Chapter 47 – Blood magic
440 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Stop it! Quickly!” I shouted out, releasing another Flame Spear at them. It dashed towards them but before it could reach the dying mage the mountain lord held out its free hand, blocking it at the cost of its hand.

At my shout Sarah shot another arrow. It seemingly should’ve flown far above its mark, only to curve above the target to come crashing down on it. But even this attack was blocked as the assassin sprang from the shoulder to strike the arrow.

The circle grew at a remarkable pace, turning into a three-dimensional construct. I bombarded them with spells, but the mountain lord just continued to block them, disregarding any damage. When I opted for another penetrating spear it held on for a moment, slowly moving the hand holding the mage as to not disturb its concentration before the spear pierced a hole into its scorched hand.

I knew it was too late when the circle lit up in a ghastly red. “Shit!” The earth shook around us as the corpses slowly trembled.

“I have nothing against monsters but if this turns into a zombie horror I’m out!” Alice twisted and turned around, eying the corpses around us. Sarah instead moved closer, trying to maintain a triangle formation so that nothing could attack us from behind, though her body was shaking at the thought of undead enemies.

“I wouldn’t care if they were zombies, we just would have to burn them.” I fixed my gaze at the enemy lords. “This is something far worse.”

Instead of moving the corpses burst open, their blood gushing into the sky as it made its way towards the lord. There it flowed over the two remaining ones. It streamed into the wounds of the mountain lord, hardening there to close it before it began to cover its body. Their green skin quickly disappeared, covered under a metallic red sheen.

I shot even more flames at them, Sarah contributing with her arrows, but the attacks just struck the blood which flew into their ways, leaving the two lords unharmed.

When all spilled blood gathered around them, they were encased in a sinister armor. The mountain lord was covered in spikes, claw-like blades protruding out between its knuckles, with three curving horns growing out of a helmet.

The assassin instead was covered in bloody stripes, seemingly still flowing, and a mask from which bloody strings fell backwards to cover its head completely. Its daggers grew in size, becoming curved shortswords with a saw-tooth back.

Let’s hope it isn’t what I think it is. Analyze.

Blood Armament

 

A mage spent its life-force to create a protection for its comrades, hoping for them to protect what he couldn’t.

Filled with the grudge of the fallen its designed to last until any target of revenge is dead.

At least it isn’t hell’s armament. Still enough to kill us if we’re not careful.

As their transformation finished the assassin stepped backwards, once more disappearing into his dark mist. The mountain lord instead flexed its muscles sprinting towards us while lifting its clawed hand into the air.

“Dodge it!” Before it even got near us it swung downwards, the claws elongating as they cut through the air. I rolled sideways, one claw burrowing into the ground I just stood at. Though I didn’t have time to look at the aftermath as I heard a whistling behind me. I let myself fall downwards, just in time to see the bloody blades pass where my neck had been before.

In my fall I created a Fireball besides me, making it explode to push me out of the way before the blades cut downwards.

“Stay away from him.” I heard Alice shouting out, gathering wind on her blade to push the goblin away, but instead of backing off it stepped between us, making her hesitate at using her attack as it would also impact me.

Giiiiii! [I’ll kill you!]”

“What!?” My surprise at hearing coherent words out of the goblins scream nearly made me miss the chance to defend myself. It swung its weapon, releasing blades of blood that rushed towards me, crashing into a barrier that I barely created in time, releasing a thin mist of blood.

As I could look past it the goblin was already gone, leaving me to stare at Alice. We both looked around, watching the others back. “Damn!” Realizing where it would strike next I turned towards Sarah, the bloody blade already nearing her chest.

Panicking, I created a circle, but the blade got nearer and nearer, leaving me no time to complete the spell before it pushed into her clothes. “No!” I screamed out as I saw the blade pushing further and further inside, ripping through everything till it pushed out of the other side, blood dripping from it.

My spell was completed, much to late though as it only hit the goblin after it has done its work. As it entirely focused on killing her it didn’t care about dodging my spell, allowing me to get a clean hit. It plummeted towards the ground, twisting its body to come to a halt once more, blood gushing out from where its left arm should’ve been. Though my eyes were fixed on Sarah who fell towards the ground, unmoving like a puppet without strings.

Giiihaha! [How’s that fucker? Hahaha!]” The blood twisted, stopping in its motions, to form another blade sticking out of its body. But before it could disappear again fire spread around it, converging inwards to stop it from escaping anywhere. I couldn’t see its body anymore, but a shrill scream resounded as the fire spread high into the sky.

Then I dashed towards Sarah, falling on my knees next to her. Alice stepped next to me, swinging her sword upwards to stop a claw crashing down towards us.

“How is she!?” She gritted her teeth, pushing against the colossal might of the mountain lord.

I looked down at her body, blood staining the top of her dress.

“Agni!” The ground cracked beneath us as Alice dropped on one knee, the claw still pushing downward.

You’ve lost someone. Again. One more I heard the flickering voice

“No.” You can’t be dead…

You’re to weak, just like I said.

My flames started to flicker as streaks of black flowed through them.

I told you the last time. I’ll take…

Before my anger finished its words I felt a hand gently caressing my cheek. “Keep yourself together.” Sarah spoke softly. “I thought I could dodge it completely,” she coughed, a little bit of blood flew down her lips. “Ouch!” She tried to move, only to twitch when the pain came.

“Stay still.” I moved nearer, guiding my flames along her wounds. She winced in pain, biting her teeth together to suppress a scream.

“I’m fine.” Her face was pale, her breath shallow.

You don’t look fine at all!

“Guess I’m still not strong enough.” She made a bitter face.

“Guys, I need some help! Now!” Alice screamed out.

“Go.” Sarah smiled at me.

“I’ll be right back.” I stood up, turning around as my mana traced a circle. A Flame Spear shot out, crashing into the arm that pressed down on us, forcing it away. Released from the pressure Alice fell downwards, holding onto her sword to keep herself from collapsing.

I looked towards the mountain lord, which grasped its arm in frustration. “Can you take care of Sarah? I’ll keep the big one company.” Mana was sucked out from me, pouring into the circle before. “[Flame Spear; Modify: Multiple, Piercing].” When I activated the circle half a dozen spears appeared beside me, pointing towards the last target left.

15