Prologue – Part 4
1.5k 6 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time seemed to stop as my vision seemingly expanded, to every source of flame inside and outside the planet, making me see groups of monsters sitting around fires and monsters swimming inside active volcanoes. Then it expanded even further letting me notice all signs of warmth.

I fell to my knees when I saw it. Monsters nibbling on human bones, long since gone, or burning remains of what seemed to be a newly build village.

“Giving up?” That screeching metallic voice resounded again, breaking me out of my stupor. “Just let me finally kill you. Then everything ends and I can go to the next planet.”

Yes, let everything end already. Molten flames ran down my face. Seems like I’m not even allowed to cry anymore.

His claws stretched to my neck, ready to snap it in two. Void surrounded his fingers, trying to shield himself from my flames. All the while I watched the world burn. From little flames, giving warmth, to big fires, taking the lives of thousands. All too long I just had seen the power of destructions and what did it left me with? Nothing.

I felt the void reaching my neck, pushing at the flames composing my body, trying to destroy me. I didn’t push against it, but it seemed he still had trouble to even keep his hands there.

Hahahahaha, what are you even trying to do?” I grabbed his arms. His eyes shook, panicked at the sudden change in my behavior. Well, what should I do? “You got to press harder, else you won’t achieve anything.” My grip turned firmed as I pressed his hands into my neck. His flesh sizzled under my touch making him scream in anger and pain. And here he tries to kill me, just pathetic.

I let go, seeing that his so-called attempt at killing me would never end up with the actual deal. Then I let myself fall to the ground, thinking about what to do. “Mhm.I think this could be interesting.

As I sat there, I stretched my hand out into the sun. The big, flaming, fucking giant ball of fire. But instead of bringing only destruction like myself it actually brought life to this planet. Arrogant fucker. I’m going to show you that you aren’t the only one capable of it!

I turned my head left and right, looking at the remains of the battlefield. Flames where burning brightly, licking at everything that they could get on. First let’s get rid of them.

The flames twisting back and forth stopped in their motion, instead rushing over to climb up my arm and collect into a small sphere.

“What are you doing.” Ahhh, I forgot he is still here. He crawled backwards, away from me. That hurts, you know, I’m no demon. I may exist in a form of pure flame energy but I’m still perfectly human. Well, not perfectly, even the system acknowledged me as a god, but deep in my heart I thought about myself as human.

“Can’t you see?” I looked at him exasperated. “I’m collecting all destructive fire energy around the planet?” Even a child would be able to understand with a single look, so how could the last evil don’t understand what I’m doing?

“Stop it! Are you crazy!? That’s not something one can control!?” He retreated back even further, trying to use his arms to stand up and run away, but it seems I burnt through his nerves earlier making him unable to use them.

The better question is ‘how one wouldn’t be able to control it?’. We have a fucking lump of fire energy that has no own will sitting in our universe for how many years?

This guy seems like he turned crazy after getting burned. Better ignore him. So, what did we have left? There is the giant flame barrier, made by me… What did I even thought about while creating this? Well, it doesn’t matter. What else, a few forest fires, I could get rid of the climate change, well, at least siphoning the extra heat it builds up. Seems like there is are a few active volcanoes out there too, let’s just take their energy too.

The energy rushed to me. Some quickly, coming from the light of the sun, while other energy certainly took its time like the magma from the volcanoes. But they all followed the same scheme as the climbed up my arm to take hold in the sphere I was creating. Finally, it began pulsating like a beating heart.

“That should be everything,” I said to the evil, showing him that it was certainly possible to control such power. But it seemed he was too astonished to even make a comment as he looked at the pulsating orb of life.

Let’s look over it one more time to make sure I didn’t forget any source of destruction. I let my sense wander again, searching valleys and mountain, forest and meadows, ruins of cities and other remains of humans. I was just about to stop as I came across a tiny, white flame, fighting for its survival. It smoldered on ashen remains.

I knew this flame. It’s her flame, the one I used to cremate her. So, it was still there. I took a closer look at it. It burned without fuel, relying on itself to survive all these years. How so? It didn’t try to destroy but It also wasn’t there to give life.

I tried to get it to come to me, but it refused me. This was the first time since I’ve become a god that a flame refused my will. Interesting.

I sent her some of my energy, trying to coax her to me. While she took the energy she just continued to flicker there. “Not enough little one?” I fed her more and more, losing interest in anything else. Soon she started to flare, as if saying that she got enough. Then she came to me, like a child running to her parents.

She embraced me, showing me memories of her past, surviving against wind and rain on a tiny speck of my divinity. Seems like she was the first flame I created when I tread the path to godhood. And while I concentrated on my fury, I lost everything else, leaving all of it with her.

The moment I was called out to by brother, the moment he mentioned her, I lost my rage, leaving me with nothing. Then he died too. And what have I been doing? I’ve tried to die. I fucking tried to kill myself. And I’ve even activated a spell that will outright kill me when it stops.

I promised her that I would live, that I would save whoever I can and bring peace to the world. I fucking trashed the thirst part right now. Saving everyone? Who can I even save now? The system said it. That everyone else is dead, that I am the last.

The little white flame flicked over me, trying to cheer me up. It seemed she wanted to apologize for giving me my sadness again. “Stupid thing.” She seemed shocked but then I reached out to her, caressing her gently. “Don’t be so stupid, without you I would have forgot about her, about everything. Even if it pains me right now there are so much happy times, I will never allow myself to forget again.”

I found her quivering, unsure what to do. “Don’t be scared, little one. You’re doing great, much better than this old man here already. But could you do me a favor?”

The flame nodded. He was the essence of fire. He was literary her creator, she thought.

“Thanks. You should know, I don’t have much longer to live.” She shook at my words. “It’s no use trying to deny it. I can sense how my body is falling apart.” She stopped for a moment. “Hahaha, don’t be sad.”

I coughed, black flames leaking out of my mouth.

“Take my essence.” I poured my energy into the flame, fast enough for my body to visibly lose heat as the flames turned pale, until my body was left, black as coal. The flame flickered, trying to escape my grasp, trying to stop me, but it was of no use. “You should know one thing little one.” My voice turned dry and dark. “You are the child from me and her.”

The flame flickered; her pure white color was stained with light blue spots.

“Don’t be sad. Be proud of us! Of your father, essence of fire, and your mother, protector of all.”

The flame embraced me, covering my blackened body in white.

“As a last thing, let me grant you a name.”

The flame separated from me, but patiently waited in front.

“Hahaha, you are a good kid aren’t you. How about Amy?”

The flame sprang from one spot to another.

“You like it that much? That makes me happy. Now then, it’s time for the grand finale.”

Two promises I didn’t get to keep. At least make that last one count, so she can’t call me a complete liar when I see her in the afterlife.

“Sorry Amy, it’s time to leave.”

She stood still, not moving.

“I’m sad to part too, but there is a saying under humans. We never really go completely, there will always be a part of me in you.”

I twisted my head, turning it up to the massive source of destruction above me.

“At least I have to make sure that these evils never destroy another planet like ours.” My arm shook as I connected to the sphere again, fingers crumbling into dust.

“[Meteora],” the crumbling spread over my arm, “[modify: Godfall].”

“Darling, Brother, I’m coming to you.”

43