Chapter-15 Disciple
108 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Rayne and his friends go more and more deeper inside the prison , the path becomes narrower , soon darkness fills the whole path as the mana torches those were still lit for God knows how long stops appearing on every few steps , there is only one path that people can walk but it is so narrow that even breathing is getting harder .

“Man it's long , we need light , I don't believe these Mana torches in here , they look ancient .”

Jade says with low voice .

“Yeah I agree , I did bring some Mana torches with me but looking at this path I think that's not gonna be enough .”

Lily suddenly rustles around her bag and brings out a device which looks like as if 8 small batteries have been stuck togather and a weird plate like thing is stuck on them .

“Here it's something I bought today , I thought it look great but now I think it's gonna be very useful .”

Rayne and Jade looks at each other and says together ,

“Look great ?”

Soon Lily touches the bottom part of the device and suddenly the upper plate divides in 4 parts and slides backwards , a small ball of light forms over it , Lily touches the bottom part again and the plate regains it's previous form but the ball still floats , Lily grabs the ball and says .

“Hmm it's like a glass ball which is glowing , but it actually floats , we should hold onto it when we walk though , it only floats on a single place .”

They start walking again and soon reaches an open space more like a huge hall , but there is nothing except a door just across it , without thinking Rayne takes his first step and even in less than a second two blades come up from the ground from left and right and goes towards Rayne's feet , Lily seeing that grabs Rayne and pulls him backwards . The blade goes back to their previous places as Rayne says .

“Booby traps .”

“Pfffffff hahahahaha….”

Jade begins to laugh .

“What happened ?”

Lily asks .

“Hahahaha……Rayne said Booby , Hahaha....”

Rayne and Lily both looks at him with disappointed face .

“Stop joking around and think of something .”

Rayne begins to think and looks at the place where he stepped , there is some inscription there and on many places on the ground , just where the door is there is a lever on the wall . Looking at that Rayne smiles .

“You guys stay here I've got this .”

Saying that he changes his form and takes the ball from Lily , Lily makes another one to keep , Rayne starts walking towards the lever . As soon as he starts walking suddenly two knives from no where comes towards him , seeing that Lily screams .

“Rayne!!!”

But nothing happens as the knives go through him .

“This ethereal form is really something , I don't get hurt if I don't attack .”

Saying that he waves at Lily and Jade to tell them that he is okay . He starts walking but none of the traps touch him , he is almost there only 5 more steps and he will be there , but suddenly gravity all around him becomes way heavier than any other place .

“Uggghhhhh…..what the is this also…”

The gravity becomes so heavy that he lean ahead on his knee and his form suddenly goes out as if he had stopped it .

“Wait what….no if my form is gone then….”

All of a sudden 3 metalic spikes fall from the ceiling , seeing that in just a second without thinking Rayne uses his skill .

“Shadow Thermal Wave ”

A huge black mist of firey ball forms around him and blasts , shadow flames scatters everywhere , the wave was so strong that even Lily and Jade was feeling the pressure . The spikes couldn't fall as they were broken down . Little by little the gravity force is going down and Rayne can walk once again . He goes to the lever and looks at Lily and Jade , he pulls it and some mechanical sound begins to emerge for about 10 seconds then it stops . 

“Guys try walking here now but be careful .”

As Rayne shouts Lily and Jade looks at each other and steps ahead……..but nothing happens they start walking but nothing happens they soon reach the door .

“You okay right ?”

Lily asks .

“Hmm ? Yeah no problem , now let's open this door .”

Rayne says . And begins pushing the door .

“Man I can't wait for the treasure , just think how much money there's gonna be hehehe…..”

“Stop talking and help me out already .”

“Ohh yeah yeah .”

Both Rayne and Jade pushes the door and slowly it opens . Lily uses her device once again and creates 3 more light balls . The 3 of them walks inside but there is nothing except a big throne on where a skeleton is sitting .

“What the fuck!!!!! Why isn't there any gold or any……any chest to open , man this was a waste of time .”

Jade says with disappointed voice and bows down his head .

“This place is gross .”

Lily says once looking at the skeleton and looking back with sadness all over her face .

“Why……there is nothing in here , but why would the title say so……”

Rayne sits down on the floor and sighs but suddenly he notices a crack on the ground just near the skeleton . It wasn't a normal crack as it looked like something was shoved in the ground . Looking at that something just ticked inside Rayne's mind . He stands up and let's out his sword , he walks towards the skeleton and holds his sword with his two hands , with all his strength he shoves the sword in the crack on the ground .

“What happend ? Why did you just shoved your sword in the ground ?”

Jade asks .

“Sigh……I thought…….”

Just as Rayne's voice comes out of his mouth the entire room gets covered by a white light .

“Huh ? What happened ?”

Lily says .

“I…….I dunno .”

Rayne says 

“What the ?”

Jade says .

The whole room becomes white in where only Rayne , Lily , Jade and the skeleton can be seen , Rayne's sword is still stuck in the ground . Suddenly a heavy voice begins to speak .

“Huh ?…….What ?…….Who are you ?…….Who awakened me ?”

Listening to that everyone was scared but Rayne says with his trembling voice .

“It's…..It's me , I did .”

“Whooooo………you ? You are a child……..but how did you……get my sword .”

“Yo….your sword ? Wait………you are Artorius the wise king…..”

Rayne looks at the others and gives them the sign to bow down , looking at that both Lily and Jade bows down with Rayne .

“My king we are mere children who came here to return your sword after we found it .”

“Reaaaaallllyy  ?”

“Ye….yes my king , it's been a long time , maybe somehow your sword got stolen so we found it in a shop .”

“Oohhhh is that it ?”

“Yes my king .”

“You may look up then .”

As soon as Rayne listens to that he looks up and what he sees in front of him makes him confused . A figure of a handsome middle aged man with long white hair and a blue kimono is nose picking . The man stops and asks .

“So what's your name kid ?”

“I'm Rayne......Rayne Silver .”

“Hmmmm ohh well I don't care , now that you are here I'm gonna suck your mana out of you……hahahaha…..”

With a sinister look the the man begins to laugh .

“My…..my king please let these two go , do whatever you like with me……just let these two go , they didn't want to come here I brought them here…..”

Listening to that Lily looks at Rayne but she couldn't say anything in fear .

“Hmmm and why should I leave them be , you came here for me I mean the king right , so please me with your mana .”

“My king……please let them go please .”

“Huh ? Sheesh very well tell you what if you can be conscious for 5 second when I suck your Mana , your friends can go .”

Listening to that Lily couldn't stop herself and tries to say something ,

“I agree .”

“What ? No hey mister take my mana leave him be .”

The man looks at Lily and says .

“Hehehe……little missy the bet has been made and I'm a man of my word so shall I start ?”

Looking at that Jade shouts .

“Wait no you……”

“Shut up!!!!”

Rayne shouts before Jade could even complete his sentence , Jade knew that Mana was like life force of all living beings so if somehow all the Mana in someone gets sucked out , they will die , but Jade also never saw Rayne's face being so scared and angry at the same time , he had to stop talking .

“Now then let us start……”

As soon as the man says that he brings his right hand towards Rayne and all of a sudden both the man and Rayne appears in a totally dark place .

“Ohhhh crap not again , my SoulSea again ?”

Rayne says .

“Wait what ? Your SoulSea ? ”

The man says with a pathetic face . Suddenly a voice comes .

“Boyyyyy you came again ? Just how much………..Now who is this ? You know you can't just bring anyone here .”

“Well I don't know how he came in , honestly I don't even know how I came here all of a sudden .”

“Whatever , whoever this guy is just kick him out .”

“I dunno how to do that and be respectful to him he is king Art....”

Before even Rayne could complete , the man who was standing straight as if he had seen a ghost till then , suddenly screams .

“Ahhhhhh  ummmmm welllll you Kno kid I'll leave you too just get me out of here .”

“Huh ? Really ? Thanks my king .”

Bahamut suddenly talks again .

“King ? Who is he kid ?”

“He is king Artor.....”

Again without letting him finish the man says .

“Hey hey hey hey kid I said get me out of here if you don't I might change my mind .”

“Ohh okay King Artorius .”

“Wahhhh no no no no no not my name .”

The man screams with tears appearing in his eyes .

“Waiiit a minute……..you!!!!! You little……how dare you show me your filthy face you nasty perverted thief Artorius!!!!!!! Rayne come near me , he's a pervert .”

Rayne's face gets filled with confusion .

“Wha……what ? Ahhhh what's going on ?”

“He is a thief , he's no king all he did back then was sit in his crappy library and read nasty perverted shit .”

Suddenly the man starts talking as well.

“Hey that's a complete lie and my library was the best library of the world okay . And yeah I am a king , I'm the wise king , the king of knowledge , and who do you think you are calling me a pervert and thief huh ? All I did was take out some of your scales , now why would I care if it's your butt from where I took the scales ?”

“You dare remind me of that nasty incident I'll kill you Artorius .”

“Ahhhhh I mean……sorry”

Artorius bows his head down . But Rayne who was completely clueless of what was happening begins talking .

“Wait wait wait……what's going on ? You two know each other ?”

“Hmph this little pervert stole my scales from me long ago , I would have killed him that time if only I wasn't feeling that bad .”

Artorius says again .

“Hey you said I can ask anything as a reward for giving you the medicine so I took your scales , besides I needed them for my sword…..”

“Shut up .”

“Ahhhh….ummmm….”

Rayne looks at Artorius with disgust and says .

“Ew…”

Artorius's eyes were filled with tears 

“I'm not a pervert , I just needed some dragon scales at that time to make my sword . I never had a true disciple cut me some slack…”

As Artorius says with a cute voice making a cute face , Bahamut opens his mouth ,

“I'll kill you this time for sure arto….”

“Wait .”

Rayne stops Bahamut .

“You are the King of Knowledge right ?”

Artorius suddenly makes a proud posture .

“Of course I am , I'm skilled at magic , alchemy , cartography….”

“Then….”

As Rayne goes near him Artorius stops . Rayne bows down in front of him .

“Then take me as your disciple .”

Bahamut screams 

“Boyyyy”

“It's okay .”

Rayne says with a soft voice .

“Are you sure about that ?”

Artorius asks .

“Yes .”

“Before that I should tell you I'm neither dead nor am I alive , this form is one of my miracles in magicology , in this form I'm in constant need of Mana , when you and your friends entered my room I got a scent of your Mana when you shoved my sword in the ground , that's why I was awakened . If I become you're master than I'll be needing you're Mana constantly , I need to be bound to something as well to be with you all the time . And this is dangerous as you might not be able to take the pressure of my Mana consumption . Are you still willing ?”

“Yes I am .”

Without even thinking Rayne answered because he already knew that he needs a guide in this new world .

“Very well then , from now on , I Artorius , the King of Knowledge make you my disciple .”

7