History lesson (2)
109 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was deep in the night and Chloe's room was dark, the only light came from the soul stone. I was still awake while Chloe was sleeping, breathing softly on my chest. The intense love-making we did earlier exhausted her. Plus she was full of my blood which made her drowsy.

I was observing the soul stone, if I really focused I could hear numerous voices screaming for release inside it. My pupils constricted from the viciousness of the person behind it all.

'Tomorrow I'll try to see if I can free them using my willpower.'

Softly moving Chloe off my chest, I covered her perfect figure with a blanket. I stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom. Entering the shower, I felt the water washing over me ridding me of the sweat and other love juices. Chloe joined me a few minutes later, we didn't do anything, just washed each other in silence. I felt a sense of peace, rarely felt in my life. With her, I felt at ease. I could spend each day of my infinite life with her without getting bored.

After a while we got out, I put on a black shirt and blue jeans. Chloe put on a simple black dress showing her magnificent curves.

We went downstairs, in the living room, there were 5 people. They were seated in an elegant posture and were dressed impeccably. They exuded the dark elegance of vampires. Noticing our arrival, they stopped their conversation. The man who looked to be in charge motioned and the other stood up and bowed. Their actions startled me, but I soon regained my composure, they were bowing to Chloe. She had a high status in the vampire world after all.

''Milady we learned that you managed to catch a trail of those vile creatures.''

''Yes, they are quite a troublesome bunch, I would require more vampires out of you in the future, Sebas,'' she said frowning.

''Of course milady,'' he said in an obedient tone but I saw a dark light flash in his eyes. In an instant, his expression turned back to normal.

As he looked at the other four he could feel their coldness as their gaze fell on him. There was a 20 something man with short black hair and sharp feature, he was the first son of Sebas, chief of this vampire clan. There were two girls who looked eerily similar to each other. The son of Sebas was looking at him viciously. But he schooled his features.

'' Your highness, who might be this gentleman by your side?'' He asked warmly, I could distinctly feel his feelings for Chloe, with the way he was staring at us and the viciousness of his gaze, I would be dumb to not notice.

''None of your business, all you need to know is that he's an important person to me, you need to treat him as you would treat myself'' she said coldly not giving him face at all.

''How the search for those criminals is going. Did you find any clues pertaining to their lair?'' Chloe asked Sebas.

''No new breakthrough regarding their whereabout, we searched but they are good, never leaving any trace. Even the mage we hired couldn't track their aura. ''

''I see, pursue the effort, and alert me as soon as you obtain a clue.'' saying so Chloe led me to another room which I suppose was the dining room. We sat at a table and Chloe softly rang the bell calling for a maid to serve us breakfast. While waiting I asked her

"I didn't know your status was so high in the vampire community, of course, I understood from Stella that you had a reputation but not to the point where you could command this entire clan of vampires."

"Ah yes I didn't explain to you much about how the vampire hierarchy worked. It's like this, vampires with the purest blood or old vampires are generally more powerful and have a higher rank in the community. My father is both an old vampire and has one of the purest bloodlines. So you could say that on this continent people able to not listen to my father's instructions can be counted on one hand, actually, they are not more than three. So you could say that My father's influence reaches most of the continent. Vampires are big on hierarchy and bloodline purity so they are kinda beneath me on the social ladder, which is why I can come and mobilize all of their resources. Plus I know this peculiar clan since I was a child, I used to come here when my father was too busy or the situation was chaotic in our city, the supernatural situation I mean."

"That explains why that guy was looking at me with dagger eyes," I said thinking about the son of Sebas.

"Don't mind it he always made it known that he was attracted to me but as my 'engagement' with Luke was made known he was forced to back off. I thought he moved past it but apparently not." she said frowning.

"Well, I can't blame him you are stunning."

Looking into my eyes she let out a soft smile which for this beauty who never smile much was something. It took my breath away.

We were soon interrupted by a knock on the door. A beautiful girl wearing a classic victorian maid outfit entered the room with a plate of food. Although I didn't need food any more than Chloe did, it was something I didn't want to remove from my life, it gave me a sense of normalcy within all the recent craziness.

She served us and then excused herself before leaving us alone.

Watching her leave, I asked, "I didn't know there were humans in this mansion?"

"Well not many, most of them are employed by the clan. Also, those that stay with us are often descendent of old servants. They know the peculiarity of our kind and are excellent secret keepers."

"I see." The more I got to know about the supernatural the more I wondered if no human discovered its existence. Now it seems there were a few that were in the know.

Shaking those thoughts I started eating. Careful of the heightened sense of vampires, the food was comparable to the menu of top restaurants. After eating to our heart content we went to the garden to drink tea. It was beautiful out there, the many types of flowers drew an enchanting picture.

"You were giving me a history lesson yesterday before we got sidetracked," I said after a while.

"Sidetracked huh?" she said playfully.

I cleared my throat embarrassed.

"Well, where was I...Ah yes, the gods left, well the ancient ones anyway, the ones who stayed were their children. The Human Godchildren had a humanoid appearance, looking like you and me. They were 3 of them. The first one Lutter, had a powerful understanding of Laws and innate magic he became known as the Mage God, the second one Klaus, was the Vampire God and the last one was The Lycan God Elis, he was Klaus twin but they never got along, always in dispute provoking numerous calamity for human beings. Lutter as the eldest often had to interfere to stop them from destroying their father's legacy. As you can imagine those twins were the creators of the vampire race and the Lycan race. The first vampire was born due to Klaus wanting to imitate his dad, he gave his blood to a human turning him into the first original vampire the primogenitor. His twin Elis wanting to compete, also gave his blood to a human giving birth to the first Lycan. These two races of the immortal races were thus created. It is also due to the tension between the two brothers that those races were always in a conflictual relationship since their earliest beginning. The Goddess of Fairie left a daughter, Leyla Goddess of fate, and a son Nik with a rare affinity for time, he became known as the God of time."

"Wait" I interrupted shocked  "This Nik is the father of Clarisse??"

"Exactly that's why her status is the highest in the human world. Now I talked to you about the gods of two of the four worlds. Now for the last two, how to explain it... so the Angel world and the Demon world are in fact two faces of the same coin, they belonged to the Duality ancient God, he/she had two bodies, one male, the other female. That's why they were often mistaken as two different individuals despite the fact they belonged to the same entity. He/she left two kids reproducing with himself/herself. They were the Angel God Gabri and the Demon God Sol. Well, now that we've made the circle with the gods and their progeny, it's time to talk about the legendary era. It was an era of powerful magic and boundless thrill. It was brought about by the evolution of the different immortal races. As it often happens they entered into a war with one another vying for supremacy. As usual, the humans were the sole victims being weak and puny. Of course, the vampires or the Lycan would sometimes defend the humans but it was for simple and cold reasons. for the vampires, they didn't want their food source to run dry and also potential members of their race to disappear. Same for the Lycan as they could turn a human into a werewolf with a bite. As they were powerful races it was quite difficult for them to reproduce, so they were few in numbers, the human's raison d'être to them was to solve that issue. the fae wanted to turn the humans into slaves and the demons and angels had their own agendas. That war continued for so long it seemed it would never end. Most gods didn't feel the need to interfere in this war as they were thoroughly confident in their own races, that is with the exception of the Mage God Lutter, he blessed a youth whose family had just been savagely murdered by a fae with the gift of magic, in fact, he blessed the entire human race with this gift. But only that youth talent was so astonishing causing him to become the First Mage." she paused there. her expression was complicated.

"What is it?" I had the feeling I wouldn't like the answer to my question.

"The First Mage was a man by the name of Atticus White," she answered somberly.

"What ?? Atticus is the First Mage??!!!" My shock was intense as I never would have seen this coming. I knew he was powerful but I didn't know his identity was that shocking.

"Yes, unfortunately. That's why despite the ancientness of my father, he is like a kid in front of Atticus."

"But in this case why did he proceed to ask politely for this marriage between his son and you if he could have simply imposed his will on your father and force his hand."

"This...it has to do with me. The vampires gather in a council in the human world, the most powerful vampires to ever exist siege on this council. Stella told you and you should have noticed yourself that my dad fears me and a lot of vampires do too. It's because of a blood Prophet sieging on the council, he foresaw my birth. He stated a prophecy 1000 years ago:

'There will come an infant girl born from a father of pure bloodline. This child's bloodline will be atavistic and will regain the purity of the first Vampire, the primogenitor. Her power will frighten ghosts and gods. And she will give the vampire race numerous eons of prosperity.'

It's, for this reason, I am basically the treasure of the vampire council, as they see me as a rope to power. So Atticus can't simply do that, or else he will have to suffer the wrath of an entire immortal race. Even for the first mage, it would be a death sentence."

"Oh.. so it's like that," I said stunned by the revelation, but not by much I had already guessed that something was up with Chloe after knowing her all this time. I felt sorry for her, having to carry the future of an entire race by herself. I got up, went to her, and took her in my arms, hugging her. She was surprised but calmed down and returned my hug.

"I am here," I said simply.

"Ok.."

I kissed her cherry lips softly.

5