Chapter 43 : Letting It Happen
41 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The boy ignored the piecing glares directed towards him by most of these elves and said : "Please do forgive this junior for being impatient." Then calmly waited for the elven senior to continue his explanation.

Kamen'dir gave the boy an admiring look before nodding : "En. Like I said before, first point is related to the potential of this tool." After a short pause he continued to say : "The creator is ambitious yet he lacked the required skills but, he left room for improvements in the future.

"After this life-bound tool gets the acknowledgement of an owner, it's possible for it to gain upgrades in the future whenever the user ascends higher on the ranks of power.

"Since you're still in the spirit-apprentice realm then it's possible that you'd be able to wield an inheritance-tool by the time you're a lord, honestly it might happen earlier if that life-bound tool of yours was refined a few more times.

"However, the addition of a few precious spirit-materials is going to be essential in that case.

Finally the senior elf smiled and said : "Of course, none of these spirit-materials is going to be less expensive or rare compared to a brick of that sin-energy." Afterwards he silently looked at the boy's face waiting for any signs of annoyance or despair to show on his expression.

Yet none of these negative emotions was able to affect the kid at all.

'This gaze of his could help a raging-sea regain its calm!' Kamen'dir thought to himself after sensing himself getting absorbed deeper into the unknown when he looked directly at these golden-eyes, the more he maintained eye-contact the more he felt his emotions settle-down and his thought-process flow without interruption.

It frightened him really, maybe if he kept being influenced by that wonderous-state for much longer then he'd fall under the mercy of this human boy somehow.

The difficulty in averting his gaze away from the eyes of this kid startled the elven senior and made him feel embarrassed slightly!

"Ahem..." After clearing his throat he continued to say : "The second point is related to the weakness of life-bound tools. Unlike other life-bound tools that lack certain special spirit-materials, yours has that weakness somehow covered after the addition of solidified sin-energy despite how minimal it was.

"Since solidified sin-energy is inherently capable of helping us learn polar-extremities when it comes to the dao, any spirit-tool created with the addition of this special spirit-material is certain to gain this unique-ability... at least!

"Maybe in the future after some successful refinements you'd discover some rare traits or hidden-abilities of your life-bound tool, but let's not get side-tracked from our topic for now.

"Just like how you demonstrated earlier, your life-bound tool is prone to being deformed and is able to be shaped into many forms with utter ease.

"Naturally that makes it simply almost a complete nightmare for those who wish to damage your life-bound tool just to wound you, that approach would simply prove to be a simple waste of time for the majority of them.

"Less said about those who seek to take your life through that method, especially when the fact remains that whenever your life-bound tool becomes stronger whenever you become stronger... the task of damaging or completely destroying it becomes a lot more difficult if not outright impossible." Kamen'dir finished his explanation and looked around him at these juniors of his, he noticed how every single one of them has at least a shade of envy within their twinkling eyes.

Lin : "I appreciate you senior. Your enlightening certainly helped scatter my confusion, please accept this bow of gratitude." After bowing deeply in a polite gesture, the boy continued to say : "I really do admire your wide breadth of knowledge, I hope and aspire to one day attain a scholarly-aura a bit similar and as much closer as possible to your own."

Kamen'dir : "No need to flatter this old man, I'm closer to the grave than I'm to the door of my own house."

The great-sage smiled faintly and said nothing in reply but he still cupped his fist towards the elder.

Milo'nor : "Now that senior Kamen'dir has completed his lecture, let's continue our spar without any further delay... I still have other things to do before it's dark." The blonde teenager didn't seem all too pleased by how close this human boy has become with his elven senior after their long conversation, after a short pause he continued to say : "This is my weapon, it's called sun-bow... does that life-bound tool of yours have a name?" This time the young-prince seemed very proud when he spoke about the long-bow in his hands.

"A name huh..." The boy muttered faintly while raising his right-hand up and the golden-armor around his body reverted back into the form of a golden bracelet.

A few seconds later Lin raised his head and looked towards Milo'nor before saying : "I've never thought about giving it a name before to be honest.

"But, after hearing senior Kamen'dir I got to learn about the difference between a normal spirit-tool and a life-bound tool.

"It got me thinking about how I must keep it close to me in the future, no matter what the future unfolds... 'I've got to keep it absolutely safe' I thought.

"A lifelong companion deserves a name." The air about the great-sage suddenly shifted and those who got to see him during that moment were confused by his attitude, despite seeing him seemingly talking to an inanimate object with such depth and concentration in all seriousness should've brought ridicule to the kid.

Yet... none of them was laughing or even amused at all.

The elven senior squinted his eyes when he saw it, had someone looked at the old elf then they would've noticed a clear shadow of surprise and... disbelief!

Lin : "I name you... first-light."

*Vzzt... whoosh... crackle...*

Once the boy uttered the name which he bestowed to his life-bound tool, the audience were startled by the following incident to the degree where they lost themselves while watching it happen.

Not a single word was said but their eyes kept widening and their lower-jaws hanged downwards like loose ribbons!

*****

Zae'nor : "T-this..." Even the elven-king was having trouble keeping his emotions in check.

Ela'nor : "One, two, three... n-nine! No there's still more." After a short pause where she struggled to maintain her composure, the elven-queen said : "I-is that... chaos-intent? No it's lighter, feels a lot different... I see! That's a combination of a pair of extremely strong intents. Seems like destruction and creation... what an ingenious way to fuse them!" The mature-beauty was even more stunning and captivating when she's shocked.

Ena'dir : "When I was visiting mercenary-city with the princess I was told that this kid does have multiple types of weapon-intents, but Xing Zhiqiang isn't the talkative sort of person and Dailong was pulled into the mess of talking Lanying out of killing that beast-tamer friend of his." The pair of hazel-blue eyes of that sun-elf were almost penetrative when he looked towards the great-sage, "All I got to know about the boy was mostly how he performed during the challenges and how he once unleashed his paragon-will during one of these challenges."

Mela'nor : "Indeed. These mercenaries were singing praise of this kid, bragging a bit too much about how he's able to use only his soul-cultivation yet being more than capable of sweeping away all sorts of competition in the younger-generation." The elven-princess frowned slightly before continuing to say : "I hate to admit it but I couldn't refuse their claims when they said that nobody has seen this boy actually being a hundred-percent serious against his opponents, rumors has it that the closest to being serious was when he competed in speed with one of the commanders of sky-queen Hongtian.

"Despite being short, during that single exchange this boy was able to escape one of her signature moves unscathed without a single injury in spite of being deep within the reach of her technique.

"A spirit-apprentice going head-to-head against a bird-lord in a competition of speed is amazing enough already, he kept eluding that commander for more than fifteen-minutes after that clash and that Lantian left afterwards while being fully convinced of her inferiority!"

Once the princess stopped talking she saw her father looking towards her and smiling, the elven-king shook his head and pointed towards the sparring-area where the boy is and said : "Me and your mother are already aware of all that and more about the kid ever since the holy-envoy took him to the sacred-area.

"But that's not what's surprising us here."

"Mhmm." The elven-queen nodded in all seriousness once she heard her husband, an action that confused her daughter and the supreme-commander.

The elven-princess deeply frowned once she heard her parents but the sun-elf beat her to in when he asked : "Is there more?"

Zae'nor : "Indeed."

Ela'nor : "None of you is in possession of an inheritance-tool, that's why you're not able to sense it as clearly as we do."

Her husband nodded and said immediately afterwards to finish her words : "But I'm sure that your father is the one who noticed it first before me and Ela'nor since he's carrying "that" on him all the time."

However, these words scattered some confusions from those who heard their king before adding even more doubt about what he really meant by what he said.

Yet, before the princess or the sun-elf got to ask anything they heard a booming sound coming from the sparring-area and they all twisted their necks to check what's going over there.

*****

"Get back!" The elven senior suddenly shouted these words towards the juniors around him before taking a step forward and vanishing.

Next time he appeared the old elf was standing right in front of the young-prince and shielding him with his body!

The elves in the audience felt a burst of gentle wind gently carry them away from the human kid, right before they could fully comprehend what happened... some spirit-formation was activated around the boy!

Most of those within the audience either thought this boy was trying to do something to harm the prince and that's why senior Kamen'dir reacted this way, or... for some reason this old elf suddenly decided to turn on this junior.

*Bang!...*

A cloud of lightening, wind, and crimson flames struck the borders of that formation and the sound was followed by waves rippling through the spirit-formation!

Just the sight of a formation created by that old monster being affected to this degree all of a sudden made the elves widen the distance once again.

'It really is what I thought it was going to be. Now the question remains... is he really going to be able to make it surface?' Kamen'dir thought to himself while making a few more seals with his shriveled hands, the dexterity at which his thin and wrinkly fingers were capable of forming these complicated seals drew the boy's attention towards him.

Lin on the other hand seemed relieved that whatever that's happening right now to his life-bound tool was contained by that old elf, since nobody is hurt... then he can finally let go of his worries and give that golden bracelet what it wants.

The boy let go of his life-bound tool and it levitated above his head, he sensed how it was absorbing his soul-force albeit faintly and moderately in a harmless way.

Once first-light was in position... his weapon-intents took action and scattered from his body!

Fire, earth, gold, water, and wood-intents were circling him around his feet, they seemed like little children chasing one another.

Light, darkness, wind, and lightning-intents were positioned around his thighs, the four of them were circling in the opposite direction and absorbing the five-colored strands from the ones below them.

Destruction and creation were stationary next to his shoulders where destruction is left and creation is right, these two absorbed four-colored strands from the ones below them too.

Each globe of intent sent a strand towards the great-sage's neck.

One passing from the back and one from the front until they reached his throat and upper bone of his spine where they began to circle upwards, the swirling motion continued until they reached his forehead.

Lin could sense the searing heat of his qi-vitality when it began to wildly gallop within his acupoints as if to complain about being left-out from the ongoing action!

The aura emanating from his body condensed around his head then kept being amassed and accumulate right in front of his glabella until it formed a miniature platform for the strongest pair of intents.

Immediately afterwards these two intents resumed their chase on that perfectly accommodating track and weren't interrupted in the least when a focused beam of soul-force was directed to the platform.

'Paragon-will... that's some insane pressure you've got there, it's certain to give any of these juniors a lifetime's worth of trouble.' Kamen'dir squinted his eyes while enduring the effect of Lin's will.

The thoughts of that elven senior didn't get to solidify within his mind before a glaring violet-golden light blinded his eyes, once he reacted and protected himself with a film of his own spirit-energy... he witnessed the human boy raising his hands and feeding that perfect-fusion of soul-force, weapon-intent, and qi-vitality some of his light-energy!

'Can he also manifest his hegem-' Yet his thoughts were cut short when a qi-image of a three-headed and six-armed fiend appeared behind the kid.

Had that been all then this old elf would've been able to accept it.

However, what happened next made him, his son, the prince and princess, the king and queen plus all those elves hidden from sight shocked beyond doubt.

To be fair... it left them speechless for quite a while.

5