An Innate Ability?
252 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{I... The System gave me some information regarding your Beast Taming skill.} Hearing Hina, he let her speak as he knew that the information he would receive would be beneficial as it was regarding the one Skill where the origins were unknown. All of the others came from places he was aware of whilst Beast Taming appeared when the System did.

{When the System was attached to you at first, it detected the Soul Seal and spent 24 hours to unseal your Soul. It seemed that the effects of the Soul Awakening when you were in the trap were linked to the origin of your Beast Taming as both only appeared after the Soul Seal was removed, correct?}

"Yeah, continue..."

{Beast Taming is one of the many locked Innate Abilities within you. Coincidentally, it was the first unlocked out of the multitudes of skills attached to your Soul. Strangely, the Mark of Reincarnation is not present on you either, which is essentially the proof of well, Reincarnation. The Mark of Reincarnation does not do anything nor does it give away someone's identity. Anyway, without a Mark of Reincarnation, you must be a newborn Soul.}

"I'm assuming that [ Slaughterous Steps ] was another innate ability which was awoken right?" Curiously listening and learning new things about himself, Yuuki was mystified by the secrets hidden inside of him.

{Yes, other than that, the only thing left to say is that the Innate Skills are awoken in different ways according to both the effect of the Skill and its Elemental Attribution. These Skills even if they are a D-Rank are nothing to laugh at. Let's hope more get unlocked in the future as you gain more power.}

Hopefully seeing a future in which his power was limitless, Yuuki confidently smiled as he took out a Key from the [ Inventory ] looking at the description, Yuuki decided to use it after receiving it as a reward for surviving in the trap.

[ Coliseum Key ]

- Upon use, the user enters the Coliseum

- Inside the Coliseum, waves of enemies appear Starting at E-Rank and ending at S-Rank (If the user is strong enough anyway.)

- Defeating a Wave grants 5 Stat Points and every 3 Waves cleared grants 1 Skill Point

- Upon completion, User receives 25 Stat Points, 5 Skill Points, and 1 S-Rank Skill (System Graded Skills are universal so S-Rank in a low-level world is overwhelmingly better than the best S-Rank skill in that world.)

- To use, simply put the key into a lock and twist the key before opening the door and entering the Coliseum. (Uses are limited to once per day until completion, upon which, the Key becomes useless.

---

Shortly after, Yuuki appeared in a Coliseum and instantly the deafening roars of the crowd entered his ears, almost disintegrating his eardrums simultaneously.

Seeing that he had donned a Gladiator's outfit, Yuuki saw a weapon rack appear and rather than taking any of them, Yuuki decided to try and use his brute strength as he relied too much on the Leviathan Dagger and if he lost it in the future, he would become useless against strong enemies. These were the reasons why Yuuki looked at the man who announced things in a strange language with his soft voice which was supremely loud and shook his head as he pointed at the weapons, instead, lifting his fists and preparing himself, Yuuki felt ridicule directed towards him but he was used to that as he was the Weakest Hunter at one point in his life.

Sounding like a gong, a heavy deep sound reverberated around the Coliseum and the deafening crowd who seemed to be still screaming their lungs off were silenced. At least, that's what it seemed to be.

Gates opened and many ferocious-looking canines entered the Coliseum and Yuuki knew they were only E-Rank but they contained a presence, unlike the ones he was used to.

"Shouldn't they be extraordinarily weak compared to me? Why do they seem like threats?" Confused, Yuuki shook his head and realized his connection to the System and Hina were cut off temporarily.

Three-fourths of the coliseum was filled to the brim by the ferocious canines and Yuuki breathed deeply and calmed himself before the gong-like sound echoed again. An amazing pressure forced the air around him to freeze as Yuuki coated both hands with Gauntlets of Ice.

"Well, I still have my Mana at least."

Charging at him from every direction, [ Slaughterous Steps ] and [ Flash Step ] were both activated as Yuuki smashed two canines simultaneously bursting their brains and coating the surroundings with blood that seemed to trigger something within the canines as their amber eyes grew increasingly red with every second that passed by.

Disappearing and flickering with every step, Yuuki was able to easily deal with the slower enemies that were more powerful than he thought. They were reaching the Ranks of C-Rank easily with just the force he could understand was within their bites.

Slowly smashing them into pieces, Yuuki felt a little bit of energy entered him as over half of them were now dead. Soon, his joy turned into frustration as the canines' skin grew red whilst their eyes practically released crimson rays that could pierce every part of his body and destroy him. Though he felt like their strength collectively increased, he found it took more strength and effort to dodge the attacks, and for now, while he had not been hit once, he was slowing down whilst the canines were speeding up.

Yuuki felt his muscle strength fade over time as the first canine bit him. His left thigh became a bloody mess as a crimson stream profusely poured out whilst the pain reminded him to take everything seriously. Not enough to disturb him however, he continued.

Corpses littered the ground and whilst the 50% increase in speed from [ Slaughterous Steps ] and the evasiveness of [ Flash Step ] provided Yuuki with more speed and efficiency, the cost was Mana.

Previously adorning his hands with Icy Gauntlets, Yuuki now bluntly used his bare knuckles to fight against the swarm of canines and eventually managed to beat the last one at the cost of his right calf being eviscerated.

Shortly after, Yuuki saw a panel appear.

< Rewards >

+5 Stat Points

Accepting them and keeping them for later, Yuuki now had 48 stocked up and was ready to pump up his Stats evenly once he got out of the Coliseum as he wanted to see his current limits.

The next wave entered...

---

Coming back into his room, Yuuki felt nothing on his body and went to go get a drink but suddenly, the exhaustion kicked in and a dull pain spread throughout his body instantly, because of this, he collapsed right after taking a step out of his door and onto Hana who was about to knock on his door.

10