Chapter-8 Familiar Faces
163 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Rayne begins to roll on the ground being in pain a notification pops up in front of him .

[Quest marker has been added in Map]

Rayne doesn't look at it and stands up even though he is in desperate need of an ice pack .

“Man what's with that girl sheesh , from when did she become like that , bullying others and now…..oof it hurts , it hurts…” ,

Thinking this he begins to look for Maria , he looks left and right , up at the roofs and even under the garbage cans but doesn't find her , suddenly he remembers about the notification and opens the Map .

“I'm an idiot…” ,

He says while looking at the Map , a blue colored small circle is walking away from where he is standing , he follows the small circle and when he reaches a left turn a guy maybe the same age as him steps towards him .

With his long straight black hair and a face which is almost of a 15 year old it will be difficult for people to actually understand that he might be actually a 5 years old , his eyes were green , almost as if shining emeralds have been put into them , and his clothes were like a fusion between a kimono and a blue t-shirt , looking at him Rayne himself was pretty jealous as his looks didn't match as much as that guy's but also he was pretty surprised to see that a 5 year old can be this handsome .

“So you are that asshole….”

That guy says .

“wha….what ? Do I know you ?”

Rayne says .

“How could you do that ? To a blooming flower like Goddess Liliana , you……you must have devasted her by……no…no…no I can't even think that that's so gross , just how could you….”

As soon as Rayne listens to what he said his expression towards him totally moved from a good side to a different one ,

“This guy's a dumbass”

He thinks .

“Wha….wha….what ? I didn't do anything what are you saying ?”

“Don't lie my Goddess Liliana told me everything about you….you filthy pervert…..you…..you took Goddess Liliana from me!!!!”

“What ? I don't even know who you are ?”

“Ohh you will…” 

The guy says while unsheathing his katana and pointing it towards Rayne while Rayne starts speaking .

“Wait wait ahhh I think there is some misunderstanding here because I don't even know you and I don't even know what you think I did and I'm pretty sure whatever you think I did , I didn't actually do it…”

The guy didn't even listen to Rayne as he rushed towards him and jumps ,

“Force push” 

“Youuuuuu liiiiiiiittlleeeee , I'll cooomeee baaaack….”

The guy blasted up over a house as he was no match for Rayne who was already at the max level of his class , Rayne begins to look for Maria once again .

“Where did she go ? The Map says she is here…..”

(As he looks for Maria on the other side from where he is)

“Oof these three beasts are very dangerous you know…”

A guy in a horse cart says to a guard who is walking with him , maybe guarding him as well .

“Yeah you are right but the alchemist from the Order of Burning Star specifically ordered these alive , man I don't even know what's he gonna do with them , even though they're beasts but still they are living creature just like us and you know last time when he ordered some beasts they were all killed on the next day and I even heard there bodies were in a very bad condition too .”

“sheeesh , but ohh well our job is to give them to that guy and we'll be paid so as long as that doesn't hurt us why do we care…”

As those two were talking another person in black robes was looking at the cart , that person points a finger at the cart and a small ball of mana begins to form around it and in a second the ball of Mana flies and hits the lock behind the cart which makes a blast with lot of sound and 3 small boxes made out of metal comes out of the cart , with a blink of an eye the person shoots 3 more balls of Mana at the boxes and all the boxes breaks apart , as soon as the boxes breaks apart energy begins to come out of those and soon the energy takes the form of 3 giant beasts .

“Holy shit!!! The beasts are out but how did the explosion happend ?”

Says the guard 

“Who cares just go get the hell outta here…”

The Cartman runs away saying that .

Back at where Rayne is he still haven't found Maria , he walks out from a narrow lane and reaches a place filled with small shops , people are bustling in and out .

“Where did she go ? This place is huge….”

As he was thinking that a loud voice begins talking ,

“The Soulforce Test will begin in 5 minutes all those who wants to participate may come to the Hall of Novera .”

“Ohh crap I completely forgot about the test , oof but I have to find Maria too and where is this Hall of Novera anyway.”

As he was thinking several little boys and girls begins to run , seeing that Rayne begins to run behind them as well thinking maybe they can tell him , but before he could even reach the place commotion broke out on the middle of road and people begins to run .

“Run for your lives 3 beasts have been loose , run if you wanna live.”

A random guy runs while shouting ,

“Beast ? In a city like this ? That's so uncommon……”

Before he could even complete his sentence a voice begins to emerge from behind .

“Waaaaaaahhhhhhh wtf who let the beasts out….”

The same guy Rayne met before is running towards him .

“What ? What is that dumbass doi….”

As he was saying he saw a beast which looked like a huge rhino with 3 horns and spikes all over it's back is chasing the guy .

“Woa….woa…woahhh wtf with that guy !”

Rayne screams with a panicky face while starting to run , soon the guy saw Rayne .

“You!!! I've found you , this time I'm gonna kill you…”

While running side by side he let's out his katana again .

“Hey hey hey I think we have a much bigger problem behind our asses now…”

“Huh ? Ohh yeah it seems you are right .”

The guy sheaths his katana .

“Hey listen we can't always run or eventually it will catch up to us , we have to think about something or else….”

Without even letting Rayne finish the guy screams .

“We ? Why are you saying we ? When did we team up ?”

The guy says with a suspicious look on his face .

“You moron what do you think we can just run ? If it catches us we will both die so we have to work together…..”

“Tsk  working with the enemy huh well if the situation calls for it a warrior should do what he should do . What you have a plan ?”

“A plan ? Well for now u jump left I'll jump right and try to go behind it . Go!!”

As soon as Rayne said that both of them jumped on both sides and started running behind the beast , the beast suddenly stops and looks behind , they were on a bridge while under it there were some rags and clothes laying around , maybe it was the place where they clean clothes , as the beast looks at them it's eyes started burning with anger , it seems it will kill no matter who comes to his sight .

“Pant….pant….pant hey look I think….”

Without letting Rayne finish the guy unsheaths his katana and soon enough small twisters begins to form around him .

“I am Jade Storm , if you filthy beast think that you can kill a Storm this easily then you're mistaking , come , Blade of Tornado”

As soon as he says that air begins to form around his katana and in just a second he slashes towards the beast as a little tornado forms and hits the beast .

“Huh , no beast can stand before me.”

As jade says that the tornado begins to slow down and the beast becomes even more angry .

“Hey moron look what you did now it's even more angrier.”

Rayne shouts at Jade .

“wha…what! I mean yeah that can also happen sometimes . But at a situation like this there is always that option .”

“Ohh you have a plan huh ? Great what is it ?”

“Run of course or else what ?”

Saying that he quickly sheaths his sword and tries to run , but Rayne holds his shirt .

“Where do you think you're going you fucking idiot…”

But as they were busy the beast began to form a ball of electricity in front of it and it shoots it at both of them .

“Shit!!”

Looking at that Rayne was stunned but before the ball of electricity could even hit with a push he fell down from the bridge , as he looks up he sees jade pushing him and as soon as he saw his face some moments of him playing Symphonia Online came right in front of his eyes , he sees he was doing quests while talking , talking with his only real friend who he met on that same game , Lui Baton , from his childhood he never had anyone who he could call friend well except some people and one of those people was Lui , they used to meet each other in the arcade as kids and when they grew up Lui had to go out of town because of his parents but they were still connected through Symphonia Online .

Both of them fell on rags so no one was injured but Rayne begins to feel weird as if something is touching his lips , something soft ? As he opened his eyes what he saw made Rayne's face look like he had seen a ghost , his lips were touching Jade's , with a jolt he pushes him and begins to vomit .

“waaaaaaagggghhhhhhhhh (Heavy puking noises) whyyyyyyy juuuust whyyyyyyyy God why didn't you kill me before this whyyyyyyyy , Myyyyyyy first kiss can not be with a guy more over this shitty moron……uggghhhhhhhh(Massive puking noises)”

As Rayne couldn't stop puking Jade was unconscious as if he was totally afraid of something and passed out but suddenly a surge of memories came through his mind and he regained his consciousness and sits up .

“Wha…..what ? Ugggh this headache ?”

As he sits up Rayne sees that and he couldn't stop his anger and punches him on his nose and says .

“You fucking moron , and you say I'm a pervert you shitty perverted creep .”

As Rayne says that tears fall of his eyes as he was expecting to have his first kiss from a cute little girl with red hair and a cute face .

“Ouuuuch!! Huh!! Wrex ?”

As soon as these words came out of Jade's mouth Rayne's face turned from looking like a crying baby to a baby who have just found his Mom and Dad after being lost in a mall .

“what….what did you just said ?”

“You are Wrex right ?”

“He…hehe…hehehe yeah I am you remember me , Lui it's me Wrex but….but how do you remember ?”

“Hehe I knew it but I dunno , when we fell off the bridge something happened and….and suddenly all those memories of us playing games came into my mind and I remember everything. But what just happened ?”

“Wait so that means the kiss…..”

“whaaaat!!!! Who...who kissed me ?”

“No…nobody…”

“Ohh then…the….”

“You kissed me you pervert .”

Rayne says with a face that shows disgust .

“Huh!!!”

Jade's face became pale as if something which is very precious of him has been taken away from him .

“Noooooooooooo waaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhhh (Immense puking noises) whyyyyyy juuusssst whyyyyyyy don't tell me I'm a…….”

“Shuuut up u idiot or that will attract the beast .”

“Aaaggghhhh I don't feel so good my stomach hurts what have I done , how can this be , my dream of having a girlfriend to whome I'll kiss for hours and hours have been broken in just a second howwwww……”

As he says that his eyes begins to close .

“Hey bruh don't die on me….”

“Swoooaaak”

A sharp feather jabbed on a shirt which was laying right beside Rayne .

“Huh ?”

Rayne looks up where another beast with wings and sharp claws and a long beak flies over their head .

“Shit bro wake up or we both gonna die”

Rayne shakes Jade as foam comes from his mouth but he soon regains consciousness .

“Huh ? Holy shit get heck outta here come on…”

Jade stands up and begins to run .

“Where's your warrior talk now huh ? You little .”

Rayne thinks with a disappointed face and begins to run as well .

“Yo you can still fight right you have a plan to kill that shit ?”

As Rayne asks Jade looks at him and says .

“I'm from the Storm family , in this world which is known for ages to fight with wind element I know some skills but that is at least a Ruby ranked beast I don't think we can kill it .”

“No we can look it's injured it's wing is bleeding maybe some guard injured it and if we can cut off the wing some how then…”

“Ok lemme try this then , just look at this , Slash of the Howling princess cut through everything in your path .”

As soon as Jade says that he moves behind and slashes towards the beast which was chasing them , a huge slash of air forms and hits the beast .

“Saaaaak swoooosh”

The beast's left wing cuts off in midair and blood begins to pour out from the cut .

“Woahhh it hit , man now that i remember who i really am it feels quite weird and unreal .”

“Yeah I used to feel like that as well .”

As they were talking the beast fell on the ground , it stands up and begins to screech .

“Chhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

“Man now what I cut the wing think of something now .”

“Don't worry I already have a pla…”

As Rayne was about to let out his sword the beast begins to screech once again and touches the ground , in just a second weird red tentacles begins to come out of it's back , 3…..5….10…..15 the numbers were increasing and just in a blink of an eye those tentacles drills through ground and appearing right in front of Rayne and Jade and grabs them swirling around them .

“What kind of fucking shit is this , how can a monster who can fly grow tentacles that doesn't make any sense at all….”

Jade shouts .

“How the fuck can I know that , this isn't any fucking online game man it's a real fantasy world .”

Rayne shouts .

Suddenly another tentacle comes out of the ground and it pierces through Jade's left leg .

“Agggghhhhb that son of a….”

Before even Jade could finish his sentence the beast begins to scream and suddenly a shadow which resembles the beast forms just in front of it and it begins to run towards the both of them raising it's shadowy sharp claws .

“Ahhhhhh we're gonna die , were gonna die , we're gonna dieeeee….”

Jade screams while the Shadow is just about to cut Rayne's small neck off his shoulders .

“Palm of the 12 sorrows”

A sweet voice of a girl which Rayne can remember easily emerged as Liliana jumps from behind those two and hits the Shadow in it's shadowy face while around her hand Fire is swirling .

“Booooommm!!!!”

“Lilianaaaa”

Both Rayne and Jade screamed with tears in there eyes and snort in there nose ,

“sigh…..and this have to be these two again.”

As soon as she says that the tentacle that was grabbing Jade let's loose , Jade falls on the ground while the tentacle grabs Liliana .

“Huh ? Waaaahhhhhh what is this nasty thing ?”

Liliana screams while Jade begins to think .

“Huhhhhh even her scream is so beautiful.”

As Rayne was right over Liliana he had an idea , he says 

“Hey moron stop daydreaming , this girl is a friend of mine too from the past life just like you , cut my tentacle so that I can make her remember faaaast .”

“Huh okay but how are you gonna do that ?”

Jade cuts the tentacle that was holding Rayne and Rayne falls on Liliana .

“What the fuck what are you doing you pervert , taking advantage of an innocent girl like me .”

As Liliana screams Rayne looks at her and says 

“I'm sorry Maria but this is the only way right now .”

Without wasting any time he kissed Liliana and the memories of her past life begins to flow on her mind . Rayne let's go of her and looks at her face which was beet red .

“Hey hey hey I didn't gave you the permission to do that !!!!!!! ”

Jade screams

“Wr…..Wrex ?”

She says being shy but suddenly with a jolt 

“Huh ? What the Fuck are you doing you pervert!!!!!!”

She hits on Rayne's balls once again .

“Not again!!!!! I think the other one cracked too….”

Rayne rolled on the ground in pain once again for the same reason but this time he had friends from his past who knows who he is…..

10