years, eleven months and a few days. Four days to be exact. That’s the time when my martial-spirit was awakened.”

Noticing the amused smile on Mia's face made Lin's competitive-nature and pride which was hidden bone-deep! come flaring-up and the boy told the young-woman his record slowly. He enjoyed the shocked look which replaced the smile on her face to the tiniest detail.

'Heh... know your place mortal! or so Lily would say in such situations, I guess.' Lin thought that and watched Mia's lips shake in disbelief and her legs stop in place because apparently she was currently frozen from this great shock to the core.

“Sigh... now you've done it Lin, when dealing with cultivators try to keep a low-key all the time. The highest tree gets hit by the strongest winds from the storm, maybe you should maintain your distance from this girl and always stay on your toes. Despite how frail and weak she look, don’t be fooled by appearances because as long as she's holding a sword in her hands it means she isn’t, this girl is no less dangerous than that vulture-king or that tiger of yours, killing promising geniuses before their bones harden and before they can be considered a threat is very common to find amongst cultivators. Some would brag about it, when mentioning how many geniuses they killed in the past you’ll see them even taking it as a source of pride! remember, the world of cultivation isn't for the weak, and even more so for kind individuals such as yourself.”

Jin Bao's voice rang inside Lin's head after a very long time of keeping his silence! he wasn't happy because Lin mentioned things about him before and even more displeased by the boy's naive attitude.

“Don't worry old Jin because I won't lower my guard, but you never answered me when I needed your advice before, and now you’re spying on my conversation with others. I take it that these soul-soothing stones helped?”

Lin said seriously because despite what happened with Mia and all that was said the boy never let go of his vigilance even once from the very beginning. But he was slightly frustrated because this cultivator trapped in the ring is treating him like a child.

“They did... mention nothing of the ring. I... would be thankful if you didn’t.”

“I would be thankful... if you answer me when there’s something important I want to know.”

“Noted... be careful around her, I keep having a bad feeling about her.”

“Alright...”

“Do you swear an oath to the dao on your spirit... that all what you said about awakening your martial-spirit at the age of less than four is true?”

“This again? I wonder if my looks are the cause of people always mistrusting me. I swear to the dao on my spirit that I awakened my martial-spirit at the age of three years old and eleven months and four days... happy now?”

Mia was still unwilling to believe how superior Lin is to her in spirit-energy as well despite being born in an environment countless-times harsher than what she experienced! the boy certainly received much less and much worse care than her since she's part of the seamless-sword sect. Mia being the only daughter of the sect-master and the current "saintess" of the sect while Lin is obviously one of the descendants of barbarians from his tall frame and muscular build for a six years old boy. She the daughter of the seamless-sword sect's sect-master and the acting-saintess of the sect is nothing in front of that barbarian-descendant who carelessly swore two oaths to the dao which shattered all her belief and knowledge which for years she thought it’s common-knowledge! Mia always took pride in two things in life. First thing is her martial-spirit itself which made her very compatible with the sect's top-grade cultivation-techniques and easily able to understand and master many secret-manuals and forbidden-tomes! that's why she's the acting-saintess of one of the five great-sects of this spirit-world. Second thing is her record in awakening her martial-spirit which only lost to two people in the written history of the spirit-world! Mia awakened her martial-spirit at the age of four years seven months and twenty-eight days.

When Mia started to compare her achievement’s to Lin who’s someone who should be talented in body-refinement mainly because of the advantage of his bloodline which all members of the barbarian-race has she felt dread and a feeling of despair! from the boy’s obvious ignorance the young-woman can conclude with almost complete certainty that he's a novice with shaky-foundation and minimum-knowledge about matters of cultivation. Which practically erases almost completely the factor or possibility of Lin being taken as a disciple or receiving serious care since he awakened his martial-spirit like Mia who happened to be taught personally by her father! now the advantage when it comes to comparisons in the aspect of spirit-cultivation between the two of them should normally lean pretty-heavily towards Mia since it's common-knowledge about humans being superior in spirit-energy cultivation when compared to most of the other races. Yet despite the many obstacles in Lin’s path to spirit-cultivate be that his birthplace, race, or outside help. Lin is better despite the existence of so many disadvantages which fate destined for him! Mia felt like she wants to find a hole to bury herself right now. She felt like maybe it wouldn't be a very bad idea to turn-back and go on a face to face suicidal-attack against the two assassins right here and now. Maybe a battle to the death will help her release this feeling of frustration in her chest which kept swelling to no end.

“You keep asking me about these things... why don’t you tell me when did you awaken your martial-spirit? and where does my timing of awakening my martial-spirit place me on the ranking?”

Lin noticed how Mia was apparently feeling overly depressed after hearing him swear that second oath! she was stressed when he met her but now she looked like someone who’s about to go do something stupid. The boy asked to distract her and maybe try and lift the young-woman’s spirit and cheer her up a bit.

“Four years... seven month... twenty-eight days. Sigh... I really want to punch you in the face just now, making me answer that question while giving me this ignorant and innocent look is so... unfair! ugh... whatever, you’re the quickest person to awaken his martial-spirit. number one.”

“I see... no need to be angry because of it, just attribute it to me being lucky or something.”

“Damn-it! that’s why I said you’re ignorant... you don’t even understand the greatness of your accomplishment and it makes me mad because you’re acting all cool about it.”

“I’m sorry... alright! what about you then? what’s your ranking?”

Lin shivered when Mia gave him a glare with her reddening-eyes and sent back the last message he reflexively raised his open palms and tried to pacify her a bit.

“I guess I'm in fourth place from now on! heh... and here I was feeling accomplished all that time with my record of four years and eight months. Laughable indeed... sigh. Let's go.”

Finally Mia calmed down and muttered while on her face was sarcastic and sad smile. The young-woman waved the sword in her hand towards a stone which is six-meters high in a cutting-gesture when she sighed. Then Mia started to run again and the stone which is six-meters high and was over thirty-meters away from the girl had its upper-part slide slowly then crash on the ground next to the main body of the stone which is still intact! a clean and very smooth cut was left on the upper-part of the stone for Lin's eyes to witness and his soul-sense to feel its surface to confirm that this is indeed reality and not an illusion and become the first proof of how scary Mia actually is.

“If I’m in the first place on the rank and you on the fourth rank, what about the second and third? Who are they and how quick were they?”

“Second place is Dan Pengfei the genius from the heart-seeking sect and their current top-candidate for the position of sect-master or so it was before I entered the drowned-realm’s trial two years ago... anyway, he did it in four years, six months and seventeen days. Third place is Andreas the current pope of the church of light where Katherine the one who schemed against me is their holy-daughter and considered by many as my rival but she’s my enemy now, the fourteenth-pope is slightly behind but he’s someone great actually since he’s holding the position and title of the fastest person alive! he awakened his martial-spirit at the age of four years, six months and twenty-four days, and you know the rest.”

Mia seemed to be feeling a lot better after venting-out on the stone but Lin noticed a dangerous glint in her eyes when she spoke about that holy-daughter Katherine.

“Um... actually that guy who’s called Dan Pengfei should be ranked third, Andreas the fourteenth-pope should take your place and you... should be ranked fifth.”

“What? why? you don’t get to decide because you’re first place! this isn’t some game.”

“I have a younger twin-sister.”

“So!”

“Her record is four years, three months and twenty-two days.”

“Huh!... I don’t believe it, swear an oa-”

“I swear an oath to the dao on my spirit that my twin-sister Lily awakened her martial-spirit at the age of four years, three months and twenty-two days.”

“Where's the two assassins right now?”

“Forget I said anything.”

“I really hate you right now... and your sister! this is so damn annoying.”

Lin tried to clarify to Mia but the swordswoman was in a very grumpy mood which was super obvious on her face.

Finally Mia swiveled on her heel and asked for the location of their chasers with eyes bursting with fighting-spirit when Lin swore the third oath without hesitation! Lin had nothing to say when he saw the young-woman express her feelings openly and honestly and tried to keep his mouth shut during the rest of their journey back to Sun and the supply-box. Now that the boy remembered his tiger needs some serious disciplining.

14