Chapter 7 – The Seductress
2.2k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If anyone were to enter the Palace's Library, they will see that everyone in it was looking in a single direction dazedly with their mouth agape. The books in their hands had been long forgotten ever since the reason for their lack of focus first walk in the building.

The Royal Knights that had come to guard the Empress were uncomfortable with the stare that was heading towards her especially if those stares had remained unblinking for quite some time now. How did they manage to not blink for a long time remained a mystery to them. Luckily, they were ordered to guard the stairs that will be heading to the second floor where Ophelia was.

Ophelia could have easily asked Sandhya to fetch the books that she desired to read in the library but she had thought it was about time they venture outdoors again after being cooped up inside for almost a week. It had been a week since their encounter with the Princess of Rager. Surprisingly, for her, she heard no news about the mad concubine's execution and no one had even heard of what happened to her.

Surely, there will be some gossips going around in the palace. The person that was killed was a princess of a kingdom, for fuck's sake. Surely, people will be on high alert of a rebellion or an uproar from the kingdom. Of course, the reason she was being so busy body is that she had nothing to do in the first place and a spicy juicy gossip could brighten up her week.

She pitied neither the concubine or the kingdom. They had made an enemy of the most frightening person in the whole continent they should have already expect of the unexpected.

She was dying to walk straight to the emperor and have him explain the whole situation to her. But, again, the man is the most frightening person in the whole continent.

Hell Nah, she ain't wasting her second life just as easy as that! She understood her whole position quite clearly and if the emperor not telling her anything then it should stay as the way it is. She has a son to raise, goddammit!

And speaking of Peter Arriaga Chewstewartca Kolgrim...

He has been a headache to her lately. The burrito has been practising on trying to sit these past few days. His action has caused almost everyone in the room during his attempt a heart attack. When does there a month and a week years old baby could able to sit in particularly in any history ever?

This young mother has no idea whether she should cry or be proud of her cold burrito. Hence, the reason why they were in the library. She had left Peter in her room with her maids while she looks for answers here. She even gave them her permission to give Peter a walk outside. It will be the first time both mother and son to be separated from one another. She's excited to hear the reports from her maids of his reaction when he noticed she isn't around. Perhaps it will unseal his tear reservoir.

The thought of Peter the cold pumpkin pie missing her brings a smile on her face but her smile disappears and her face becomes darker as she continues to read more the book in her hands. Oh my god! What is she going to do? Her baby is a one of a kind!

According to the development of a month-year-old baby, they only spend their days sleeping, drinking milk, pooping and repeat but her baby had already capable of grasping, babbling, kicking and waving. He had already checked out all of the capabilities of a baby of three months year old. His practice of sitting is one of the developments of four to seven months old baby.

His achievement was something to be proud of but Peter was still a growing a month-year-old baby who stills has weak muscles and bones. In order for Peter to sit up, he has to need strong neck bones and backbones to support his head. The possibility of him injuring himself is very high indeed. His visions are also still developing. At this age, Peter was only capable of seeing black, white and grey colours only.

Sigh~ being a mother is hard.

"My my. This is a surprising thing to see. Ophelia, the genius of The Academy is frowning over a baby development's book. Has it rained pigs already?", a haughty question was asked towards her.

With one eyebrow up, Ophelia amusedly looks up towards a blonde curly haired with green eyes who was walking towards her. If no one had known that they both were not related by blood, they will think that both Ophelia and the enchantress in front of her were sisters.

They both have the mind of women who shouldn't be looked down upon by men. Their seductive curves and wild yet calm personality drives men of Kolgrim mad with desire and lust but sadly they both were either already engaged or claimed by someone who they aren't capable of offending.

The woman before her is Duchess Elena Dankworth, wife to the Prime Minister and the most trusted advisor to the Emperor, Duke Cain Dankworth. Like her, Elena, too, is the mother to one of the love interest of the dating stimulation. Her son who she recalls name Leander 'Lee' Dankworth was fours months old now. Sadly, she had no idea what had caused Lee to be part of the heroin's harem.

Both Elena and Cain are decent people and great parents. Well, decent might not be the right word for them but they were at a point, decent people. Both husband and wife were her classmates thus she quite understand their personalities well though she seldom had a conversation with Cain where she could put his characters into words; she still views him as a great person who could work together with the emperor. In fact, anyone who works with that man are people who others should make a statue of; both in respect and in condolences.

"And what brings you here. Elena?"

According to etiquette, Elena was supposed to bow to her in greeting but before she could even gather her dress Ophelia had already hold her by the arm. They both were close friends with one another and a formal introduction was no need for them.

"It has been a while since I last saw you, Phee. When was the last time I spoke to you? Your wedding a year ago? I have missed you."

Even though both women were superior from other women in their society and men had to think twice before speaking to them however they had no saying to say to the life after marriage. They were held tightly back by their own marriages and they even have to ask for their husband's permission if they wanted to go out. Luckily their husbands were loving men who dote on their wives. For Elena, that is.

The two hugged one another for a while before separating. Ophelia invited Elena to sit on the chair opposite hers. They had so much to catch up on.

"How was your son? Is he well?" 
Elena begin. She was as much worried of her as Ophelia was herself and no matter how many times her husband tells her the emperor was treating her with the utmost respect she was still nonetheless very worried for her best friend.

It wasn't just respect the women of the time look forward from their husbands. It's their love and loyalty.

"Peter is as healthy as he ever would be." there was uncertainty in Ophelia's words.

"What do you mean?"

What do women do when they meet up with their best friend after so long and frustrated about something?

They talk it out.

Ophelia told Elena everything about Peter and how worried she was with him. The whole time Elena had listened patiently.

"That baby is far smarter than his age. I just know it. But shouldn't he be enjoying the life of a baby where you could sleep for a whole day without anyone telling what to do? A life where I could spend my life lazying around is heaven, I say."

"I know what you mean but, I'm sorry, Phee. I can't say much about your son since my own is not much less than yours."

What now? 

"If you thought, you're in this alone, you thought wrong my friend. Lee has been addicted to books ever since he could crawl. I know Cain's is a literacy family but Lee doesn't have to be so serious about it."

Hahaha...

"Wait, if our son is acting more of their father than we like to admit then do you think Ammie is going through the same thing?"

Duchess Amanda Nova or Ammie they both will call her and, you guessed it, she's the wife to the emperor's sword and shield, Duke Miles Nova and mother to a love interest, Malakai Nova.

The three of them were sisters to one another. In the Academy, they were better known as the Three Witches Of Kolgrim. Ophelia was the calm collected one, Elena was the seductress and Amanda was the mother of the group. They highly doubt their friend, Ammie, will have any trouble raising a child since she had already raised two ever since their childhood.

Conclusion, if there were anyone who knew how to handle their children the person will be Ammie herself.

What they hadn't known was to see her in the library in the baby section, as well.

46