Interlude 4: Her life
71 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
... remember to double-check your cloud storage when you travel, otherwise, you won't be able to access your important stuff...

(Talia POV)

After leaving the room I searched for the blue-haired maid. With my mind free of worries I looked around for the first time, it didn't take me long before recognizing this place, as it was one of the properties that miss Fayna had in the Holy kingdom.

Although this place couldn't be compared with her main mansion it doesn't mean this place is shabby.

"Alice!"(???)

Hearing a voice approaching from behind I turned around to take look. I had the knowledge of another maid beside the blue-haired maid, so when I saw a red-haired maid near my age approaching me I knew she was the personal maid of Alice, Anil.

"How do you feel? Are you still injured? Can you walk?"(Anil)

Hearing her concern over my condition made me feel happy, but simultaneously I knew this concern wasn't for me, it was for the girl Alice. Knowing to had to tell them everything I let out an exhausted sigh.

"A-Anil, I'm glad for your concern, but can you take me to... Orie, please? I had something to tell to you and her."(Talia)

"Who are you?"(Anil)

I couldn't let out an inner scream at the words of the maid Anil. I know I'm not like that girl at all, but I didn't expect to be exposed so quickly. While I was thinking about what to do the maid anil approached me and placed her hand on my forehead with a very concerned face.

"I don't think you have a fever. Have you gone crazy? Don't worry Alice, I knew this day would come, so leave everything to your big sister."(Anil)

Eh!? Please spare me the knowledge of another sister! Why are you handling me like a piece of glass!? What do you mean by I knew this day would come!?

Not knowing how to act the maid took my hand and very cautiously guided me to a room. After opening the room I saw the blue-haired maid looking... at a photo? Maybe I stared too much, as the maid Orie panicked and hid the photo, only to look at s with a pale face.

"Anil what..?"(Orie)

"It's worse than we thought Orie... she called you... Orie instead of mom..."(Anil)

Is this something to worry about? It seemed like that because the maid Orie immediately collapsed in tears after hearing the words of the maid Anil. Seeing this the maid Anile left my side and hugged the maid Orie while looking sad.

"Why...Why... my cute Alice... don't worry... mama will be here for you..."(Orie)

"Don't lose hope Orie, we can take good care of her and this time take her into the path of righteousness! I will work hard to be a good big sister."(Orie)

"You are right Anil! I know I can trust you!"(Orie)

Why is this becoming a soap opera? I couldn't help to hold my temple as I wanted to know how did we reach this development. As I tried to figure out why they were acting like that I managed to catch a small glimpse of a crooked smile on the maid Anil. 

I can't help to shudder at this sight, as her actions could only be explained as exploiting a possible amnesiac master for purposes I'm not aware of. I don't feel any hostile intentions coming from her, but it didn't mean she was doing this from the goodness of her heart as I clearly can feel she wanted to take advantage.

I wanted a subtle approach to this topic, but seeing their shameful acting made me feel pity for Alice, so as her big sister I didn't hold back and explained to them the whole situation without remorse. At first, they didn't believe me and thought I was pranking them, but after some evidence, they were convinced, and contrary to what I expected, the maid Orie looked troubled while the maid Anil looked at me with a gaze full of pity.

"That's the entire story... Can I ask you why aren't you worried?"(Talia)

"More than worried, you can say I'm worried...  about your reputation princess."(Anil)

"My daug-- your sister is some kind of... eccentric kid..."(Orie)

"Daughter?... Wait, what do you mean!?"(Talia)

"About what? the daughter or the reputation?"(Anil)

"Both!"(Talia)

I can't relax unless I know for sure she isn't going to do something crazy, I don't want to be known as an eccentric princess.

"I can explain it to you princes... but can I be honest with you?"(Anil)

"Ye-Yes"(Anil)

"You stink, Can we go to the bathroom Orie?"(Anil)

"You know you are being extremely rude right?!"(Talia)

"Sorry... you feel similar to Alice, so I involuntarily..."(Anil)

Involuntarily!? I'm beginning to understand why my little sister has an eccentric personality... I accepted the truth more easily than I thought huh... maybe the pity I felt took a great part in it...

As I was struggling to stay calm the maid Orie smiled softly and took me to the bathroom together with the maid Anil. When we arrived at the bathroom it was what I expected, as the bathtub was huge enough to fit a lot of people. 

Without wasting any moment and with practiced moves the two maids removed my clothes with ease, I can say without a doubt this was the first time they treated me like a princess, I don't know if I have to be happy or sad.

While I was waiting for them to undress too I, by pure curiosity I swear, looked at Alice's body. I told myself it was similar to my body in order to not feel shy, but when I gave it a clear look I was surprised by the number of scars on the body. 

The scars weren't huge, but there were a lot of small scars of cuts, piercings, and burns covering her entire body.

"You know... Alice is always trying to improve, to get stronger, but her path isn't an easy one, because of that she gets hurt a lot. I once begged her to ask miss Fayna to heal her scars, but in the end, she only agreed to heal those who are difficult to hide with clothes.

Her argument was how can she worry about her scars when I am suffering... Alice fears change, she knows her beauty and fears it would change her, so she lefts the scars as a reminder of my condition.

She doesn't often show her worries, but deep down I know she is more desperate than anyone, maybe she is a little paranoic, that's why I can only help her by showing her I'm alright"(Orie)

"Why is she paranoic? she doesn't have to be, right?"(Talia)

I was curious, what let her be this desperate, this eccentric, this strong.

Seeing my curiosity over her the blue-haired maid took me to the bathtub with a sad smile. She told me how she was a maid in the palace, about our birth, about how Alice's life was, how she was talentless, how she was rejected by the spirits even though she loved them the most, how she almost lost everything, how she fell in despair, and now, how hard she is working to save her mother, the blue-haired maid Orie.

By the time her story ended my face was full of tears, I feel sad because of the decisions of my parents, but at the same time, I feel proud of her.

"Don't cry, if Alice saw you she would say something like, Why are you sad? Azazel told me the story of a dog who waited for her owner until it died... that is sadder!"."(Orie)

I couldn't help to smile, indeed, I  didn't interact a lot with her, but I can see her saying something like this.

"Can I ask you who is Azazel?"(Talia)

"He is Alice's contracted spirit, they have a great synergy and, although Azazel lost his memory, he cares about Alice like a parent."(Orie)

Hearing about their daily interactions was interesting, I kept asking them about their daily lives, and at some point, the maid Anil joined by telling embarrassing stories about Alice.

"I want to keep hearing, but our time is limited, so we have to get ready this isn't going to be an easy night"(Talia)

With our bath time over we left the bathroom and readied for tonight, after devising a strategy I left for the party together with miss Fayna. 

"I hope nothing goes wrong."(Talia)

"Why did you say that Talia!? You just jinx it!"(Fayna)

Di-Did I say something bad? Why is she looking at me? Just why?

3