Chapter 24 – Goblin Lord Giwak
695 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
Sorry for the missing chapter yesterday, here it is. Enjoy~

Earthen snakes shot forward, preying us three, rushing past the goblin lord. “[Fireball; Modify: Explosive, Multiple]!” Fireballs shot forward, striking at the snakes which bit down at them. As they continued to rush forwards they started to bulge, bursting apart in a fiery explosion, chunks of burning earth falling down around us.

But as the explosion receded a green body came out of the smoke, smashing its giant sword at us. I erected a barrier, stopping the goblin shortly before it continued onwards. Still it gave us enough time to back away, its attack smashing into the ground once more.

It lifted it sword once more, earth crumbling down from the giant blade. Behind it I saw the mage getting ready to attack once more, earth flying upwards to form spears.

I stepped forwards in front of the two. “Do me a favor and take care of the mage.”

“Shouldn’t a mage fight against it?” Alice called out exasperated.

“Can you do something against that sword?” Silence was the only answer I received. “You’ll have the upper hand as long as you get near him.” I set my arms aflame, covering them whole with the Flame Strike skill. “Trust me, I know what I do.”

They both looked at each other, contemplating the choice before nodding at each other. “We’ll be back to help you.”

Hahaha, I’m not old enough to need help already. They dashed to the side, before they inclined towards the mage. The goblin lord looked at them, smirking with its grotesque face before looking back to me. “You better not underestimate them and think your mage will defeat them. Well, you will share his fate.” Now, let’s see if this is a bad idea or an even worse one. Analyze.

Goblin Lord ‘Giwak’ – Level 64

 

As one of the four lords Giwak guards the south of the goblin empire Giaa.

Known as the Blade of Giants he defended it time and time again.

 

Skills: Unknown

Weaknesses: Unknown

What are you already doing out here? You should be much further inside. I felt the mana in my body, guiding all of it to my chest. This better work! When the mana finished gathering in a small sphere I started to inscribe it.

Giwak stopped grinning, feeling the fluctuations of mana even as a high level warrior. It shot forward, its speed completely unlike before as it stood next to me in the blink of an eye, sword already crashing down from above.

Warning

 

Detecting use of Mid-Tier Magic.

Usage of Mid-Tier Magic without acquiring it beforehand will lead to an decrease in effectiveness by fifty percent while doubling the mana costs. Uncontrolled usage of skills can lead to serious damage.

 

Continue?

“Fuck off. [Raging Heat].”


Stone spears shot at us. I smashed the first with my sword, trying to block the next one with the handcuff only to be pushed back for a few feet, the third one crashing into an arrow and flying past me. I grit my teeth, ignoring the stinging in my arm, as I once more tried to run only to be stopped by a scream.

“Agni!” With Sarah’s words my head shot around, seeing how the sword crashed down once more, covering the area around it in dust and Agni with it. Moments passed and there was no sign of him. The mage struck out once more taking our attention back to him.

Come on, you said you would be fine.


Fuck! It’s hot! Was it always this hot!?

I looked down at my blazing arms. The heat of the fire felt surreal, almost cold against the heat rampaging inside my body. I opened my mouth, exhaling sharply only for the water in my breath to evaporate, breaking down into atoms and combust into fire.

Slowly the air cleared up. The first thing I saw was the blade beside me, my hand still on it from when I pushed it aside. The metal started to heat up, first turning red, then bright white spreading outwards from my palm. Then it rushed backwards as the goblin pulled back, out of the cloud of dust and away from me.

I felt the orb of mana pulsating inside me, ready to burn my body at any moment given a chance, sucking at any reserve I had left. “You had your fun.” I looked out of the cloud, a small opening showing the grimace of the goblin. “Now it’s my turn.”


I saw the goblin move out of the cloud. But instead of moving towards us it screamed at his subordinate, his gaze fixed on the cloud of dust. Then a blur shot out, only possible to see because of my high perception, standing still for a moment as it stopped behind the goblin, twisting its body as it turned around.

The goblin shot around, but instead of attacking it lifted its sword, blocking the smash of the blur, only to be pushed back, its feet digging into the ground.

Then the blur stood still, making it possible to recognize Agni, the air around him shifting like it was over asphalt in the midst of a heatwave.


I looked down on my fist, my skin cracked from the strain, bones most likely broken. Blood tried to flow out, only to dry as any liquid inside immediately evaporated. Definitely a better weapon than what the small fry uses. I smirked. But it’s a shame for it to be in the hands of a goblin, I know a barbarian who would quiet like it. Let’s try not to damage it.

I dashed forward, my muscles aching about their overclocking through a skill. When I neared the lord, I let my upper body fall backwards, the blade passing above my head as the goblin swung it sideways. It stopped trying to kill me in one shot, seeing how its blows didn’t hit, instead trying to wound me at last.

I smashed my fingers into the ground, forcing me to a quick stop, scorching the earth around me black. I put strength into my leg, felling my skin ripping, before I shot upwards, bending backwards as the flames around my arms intensified.

In response to my descending fist the goblin lifted its arm, trying to block my attack, while it swung the sword with its other arm aiming at my stomach. “Flesh for bone fucker! [Flame Shield; Modify: Strengthen]!” My fist crashed into the goblin. It screamed out in pain but before I could see the fruits of my work the sword came near, crashing through the barrier before it smashed into my body.

I flew backwards, tumbling over the floor before my body crashed into the remains of the palisade. I coughed blood, feeling my insides burn where Giwak’s blade hit me. But still I forced my vision onto the goblin once more, it screaming out in pain, its sword lying on the floor as it grabbed the stump of an arm with its remaining hand.

I grabbed onto a wooden stake, pulling myself upwards once more, my body protesting every movement. I felt my side burn with pain, looking down only to see it cut, blood spilling outside, before drying immediately like before. The goblin, noticing my survival, looked towards me, grabbing its sword once more. With every step I took towards him I felt my wound opening once more.

“Let’s end this already, shall we?”

As if understanding my words, it got into stance once more, pointing its sword at me. In reply I took my own stance, pulling my fist back. It sprinted at me, lifting its sword and spinning it backwards only for it to come back in an overhead smash. I took a last step, smashing my fist forward with it. Giwak grinned, as his attack clearly would reach its target first. Forgot that I’m a mage asshole? I felt the mana surge into my fist as I whispered the last word.

“[Release].”

17