Convo with a vampire
238 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were sitting on opposite chairs in my living room, if I could call it that, in the middle of us on a table were the pizzas I commanded earlier. She was observing the embarrassing state of my apartment. I just ignored her and started eating my pizzas, it wasn't the one that wanted to talk after all. As I was relishing in the deliciousness of my meal, she broke the silence.

"I am curious I saw you die, how is it that you're still among the living?"

I didn't answer immediately, only after I finished my pizza did I say

"It's a mystery to me too."

She looked at me like she didn't believe me, I didn't care at worse she would kill me, been there done that, TWICE!! Yeah, it was still a sore point.

"If you don't want to tell me that's fine but before I get into the reason for my visit, do you want to ask some questions."

A bit surprised that she dropped the subject that easily, I started getting wary of what she really wanted. But since she was all for it I asked

"How did you know I didn't die?" this was what was bothering me how could she possibly tell I wasn't dead?

"I didn't know I, like Luke, by the way, he's the one that reaped your head off, thought you were dead, it's just that I felt guilty about the whole incident and went to where Luke had his men buried you to pay my respects. That's when I discover that there was no corpse and traces of digging, also I was smelling a familiar scent, your blood, I followed it to an abandoned alley. In that alley, I found carnage. Following the scent further led me to this apartment and here we are."

'So the asshole is named Luke. Note to me, vampires truly have powerful senses. Also looking at her I didn't think that she would feel guilty and even come to apologize on my grave' i was genuinely surprised by her explanation. I was a bit more well disposed to her.

"So, is he a vampire too?"

"Luke? it's complicated you can say he's partly one."

"I see..." I didn't, at all, but it's just that talking about him was starting to piss me off.

"How could vampires' existence not be known by now?" I was curious about that.

"Ah this is due to the discretion of our people and some history manipulation, since we're immortal we have more than enough time to erase our traces in history. Also because of false information spreading. The rumors that paint vampires to be allergic to sun or garlic are bogus, don't get me started with the wood or silver thing. Like almost all immortals we can only die by decapitation. Well, that's what I thought until I met you."

'So it's like that, I thought digesting the info.

"Are there other supernaturals?"

"Of course ranging from Lycans to Demons, Angels and Fae, even gods."

"Wait gods exist like for real?"

"Yeah, it's just that you need to reach a certain level of power to become relevant to them."

I was officially mind blown. This supernatural world I was venturing into seemed deep and profound like the abyss, 'Well at least I won't die' i thought jokingly.

"I have nothing more to ask. You can say why you are truly here now."

"I am here to ask something of you," she said then she hesitated.

"What?" I asked curiously drinking a cup of water

"Well there's no way to say this well, but I want you to be my fake boyfriend"

"WHAT?? WHY?" I coughed from the wrongful intake of water.

"This...Well, what happened earlier, is the main reason."

"You mean when that psycho reaped my head off?"

"Yeah, I should explain from the start so you understand better. My family is one of the oldest vampire families in the world created by my father 5000 years ago..."

"You mean you're almost 5000 years old?" I asked my eyes bulging?

"What NO! I am just 22 years old this year."

"Oh sorry," I said sheepishly

"As I was saying our family is an old one, 2000 years ago my father received help from an extremely ancient and extremely powerful mage named Atticus White. To repay this debt my father promised his first daughter to his son. Now, I am technically engaged to the son of this mage, Luke White whom you met earlier this day."

"Ah, now I get why this asshole killed me, he thought you and I were an item." In other term am just collateral in all this story, just GREAT!

"Exactly, that's why I need you to be my fake boyfriend, as your resilience has already been proven,  he is unable to kill you. Maybe he'll finally understand that I want nothing to do with him."

"Why don't you just tell him that?"

"I tried, he is a blockhead he refuses to understand, and since his father is this powerful mage and also the regional head of the magic council. Not to mention he is the benefactor of my father, it's quite difficult," she said sighing

"Another self-entitled prick." I thought hatefully thinking of the bastard that had me fired.

"So will you help me?"

"What will I gain from this after all I am not your friend, plus you already owe me."

"I didn't intend for you to do this for free, of course, I would pay you."

"How much?" I said tempted

"10.000.000 $," she said calmly.

"*cough* *cough* I am sorry what?" I asked bewildered.

"10.000.000 $," she repeated.

"You got yourself a deal." Standing up I shook her hand.

"Thank you." she heaved a sigh of relief. "What's your account number I will transfer 1/4th immediately and the rest after the job."

I gave it to her and not long after I received a notification. No sound was sweeter in my ears.

I looked and saw 2.500.000$ on it. I was ecstatic, it seems my poverty issue was taken care of.

She got up and went to the door.

"I'll be in touch." then she left.

"sure."

7