32-Light Archive Jellyfish
118 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The next chapter is the end of act 1

Allen was transported into an empty room along with his undead minions and ghosts. A man with a rigid smiling face and crimson eyes stood in front of him.

Allen turned back and shocked. Then, he remembered that he was a necromancer. He guessed the army behind him was his subordinates since they didn’t attack him. He ran to the rear and ordered his minions and ghosts to put fighting stances.

I only don’t remember the name and face of other people. At least, I remember other details such as what abilities they have. Though, I don’t know which undead has the exact ability.

“You don’t have to be wary of me, Mr. Young Necromancer. I am the test administrator. My magic eyes can see through soul and emotion, so I know you have lost your memory.”

Allen was still cautious and didn’t dare to move forward. “Sir, you are a vampire?”

“No, though I refine my magic eyes from a vampire’s eyes. So, do you remember why you are here?”

Allen scanned the man before replying, “I only forget other people’s names and my memories with them. I remember every other detail. I am in the middle of the test.”

“Yes, this is the final test.”

Allen scanned the area. The only door in this room was behind the man. He couldn’t sense his cultivation. “Do I have to defeat you?”

“No, I need to interview you. I’d like to ask where do you learn necromancy, but I know you have lost your memory. Do you realize the difference between your necromancy and ours?”

Allen pondered. “I remembered that I had said your necromancy didn’t use spirit. Why is that?”

“Let me be clear, Mr. Young Necromancer. There is no superior and inferior between our necromancy. Ah, though your necromancy has lifesteal attribute, which is unique. By the way, look at this.”

The test administrator extended his hand and the black mist that surrounded one of the undead minions flicked. It looked up. The spirit got out of its mouth and flew away, shouting in excitement.

At the same time, the undead walked to the test administrator and knelt. The man produced a purple soul from his hand and injected it into the minion.

“The main point of the first test was to train you this technique. It’s called Soul Manipulation. The mist that surrounds undead is coming from the middle layer of the soul after all. If you want to become a skilled necromancer, this technique is useful for you.”

Allen nodded and looked at the ghost. If he remembered correctly, the ghost contained a spirit.

“How to hijack a ghost?” Allen asked.

“I’ve written that in the scrolls u have found. Well, it’s the same as the hijacking skeleton, but it’s more difficult. You have to weaken the ghost first. If you succeed, your Soul Manipulation Technique has reached a great success.

“As for the second test. You were right to cooperate with others. However, you should have explored the map first. You would find a magical beast farm. There are several rank 4 magical beasts that weak with soul. With the help of your ghosts, minions, and Soul Manipulation, you can subdue them. Then, you used the second ability of the ghosts, possessing. With those beasts, you could gang up on the shaman and defeated them. Maybe you wouldn’t lose your memory.”

Allen wanted to refute about how hard the environments and the situations were. He only nodded and clasped his hands. “Thanks for the pointer, senior.”

“The last question of this interview. Allen Vos, what do you aspire in this life?”

Allen closed his eyes, pondering. He tried to remember his goal. He imagined himself grabbing a rope. Below him was the abyss. What was he had?

He remembered the power he learned. The joy of getting it. Allen imagined himself climbing the rope. He could see the sun over the cliff.

“Power. I always thought I had to be content with what I had in my life. Then, I realized we could lose important things we had. Desire is justified. My desire may change in the future, but I will try my best to reach it. Maybe I can get something I have lost too. Losing something makes me empty, after all.”

The test administrator nodded. “I see. Okay, I only need your answer as per the rule my master has noted. Remember, Allen Vos, you have to master the Soul Manipulation Technique to be a skilled necromancer. Brings out your undead tower.”

Allen took out a grey tower from his cloak; a glowing orb still hovered above it.

The test administrator pointed at the tower and said, “As rewards of passing the test, I will give you three things. Firstly, all undead coffins in this Nether Necropolis along with the corpses and belongings inside it. Secondly, all herbs that grow in this place. Lastly, I will give you a thousand souls.”

The place shook. Holes appeared around the floor and wall. Coffins jutted out and flew to Allen.

The tower on his hand opened the door. Suddenly, the items that flew to him shrunk.

“This will be the last time we meet, Allen Vos. You are the successor of Master Arkor. You can be relaxed. People who take the same test won’t remember about you after leaving this place. I have altered their memories. Finds a place to place your undead tower. It can only maintain that size permanently here. After you go outside, the shrinking spell will last for one month. This is farewell, Mr. Young Necromancer. My name is Gerard. I have two older brothers; Garand and Gorast.”

After saying that, Gerard vanished. The door to outside opened. The undead tower had absorbed all items that came to this room.

“Well, at least, you can tell me the usage of this undead tower in detail.”

Allen suddenly heard a roar that was followed by a howl. “I need to go.”

 

……

 

Johan opened his eyes and realized that he had been transported to another room.

He remembered how the shaman had possessed him. He felt ashamed. Coming here was a mistake. He got nothing but humiliation.

Johan punched the floor as tears came out of his eyes.

“You are surprisingly fragile, aren’t you?”

Johan turned back and saw Peter talked to him. The man took off his coat and wrapped his nearly naked body.

Johan stood up and didn’t say anything. They only walked straight. This place seemed to be a corridor. He could see the light at the end. They arrived in an empty room. In the middle, a glowing white jellyfish floated above.

Johan’s mouth was wide agape. He glanced at Peter. The man was enticed by the sight of the jellyfish too.

“Stargazer, you—”

“Yes,” Peter replied immediately. “It’s a Light Archive Jellyfish. The same species as your lord, the Ancient Beast of Enlightenment and Knowledge.”

They approached it and knelt. In front of such a sacred beast, it was a proper thing to do.

Suddenly, a message entered his mind. “The last test. Defeats the person beside you. The winner will be rewarded by the Ancient Beast of Enlightenment and Knowledge.”

Johan’s eyes widened. He clenched his fists and whispered, “I conc—” Before he could finish his line, a kick hit his face, sending him flying.

Johan forced himself to stand and glared at Peter. The man lifted a bent wand to him. He pressed the trigger at the bent angle. A beam flew to Johan’s right leg, forcing him to kneel.

“I am not a fan of violence, Mr. Ashker. You better concede. I seek knowledge. I promise I will open the way, so people can pursue the truth.”

Johan held his injured leg. “You piece of shit.”

Peter shrugged. “You may not believe it, but I have found the path to the magic core realm. I recreated the regeneration potion too, one of several conditions to breakthrough to the magic core realm.”

As he withstood the pain, Johan grinned. “You know nothing. I know you have been blessed by the Lord. But, you only know, not enlightenment.”

Peter fixed his glasses. “Mr. Ashker, when the oldest beast gifted my knowledge of another world, I saw the technology of planet Earth. The humans there fascinated me. It was utopia. Since then, it was my purpose to create such a utopian world. Humans will rule the world.

“We have the same purpose to open the way for people. But, your family and church reputation are worse. Furthermore, the pope went insane by sacrificing fellow believers.”

A vein popped on Johan’s head. “Don’t you dare to insult my lord father, you piece of shit! You know nothing. Even if you have found the way to reach the magic core realm, the Kobold King will come to stop you! Our church is holding a massive sacrificial ritual to cast supreme magic to kill the Kobold King!”

Peter smirked. “I and my father aware of it. I pity you, Mr. Ashker. My father loves me so much. He made a cover to get revenge against the church, but in truth, he is supporting my ideal. While you, your father treats you like… I will refrain from swearing.

“You see, Mr. Ashker. As long as people have intelligence, there will always be room for conversation; even mortals know this. Have you ever considered why Kobold King severed the path to the core realm? No? That’s what led your family to ruin. So arrogant. So full of yourself.”

Peter approached the Light Archive Jellyfish and touched it. “I take this as my win, Mr. Ashker.”

A message entered Johan’s mind. “You have conceded. You lose. Getting out of the Nether Necropolis.”

Johan wept. “I swear I will change for the better!” He screamed from the bottom of his lungs before his body vanished.

 

……

 

Ren was summoned with Vanilla. He sighed in relief. He approached her. He opened his arms to hug her, but she stepped back.

“I am dirty,” Vanilla said.

Ren shook his head. He had heard about how the black goblins forced their ways to her. However, it was against her will. “You don’t have to worry about such things. I love you, Vanilla.” With that, he pulled her into his arms.

He could feel her tears. Ren patted her head and kissed her hair. Suddenly, a message entered his mind.

“Kill a black goblin ahead.”

Ren looked at the end of the corridor. He gulped. The last time, he could finish an injured black goblin with the buff of Peter.

Vanilla looked up at him. “Let’s do it, Ren. We have never done it. It’s time to practice dual cultivation together. Master said the first time would give you a tremendous boost in strength temporarily.”

Ren averted his eyes. “I—I—”

“So, it’s true that you don’t want me. Why you never touch me? We are in the middle of the trial. It’s for our survival.”

Looking at her, He pulled her chin and stuck his lips to her. He pulled his head and whispered, “Forgive what I said, Vanilla. I promise I will become a better man for you.”

1