Chapter 12 – An exciting journey
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There will always be an open door, there will always be a path to follow, as long as life continues, the paths will clear for you, even when everything has been lost, even when you have gotten rid of everything, even when you have fallen into The deepest part of an abyss, always open paths to choose from, only the shape of these will depend on you.

As it is the imaginary path of Refnier by which he is walking happily, to reach the necropolis of Silmaria. Path of which after traveling for 1 day until today, the atmosphere, before cloudy and spectral, now feels a sinister sensation in the air.

"Rag, ¿haven't you recently felt like a slight sinister sensation, that penetrates your body and your mind, causing negative emotions in you?"

"¿Nothing at all? Well, that's obvious, you're a golem, but I do feel, umm that will be, maybe I know the mystical miasma will be, but how strange if it is I imagined it as a black mist or something, well it only remains to check, if detect it well it is, and if not, umm well I don't know."

Then, Refnier in his adventurous emotion stopped, closed his eyes, and concentrated on detecting mana in the surroundings, being that in a minute he opened his eyes affirming.

"Well, yes Reg, as I suspected, we are surrounded by mana, and the dark passage, by which we can say that this is miasma, and that we are already closer to our destination, I did not tell you that going to the southwest was the right path, well now let's continue."

Not caring about his dangerous discovery like many others, but instead, he was excited happily, continued his long and monotonous journey while talking and playing with Ragnatium, while little by little the miasma became thicker and more dangerous until it arrived. a point in the evening of a day later, Refnier commented.

"You don't feel happy Rag, that the miasma is getting so strong, that sometimes I think about giving me back and killing everyone, or maybe committing suicide, this means that there is little left, well I think it's time to stop for today."

And just as Refnier said, he decided to prepare for the night, being the first thing he did, was to prepare a campfire and food, but during dinner, Refnier detected a sinister presence approaching, so he stopped and invoked several mannequin-shaped golem, even taking care at this point that its sinister mana does not impregnate itself in its magic.

"Something dark is coming Rag, you have to be prepared, it could be a demon or something terrible or, or, or, wait, it's just a skeleton."

He finished saying disappointed, when seeing several meters barely illuminated by the bonfire, a skeleton of a person running to him, without any weapon or clothing on him, just a sinister presence on him.

It was then that Refnier barely finished speaking, put his golem in front of him, while expanding his mana in the ground, caused that from the floor under the skeleton, with an infallible precision, the ground of this moved Tying him formidably-mind, trapping him in a thick and rigid cocoon exposing only his head and arms.

"Well, it's already captured, it was a piece of cake, this facility makes me question the rumors of this place ..., well Rag, let's continue eating, we will review it well tomorrow, but before it is better to put up a barrier.

Therefore, Refnier kept his word, raised a 3-meter earth wall around him with a diameter of approximately 10 meters, in addition to sending his golem to patrol just in case, to then continue eating and later sleep with nightmares due to influences of miasma.

"Ahhh no !, Ehh? , uff what a horrible nightmare, ¿Rag where are you ?, oh there are these."

Shout then calm down Refnier, from his terrible nightmare and then seek and find Rag and then talk animatedly-mind while his eyes dripped silent streams of tears.
"Damn Rag, what a terrible nightmare I had, I dreamed that they killed Lif in a cruel and ruthless way over and over again, how terrible it was, but hey, what's going to be done, he's already dead, and he's not coming back, what if we could to do, is to see how to have no more nightmares and I feel that it is because of miasma."

"Now, to the important thing, ¡breakfast!."

And declaring as such, breakfast as if nothing had happened, and then when he finished resting, he approached Rag to the skeleton who was inside the walls, and with his magic, manipulated the cocoon to interweave in such a way that it formed a cross with the crucified skeleton.

"Well, bones, let's see how you work, I know no have to experience in necromancy, but I have a dark attribute, it should help something, so let's get to work."

It was then that Refnier began to investigate and manipulate the skeleton, in different ways to outrage about it, until after a few hours it came to a conclusion.

"You know bones, no idea how you were made and how you work, I give up, but at least he learned how you are made, you are made of obvious bones and a corrupted or manipulated soul I don't know, what I know is that your soul is full of dark attribute, umm I think as a gift for your contribution I can free you, let's see if this works."

Finished Talking Refnier, using moving his mana to wrap and penetrate the sinister mana of the skeleton, then after some instinctive attempts, thick to absorb the dark essence of the skeleton, or rather let it invade it and then catch it and take everything for himself, finishing last, with his mana to destroy some seals that clung to the soul with the skeleton, causing it to immediately dissolve in the air, and the skeleton to crumble.

"Uff it seems that I succeed, but how horrible this mana feels, these negative feelings that invade me suddenly, what horror, it is to go crazy, but I think that if I treat them ignore like the rest everything will be fine, yes, there is only that letting him go, that everyone deserves to die, and that he wants to kill them or commit suicide, does not imply that I should care and be evil, well this was tiring, right now, ¿isn't it Lif? It's not Rag now, sometimes I forget, sorry.

And compelling with what has been said for a while to then continue his patient and calm journey through the vast forest, calmly absorbing and accepting the sinister miasma that was intensifying according to each step he took, and was freeing each undead that he was, to a point that his sinister aura before always hidden now escaped without permission from his body, his skin became pale and sickly, locks of white gray hair came out and sometimes he cried blood, but, this did not prevent his spirits and his 'sanity' would bend, if not that he would cheer up like any child on an excursion, until he had reached his destination.

"Wow, I'm sure we have arrived Rag"

Refnier spoke after 3 days of walking after finding the first corpse, at the end of the forest giving way to a large green valley whose mist covered a gray mountain that was seen in the distance, which contained at his feet and on it an imposing citadel surrounded by destroyed walls, now in ruins and infected by undead that could be seen from its outskirts to the inside.

"Well, now we have to see how to get in without being killed by all those dead Rag, but don't worry, they don't look very strong. On this way, I have verified that these rumors are exaggerated, so let's go."

And it was so with those words, along with Ragnatium, he ran straight to the Silmaria necropolis.

0