The announcement
232 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shaking the weird feeling this mother and son duo were giving me, I listened to grandpa's announcement.

"As you all know, I am getting older and I can't continue to manage the Green Financial Empire. So I will step down from my position as the head, It's time to communicate to you all of my decision for the succession. I will divide my possessions among those present today."

As he paused "uncle" Thomas immediately spoke:

"I understand your thoughts for everything but why is this boy involved in the succession?!!"

"Silence!! it's my decision, also don't forget that whether he admits it or not he's a son of this Green family and it's his birthright. I also want to make it up to him for all the hardships he endured away from us, additionally, he is your SISTER's son." grandpa said emotionally.

I observed the situation calmly and thought 'I have an inheritance? Wow who knew? I thought those people hated me but it seems that it was an issue between them and my mom.'

"But.." my uncle attempted to convince grandfather but it was all for naught.

"There's no but, it's final!!" grandfather glared at him.

Mel stopped uncle when he wanted to speak again and shook her head before he finally shut up.

"John will take over my place as the head of the group." grandfather continued. Uncle Thomas's face wasn't looking good. But grandfather ignored him.

"My shares of the group will be divided between you all, Thomas will have 15%, John 25%, Maddie and Laure 5% each, Cole 5%, Carrie 20% and Samsara 20%, the rest belong to the board of shareholders."

Uncle was looking even more livid but surprisingly didn't say anything about the repartition.

I was also shocked about the percentage of my shares but I soon understood that it was because they were originally my mother's.

"The question of the family properties will be left to Carrie."

After the announcement, there was a short silence. Uncle John then stood up and said solemnly to grandpa.

"Thank you, I won't disappoint the trust you put in me."

"I know, you never have." grandpa smiled fondly at his firstborn. Cole and his father were wearing the same identical ugly expressions. Grandma who didn't speak much until now said:

"Let's forget the business-related stuff and have dinner. Samsara I hope you'll stay," she asked hopefully.

I didn't have the heart to say no to this old lady, so we proceed to have diner. During the dinner, I learned a lot more about this family, my uncles, and aunt, also about my cousins.

Uncle John married his high school sweetheart and had Maddie at 18, he had his own business outside of the family, which he started with his late wife and was very successful with a net worth of almost 35 billion. You could say he was a principled man with an upright attitude, he was even in dispute with his parent over the banishment of his sweet sister, my mother. It was not until 5 years ago that they started speaking again. As for my cousins Maddie and Laure they were going to a school for prodigies and were members of the elite youths of the city.

I also learned that my mom was originally an elite youth with a boundless future but it was my uncle Thomas that introduced her to drugs and partying life of a second-generation, from there it went downhill, he also convinced my grandparents to chase her out of the family after she refused rehab. If it were not for my First uncle's financial support the first part of my life would not have been this good, despite my parent being junkies from 1 to 15 years old I actually lived in an upper-class neighborhood. It's just that at their death they had already wasted all the money my uncle gave them, so I was forced to live in the Coldstone district.

My second uncle Thomas also had a business outside the family but contrary to my first uncle's self-made fortune, his, was due to his wife's family the Wade which had a business worth at least 10 billion dollars. His son inherited his self-entitled attitude from him, an attitude that cost me my job actually. Yes, I still didn't forget. It seems that my grandparent asked mom numerous times to leave my father and come back home but she refused, even when they asked to meet me, she also denied it still resentful of them.

Concerning my aunt, she was simply a genius she finished all her studies by the time she was 17. Then she went to see the world for 4 years before she came back and created a pharmaceutical company worth 16 billion dollars, she was also a self-made woman, and at 27 she stood among the best parties to marry in the city, numerous men were smitten by her.

Also, I had to thank my second uncle and his son for all this apparently, they had all lose track of me after the death of my parents, it was because of the 'Faux pas' of Cole that they managed to find my whereabouts and contact. So thanks, Cole.

All in all my family was filthy rich, the family business worth was massive at about 100 billion dollars, it wasn't even funny. This also means that with the shares I had I was filthy rich.

'Damn if I knew about this I wouldn't have signed a deal with the devil (Chloe).'

You could even say that my family was one of the richest in the whole world. After dinner, I was more familiar with each of them especially my grandma she took the greatest care of me.

I finally said my goodbyes and left when the sunset.

Walking to the bus station I was thinking about how my status changed this afternoon. I went from an orphan who just got out of poverty to the youngest heir of a financial empire  I didn't even care about the money of Chloe anymore. I always thought I was cursed with bad luck but it seems it's the opposite because even though I lived like shit for two years it all led to the awakening of my power, even though I already died twice it made me improve to an abnormal level and now all the wealth that came out of nowhere. I sighed emotionally, thinking about this, and felt overwhelmed and lost. As I was lost in my thoughts a seemingly expensive car passed by me and stopped. it was my second uncle his wife and Cole. As they got out, I stopped and asked smiling:

"Oh? it's you uncle, aunt, even cousin, to what I owe the pleasure?" in my most innocent voice.

4