1 – Simulation
1.2k 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Xi, did you hear? Oscar broke through level 9,” the voice of a girl sounded next to me.

 

“Nope, been gaming the whole night…yawn~” Laying my head back on my arms, I tried to get a quick nap before the teacher walked in. 

 

“...” 

 

I don’t know how long passed, but seeing that she remained silent I raised my head to look at her and giggled, she was currently gloomy, “hehe~ Jessica, isn’t it just level 9? Look at our schools top, he’s already level 10. 

 

She rolled her eyes, “how can they be compared, one has a good background. While Oscar relies purely on his talent. Who knows what type of stuff he ate while growing up.” 

 

“Cough… I’m talented too!” 

 

“Heh,” she sneered at me, “if you were, you wouldn’t be near the bottom of the class.”

 

I shrugged, “it’s not like I could do anything about it.”

 

“If it wasn’t-” suddenly the door sounded, interrupting Jessica. 

 

Everyone in the classroom straightened their backs, this professor is too scary! He had sharp eyes, as well as an expressionless face. Word has it that he’s a veteran who’s killed multiple dimension beasts.

 

“James.”

 

“Here!”

 

“Fredrick.”

 

“Here!” 

 

He started calling us one by one until it reached a boy in the back.

 

“Oscar!”

 

“Here!”

 

He nodded in satisfaction before calling mine and everyone else. When he looked at my way, I felt my hair stand on end. Can’t be helped, who told me to fall asleep in his class before, during practice period too!

“Today we will be doing simulation training.” He stood in front of the room, with a pitch black board behind him, creating an imposing atmosphere.

 

However different from him, everyone began to feel excited with murmurs.

 

“Quiet,” he suddenly released an aura that caused me to feel a chill. “This is survival, and is not a game! If you die in simulation you can revive, but if you die to dimension beasts in reality, your end will be miserable.”

 

Seeing everyone turned mute, he nodded before having us get up before following him. We all went over to a room with a bunch of cabins before each entering one.

 

Afterwards the scene soon changed and the entire class appeared in an open field. 

 

‘Weapon selection’

  • Sword
  • Gun
  • Bow
  • Axe
  • Spear
  • Hammer

 

I chose a sword, as for a gun, although it’s tempting to, I probably won’t be able to use one in the future. Bullets cost credits and resources.

 

“Xi…” Jessica called out to me, causing me to turn around and see her odd expression.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You’re standing out…” 

 

!!

 

I turned to look around to see a majority choose guns.

 

“...” Blushing, I placed my hands behind my back to hide the sword. Although it was slightly too long causing it to stick out.

 

Sneaking a glance at the instructor, he was expressionless as always and didn’t point me out this time. Causing me to sigh in relief.

 

“From now you will all enter the forest to hunt, you will require to reach 10 points to pass, while those who fail won’t be able to go to the class trip next week to the spirit pavilion!”

 

Hearing his explanation, everyone became nervous. The spirit pavilion was the first step everyone took in order to become a dimension fighter. If we could become one, the skies the limit. However there’s an age restriction to the spirit pavilion in that if we can’t reach it by age 10 then we will forever be a normal person.

 

The best way to enter it is through school, while the other way is by paying credits. However that is too expensive, not even my brother who successfully became one could afford one.

 

“Also...death counts as a failure as well.” The last reminder caused us all to gulp. Well almost all of us, the top students were cautious of each other, while Oscar had a completely relaxed expression. Well, this test is probably easy for him.

 

 “Then begin! You all have 3 hours to complete this!”

 

Everyone dashed towards the woods upon hearing it, including me and Jessica. Of course we separated as well, otherwise she’ll just shoot everything dead before I can reach it!

 

Scattering from everyone else, I became cautious. The sound of my heartbeat pounding along with the birds and my footsteps mixed together, causing me to feel slightly dizzy.

 

Quickly appear! Otherwise I feel like I’ll die of fright. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming along, causing me to turn around. It was a monkey beast. Seeing it it snarled at me before raising its hand to throw a rock at me.

 

Ducking downwards, I felt the stone fly over my head as I dashed towards the monkey and slashed the metal sword at the Monkey’s chest. It moved causing me to land on its shoulder. 

 

The monkey screeched in pain before charging at me in a frenzy.

 

I sent a kick towards the monkey in response, causing us both to separate. The monkey losing its balance as a result.

 

Taking the chance, I stomped the ground before rebounding towards the monkey. Both of my hands grabbing the hilt while stabbing towards it. 

 

Unable to dodge this time, the sword successfully entered into its heart. 

30