Gotta Go Fast
375 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Yuuki's ability is tremendously boosted by the Leviathan Dagger. In a sense, it is what his survival relies on.)

Sensing 11 presences outside of the cave with his newly enhanced Perception, Yuuki understood that all of those Beasts were 100% B-Rank and they may have been led by an A-Rank.

Walking towards the entrance, he clutched the Leviathan Dagger in his hand as he slowly approached the presences.

Hit by the cold air, Yuuki did not feel any of the chill as he held the Leviathan Dagger in his hand, he had his other dagger with him still, even though it was barely useful against D-Ranks not to mention B-Ranks.

Slowly identifying each of the Beasts here as bears, Yuuki felt no need to tame any of them and decided to try and scare them off as he could not beat them in terms of Strength.

[ Chilly Grizzly | B-Rank ]

3000HP

Not seeing anything else after he used the System to scan them, Yuuki gained their attention because he had fully exited the cave. Feeling all of the eyes on him, Yuuki felt severely impacted as they radiated intense bloodlust.

Though he knew there was a chance he could win, it would be at the cost of an arm and a leg, literally. Coming out of this situation without a scratch was the same luck that a snowball had in Hell of surviving.

Cold steel sliced through the air as he made the first move towards the bear further to the left side.

The bears' speed was greater than his, but not by much, and it responded to his stab with a slice of its razor-sharp claws, drawing streaks of blood from him.

Learning his lesson, Yuuki activated Speed Burst and started sprinting towards the bear next to him. Managing to slice open its left hind leg, Yuuki knew he just had to deal with the bears' hind legs, and then he could ultimately defeat them if he was lucky.

Perceiving a bite coming at him from behind, Yuuki dropped, rolled, and booted the bear in its behind which caused it to crunch the arse of the bear who's hind leg was sliced.

"Grrrrr!"

Taking the opportunity, the Leviathan Dagger easily cut through the flesh and cut both tendons in a single slash.

Multiple bears ran at him now, two from each side and one in front and back.

Delicately moving, Yuuki forced the bears behind and in front to collide.

Activating Stealth for 200 Mana, Yuuki spent 10 extra Mana for every second he spent in Stealth.

(A/N- I know that originally Stealth was meant to cost just 10 Mana per second, however, that ruins it and now Yuuki has to decide whether or not if it is worth it to use the 200 Mana in battle and then the 10 Mana per second afterward.)

Slicing through four tendons, Stealth de-activated and Yuuki revealed himself to the bears again who suddenly turned towards a certain direction and backed away from him and lined up whilst the ones with sliced tendons rolled over.

From the snowfall, a humanoid slowly made its way towards Yuuki. Every footstep causing the surrounding ground to rumble as it struggled to support the humanoid's weight.

A horrifying face stained with crimson blood still dripping off of its chin appeared through the snow, it looked towards Yuuki as it smiled with a murderous aura locking onto him and its body of epic proportions appearing.

[ Blood Sucking Yeti | A-Rank ]

13,069 HP

Previously, fighting the Bears was tough already. Now, he had to fight this gargantuan Beast?

Doubting himself for a second, Yuuki shook his head as he resisted the bloodlust which eroded his confidence rapidly and stood straight as he locked his gaze onto the Yeti's and attempted to calm his rapid heart as adrenaline-fueled, Yuuki activated Stealth.

Disappearing from the Yeti's sight, Yuuki managed to make it stomp its foot around the area which was where he was approaching it from and almost killed him instantly. Sweating intensely, he scrambled towards a tree and climbed it with not-so-nimble movements before leaping towards the Beasts neck.

Met with a huge hand instead, Yuuki's left arm was gripped and crushed as the Yeti launched him onto the ground but did not break anything else as the snow cushioned his fall as it was a couple of inches thick.

"How did it see me?"

{It did not see you, you were 100% going to attack from behind after you disappeared, it preemptively struck out at you and successfully anticipated your attack after the tree you climbed was the only one which swayed.]

"Agh!" Feeling his entire left arm stinging, Yuuki could not feel the pain as adrenaline was still pouring through his veins and numbed his pain.

Feeling the condescending look of the Yeti, Yuuki activated Stealth once more and threw his other dagger towards the tree behind the Yeti.

White snow lifted into the air as the Beast effortlessly twirled around to smack where Yuuki should've been, but he already knew the same trick would not work twice so he improvised by throwing the Dagger.

Yuuki's hand gripped onto the Leviathan Dagger as he sliced through the tendon of the Yeti easily and pierced its other leg before it fell onto its knees and threw him off accidentally.

Blood dripped onto the floor from his broken arm and his wound from the bears.

Slowly getting back up as the adrenaline began to wear off, Yuuki could feel the stinging become a pinching as his face twitched in pain.

Frowning, Yuuki realized the Yeti was covered in an aura which was the same color as the Leviathan Dagger's blade.

[ Frozen ] applied to [ Blood Sucking Yeti ] due to an increase in User's intelligence, the decrease in speed has become 7% whilst the decrease in defense has become 12%.

Ice appeared on the Leviathan Dagger as Yuuki saw the effect that happened as he had sliced through many tendons now in hopes of winning.

Grabbing a large tree, the Yeti smashed the tree into the ground where Yuuki was a moment ago.

The Yeti used it as a conduit for its power as the tree glowed with a pale-white light and the next time it smashed the tree into the ground, Yuuki was surprised by a shockwave of ice which caught him by his foot and froze it immediately.

Yuuki gritted his teeth as the pain was getting to him.

From pain, Yuuki became full of anger extremely easily as the pain was not the only factor contributing to his anger. There was dissatisfaction from the way the Yeti looked down on him, there was frustration from his weakness, these combined with the pain to create pure Wrath.

Forgetting about the difference in strength, Yuuki bent his remaining foot and squatted down before launching himself into the Yeti's face as his dagger repeatedly stabbed its eyes.

The Yeti could not grab him as it was blinded in both eyes now and Yuuki was maneuvering from his dagger stabbed into the Beasts forehead and he relied on centrifugal force to spin over its attempts to catch him.

[ Frozen ] applied to [ Blood Sucking Yeti ]

[ Frozen ] applied to [ Blood Sucking Yeti ]

[ Frozen ] applied to [ Blood Sucking Yeti ]

[ Frozen ] applied to [ Blood Sucking Yeti ]

Repeatedly stacking up the [ Frozen ] effect, Yuuki reduced the defense of the Beast so far that as Yuuki's dagger met the Beasts' heart, it died instantly.

< Quest Page >

- The best kind of Power is gained during Life and Death situations.

Goal:

- Kill the A-Rank Boss with the strength of a C-Rank Hunter.

- Cannot be aided by Beast (Chad)

\ Rewards /

- 1x Greater Lucky Spin

- Loot Box (A-Rank)

- 100 System Points

{You have completed the Quest and can go home now, have a good rest Yuuki, you deserve it.}

Closing his eyes, Yuuki suddenly heard the flashes of many cameras but blacked out before he could understand the situation.

---

"Is this patient Yuuki Satoshi's room?" Knocking on the door, a Doctor appeared.

It had been a few days since the Red Gate incident and Yuuki was forced to stay in the Hospital.

After he killed the boss it seemed that Hina used the Greater Lucky Spin which resulted in a skill being unlocked.

[ Longevity ] (SS)

- Gain immunity to all status effects, poisons, and diseases.

- Explosively boosts healing speed whilst sleeping

Needless to say, Yuuki was able to recover entirely after he slept and his broken body parts were better but still slightly damaged. Completing the Daily Quest allowed him to easily recover the rest.

It had been a day since he woke up after sleeping for four days straight, the Doctors said that he had appeared to have exhausted himself mentally and was on the verge of death from blood loss but he managed to inhumanely recover but they were surprised even more when they found out he was only an E-Rank Hunter.

Turning to the Doctor, Yuuki had just finished his Daily Quest and closed the System to listen to the Doctor.

"It's about your sister. She has fallen into a coma..."

14