Chapter 2
339 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So I transmigrated and immediately got killed by a squirrel.

As I floated in that weird void again, I didn’t know whether I should laugh or cry at how I died again.

More importantly, is this it?

Did I really screw up my second chance?

Maybe it’s for the best.

That squirrel’s speed and strength were on a whole other level.

If a squirrel was already this powerful then what about the bigger animals?

What about the intelligent life forms in that world? If there are any.

Honestly, it feels like I’m a level 1 noob trying to complete a level 100 dungeon.

My thoughts were interrupted by the void lighting up.

When I opened my eyes, I was back in that forest with towering trees all around me.

“I didn’t die?!” Patting my body to make sure everything was there I couldn’t help but be surprised.

Eyes? Check.

Balls? Exactly where they belong.

I was still wearing those black robes but they didn’t have any sign of being torn apart.

But that can’t be.

‘I clearly remember everything that happened. Did I go back in time?’

Looking around carefully, I notice several differences.

The trees are further apart and the bushes are sparser. The foliage is much more subdued.

This is definitely not the same area as the one I was in before but it seems to be within the same forest. At least that’s what I think. The trees look exactly the same appearance-wise.

No, I definitely died. I even went back to that void.

‘So how come I’m still alive?’

I’m almost sure it’s not a time loop but the only other thing I can think of doesn’t really make sense considering my clothes remained the same while my location changed.

Either way, none of this thinking really matters if I just die again.

I need to get my hands on some kind of weapon to defend myself.

Other than there large size, the trees around me look fairly normal.

Well they have normal looking brown bark but they’re leaves are a vibrant, almost glittering sky blue.

Quite beautiful actually.

More importantly, they have some relatively thin branches near the base that I might be able to break off and fashion into a basic weapon.

Finding the thinnest one I could see, which was still as thick as my wrist, I walk toward the tree and break off the branch.

Or at least I try to.

It doesn’t even budge.

Planting my feet firmly into the ground, I tighten my grip on the branch and pull with all my strength.

“Ugh, come on you stupid stick!”

The branch barely moves an inch before I get too tired and have to let go.

“*pant*Great.....*pant*...the trees are also....*pant*...super strong.” Sitting down on the lush grass, I try to think of another way.

‘Maybe I could try breaking it off with a rock?’

Looking around, I spot a couple rocks that look big enough.

Getting up and walking towards the rock, I pick it up and walk back to the tree.

I lift up the rock and bring it smashing down on the branch.

The rock bounces off the branch and I end up falling on my ass.

The branch and even the rock still look as pristine as ever with neither getting scratched or chipped.

In my frustration, I throw the rock at the branch and completely miss. The rock continues until it disappears into the forest foliage.

“Goddammit....” I sigh and start getting up.

*ROAR*

Suddenly, a tiger’s roar resounds through the forest shaking the trees around me and the ground beneath me.

I stumble from the strength of that roar and fear grips me in its icy clutches as I realize that roar came from the direction the rock flew.

The fear intensifies as I hear heavy footfalls before the surrounding forest seems to part and what can only be described as a monster instead of an animal steps out.

With a size that can’t be smaller than 6 meters and gold striped silvery fur, this tiger looks like something straight out of a Wuxia novel.

It also looks really pissed off, I realize as it’s cerulean eyes bore into me.

My back is completely drenched in sweat as it dawns on me how fucked I truly am.

‘Should I run?! No, that would be stupid! This thing could easily catch me!’

While I’ve been just standing there, the silver tiger finally moved.

To be precise, it just started to sniff at the air and almost looked confused about something.

‘Oh? Maybe if I just slowly step back...’ I thought as my right foot slowly inched backwards.

Unfortunately, the silver tiger finally gave up on what it was doing and looked at me once again which stopped me from doing anything.

It opened its mouth as if to roar again but instead all I saw was a silver beam of light before darkness engulfed me for the third time.

—————

Tiger was having a bad day so far.

It had just been minding its own business taking a well-deserved nap after satiating its hunger on those lower beings in the inner area when some pesky pebble interrupted its nap time.

Who dares disturb this king’s slumber?!

Tiger smelled a human nearby so it immediately followed the scent.

Why is there a human in the core area?

Is it one of those monstrous existences?!

After finally laying eyes on the human, Tiger was less than impressed to say the least.

This human completely lacked the scent of any Flux.

Tiger had never met a human or creature that lacked Flux.

Maybe it’s just really weak?

But then how did it get this deep into Il’mote?

Tiger was so confused.

So it just decided to kill it and be done with it.

Its beam of pure Flux turned the human into ‘dust’ in a matter of seconds.

How weak.

Tiger sneered in disdain and decided to go find something to eat.

It completely ignored the black ‘dust’ that was slowly and unnaturally swirling into a completely different direction...

Well, he stayed alive for slightly longer this time so I guess we're making progress...

12