34-Act 2, Mass Suicide Wars
119 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saga 1: The Fall of the Evening

Arc 1: The Maidens of Ashkera

Act 2: Mass Suicide Wars

After staying for a night in the tavern, Allen and Eren looked for a carriage that would take them to Eren’s village. They found a man who rode a carriage and approached him.

Allen bowed to him. “Excuse me, sir. May I know where are you going? If you go in the same direction as us, I hope you don’t mind us for joining. We are willing to pay.”

“My destination is Fragrant Tea Hills to the south.”

“Oh, our destination is aligned. We are going to Harvest Village. We can get off at the Y-junction before the Fragrant Tea Hills,” Eren said.

The man scratched his nape. “I don’t mind, but Harvest Village is no longer exists. It’s a base for a local magus bandit groups. It’s dangerous.”

Allen smiled. “You don’t have to mind us because…..”

Allen's hands produced a black mist. A sprout grew from Eren’s palm.

“We are a magus.”

 

…….

 

Eren lied down leisurely inside the carriage. Allen sat on the edge of the carriage, admiring the scenery outside. He realized that this was the first time he got out of the Cage. He caught sights of mortal beasts too. Rabbits that were hopping on the field. Birds that were flying from tree to tree.

Allen smiled. He found this peaceful. There were mortal beasts in the Shadowperk City too such as rats, fishes, and cats too. But, it was nice to see a variety of beasts one could find in nature.

“You must be surprised. Magical beasts like environments with abundant mana. From what I’ve heard, there was mana well in the core of the Cage Forest.”

“That makes me think, Eren. Why was your village destroyed? Didn’t you say it was just an ordinary village?”

Eren closed his eyes as though remembering the past. He sighed. “It was a peaceful village. The strongest people there were level three acolytes.

“Every year, we would hold a festival that celebrated the harvest month. Every magus in the village would compete to grow a selected crop with a spell.”

Eren held an apple he bought from the village. He chanted a spell and the apple grew several times bigger.

“This spell increases the sizes of fruits and vegetables. But, it will rot in an hour. This was just a low-tier spell. But, a bandit leader made a baseless rumor that a certain ancient magus’ grave lied somewhere in my village.

“It turned out he was right. It was the grave of Harvest King. Greedy people came to our village and destroyed it. They fought for treasure inside the grave. In the end, I had slaved because I had the talent to become a magus. The Alliance closed one eye about this matter. I heard the village and the surroundings became outlaws area. Many bandits reside there.”

Eren split the apple and gave the half for him. Allen took a bit. He looked at Eren who put a sad expression. “Do you plan to get revenge?”

“Revenge? Hell, no. There are times when you have to let go of something even if you feel it is not fair. My goal is to preserve my people’s heritage. Well, if I have power, maybe I will get revenge. In the end, power isn’t everything, but everything can be done with power.”

Allen shook his head. “The world isn’t as simple as quotes, Eren. I pursue power, but I believe it’s not everything. By the way, the outlaw area means it is outside of the Alliance’s jurisdiction, right?”

“Yeah, why you ask? Don’t tell me you want to create undead minions by killing them?”

“Precisely.”

“Forget it, the bandits are strong. The lowest of them are level 15 acolyte. I have leveled up to 30 after the test, but I am not that good in fighting.”

Allen only nodded. He hadn’t told Eren about the undead tower. If he was right, the undead tower was a high-level magical treasure.

The carriage arrived at a Y junction. They got off and thanked the man. The man went to the left road that led to hills. Allen and Eren walked to the right path.

As they kept walking, the scenery changed. The fields were black and the trees didn’t have any leaf. They met a group of people barricaded the road with barrels.

“Are they bandits?” Allen asked.

“No, they are less worse, but not bandits. They only charge people from passing the area. If we don’t pay, there’s a high chance that they will report it to a nearby bandit group.”

Allen sighed. “Well, let’s give them some coins.”

“Halt, you can’t pass without—”

Before one of the guards could finish his sentence, Eren had presented several copper coins. They looked at each other and opened the road.

“Let me give you advice. If you just here to travel to another area, you have to buy some souvenirs and pay for the protection fee. If you want to stay, you have to join a bandit group.”

Allen glanced at them and waved his hand as thanks. As they continued, they found a village ahead.

Eren halted as he looked at the village. Allen slapped his back. They continued to the gate. There wasn’t any guard, but a bunch of people hung out behind the gate. They drunk and chatted. Some took a glance at them and whispered to each other.

“They have rebuilt the village, but it’s unfamiliar,” Eren muttered.

They visited a nearby tavern and went to an empty table. Other people were partying. Some flirted with women. A few sat alone with a depressed expression.

Allen stopped a passing waitress and asked, “We ordered two mugs of ale and this tavern’s special dishes.”

As the waitress walked away, a beautiful woman who wore a revealing dress approached their tables.

“Hi, first time here?” She tucked her red hair behind her ear. Her thin lips smiled. She put her slightly muscular hand on the table while the other held her waist.

Allen smiled at her. “Yes, lady. Do you have any business with us?”

“Nothing. I am just greeting possible new citizens. Where do you come from?”

“We are a rogue magus. We fled from X city when the church’s army attacked. We hope to become citizens.”

The woman closed her mouth and giggled. “But you are still a level 11 acolyte, Boy. I don’t mind helping you. You are handsome.” She winked at Allen.

If it was Shadowperk City, he would give in to her flirting and go with her somewhere. However, Allen still didn’t know the nature of this village. She could harm him and sell him as a slave.

Allen clasped his hands. “Thanks, Lady. But, my older brother here is strong. I am sure the local forces want to recruit us.”

Eren coughed. Allen kicked his feet under the table.

“Ah, yeah, that’s right. I am confident with my ability. No, this little brother of mine is exaggerating. I don’t excel in the fighting. But, I am an expert in the producing field. I can use my magic to….”

The woman took interest in Eren’s ability. Allen rubbed his chin. He learned something today. Sometimes being honest was better than lying.

At the end of the conversation, the woman gave them information about the factions in this village and which one who would possibly recruit Eren.

Allen had convinced that the woman only came to them out of curiosity and of course, flirting. She gave a sign to Eren, but he didn’t notice it.

Since Eren was so dense, Allen took this chance too….

At night, the woman under Allen stopped screaming. Her face was full of ecstasy. He fell on her and buried his face on her chest. The woman giggled and caressed his hair.

“You are so good, boy. Normally, I can go for several rounds, but today feels like several rounds in one go. Somehow, I felt a mixed feeling of pain and pleasure. It was like my first time.”

Allen rubbed his face as a response. Of course, she would feel tired and painful. He had absorbed her life force. He had confirmed that this woman could withstand pain. Otherwise, he wouldn’t dare to do that.

Allen felt his soul coming back to normal. He could focus to increase his soul capability to the max before aiming to level up.

As he straightened his body, Allen realized it was already morning. He looked at her sleeping face, admiring her beauty. His hand caressed her flat belly.

As she opened her eyes, Allen had worn his clothes. He gave her a wink and left the room.

Eren had waited at the café on the first floor. He gave him a sharp look as he sipped his drink.

“What?” Allen asked.

“Nothing. It was not like I couldn’t sleep because my room was next to yours and the thin wall made the noises too clear.”

“Well, my good friend Eren. If a woman gives you a sign, you can’t be too dense. This is real life. By the way, have you decided what do you want to do?”

Allen closed his mouth to his ear and whispered, “I will help you get your revenge. According to the woman, the bandit group who reported this village to the Alliance was the Night Cricket. One of the top factions in here.

“All top factions in this village only dare to keep their arrogant in here. Their only backing is a big family from the capital. They only have a business relationship. The real top factions from outside leave them alone because this place is desolate. Their leaders only the peak of acolytes. So, what say you?”

Eren frowned. “What happened to you, Allen? In the past, you don’t look for trouble unless it’s necessary.”

Allen pondered. Eren was right. He wasn’t the Second who strived for entertainment. He shook his head.

No, if Eren joins any top bandit group, I will get the benefit too. They grow a magical crop that can increase physical attributes. They possess a technique that can speed the process of maturing. Vinesmoore families from the capital will buy these magical crops from them. I need it for my undead and me.

Eren sighed. “Looks like you have realized it. Though to ensure my life, I need to join a top bandit group. Green Crops Squad is my choice. It turns out the members are the surviving citizens of this village.”

Allen nodded. “Let’s head out to their base after having breakfast.”

“Allen, are you staying with me?”

Allen chuckled. “You don’t want it? There is no one I know besides you. Ah, I will add the woman from the last night. I forgot to ask her name.”

Eren smiled and wiped the tears on the edge of his eyes. “Thanks.”

One hour later, they arrived in front of a house. According to the information they got, this place was the base of Green Crops Squad.

Eren’s hands trembled. Allen slapped his shoulder and pushed him inside.

“Excuse me for intruding. Is this the Green Crops Squad’s base?” Allen shouted. It wasn’t his style, but he matched his personality to the average citizens to give a good first impression.

“We are here to join.”

A bald man with a huge body just choked on his ale when he heard the shouting. He glared and approached them. He twirled his long mustache and ducked his head. “Oi, lads! Haven’t your parents told you to knock someone’s door? Do you want me to kill you, huh?”

Allen blinked his eyes. His plan to give a good first impression didn’t work at all.

Hello, guys. This is the start of Act 2. Maybe you have realized that I come back to my old schedule, 2 chapters a week. Yes, I've become busy lately. Enjoy the chapter btw.

1