Chapter # 5
101 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What I learned from my first turbulent day was that even if I get strong I will never be able to leave this place unless the queen allows it and for that, I will have to go to her and ask for my freedom, of course, I know she can simply deny it and keep forcing me to work, but with this conversation that I intend to have, I want to know what kind of person is the queen of ants.

 

 

If the queen is somewhere in this nest she will certainly be in the most protected room, the size of an ant queen from what they report in the books has never been proven, but to generate so many of us her size must be huge.

 

 

To find the queen, I venture into the thick tunnels of the nest passing through several other groups of ants, they always maintain the same pattern, most of them are simple ants following a leader who has a variation of evolution. These variations are very similar to my current options for evolution, only some seem to have reached more advanced forms.

 

 

The deeper I go down in the nest, the more different types of ants I find, the size of them also increases, it is strange if there are so many strong ants in the anthill because they send weak ants into a forest with monsters like the Magnum bear Arctos, and yet many of them look bruised with wounds and scratches all over their bodies, it’s as if they’re already fighting something else, but what could it be?

 

 

Is there another enemy that we ants have to face? I get so confused by this whole situation, all the ants run from side to side and barely communicate with each other, I think I will not get anything from them. That evil goddess certainly put me in the worst possible place.

 

 

My investigation in search of the queen after a long time of walking begins to pay off, in a giant underpass I realize that there are no more ants I think I am close I am heading towards a huge entrance, but when I was about to enter I am stopped by two giant ants, they are at least five times my current size, with their huge bodies in front of the front I realized that I am prevented from entering, what types of ants are you? Use analysis to find out.

 

 

Analyze: Great ant Dinoponera

 

 

They are called Great ant Dinoponera, I presume it is the soldiers who guard the entrance to the queen's room, it was to be expected that someone would be protecting her, but what did I expect? Come walking and talking to the queen with no problem. I try to tell them that I want to go because I have affairs with the queen, I think they will not understand what I said.

 

 

Without more or less one of them stretches its huge paw and pushes me back with force, I am thrown back a few meters, luckily I did not suffer any damage due to sheer luck, you can see that these people do not play in service I end up retreating for my own security.

 

 

After a while I'm hiding in the back of the passage waiting to see if at some point there will be a change of guards or if they will be distracted long enough for me to be able to get in there only so far nothing, I have to admit that those two do an excellent job, stand for hours and show no sign of tiredness. Changing the subject very quickly, what do you five do here?

 

 

The other ants that won the Magnum bear and slept beside me are right behind me watching my actions, apparently, they followed me here, I think they didn't have many options since they are in the same boat as me because they don't know what to do, and as it seemed that I had a plan they followed me.

 

 

I don't think it's okay as long as they don't get in my way just that I still have to figure out how to get past those two soldiers if only I could ... distract them.

 

 

You see an idea in my head, I think that if those five me help I can reach the queen, the problem is how to make them understand me, I keep trying to use my voice to communicate only that this is not effective, ants get along in their behavior from what I perceive they transmit their ideas and thoughts of each other by moving their antennae, maybe I should try that too.

 

 

Looking at them, I start trying to move my antennas to make them understand me, it's kind of complicated to control my antennas. I've never had an experience like this before, which makes it even more difficult for me to understand.

 

 

With a lot of delay and difficulty as to move my antennae, the five ants seem confused they try to understand what I want them to do however my technique is not the best, but little by little I get used to this new sensation and start to move my antennas in a more regular and concentrated manner until results are obtained.

 

 

(You have gained the Skill Communication of species Lvl 1 )

 

 

Species communication? I thought I would gain something like the language of the world, which is the ability that humans and other smarter races use to communicate, in my past life I was born with it, which allowed me to understand from an early age everything that others said to me. around, but until it makes sense no ants can speak and to be able to communicate with each other it makes sense to have a skill like that. Gradually I move my antennas, transmitting my plan to them.

 

"I want ... you ... to distract the ... big guys."

 

 

Objective: Try to communicate with someone who has been met.
Reward: +5 STR +5 DEX

 

I managed to speak very calmly and with long pauses between each word, I even accidentally completed my daily mission, but I managed to pass the message on to them, at first they seem afraid about my idea, but end up agreeing. I watch them from a distance going towards the two guards and around them start running in circles and raise their paws upwards trying to get attention, the guards don't seem to understand very well what is the cause of this behavior.

 

 

It doesn't take long for them to feel uncomfortable and try to do the same thing to them as they did to me, try to push them away, but the five are prepared and are avoiding the guards' various attempts and with that a gap appears between the two, it's my chance.

 

 

With all my speed I run to take the chance that I was given I don't even look back to not waste a single second, once passing through the door I follow another tunnel that starts to get dark, however shiny crystals appear along the way that illuminates my walk when I return I will thank those five for helping me.

 

 

At the end of the tunnel I am blinded by bright light and I see a huge room full of precious stones and on top of a large stone I see the queen of ants, she is colossal, at least twice the size of those guards, her legs are thin and giant, their antennae fall to the sides as if they were a hairdo and their big eyes stare at me from a distance.

 

 

I approach with a certain fear and caution, I don't know what she's going to do with me so all care is of utmost importance, while I approach she looks at me with a curious look, with my little paws I keep walking towards her, when I get close enough I try again to use the communication of the kind.

 

 

"Can you ... understand me".

 

 

“Yes, little ant, I understand you perfectly” - the queen replies.

 

 

A well-articulated answer the queen spoke in a calm voice and without pauses, I hope to be able to communicate like her soon, now that I have got her attention I will try to dialogue with her.

 

 

"I have a request".

 

 

"A request? What a most unusual thing, I knew that you are the first newly generated ant that can talk to me, because of that I will listen to your request ”.

 

 

Through this sentence I realize that there is good and bad news, the good news is that the queen is a rational being who fully understands the forms of language, the bad news is that a monster so intelligent at this point will be a great barrier to achieve my goal.

 

 

"I want to, I have to ... go ... there is a place ... do something ... please ... let me go ... go away."

 

 

(Communication skill of the species went up from 1 → 2)

 

 

“Where do you want to go? I think it was you the ant that went too far away from the nest yesterday, it really is not a problem for me to want to leave, but know that if you do that you will have no chance of survival alone ”.

 

 

In this she is right, I am very far from my old home and at my current level it shouldn't be difficult for a bigger monster or even a human to finish me off, but knowing that she has no problem with me leaving I think I can try to be more brusque about my requests.

 

 

"If more ants came, there would be no problems."

 

 

This time I managed to speak in a slightly more readable way, the communication skills have improved, now I have to wait for the queen's response.

 

 

"More ants, do you really want me to release other ants from their duties to help you with your foolish and unsubstantiated goal, enough questions, if you have nothing to do, join another squad and go to fight in the war!"

 

 

I feel an oppressive force crushing me, this is certainly part of the effect of the title servant of the queen, I feel her hostility towards my request, only what did she mean by war? I think I'll have to ask, I hope she doesn't get angry anymore.

 

 

"I didn't understand ... what war?"

 

 

"Yes, you were born yesterday and you were in the division of the surface there was no way to know, through underground tunnels our enemy termites attack, we live in an eternal battle against them and their queen in which sooner or later one of the two sides will defeat the other".

 

 

Termites? May I remember the catalog that listed all known monsters termites monsters were smaller than ants, although they multiplied fast as long as they had a good feeding area and became very insistent pests, I've heard of cases where they took too long to deal with them and the termites ended up evolving into bigger and more frightening species it must be the case, but I still have another question.

 

 

"If there's a war going on ... why do you send a group of ants into the forest?".

 

 

“For two simple reasons, the first is to get food for me and too many and second to guarantee territory, if we stay too long without going to the forest other species of monsters will notice our absence and will want to use this as a method to invade us in the surface, so even if the groups we send to the forest are weak, all they need is to know that we are going there ”.

 

 

It makes sense the queen is surprisingly a very tactical monster, she manages most troops in the most important battles and keeps troops of lesser potential as a kind of decoy that gives a false sense of power by making other monsters stay away, of course not all some monsters are not afraid like the Magnum bear Arctos.

 

 

When I was finishing my reasoning, little figures run into the huge hall behind me, those five are running all at once when they find me they are all hiding behind me, and right after that happens the two huge guards run in coming towards them.

 

 

"I see that your brothers managed to pass through my security guards too, I think that concludes our dialogue, it was good to talk to you sometimes I spend a lot of time alone here" - says the queen.

 

 

She said brothers, good looking around that side we were all born together, but that is beside the point now the two guards are approaching if I do nothing I will end up wasting my possible only chance of covering with the queen.

 

 

"What if I do something for you? ... To prove that I am worth ... and that I deserve it."

 

 

"Do something you say, like what?" Asks the queen.

 

 

"If you give me more ants ... I can set up a squad ... and then take over the entire forest."

 

 

“I admit that if the whole forest were part of my territory it would be the best possible scenario, with all the resources and territories that exist there it would be easy to subdue the army of termites, but although you say that it is impossible for a simple Little ant Camponotus and a small army do that ”. - replied the queen despondently.

 

 

"I may be a simple Little ant Camponotus, but ... I can still ... surprise you."

 

 

I say this for the purpose of trying to extend our cover even more because of her curiosity, if I can get her to pay attention to me and what I say there may be a chance that she will agree with me.

 

 

“Surprise me, I guarantee that no matter how hard you try you will not be able to do this, I have been the queen of this anthill for countless generations, I have been alive for several years and you have been alive for two days, what could you do to make me surprised, if I successfully do that now I can think about your proposal ”- the queen exclaims these words in order to try to put an end to the conversation.

 

 

A way to surprise you, you say, luckily I have one, I haven't thought about it yet, but to make this queen stop underestimating me and start listening to me, I'm willing to take the risk. If it's a surprise you wanted, here's one.

 

 

Start evolution.

 

 

My whole body is taken by a strange tingling and I end up closing my eyes, I start to feel pain all over the place and little by little I feel like I am expanding I feel like a new layer of harder skin starts to cover several parts of my body, when I open my eyes I feel slightly taller and everyone in the room is watching me. The light of the crystals makes my whole body shine in a golden tone, you already know which option I chose is not the same, Little ant Pharaonis.

 

 

(Exoskeleton skill went up from 3 → 4)

 

(High strength skill went up from 3 → 4)

 

(Analyze skill went up from 1 → 2)

 

(Soldier skill went up from 1 → 2)

 

(You have gained the Enhanced Senses Skill Lvl 1)

 

(You have gained the Golden Luster Skill Lvl 1)

 

(You have gained the Armored Defense Skill Lvl 1)

 

(You acquired the title Emissary of the ancients)

 

(You have acquired the title Unique Monster)

 

(You acquired the title Regent by nature)

 

 

And that concludes my evolution, some of my skills have improved, I have also gained new skills and titles, but at the moment all that matters to me is what will be the queen's response to my sudden transformation. When she sees me in the new form, she stays quietly watching me with the others in the room without showing any kind of reaction, after some time she demonstrates her reaction.

 

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ..." - laughs the queen in a very loud tone.

 

 

What is that laugh? Did she already know that shape? If that's all my hopes are going to go down the drain, I hope, no, I don't beg anyone who's watching me do that.

 

 

“Congratulations, you really managed to surprise me, I had never seen a form of ant-like this. You are a surprise box I confess that now I'm curious to see how far you can go with this shape if I get you some soldiers. ” Says the queen.

 

 

"This means...".

 

 

"Yes, I will give you a chance to prove your worth so listen to me carefully, the first thing I am going to do now is to appoint you a commander and choose a name for you". - the queen ends up accepting her idea.

 

 

(You have gained Commander Skill Lvl 1)

 

 

Thankfully, I managed to convince her, thanks to her appointment I acquired another skill, one related to the administration and control of troops, this for my plan was a big step, but the part of giving me a name makes me a little uncomfortable, I think that I would like to keep my old name, I think I better let her know.

 

 

"You know, I wish my name was ...".

 

 

"From today you will be known as Tyrant", - the queen interrupts and names him.

 

 

Tyrant this sounds quite unpleasant, who after all will want to be close to a Tyrant, the worst part is that I feel like that name is now part of me, like adding a difficult label to deal with, there's no way to complain about her about it, as she may get irritated and decide to go back, I have nothing to say except.

 

 

"Thank you, I think".

 

 

"Commander Tyrant, I'm looking forward to seeing how much you are capable of achieving." Says the queen.

 

 

With that he was officially appointed as a new Commander of the Queen seems to be a lot since yesterday when I reincarnated, but I feel that in fact, it is from now on that my story as an ant really begins.

3