The Calm before the literal Storm
127 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Jin-Woo... remove your Soldier from my shadow, please. Along with all of the others if you will." Turning to Jin-Woo who had a curious expression on his face, Yuuki spoke two sentences before turning and leaving the area.

"Chairman, I'll join the Raid."

- The day of the Raid -

On the coasts of China, Taiwan, and near the coast of Jeju Island were a numerous amount of Destroyer ships. Along with 12 Frigates, and another Destroyer at the north of Jeju Island.

These ships were covered with higher-ranked Hunters.

Towards the South of Korea, many Hunters were together after the Association had requested them to. This was because even if the Raid was successful then they did not want the surviving Ants to be able to infiltrate and attack the mainland.

Inside of a Chinook Helicopter, the Raid Team were conversing as they approached.

"I'm the cameraman from the official Hunter's Reporting Center. Just like the name implies, I'm someone who specializes in filming Hunters. This Raid will be broadcasted on TV but you don't need to worry about mistakes as there is a ten-second delay in which things can be edited out." Saying this as he shook hands with Baek Yoon-Ho, the reporter introduced himself.

"I can't believe that a cameraman was sent to such a dangerous place. What is Chairman Go Gun-Hee thinking?"

Beside him, Ma Dong-Wook was sat and spoke his mind. "Well, we must protect people as Hunters. Anyway, Mr. cameraman, your life is in your hands." He said smilingly.

"Don't worry about it, I know but though I look like this, I am an A-Rank Hunter!" Saying so as he patted the sword by his side, his words were quite surprising to the others.

Though many Hunters awoke and found themselves highly ranked, they don't find the Hunters' lives as enjoyable. They find they are not suitable for the high-risk high-reward style of life they would live by raiding Gates all the time. Eventually, they opt for the life of a civilian. This cameraman was one of those.

"Being a Hunter is my side-job." Looking down, he continued. "This won't be the first time that I am filming something from dangerous circumstances. I've gotten into many sticky situations when I was filming in Dungeons.

"Although, no situation can probably compare to the place we're going." The cameraman limbs shook.

Lifting his head as he was leaning against the seat, Yuuki groaned softly before he assured the cameraman's safety.

"The same goes for all of you, no matter the situation, I will be fast enough to get you out of it. Fight without fear and trust that no harm will come onto you. I came to guarantee the success of the Raid." Sweeping his gaze over all of the Hunters within his vicinity, he managed to make them all believe his words as the firmness and resolution within his eyes were visible to all. Once he said his part, he leaned his head back and closed his eyes again.

"You know, I'm surprised you came, Byung-Goo." Baek Yoon-Ho turned to the man wearing pastel-green colored armor. This man was a retired S-Rank Hunter.

"It's because I know that you will most likely be the first one to die if I wasn't there to heal you. You're the type to run in first, that's why."

Making a shocked face, Baek Yoon-Ho exclaimed. "Why the hell would I just run in head-first?!" The two's antics lightened the mood and made everyone smile.

Cha Hae In looked at Yuuki's face for a while before turning away when his eyes opened and they made eye-contact.

"It's starting..."

---

Goto Ryuji was with Akari Shimizu and Hoshino Minoru the ginger-haired guy. Currently, they were in the Upper-district of Jeju Island with some Ant corpses in front of them.

"This place is like a ghost town."

Looking at the carcasses, bite marks were all over.

'Did they start to eat each other? There must be a predator among them.'

"This is A-Alpha. Respond in order."

"B-Bravo, over."

"C-Charlie, over."

"D-Delta, over."

"Everyone... release it now."

After Goto's words after the Delta Squad reported, their hidden Mana exploded outwards revealing it all. Their cloak was taken off and they unleashed the entirety of it which symbolized the start of their attack.

"That felt like some enormous Magical impact!" Baek Yoon-Ho exclaimed whilst Choi Jong-In calmly referenced it with the start of the Japanese Assault.

Ants swarmed out of the massive hole in the middle of the island and they split into four directions which were the result of the Japanese releasing their Mana in four places. Their tactic worked.

As they flew towards their helicopter, they opened the rear as they were at a height where the air wouldn't get sucked out and Choi Jong-In stood there with his crimson cloak fluttering around him.

"Let me help." Standing up, Yuuki walked to his side as he looked at the Ants approaching with a calm gaze.

Forming Fire Spears, Choi Jong-In sent them forward whilst Yuuki masterfully controlled the Wind Element and closed the Ants in until they were directly in the path of the spears which allowed them to pierce through the Ants as Yuuki's Aura affected Choi Jong-In and strengthened him by 25% whilst the Ants were weakened by 30% which made his Magic 55% more effective against the Ants.

"Is this strengthening coming from you?" Looking towards Yuuki as his Magic was not expected to be able to pierce through the evolved Ants, Choi Jong-In was able to enjoy the feeling of destroying them easily, even with Yuuki's buffs, however, it was not enough for him.

"Yeah." Saying nothing more, Yuuki jumped down as he waved his hand.

[ Conduction ] a spell best used against many enemies of similar strength level. It sent a lightning bolt coursing through the enemies and destroyed them from inside. As the name suggested, it functioned similarly to [ Blink ] as the attack jumped from target to target.

With Lightning speed, the Ants at the bottom were destroyed by one giant beam of lightning that crackled wildly as it destroyed the bodies not even leaving ashes.

"It's safe to land now." Jumping down, Yuuki effortlessly landed and bent his knees as he touched the ground. A small crater formed around him but he stretched leisurely as he waited for the rest of them to come down.

"Our plan is much similar to our previous attempts. We could end up getting stuck inside the Ant cave and perish."

Landing on the ground after jumping down after Yuuki did, the Hunters walked towards the entrance.

"The Japenese Hunters will only be able to give us an hour as they grab the Ant aggro. Within this time, we have to go through the cave, find the queen, and kill the queen. Just be prepared for anything. Even if you aren't I will guarantee your safety.

"Let's get going..."

7