Arc II: The City Hall’s Welcoming Party
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Proving Grounds: Forgotten City; City Hall, Parking Lot

1821Y 02M23D 0300H

The towering Swordsman in golden scale armor swung his Ultra Great Sword, pummeling a bunch of mutants with the huge chunk of iron, smashing them to a nearby sedan; embedding their bodies inside its wreckage.

He then drew his sword, letting their blood and guts spill over the concrete.

Behind him, a small three armed mutant, skin covered with bile and pus carefully crawls, jaws filled with jagged teeth, saliva freely dripping down its chin. As the little monster itself for the kill, a sword pierced clean through its skull.

The Mage Knight steps on its corpse then carefully drew out his sword. "Good thing I was watching your back Acki." Addressing the Swordsman.

Acki looks behind him and gave the Mage Knight a wild grin. "I know you do brother, lets clean this up quickly."

Menan ( Mage Knight ) watched as a horde formed around them sighed and said. "Bro, are we gonna die again?"

A pink light particle beam shot between them piercing the horde, disintegrating everything it touched, then a girl in black robes with pink ensemble walk in between the boys. "Charming, aren't they — Well, what are you nitwits lazing around for? Get to work!" She then laughs evilly.

The boys shook their heads then focused on the mob surrounding them.

As the horde of mutants starts to thicken around them the Summoner called out. "Acki, Menan... formation around Luci." The three formed a triangle putting their Sorceress in the middle.

. . .

Acki thrust his sword through an enormous mutant piercing through. It was twice as tall as he is, body bloated beyond belief with a head buried between its shoulder. He twisted his sword snapping its spine then kick it away. The fallen mutant rolled around, laid on its stomach... growling as it drags its body towards the Swordsman.

Acki spitted on the Brute's face. "Dra til helvete ( go to hell )," The Swordsman again thrust his sword splitting its tiny head in two. He then asked the Summoner. "Baby, what are we here for again?"

Baby gracefully moves around dodging her attackers, accurately burying her summons' bolts on every mutant's head. She rolled her eyes in disbelief of the question asked of her. "Listen, we are here for the mayor's key so we can open the Sewers gates."

The Sorceress hearing it clearly stated her disgust. "Sewers!? Ugh... how distasteful — I say let us go take down that loathsome statue." Luci fired off a light particle beam clearing Menan's lane.

A person in tattered black robes appeared before Baby cutting in half a trio of mutants in a split second. It's tied up dark long dragged by the wind as he moved.

Astounded at the 173cm tall Assassin, Baby immediately asked. "¿Shiro, Que pasa?" Shiro grunted then tilted his head towards the City Hall's Grand Entrance, up its stairs a new mob is forming up.

Menan gave out a deep sigh. "We are going to die again, aren't we?"

"Dios mio, Menan would you?" Baby angrily exclaimed as she analyzes the situation, thinking deeply what to do.

"Dear, let me help with that." Said the Sorceress.

"Mage Art," Pink vapor started to well out of her eyes, she then pointed her wand towards the Grand Entrance, then uttered. "Pink — Grand Arrow," a particle beam the size of a telephone post shot out of her wand clearing a side of the entrance.

There was dead silence after that, then...

A horrendous roar came out of the building, hordes of mutants started to pour out of the Grand Entrance and into the parking lot, like a river rushing towards them.

The girls started to concentrate their skills towards the incoming horde. The Mage Knight fired off a similar light particle beam from his left gauntlet trying to break the stampede.

Acki charges in, blocking the path towards their formation. Baby jump on top of him. "Flecha... Lluvia." She commanded her summon, it rained down dozens of bolts below them so fast, that it made illusions of itself.

From their left flank a Brute started running towards them Menan immediately intercepted it, piercing through its guts, but it just shoves him away sending him rolling towards a broken-down truck.

"Shiro, buy me some time," Luci shouted. The Assassin appeared on top of the Brute's shoulder; stabbed its head with his katana but his sword broke in half leaving the other half still lodge on its skull, he immediately jumps out before it can grab him.

The Brute got distracted enough for Luci to cast a spell.

"Pink — Great Sword." 

A great sword shape light particle emanated, making her wand look like the hilt. She lifted her sword overhead then slashed the Brute parting it from its left and right side, each falling on its respective direction spilling its seared innards.

"I am running out Mana." Luci breathing heavily.

Baby grit her teeth, as she tries to keep the horde at bay, accurately firing bolt after bolt but seems the end is nowhere in sight.

Realizing their situation, Acki push forward, looked at Baby then shouted. "Go! I'll buy you some time." Menan leaps towards Acki's side, then gave the girls a wink. "Correction, we will buy you, girls, sometime."

Baby refusing to leave the boys behind fired a flurry of bolts but Luci grabs her by the hand looking at her pleadingly. "Baby, let's go — we will lose a lot more than our items if we die."

The Summoner teary-eyed, bit her lips and closed her eyes then turned away, as she opened them a mob was behind them; Shiro was single-handedly holding them off but is starting to get overwhelmed. Baby wipes her tears then rushed to his aide leaving Luci in the middle.

A sudden noise came from their flank, as Luci turned there was a car tumbling towards her. She immediately slid beneath an opening, its steel frame grazing her shoulder as it passes above her, blood streamed down the wound.

The Sorceress lifted her head and saw a pair of Brutes coming towards her. "Oh, just bloody blooming..."

0