36-The Scheme Started
75 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morgana City was the second place that was attacked by the church’s army. It was the first to win against them. The mayor of the city had mercenary groups from the surrounding areas.

After the fierce fight, they held a party at night. Many people lied on the battlefield suffering the injury. It was as expected, but what surprised people the most was the causality was not high.

Two women walked to one of the injured people. The first woman tended his injury, while the second woman put the man’s head on her lap and closed a mug of ale to his mouth.

After the man emptied the mug, the second woman couldn’t contain her curiosity and asked, “Mister, how was the fight with the church’s army? I heard they were led by the special force of the church, the executioner.”

The first woman scolded, “Don’t bother him. He needs rest.”

The man waved his hand and chuckled. “It is fine, my ladies. In the fight, I slew some strongest foes.”

The second woman beamed. “Oh, are you strong, Mister?”

The man winked. “Of course, I am even stronger on the bed. I can handle two fair ladies at once.”

The first woman blushed.

The second woman ruffled his hair. “After you have recovered, you can look for us in Z Tavern.” She put his head down and left with the first woman.

The man sighed as they left. He looked up to the sky. “I exaggerated. The church’s army let us killed them. As a person who had faced the executioner once, I could tell it. It was like a mass suicide.”

A group of people approached him. They were his mercenary group.

“Brother, we will leave early. Madam called the boss. Do you want to stay here or leave with us?”

The man sighed. It was a pity he couldn’t meet those two women. “Carries me. At least, I can ask madam to please me on the bed after I have recovered.”

One of them laughed and helped him to stand. “I carry you, but when you get your turn, you have to invite me. We can do madam together.”

“Alright.”

The man rested inside the carriage alone. It was vexing how others didn’t suffer any injury.

The man closed his eyes as he felt the carriage was moving. His mind was clear. He could finally rest. Suddenly, the carriage shook. The man fell from the seat. He crawled up and opened the window.

His companions fought unknown men. No, the man knew them. They wore a metal vest with a dog symbol and red clothes underneath. They were Red Dog Mercenary.

That group was his Yellow Monkey Mercenary’s rival. They often clashed but not resulted in causality like the skirmish right now.

A man stabbed one of his close buddies. The man gritted his teeth. If only he could fight, he would pay them back ten times.

The carriage’s door opened and two people came in. They carried a weapon. The man crawled back. “No, don’t do it. NO!”

 

……

 

Bonzolino, the leader of Yellow Monkey Mercenary, roared as he saw his men fell. This should be a wonderful day. He had gained a lot from the war. He would do his wife, and then his men could do her after he had done.

Something was wrong. The Red Dogs were acting like madmen. White aura covered their bodies.

He clashed his sword against a foot soldier. His foe pushed him back. Others came to him from every direction. He gathered mana in his right leg and stomped the ground.

Epicenter!

The ground shattered and blocks scattered. His foes were thrown back.

His martial magic killed many people, but a few were healed by the white aura. He rushed to a nearby man. Swinging his blade, he severed his head. His legs leaped to another man. He continued until he was the only man standing in the battlefield.

He looked around and roared. “Where are you? You let your subordinates died without participating in the battle. You coward!”

 

……

 

Johan and Joeri looked down at the battlefield from high ground. They watched as the Yellow Monkey’s leader slaughtered his opponents.

“Your support magic is magnificent, Johan. If only the seeds I plant in them won’t make them berserk, I am sure they will be comparable to that man,” Joeri praised the man at his side sincerely.

“It is still not enough to defeat that man. I wish we have more man powers. Can you use your evolved slaves?”

Joeri smirked. “You have to be patient, Johan. Remembers our agreements. I will provide you with soldiers and you aid me with my experiments. I need to harvest the seed from their corpses to upgrade my slave seed to the next level.

Johan turned his back. “Alright, then. Let’s go. There’s no point in us here. They were defeated.”

Joeri tapped Johan’s shoulder. “Not so fast, Johan. I will finish him alone.”

Johan grinned. “You? What can you do? You are just one rank higher above me. People know you aren’t good at confrontation. You defeat higher realm magus by using your demonic plants.”

“So, that’s how people saw me. I am average in confrontation, you know. Aren’t you proud of your support magic that can make ordinary people match the strong?”

Johan clucked. “Fine, I will show it to you.” He waved his wand and chanted, “Holy Package!” A box appeared above Joeri and exploded.

“I will take off.” Joeri waved his hand and jumped down. He landed before the man who was shouting.

“If you are looking for Red Dog’s boss, I have killed him.” The man glared at Joeri. He bowed. “Nice to meet you. My name is Joeri Vinesmoore.”

“Rank 6 of the favored?”

“Yes, you are my experiment. Now, please die for me. The Barrage of Vines!” Thick, thorny vines formed around him and rushed to the man.

“Cheap trick!” The man swooped his sword downward, producing a wave that destroyed the incoming vines.

Joeri smirked. Vines pulled his back. As the man leaped toward him, he chanted, “Vines Forest!”

Log-sized vines sprouted from the ground. After a few seconds, the man was inside a forest made of vines.

“What’s the point of casting this spell, brat? Concealment? Don’t underestimate a magic foundation magus! Life Attraction!”

Joeri’s body fell toward the man. He roared and stabbed his chest.

Joeri stared at him blankly and smirked. “Got you.” He transformed into vines that bound the man’s body. The vines forest sunk into the ground.

Joeri’s true body was standing before the man. He put his hands on the ground. “Comes out, Demonic Vitality Tree!”

A grey tree sprouted out and stood tall. A mouth appeared in the middle of the log, letting our thorny vines that pulled the man in. The tree chewed and sunk to the ground.

“I can feel that it is satisfied.”

Joeri walked to a nearby corpse and chanted something. A seed came out of the dead’s ear and flew to him. He observed it. “Good, it leveled up. This experiment is a big success. Though, I can predict this time I was lucky. With this, I can make a slave without making them berserk.”

 

……

 

Allen watched Don harvesting the potatoes and sighed. The huge man’s voice was beautiful. After the man had done, he asked, “Is it true the effect of consuming the potato directly is almost nonexistence?”

“Yeah, you have to refine it into a potion first. You need to enhance this potato’s property and remove the impurity and possible poison.”

Allen sighed again. The people in the tavern were lying. Why had he believed them in the first place again?

One of the twins, Corey, approached them in rush. “Old man, this is bad. Night Cricket is looking for trouble in our district. They accuse us of destroying their crops.”

“Those bastards! I will take care of them. You accompany Allen.”

Looking at Don’s back, Allen grinned. Just as planned.

“Okay, Allen, I head your voice is shit. You can just watch me.”

“Brother, wait, is the case of destroying other crops common here?”

Corey sighed. “Sadly, we occasionally do that for personal or professional reasons, but this time it wasn’t us. I bet those two groups did it. The day Vinesmoore comes here is near, after all.”

“Brother, your psychical seems strong. Did you consume potion made from this potato?”

“Yes.”

“How did you get it?”

“We can trade it with Vinesmoore.”

“Brother….”

“Yes?” Corey shouted at him.

“How about we take a rest and observe what happened outside?”

“Uh, nice idea. I want to teach them a lesson.”

Corey threw away the hoe and ran in a rush. Allen glanced at Eren and Rose who was in the next field. He shrugged and followed Corey.

Outside of the house, a group of people who wore black robes surrounded Don.

“I knew this time your group did it to our crops! You always looked for the chance to have revenge,” said a scarred man who seemed to be their leader.

“If you don’t believe me, let’s talk with our magic and fist!” Don shouted back at him.

“By the power of Harvest King, I thought I had reminded you all to look for other factions to act as middlemen if we have conflict.” A tanned old man barged in. He was accompanied by a man who wore a blue robe.

The scarred man and Don clasped their fists and bowed. “Greetings, Ground Dragon’s boss.”

“So, I got a report from Blue Wind’s leader here. His field was wrecked by a group of people last night. The evidence led to your district, Night Cricket. What say you for this matter?”

“It wasn’t me, you stupid lizard. My field was wrecked too last night. I suspect this fatso.” The scarred man pointed at Don.

A vein popped out in Don’s forehead. “Like I said, where is your proof?”

“Shut up! By the power of Harvest King, Night Cricket has to pay Blue Wind!”

“And…you have to pay for slandering my group too!” Don added.

“If you don’t want to, we will join force to fight you!” The blue-robed man continued.

The scarred man clenched his fist. “You will pay for this!” He turned his back and left.

“Hey, does that mean you will pay us?” Don shouted.

The Green Crops were laughing. Allen was the same, but he was laughing for an entirely different reason. Just as planned.

Last night, he had activated undead tower to summon his minions at Night Cricket’s field.

The minions destroyed a quarter of their fields. Then, Allen put them inside and left without a trace. He did the same to Blue Wind’s field, but this time he left a trace that led to Night Cricket’s district.

The fields’ locations are in each of the village’s corners. Most of the guards are guarding outside of the village and only a few guards that patrol inside.

With the large sizes, it was easy for someone to do something bad. They should add defense inside or are they doing that on purpose? They like conflict. As expected of half bandits.

 

I am currently working on Metus contest story. So, until 1 December, I will only update one chapter per week. Just think this story as a jump manga that has the same update frequency. Thanks for reading.

1