Chapter 3: Han Jing Take Off Your Clothes!
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yeah, I do…"

How could someone like him look so grieved? It was unfair of him. Tugging her heartstrings right now—she felt a bit guilty. But if they were going along with his story, he really should be getting back to the moon.

"I'm sure she's looking for you then, so it's best not to fuss and head back, right?"

If he was just delusional then he could walk out of here if he wanted to—claim to head back to the moon. A happy ending for her.

"...I'm not really sure on how to get back." He scratched his head, robes swishing slightly as he did.

And then there was this case. Back to the drawing board for her.

"Um, are you mad?" He fidgeted, "I could try looking for a temple or sect to help me…I tend to forget how inappropriate it is to stay alone with a Young Miss like yourself after staying with Chang'e."

She considered his offer—he'd go out and she'd be free. Her earlier wishes could now be granted. But could she really do that to a person who thinks they're the moon bunny? Sect this and temple that—he wholeheartedly believed it.

"If not, maybe a mountain spirit? Or someone from the forest? Not really sure if there's a crane willing to fly me up." He continued.

She bit her lip.

His sleeves were falling again, she averted her gaze. He really needed a change set of clothes.

Did he not notice how inappropriate his clothes were on her poor heart? But why was she even worrying about that right now? Had she already—

Knock. Knock.

Who could that be again? 

Knock knock.

She didn't really want to open the door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Coming!" She tossed a look at the man, whisper-shouting. "Hide!"

He froze like a deer caught in headlights. Shortly after he ran towards her bed, grabbing her blankets and burrowing himself in it. Chan Lee held back a sigh, why was she even trying?

She opened her door.

"So uh...my mom made me check on you," Han Jing pushed a container in her hands. "And she wanted to make sure you were eating."

Chan Lee stared at the clear container holding a serving Tangyuan, she felt her mouth water slightly. The glutinous rice balls were submerged in sweet ginger syrup. It was almost enough to make her forget the sticky situation she was in.

"Better wipe that drool,"

She looked up and frowned, "I wasn't drooling!"

"Yeah, right. Anyway, you don't seem to be shaken up or anything." He shrugged. "My mom was overreacting with the shockwave—I barely felt it."

Chan Lee stared at him for a moment… barely felt it? What was he? Some kind of superhuman? She fainted—although it could have been the effects of blinding light of the meteor. 

"I see…" She looked at him from head to toe, he was wearing a plain red shirt and cargo shorts.

He turned away and raised a hand, "Well, that's the only thing I came here for, I'm leaving—"

She grabbed the back of his shirt, "W-wait!"

Han Jing stopped but didn't look her way, "What else do you want?" He grumbled at her.

"Can you take off your clothes?"

He spun towards her, "What?!"

"Well that came out wrong—" she laughed and scratched her cheek. "Can I have your clothes?"

"What the hell would you need them for? What kind of strange fetishes do you have?!" He barked and stepped away from her. It was as if he was afraid of being tainted by her.

She grimaced and looked outside for a moment. There wasn't anyone else on their floor, thank goodness. She didn't want people to get strange ideas. "Come in, I need a favor from you."

"I don't want to do anything involving me getting naked—" he backed away.

"Don't be such a baby."

Han Jing reluctantly closed the door after she dragged him inside. He gave her a look, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Alright, what exactly do you need my clothes for?"

Chan Lee bit her lip, the man was tensed that he didn't even notice the heaping ball of mess that huddled on her bed. His gaze was focused solely on her, it made her throat dry. She coughed into her hand,

"Well, the reason for that is…" 

She had made the harebrained decision of taking a certain individual in.

"I'm waiting." Han Jing sighed aloud, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm supposed to head back and finish this game—"

"I'm helping the lost man over there." She motioned over towards her bed.

And she had made another decision to trust Han Jing. It was probably a horrible one. 

"What the?!" Han Jing grabbed her shoulders, "Are you insane—is that a hobo in your blankets?!" 

It felt like he was using her as some sort of shield barrier. "That's rude Jing, he's not a hobo." She felt the slight need to act in defense.

"Uh, I'm the Moon Rabbit."  Said person popped out from the burrow of blankets, a bashful smile on his face. 

"Okay, he's demented." Han Jing threw up his hands in the air, "I'm calling the cops!"

Chan Lee grabbed his hand, "No! You've got to listen to me—he came from the shooting star, he's an alien or something!"

Han Jing pulled away, shaking his head. "That gives me more reason to get away from here—"

"Please don't fight," the Moon Rabbit stood up from the bed, "I can leave if it really upsets you guys..."

"That seems like a good idea." Han Jing paused, his earlier outburst quickly subsiding. "I'll let you off the hook for preying on defenseless little girls."

Chan Lee gawked at Han Jing, "I'm not a little girl! Believe me, he came from the—"

"Moon." Han Jing rubbed his face tiredly. "I heard it loud and clear from the dude over there, move to the next point already, Lee."

"Why are you taking it in so naturally?"

"This seems like a case of reverse portal fantasy or something." Han Jing answered, glancing at the man. "Unnatural silver hair and blue eyes, ancient robes… seems to fit. Except he says he's the Moon Bunny?"

"I really am the Moon Rabbit."

"Can you prove it?" Han Jing tilted his head.

The other man pondered for a moment, "Well, if I had the ingredients, I guess I could make some pills—oh I can make rice cakes too!" He beamed proudly.

Han Jing grabbed her by the shoulders, "Lee, we have a cultivation master!" 

"What are you saying?" She looked at him uncertainly. He seemed to be getting awfully enthusiastic about this for someone who was insistent of making the Moon Bunny leave earlier.

"I suppose I'll have to start at the bottom," Han Jing paced around. "I've got no good constitution or special bloodline unless my parents were hiding it all along. Will I be having a harem?" He tossed a look at Chan Lee and furiously shook his head.

"Not really sure about that." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully and turned to her.

"The better question is what cheat I'll be having? I do hope I can get wealthy with this, but even if that's not the case—my boring days of staying with my family in our cramped unit will finally be over soon!"

Chan Lee stared at him blankly. "Zháinán."

"Don't say that, it hurts my feelings." He turned away from her, "So what ingredients do I need to gather, Great Master?"

The silver haired man blinked. "O-oh, well—"

"Han Jing!" 

The man in question raised a brow, "What?"

"You shouldn't be demanding things from him," Chan Lee tried not to hit him with the Tangyuan in her hands. She really wanted to eat the warm dessert and go to bed already, but things weren't exactly going in that direction at all.

She sighed deeply. Would it have been less crazy if she had hung out with Hua Zhao and his friends at a karaoke bar? Glancing at the silver haired man, he seemed to be waiting for her to continue. She had cut him off from answering Han Jing's pleas.

She gave Han Jing a look. "It doesn't matter whether or not he's really the Moon Bunny or not—we're helping him."

Han Jing frowned slightly, "Wait, what do you mean by that? Whether or not? Why do you have that sliver of doubt?"

"I'm still having my doubts about him!" She tossed the man an apologetic look. "For all we know, he's someone who dyed his hair and likes to wear traditional robes who knocked me out on the rooftop!"

Han Jing rolled his eyes. "Geez, Chan Lee, you have the wildest of imaginations." 

"You're really kind, Miss Chan Lee." The Moon Rabbit spoke up.

Chan Lee and Han Jing stared at him. "What?"

He fiddled with the sleeves of his robes, "You have your reservations about my true identity and intentions... but you still chose to help me—You have a good heart." He smiled softly, "Thank you."

Chan Lee felt her face heat up, "You're welcome…it's what anybody else would do."

"Huh, when you put it that way." Han Jing shrugged, "It kinda does paint you in a good light?"

She tossed him a withered look, "Now give him some of your clothes or I'll undress you myself."

"Whoa, easy there!"

2