Chapter # 1
237 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

At the entrance to the hole with these two larger beings, I find myself obliged to retreat with the other smaller ants they do not want me to leave where I am for now. Joining the others, I still feel disoriented in this large crowd of newborns.

 

 

The other larger ants begin to surround us, forms are evolved from us the smaller ants and each of them has a different shape the branches of the evolution of the ants are quite wide, but there is still something missing, in nests like this exist a mythical class monster, she is responsible for generating us, you already know who I'm talking about, right? The queen ant.

 

 

This place is underground and appears to be quite extensive, I would get lost easily here if I just walked without any sense of direction, the most sensible thing to do for now is to wait to lead us to an exit, species like the one I became, in general, are collecting monsters that seek to bring food to the queen and the others to eat.

 

 

Soon the larger ants gradually begin to move the antennae of their heads strangely, if I remember correctly that is how the ants communicate. They are instructions for what to do, but for me, it is a quite confusing language.

 

 

From the little I could understand I think they are separating us and want us to accompany them, the first largest ant is all white and has a gray head and red eyes I believe it is possible to even see through it as if it were translucent, she selects some of us by moving her antennas and soon afterward accompany her into the cave.

 

 

The second is an ant whose front legs are longer and higher and it has a red color going to purple and green stripes around the body and does the same process as the white ant selecting and guiding the smaller ones.

 

 

The process is repeated with the other variations of the evolved superiors until a small number is left in the cave in which we are part of it, there is only one superior left who ends up calling us all.

 

 

My group was the last to be chosen, but our manager doesn’t seem like much, he’s similar to us only bigger, his only difference is his huge head and sharp jaws, I keep wondering what makes us so special for being the last ones, did they see my potential in my past life as a member of the battle squad? Should be it.

 

 

He leads us to the surface through several tunnels, on the way I see that to other ant groups, we must be in thousands here, as a former squad leader I know that numbers are a very important factor, whether to defend or attack.

 

 

When I see the sun again my hopes start to return, my first step is to locate myself, if I am in the demon king's territory I need to know where and then go, the only problem is that to reach the kingdom of Edenia I will have to go through the kingdom of Celestéa and as a monster, it will not be easy. And even if I manage to get home it will be kind of hard to explain that I became an ant.

 

 

Our superior, as it were, begins to lead us in a single line through a very devastating land until we reach some kind of scary forest, the trees are giant and cover almost all the sunlight.

 

 

Our supervisor goes ahead and with his huge jaws starts to cut bushes in an organized way, I believe he must be showing us how it is done we were chosen as a group of collectors.

 

I think I was wrong, looking at the situation better I think that we in this group are the smallest and least developed ants with the others, that is, they pushed a task of less importance to us while the others were selected for more important tasks.

 

 

I feel bad because of that because I know that besides an ant that goddess put me as one of the weakest, but something else occupies my mind, can I still see my screen of attributes, when I got to this world in my second life was something I loved to do, but after several decades it ended up becoming commonplace and banal, but it never hurts to try, Status!

 

 

 

 

         Status

 

 

 

 

Name: No name

 

HP: 12/12

Race: Little ant Camponotus

 

MP: 8/8

Level: 1/10

 

SP: 8/8

Rank: F

 

 

 

 

 

STR: 6

 

Skill points: 0

VIT: 8

 

 

INT: 2

Goas: No goas

 

DEX: 5

 

 

LCK: 8

 

 

         

 

I got it, I still have it a lot, but it is a good start, information is the main pillar for any strategy, my attributes are very low I think that as a newborn baby in the next life I had more points than I have now.

 

 

I see the other smaller ants start trying to cut pieces of shrubs and fallen tree branches and carry them around while others just walk around as if looking for something, even though they are the same species and having the same function, not all of them do that. Similarly. It is not that incredible, but it is also a small sign of free will.

 

 

My main objective is to locate myself and that is why I go back to the entrance of this forest and start to distance myself, looking for a high place is a good start, I start to climb on a large pile of land and from there I realize that there is a huge wall of dunes in this huge wasteland.

 

 

No matter which direction I look at, I am surrounded by an immensity of emptiness and darkness, no matter where I walk I will have a huge path to follow, and in these lands so dangerous in my current state I don't know if I will be able to survive without dying again. Despair and anxiety overtake my mind, but I cannot give up now Marie and everyone else in Edenia need my help.

 

 

My new mission is to try to make a map of where I am to know where to go, I can also count on the sun and try to make a compass if I find any metal.

 

My goals are far away only that giving up is not an option, I walk around trying to locate myself but a greater force prevents me.

 

 

"Come back, come back, come back, come back, come back, come back ...", I hear this over and over in my head and my body feels a deep pain in all my limbs.

 

 

I end up obeying the order and returning to the nest with the ants and the voice and the intense pain that afflicted me stop. What was this?
It is as if someone was watching me and prevented me from going any further, but what would that be.

 

 

“I think I can answer that question”, another voice comes to me, I look around, but I don't see anything, after all, what these voices are I find myself totally without any information.

 

 

"Who is it?" I ask.

 

 

“It's me, we've met before, remember God Rafael!”, A small ball of light appears in front of me and speaks these words.

 

 

"So it's you, what are you doing around here?", I ask you again.

 

 

"We decided that it would be better if we observed and interfered with his actions in his new body", he says.

 

 

"I understand, but wait a minute, you said to us," I ask.

 

 

“Greetings, remember me, ant-man”, another ball of light appears only in red, and coming from her comes that irritating woman's voice.

 

 

“Goddess Lucy I suppose”, is my voice in which I pronounce it in a more serious voice.

 

 

"It is the two of us, we reached a consensus and decided that accompanying you on this journey would lead to our doubts and allow us to have a better view of your point of view", are the words of Rafael.

 

 

"Besides, our lives are boring just watching from up there and we both agree that it would be more fun to see how you do on your mission," says the goddess Lucy in a tedious tone.

 

 

"So you are here to take a closer look at this part, I was able to understand, but whose voice was it before it sent me back?" Ask another question again.

 

 

“What you heard is known as the queen's will, she gives a task to each of the servants, but as there are hundreds of them she gives a share of authority to the more evolved ants, disregarding the will of her superior and moving away from her group of the collection was the reason of having listened to her, until she becomes stronger and changes her form, she is obliged to obey ”, Rafael's words are clear and objective so that I easily understand my situation.

 

 

"Okay, another question, now for you, why did you want to put me in that ant body?", Points to the ball of light with Lucy's conscience.
"It was a little joke of mine, besides that in this body you can walk, it is not a baby, as I remember this was your condition, at no time did we say that the body needed to be human", she says in a tone of irony.

 

 

"Be calm, I sympathized with your situation and she and I reached a consensus on how to help you so to speak", after saying this to the two balls of light enter my body and I feel an intense tingling inside me.

 

 

Then it seemed that the two were gone, but in my vision on the right and left side, the luminous globes carrying the voices of both appear again.

 

 

"Okay, now let me say each one of us gave you a new skill, you can see it in your list of skills", says Rafael, I am kind of curious and open my list of skills to know what I won.

 

 

 

 

 

              Skills

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Cutting fang Lvl 1

 

 

 

 

 

    Exoskeleton Lvl 1

 

 

 

 

 

    High strength  Lvl 1

 

 

 

 

 

  Blessing from Rafael  Lvl Max.

  Curse of Lucy Lvl Max.

 

 

 

                 

 

I see that I have three basic skills, the first of which is called cutting prey is already self-explanatory, the second is called an exoskeleton, it must be something related to the external armor that this body has and the third high force, well it is said that the ants raise several times the own weight, the last two catch my eye, Rafael's blessing is good to know that someone is watching over my life and...

 

 

WHAT STUPIDITY IS THAT!

 

 

Lucy's curse, this evil goddess continues to imply with me what this is supposed to be.

 

 

“Hey, what a cursed business”, is my question through our psychic link.

 

 

'' Well, as we both had to reach an agreement, this was the solution offered, through my ability I can try to give some help, but for that, it is necessary an effort on your part to deserve it by completing some objective proposed by me through my blessing, as for her, '' he interrupts his lines at this point and the evil goddess takes over.

 

 

“As for me, I'm going to give you a challenge and if you stick to it, I might even think of giving you some reward, but if you don't stick with it comes to a punishment”, these are his words, as he continues to sketch his Machiavellian smile.

 

 

"And how do I know what I have to do? I ask".

 

"Open your status again," says Rafael.

 

 

 

 

 

         Status

 

 

 

 

Name: No name

 

HP: 12/12

Race: Little ant Camponotus

 

MP: 8/8

Level: 1/10

 

SP: 8/8

Rank: F

 

 

 

 

 

STR: 6

 

Skill points: 0

VIT: 8

 

 

INT: 2

Goas:

- Picking leaves today (Rafael's blessing)

- Kill something today (Lucy's curse)

 

DEX: 5

 

 

LCK: 8

 

 

         

 

In the place, written objectives that were empty now two tasks appear, the first done by Rafael is to collect leaves like the other ants of my species, since that crazy goddess wants me to kill something already. How could I do that? In my current state, it is almost impossible.

 

 

"A question, what happens if I am unable to carry out the tasks that you give me?’, I ask them.

 

 

“Don't worry, I understand that it won't always be possible, but from my ability, nothing will happen, it will just disappear”, he says with gentle words that reassure me, the other lady on the other hand...

 

 

"If you do not fulfill the missions I give you, you suffer a penalty, I will not go into details so as not to spoil the surprise, but believe me you will not like my punishments so hurry if you do not want to suffer", his words make the feeling tranquility that I acquired a little soon disappear from my mind, giving rise to space for fear and despair.

 

 

But I will not give up, I will overcome this ordeal and move on, if I have to fulfill these hellish missions so be it, nothing will stop me from returning to my home and warn my nation of the danger that is approaching.

3