Classified File 1: The seed of chaos (part 1)
278 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Fayna Arcon POV) [????????]

Five years ago our spiritual engineers managed to create a magical device that allowed us to communicate even if we were separated by large distances, the appearance of the device was a mirror with several circuits on it. The downside of this marvelous invention was the cost, as the amount of high-rank elemental crystals that this device consumes was so absurd that we avoided using this thing unless it was necessary.

But right now I was in front of five mirror devices reflecting the image of five important people: three kings and two spiritualists. On the first mirror from left to right was the reflection of the king of this kingdom, Sol Cross. Although he had over seventy years he still looked like a man in his mid-forties, his hair was white as well as his short beard and he was wearing some luxurious clothes. I've always thought a butler costume would look good on him.

At his right was king Chris Hol from the Holy kingdom. As always his young appearance and golden hair made me wonder from where Alice inherited her silver hair, although I already know the answer. Next to him was the sister of the Holy kingdom king, the strongest spiritualist in the Holy kingdom, and possibly the strongest spiritualist among us, Athena Hol.

If you thought the appearance of Alice and the princess Talia resembled her mother you couldn't be more wrong. These two children looked exactly like Athena when she was younger, except for her strict face. This wasn't bad considering that Athena is even more beautiful than queen Aiya, although she is inferior in other areas. I pray for the dreams of that brat to become true.

The next mirror reflected the reason for this meeting, king Ares Star from the Star Kingdom, although his real name was Parolito he changed it to sound more menacing. His appearance was of a robust man in his thirties with a bald head, on the reflection he was wearing luxurious armor and was speaking with a loud voice.

And finally, the last member of this reunion was the strongest spiritualist of the Star kingdom. No one knows his name or appearance, we only knew he is strong enough to be at the top of the militia of the Star kingdom. I call him Edgy since he is always trying to look mysterious with a huge black robe enveloping his entire body.

While I was whining because of the cost of using this device the conversation finally reached the main point. 

"Because of this, we must reinforce our borders and defenses. We can't allow these maniacs to interfere in the next academy tournament and our government!" (Ares (Parolito))

"Indeed, ever since the incident of three years ago, the 'Prophets' became more active. From what our intelligence gathered we know that they take the spirit from that incident as their messiah, now they are looking for him, and if he has one, his contractist. If my memory doesn't fail me, Fayna you said in your report that no one suspicious was in the area when you got there right? But what about the two people you "rescued" there?" ("Edgy")

When Edgy said that the sight of everyone here was shifted to me. I knew that something like this would happen so I previously lied saying that nothing and no one suspicious was there when I reached the area. As for the origins of Alice and Orie, I said they were two villagers that I rescued from the mountain. Technically it wasn't a lie, after all the report of the fort was the same.

But no one here was a fool and everyone knew that something was fishy but right now I needed that lie to work. 

"Ah?! Are you saying I am betraying everyone here?! If we go with the same plan then you are also suspicious! Your movements have also become strange since the incident of three years ago! What about that incident during your expedition in the soundless desert? Besides, What kind of ally hides his identity behind a useless and edgy attitude?!" (Fayna)

It was obvious that Edgy was furious at my words, he was glaring at me with hate and I was doing the same. I could have continued glaring at Edgy all day but Chris stopped us.

"Right now it isn't the time to fight. None of her reports were a lie or even a fabrication, so please stop that, and let's focus on our next step."

I glared one more time at Edgy before focusing my attention on the reunion.

Aside from this small fight, the reunion went smoothly. In the end, every kingdom agreed to exchange information about the prophet's movement and activities, as well as the reinforcement of the security and the location of the supposed messiah.

The first two to leave the meeting were king Ares and the Edgy, followed by King Sol.

I and Athena were about to switch off the magical devices when Chris spoke hurriedly.

"Please wait! I need to talk about something serious!" (Chris)

"I don't want to hear anything from you! You worthless scum!" (Athena)

The harsh words of Athena were rare. Although she is very serious and strict she never insults someone unless they had done something awful. Thinking about it they were very united until something happened ten years ago. 

At that moment when I tried to ask what happened they ignored me and said nothing, but now the existence of Alice explained everything. I didn't know how, but Athena somehow managed to find the truth behind it. I know she absolutely hates him and his wife for allowing the disposal of a little baby. Of course, I was upset three years ago when they didn't tell me anything but I still decided to remain silent until the right time.

I was thinking about why Chris was looking for more punishment when I felt a nostalgic bad feeling and before I realized why I felt like that, Chris dropped an unexpected huge bomb.

"I'm sorry for what I did, but please. Help me and Fayna to protect the child I couldn't protect!"(Chris)

That imbecile! I knew he would have an idea of Alice's identity when he met her at that dinner, after all, it was part of my plan. But I never expected him to deduct her real identity so fast, and even worse to expose it in front of her current guardian and the sister who hated him.

Not only I was in shock from his stupid action, I even wanted to punch him in the face to see if my punch manages to recover some of his lost intelligence.

I could only cover my face with my hand in frustration while Athena was utterly confused. I must say this was a precious moment, after all, this is the first time I saw her so stunned.

"Wha? Eh? Ah?" (Athena)

Chris finally regained some composure and spoke again.

"You heard me right Athena. The kid who is in care of Fayna is... I know I don't have the right to say this, but she is my daughter. The twin of your beloved Talia and big sister of Leo." (Chris)

Hearing that the face of Athena relaxed and showed a beautiful smile. Wait... Did she smile? Oh, fuck!

I was about to activate my magical device, or I should say my teleport, in panic when a hand grabbed my wrist. I turned my head around and saw Athena panting heavily while choking Chris with her other hand. I knew I was fucked up.

I didn't say it before, but Chris and Athena are my childhood friends. When I was a child I lived in the Holy kingdom for several years, the reason behind this was the job of my deceased father. During my stay, I somehow managed to become friends with them. But a friendship between the two of the strongest spiritualist is bad for the equilibrium between the kingdoms, so we agreed to act formally when we weren't alone. But to be honest this was a little hard for me.

The strong pain on my wrist made me return to reality and a sweet voice came out of Athena's mouth.

"Both of you will explain to me everything right~☆?" (Athena)

This is worse than I thought, this time we are really dead. As I resolved myself to endure the nearby hell a final thought crossed my mind: 'If you think about it, it's obvious she is the aunt of Alice, after all even the way they are furious is the same'.

12