Chapter 3
81 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

I wonder why I didn't feel anything when Kuya slapped me so I opened my eyes and saw  Kuya Danny seized his wrist

"Don't be an asshole" Kuya Danny murmured

Dad suddenly  slammed the table.

"Dad, it's clear that Eschia copied Hana's report! We don't need this interrogation anymore!"

"Do you hear yourself Leo? If you are in Eschia's position, how would you respond?"

I nodded. I can't help but to glance at the perpetrator of this scenario. She smirked when our eyes met then switched back to being a victim in front of my brothers. I should've disposed you earlier. I'm sorry girl but today, you've already crossed the line.

Kuya Leo didn't say a word. He came back to his seat.

Tsk. Are  you still my brother? Did your brain shrink when a thot started to seduce you? I pity you brother. You have a good face. You're intelligent too. But what you think is "love" made you blind. You're not aware that you're just playing with fire.

Now, it's my time to break this silence

"It's not my fault! I didn't intend on doing this, I could guarantee you! " I explained

"Then how will you prove it to us?"

Looks like an innocent question right? Nah, he's trying to provoke me.

"First of all, I want to apologize to Mr. Inoue for witnessing this unruly event"

"It's okay, What's more important is to resolve this"

Resolve this my ass! You're just here to see if Hana is at fault or not. I could sense your plasticity old man!But I have to calm down. Just smile Eschia, he is one of the board of directors after all.

"We've gathered here to solve the mystery of why me and Hana have the same feasibility report. I want to settle this quickly so I thought of a good way to determine the culprit. And that's to recite the contents of the reports. If you're the  one who made it, at least  you have an idea of the what's written there " 

The four men nodded.

"That makes sense " they  said in unison

Oh Hana, why did you become so pale suddenly? And why are you trembling? Did someone touch the thermostat again? No. Did you see a ghost? Maybe?! But this thing is for sure. You're the one who copied my team's report. Just continue doing that. It's such a satisfaction seeing you scared.

"Hana is the first speaker. Then, I'll go outside to avoid 'CHEATING',  Kuya Danny will go with me , and when it's my time to explain, I will return here. Sounds Fair?"

"Hana, stand up" Mr. Inoue said

Yeah stand up girl! Listen to Mr. Inoue. 'Lemme see what you've got.

Hanna stood up.

"Uhmm.."

I interrupted her. Thank me later girl. I will stall time for you.

"Father, the report's here how will you check the contents without looking at it?"

"You silly! Then pick the papers" Dad shook his head

"But why will I pick it up? I'm not the one who dropped it in the first place. Kuya Danny let's go.I'm thirsty I wanna have some tea"

Before I leave the conference room, I made sure that I saw my Kuya picked up the papers.

I decided that we'll just wait in the lounge of this floor since it is just a few walks away from the room. Good thing is that there's a vending machine there so I could enjoy a cold cup of cranberry juice.

The clink of coins seemed loud because no one should stay here during work hours. I turned to Kuya Danny and asked him if he would like to have a drink.

"No, I'm good" he replied

I shrugged my shoulders and enjoyed my cranberry juice. What a refreshing drink it is! Perfect for the scorching hot whether in Manila. I think I should have another cup.

"I think you're innocent. If you're really guilty, you won't be celebrating like this. You should've have tantrums. And I saw in your eyes that you're fighting for the truth. The way you presented your self and the solution is admirable too" Kuya Danny stated as if he was a detective in a murder mystery movie.

"Wow! I could only say is " Thank You. I'm really happy that someone believed me"

He patted my head.  I think he'll never change because ever since we were kids he pats my head when I did a good job.

Now, I became more confident in proving that I am innocent. I think I should get my second serving of cranberry juice.

I was about to drop another coin when I heard heavy footsteps. In just a minute a familiar face came to me

"Ms. Eschia, this is the flash drive you're asking for. Good Morning Sir Danny" 

Blair is catching her breath as she hands me the 'evidence'.

"Why didn't you use the elevator? Are you on a diet again?" I asked

"I don't have a choice! The elevators are under construction"

What a poor assistant. Should I give her a raise for this month?

"Thanks Blair. As a treat, bring some cold drink with you on your way"

I gave her  my second serving of my cranberry juice. She needs it.

"Let's go back. They need you now" ordered after he put his smartphone  in his pocket.

I was surprised to see that Mr. Inoue and Hanna were gone. Dad explained everything. Right from start, Dad knew that she is Mr.Inoue's sugar baby. He let these events happen because he can't think of any reasons to reject Mr. Inoue's favor. Now, he have a reason to fire the bitch. I hate you Dad. I'll tell Mom you drank whiskey again.

"That's unacceptable! I should kill that bitch!"

Callista started to stab her cake as if it is her "real target". I tried to calm her down and gave her an assurance that we will never encounter her again.

"Finally! I'm on my bed!" I never felt so happy after lying in my bed

What is it again? Why do people have to knock during the times when I need peace! I frowned as I opened the door. So it was Mom. She hugged me tightly while saying that they love me. What happened? I'm so tired of hearing bad news. Mom please, let me rest.

"Honey, Listen to me. I apologize for what I'm about to say to you with a heavy heart. Trey has passed away"

Wait? What is she saying? My boyfriend's not dead! We just had a conversation an hour ago!

There's no way that he's dead!

2