14 – Training
532 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While reading it, I took a glance at Little Fish and found that she was sleeping on the couch. Going over I sat down next to her.

 

She gave me a weird comfortable feeling, that as long as she was there it was fine.

 

While flipping through the pages of the book, I found that it was about a world that was ending. They had become invaded suddenly by a bunch of machine creatures.

 

Although they could kill them, their armies were endless, they mindlessly slaughtered everything.

 

The protagonist was a student who had finished class when a mechanical dog suddenly attacked. With nowhere to run, he could only throw his bag at it before getting killed.

 

“...” eh? The protagonist died just like that?

 

The next page, the protagonist had returned to the beginning again, this time, he saved his roommates before grabbing a weapon to fight against the creature.

 

Afterwards, it began a series of trial and errors where scenes would be repeated while the protagonist continued to change his strategies to overcome the next event.

 

“Xi, it’s time for dinner,” Mom’s voice sounded. 

 

Closing the book, I woke up Little Fish before heading off to the kitchen. 

 

Getting a bowl of rice, I clipped a few vegetables and pieces of meat before eating along with the rest of the family.

 

If only Dad and Big Brother were here… 

 

“Mom, what’s Dad doing?” It seems Grandpa was curious too, as he turned around to look at Mom.

 

“After something a little dangerous happened, we got stuck in another place for a bit. I was able to come out earlier, so I decided to come back. As for when he’ll return, the earliest is probably a month or two when another portal opens up.”

 

Afterwards Mom turned to look at me, “tomorrow I’ll start your training.”

 

“Originally, if you had contracted a dimension weapon, you would’ve been sent back to school, however with your current situation, it doesn’t seem likely.

 

Also, I’ve observed you for an entire day and found that all you’ve done is stare at empty space.”

 

“But isn’t that also training?”

 

“Cough, it’s too early for you Xi. you’re still so young, you shouldn’t follow grandpa’s example.”

 

 Mom rolled her eyes at him, “luckily I came back early, or else my daughter would’ve been spoiled silly by you.”

 

After dinner, Mom took me to her room before giving me a warning, “Xi, don’t head towards the Spirit Pavilion no matter what.”

 

Seeing her worried look I nodded, “I won’t go. Even if Mom didn’t tell me, I wouldn’t have gone anyways.” 

 

“Go take a bath,” after getting my reply, she sent me out.

 

***

 

The next day.

 

Upon clearing the living room out, Mom passed me a wooden sword before stepping backwards. We had removed our shoes while wearing light clothing as we stood in front of each other.

 

“Come,” after swinging her sword lightly, she leisurely stood across from me.

 

Getting her signal, I stomped on the ground before lightly charging at mom. Upon getting in range, I sent a quick slash.

 

Along with the sound of wood knocking against each other, Mom had blocked using a simple slash as well.

 

“What will you do next?”

 

I threw a kick towards her sides, when she grabbed my feet with her hand, causing me to feel stifled. Her guard was too perfect!

 

“Mom, is there any point in this?” I asked.

 

“There isn’t,” hearing her reply, I felt like coughing up blood, “the most important thing is speed. No matter how perfect a guard is, if you’re fast enough, then it’s meaningless.”

 

Letting go of my legs at last, she let me retreat when she suddenly raised a sword upwards before slashing it down.

 

I wanted to block, however the sword was already in front of me, landing a centimeter away from my face.

 

“The next thing would be technique,” taking the wooden sword back, she went back to her original spot.

 

“Mom won’t tell you the direct answer, instead I’ll beat it into your body,” She raised her sword before slashing it towards me again.

 

Although it was much slower than previously, it was to the point where the only thing I could do was raise my sword up to defend.

 

I felt something travel through the sword causing me to be stunned. Unable to move, I saw Mom slowly reach out a hand towards my forehead.

 

I watched with my eyes opened wide as her finger eventually touched onto the area between my brows when my body finally had control of itself.

 

Placing a hand on my chest, I took deep breaths to calm myself down. 

 

So stifling! I wish I could just cough up a mouthful of blood to end it.

 

Turning around, I found that Mom had stored away her sword, perhaps seeing that I was already at my limit.

 

“We’ll continue tomorrow.”

 

Nodding, I went off to take a cool shower to calm myself down,

 

Changing into a new set of clothing, I exited the bathroom to find that Mom had already finished cooking a meal. Going over I ate it alongside Little Fish.

 

“Little Fish doesn’t need to train?” I felt like dragging someone along with me.

 

“She’s much stronger than you,” suddenly Mom threw down a bomb.

 

Turning towards Little Fish, I found that she was eating her meal with her head lowered. Going closer to see, I found that she was a little nervous?

 

Finding it funny, I pinched her cheeks before continuing to eat. 

 

“Xi, after this you’re going to be learning about dimension monsters as well.” It seems my salted fish life was really over.

 

“Mhm!” nodding happily, I continued to eat. 

AN: I really need an editor, 

22