Chapter 6 : Cornwich Woods (Part 1)
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Chapter 6 : Cornwich Woods (Part 1)**

I am sure that "those things"are the culprit. I have to gather enough evidence so Hugo and the Emperor will believe me. Yes, I need a powerful authority to stop this shit that they're doing for so many generations.

" Hi Jack! The day is so beautiful isn't it?"  I smiled at him as we crossed each other's path while I'm walking in the manor's hallway.

"Yes Miss.  Do you need something?"

Why does he look surprised? Maybe because of  a sudden behavioral change of this young lady  in front of him. Valeria would always give her servants  a scornful gaze, gets mad when they move so slow, will slap them when she's bored. Geez, Bitch! Be thankful because these people serve you and they didn't put poison in your food!

"You're a brilliant valet. I want you to investigate something. Once, you're done you could go anywhere you want but please be back before dinnertime. Here's money when you got hungry on your way" I handed him gold coins and a small scroll which contains the details of all the things that I want to know.

Now, all I have to do is to talk to Hugo so that Azalea won't die. I can't just order the maids to stop using those things. Maids will truly oppose the idea and a  rumor will spread that I am mistreating them. I can't afford to be involve in any scandals again.

I heaved a heavy sigh. This is a bothersome task. I went back to my room and stayed there while waiting for Jack to come. I have to finalize the solution that I will propose to the emperor. Whether I am  in my previous world or this world, life is boring. I really want that trip to Easter Island.

I told Anna not to disturbe me so when Anna knocked the door, I knew that the Marquess wants me.

"Yes, I'll be there" I yelled

This is it. Valeria is a scandalous girl so the Marquess tracks her actions.

"I heard from Jack that you asked him to investigate. What are you trying to do Valeria?"

"Father, If I could say that I know the cure to Mom's sickness and that I could save many lives, will you believe me?"

"As a father, yes but I'm Marquess Hugo Falsen. I can't just believe on someone's claim especially when lives of people are at risk"

I expected this response. Why would he believe his spendthrift and self-centered daughter?

"What if I told you that we are going to hit two birds in one stone? We'll save lives then  we could put up a money on a new businesses?!"

This reason should be fair enough or so I thought. He just shook his head as an answer. Does it sound like I just want money? Tsk!  What should I do? Eschia, think of another way.  Hmmm.. This era is where women were seen as completely inferior to men and they were to abide by rules set by the dominating men of their society. If I will challenge them, what will be the outcome?

"Father, give me 2 weeks! If I managed to cure Mother's sickness, you'll hear my proposal. I know I am not a doctor but I'm sure about this father!"  I looked directly to his eyes to show that I am serious and won't mess this up

He took a deep breathe and said : "Honestly, I won't let you do this but I will give you a chance. I also hope that you'll know the consequences"

"Yes. I'll take full responsibility if something bad happens!"
 

I have to show that Valeria is matured enough to be trusted

"Tell me your proposal now"  he stated .

I handed him the notes that I spent time writing the whole day. I hate writing reports but I don't have a choice since they only have paper, ink and quill pen here. My hands and fingers sore due to prolonged writing. Word Processor, you don't have any idea how much I miss you.

After reading my report he glanced at me, looked at my report then repeated that cycle for 5 times.

"Honey, Did you really write this?"

Valeria only cares about vanity but there is an element of vanity in my proposal so it would be enough to convince him.

"Yes Father, Is there any problem? "

"Honey, the proposal that you wrote, I thought it was written by Frederick. Do you really know  the Irian language?"

Ah! So that's how it was. Let me explain the reason behind his reaction:

Veluven's secondary language is called Irian. If you are a nobleman or priest, you'll definitely  need to learn about this language. There is no law prohibiting women from studying this however, women here thought it was irrelevant but  Irian is the equivalent of French  in this world! I have to show my capabilities this time.

"Yes Father, I was bored and I thought that Irian is an interesting language . Orage de nuit: peu de mal, mais bien du bruit... "

He clapped his hands and asked another question.

" But how did you come up with the solution to the sickness? How did you realize that it is the cause of the problem?"

"First, I noticed what's happening on my body. I also made a research about what happened to the ladies in the past. This morning, when I was watching Anna's sister playing outside our garden, I realized the reason why children are also affected by the sickness. Like what you've read in my report, I need some of your authority and  your permission to find herbs at Cornwich Woods"

"Honey, are you out of your mind? You know how dangerous it is to wander in Cornwich Woods!"

I understand why he is worried. Cornwich Woods is like a paradise for doctors  because you could find the rarest herbs there but the image of this forest changes at night. Soul eating monsters called Ecs wake up and starts to roam the forest. Luckily, they don't go far away the forest because the emperor casted a spell that will serve as a wall.

"Father, Our knights will guard me so you don't have to worry. It will be a quick trip I promise! I will save Mother whatever it takes!"

I was surprised when he hugged me. He begged that I should hire someone who will harvest it for me but I told him I was bored I need to go out for a while. Good thing that he agreed. I woke up early. We have to move now so that we could go back before the sunset. Meeting those monsters in not included in the plan.

The herbs that we need to get are Cilantro and Dandelion. I know cilantro being a rare plant in this world is weird. When I asked Anna to buy it at the market she told me that the only way to obtain this is by harvesting it at the Cornwich Woods. What's weirder is this is not a case to other similar herbs like parsley or celery! Are the Gods of novels making fun of me?

"Miss, this the Dandelion Greens, I'm quite surprised that the young lady of Falsen House knows about herbs!" 

Of course, it is also normal that I will bring someone who is expert in plants. I know their names but I don't know if that's the correct plant or not.

"I just read them in a book Mr. Echo. Since we already got what we need we could go back at the manor now"

While we are heading out of the forest, I noticed these pink small butterflies that are flying near me. I can't help but to appreciate their beauty, I've never seen pink butterflies in my entire life.

When I was about to ask a question to Echo, I noticed that I am alone the only person here.

Huh?

Where are they?

Where are my escorts? Oh no. 

2