Arc 2 – Chapter 1 – A bloody opening ceremony
394 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hey guys, it's the start of the second arc and like I promised there will be five chapters coming today, each with one hour in between the next!

 

A hologram appeared midair, showing a lone humanoid with purplish skin wearing a black suit. “Welcome ladies and gentlemen! I, Safrone Meccart, am once more your host for the tournament, it is a pleasure.” He bowed towards the audience, before getting back into his straight stance. “Now, I think you know what is going today, so let us skip the boring introduction.”

“Get away from the stage and show us that big-busted lady!” A vulgar shot rang out, making the man stop in his intro.

A flash of red crossed over Safrone’s skin as his face showed a hint of displeasure before it quickly resumed his amiable smile. “Please refrain from shouting in between, especially such unpleasant profanities.” The hustling around quieted down, though that didn’t stop the man from earlier to continue.

“Fuck of and show us those ti…” When he shouted once more, he suddenly stopped before finishing. Complete silence followed as the man, a mixture of man and pig, green-skinned like a couple of other profane species, was lifted upwards. The most this space had to offer was their strength and a sheer endless impetus for sexual recreation, though no women would let themselves be bedded on their own will as they were even worser than goblins in that term.

Though this man, an orc, lost all chance to ever enjoy these acts again when he didn’t stop his mouth. Every person near him, regardless of race or species looked at him calmly, silently admonishing those who brought him here without giving any word of warning, or better said, the rules of decorum.

“What are you… doing to… me?” The orc stuttered, forcing out the words while he lost control of his limbs. They twisted without his control. Cracking resounded, soon overshadowed by screams. At first, they were remarkably humanish, but after its third appendage twisted, they turned more and more into the squeals of a pig.

Then it stopped, his torso twitching as it floated in the air, his brain giving up against the pain and making him faint. But that didn’t stop the forces from further maligning the body as little by little the arms were pulled off it, flesh and muscles ripping to release the blood flowing within. With a last pull the arms were torn off completely, spinning around to slam with their bleeding ends into the body and catapult it towards the circular stage they all stood around, disappearing into a black mass.

“Now then, I believe that buffoon was brought here by Mr. Suidae.”

“Yes, Mr. Meccart.” An orc stepped towards the edge of the stage, this one far more muscular than the last. Instead of his now dead follower he sported a linen trouser to cover up his lower parts as an alternative for its simple loincloth. His upper body was covered in tattoos showing the achievements of his life if one understood the meanings hidden in each symbol.

But opposed to what one would expect if one didn’t know of this place his voice was very humble as he bowed deeply towards the hologram. “I am terribly sorry to have let this happen. I had strictly told him to keep quiet, that the usage of such…” He stopped for a moment, searching for the appropriate word. “… crude language was not permittable. Especially that even such thoughts towards the lady were inexcusable. I thought that he understood but, most sadly, I was proven wrong.”

“I understand.” He still had his smile plastered on his face, though his voice was flat and cold. “While it is a grace to lose such a fool before long you should understand what I have to do to his sponsor.”

“Of course.” Suidae held his arm out, the flesh twisting and ripping just like the time before, but this time it stopped before it was torn off, falling limply. The orc just watched it happen, no mien crossing his face before the end. Then he bowed once more. “I thank you for your lenience.”

“The next time will be the last.” Still holding his smile, he spoke words that could spell the end of an entire species. But the beings around knew he wasn’t joking as they had already seen it before. Then, as if exchanged, he resumed cheerfully.

“Now that this little distraction is gone let us continue on. Seeing how there are still simpletons who show no understanding of these sacred halls it would seemingly be better to start with an introduction, opposed to my earlier words.” He bowed once more, as if to apologize for it.

“The cycle of life and death has started once more and with the first loss it is time for the great tournament.” Cheers rang out from the spectators, though there were also those unsettled by his words. “As always, it is open towards every species or group to fight their way towards a peaceful world, release their urge for slaughter or follow their darker desires. But today we are here to greet the fallen ones, those who entered the circle, only to lose in their struggle.”

He clapped his hands, the sound reverberating inside the whole construct. “I sincerely pray for your success in this tournament. And now, I am honored to present you, lady Lyriss.” With another bow the hologram faded.

In its stead a stream of water flowed from above, a creature half fish half man swimming inside. The water stopped midair, above the dark ravine, collecting itself into a sphere of water. Then the mermaid swam upwards, springing out of the orb and making it burst apart.

As she left the water her lower half, previously the tail of a fish, turned into a pair of slender legs which gently landed upon the surface of an icy rose, formed from the water. Seeing her every male would understand the desire of the deceased orc.

Legs made of ivory colored scales, too fine to count, led towards voluptuous hips, barely covered by a cloth wrapped around it, short enough to make one think that any inch missing, even a lower viewpoint, would show one places forbidden. And if the eyes managed to cross this precarious view they glanced upon her body slimmed down once more, showing of her stomach and navel, before the top of a bikini covered two well-formed breasts, far bigger than her species should have.

Clearly the woman knew how to influence man and wasn’t opposed to using her charms for it, but everyone here knew that any vulgarity would let them end the same way the body down beneath her was in.

Her aquamarine eyes sparkled in the light, before her long eyelashes covered them as she bowed forward, enticing not just a few to lift their gaze from her hip. Her waist long, blue hair flowed around her as if she were still inside the water. As she lifted herself, her small, red lips formed a smile.

“Thank you for your kindness, Mr. Meccart, and greetings, ladies and gentlemen. I am Lyriss, your hostess for today’s stage. I welcome you, to the great tournament.”

13