Chapter 9 : Shadow Steals The Show
372 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After almost two hours of trying to imitate Lili's footwork Feng ended up laying down on his back with a pair of legs truly shivering non-stop from pain.

Not even once did he succeed earlier!

The best effort was a turtle-speed imitation of the motion and even that felt like electricity never stopped teasing Feng's joints during the whole trial.

"Woof...."

Storm got up and started to lick Feng's face when she found out that he's not getting back on his feet anymore.

"I'm alright girl, Y...you! Night you monstrous thing, never bite this area ever again. My family jewels are an absolute forbidden location, challenge it again and I'll poke your butt."

As he enjoyed Storm's care, Feng discovered that Night was aiming for his groin as his next challenge.

Snatching the little pup up by the scruff of his neck Feng started to reprimand Night for his bold attempt.

"Grrr... Bark..."

Storm lightly patted the little pup with her forelimb when she saw him still adamant about challenging Feng again after the man released him, pinning him to the ground and tickling his belly with her tongue solved the problem and distracted the little courageous pup.

After having fun bullying little Night for a while with Storm, Feng hugged the wailing pup to his chest and rested his head on Storm's fur to sleep.

Soon the other three pups burrowed into his sleeves and comfortably rested their heads on different parts of Feng's body and tried to get themselves some sleep as well.

The weather was starting to change every day, wind picked up speed and became harsher and the temperature lowered badly by night especially before dawn.

"If I sold twenty-five chickens for fuve bronze coins then my profits will only amount to two bronze and fifty iron coins, if the journey from Rock city to Obsidian city take me more than three days then it will be six days for a round-trip. How long will it take me to save a single gold coin? Do I have to ask auntie Qing if I can take some products on credit? Sigh, I better take a look at Obsidian city first. Deciding can come up later."

Feng said to himself as he looked at the stars in the sky, he was changing by the day and his earlier self who lived on earth was becoming stranger to him day by day.

Faced with the cold truth, the constant wake-up calls of the surrounding dangers and the other possibilities of harm that may happen to him any time, made Feng forcefully seek to change his current situation of being helpless.

He was alone in the previous live, without Storm and her pups he would be a single man riding a horse with low grade horsemanship and zero experience in swordsmanship.

Oh, the man with the chicken boxes!

How could we forget his immense amount of wealth?

Feng gave it a simple estimation in his head, if it was a six day round-trip from Rock city to Obsidian city on his horse.

Then it will take Feng about three months to collect that sum of money, of course he will have to do the first few journeys on his own then get himself a horse cart when his merchandise increase.

That will slow him further in every journey, then when his merchandise increase further in the future he'll have to hire people to help him, doing that will require extra payments for his workforce which will make the percentage of his pure profit shrink but his financial capital increase.

Which will further limit his earnings and slow him some more on each round-trip between the two cities, but in three months or in a maximum of four months Feng is certain that he'll be able to collect the money.

After meeting the scorpion once he arrived in this world then experiencing creating the ZhuQing Material with Liling, Feng kept feeling this hidden attachment to that demonic beast's body parts, especially after wearing it's shell remains on his skin for a few days now.

The sword general Lian gave him was excellent just from the look of it, but he saw many people use two swords and dual wielding in movies.

Why not him too?

The more the merrier they say!

Feng closed his eyes as he fantasized about himself wielding two swords one on each hand and beating up those who wants to bully him and make his life difficult, the fatigue from the previous exercises on that strangely torturous footwork soon pulled Feng's mind from consciousness to the calmness of sleep.

"Grrr...."

"Huh! What is it girl?"

Feng woke up as Storm got up on her feet, his head slid to the ground from her back and his face kissed the sand on the ground rudely.

Asking Storm who stood at attention and stared at the foot of the mountain as he wiped the dirt off his face with his gloves, Feng looked down and noticed the silhouettes of a few figures sneakily moving under the cover of some rocks.

The campfire Feng made was currently off and it was almost completely dark everywhere he looked and what made it worse was the cloud that started to slowly cover the moon in the sky.

It wasn't even a full moon tonight and the light it gave was meager and as that weak source of light started to dim it made the young man become nervous, Feng wasn't like Storm being blessed with night vision and keen senses of hearing, sight and smell, now that the moonlight is out he only saw a blur outside the range of ten meters.

Hurrying to place the sleeping pups in the sack then dragging it behind a rock to hide it, Feng put on his soft helmet and soundlessly unsheathed his only weapon and left the scabbard next to the sack.

Taking off his green robes and covering the pups with it to ensure that they would keep sleeping soundly, if Thunder woke up now then it will be really bad.

Now Feng was completely blending in with the darkness in his attire of soft armor.

Feng stood next to Storm and looked wherever she looked to count the enemies, more than thirty were the numbers of directions she kept staring while snaring her canines softly!

This is bad, really bad.

Feng looked at Storm's back and had this crazy idea, since he couldn't safely discern the intentions of these people without endangering himself or his animals or locate these intruders on his own in this disadvantageous situation of him being vastly outnumbered since he is bound to make unnecessary noise if he walked blindly on his own in this terrain, then riding this female wolf's back would be best.

She was large and strong enough to support his weight for a time especially when Feng's body is very lightweight, patting Storm's back gently Feng slowly mounted her.

Storm was nervous apparently because it was the first time such a situation happened with anyone on her back other than her partner, but Feng's calming massage on her neck and shoulders eased her agitation.

Like an adept hunter and nocturnal animal, Storm started to lower her posture slightly and take cover behind stones and rocks to hide her body as she moved.

While Feng and Storm became absolutely silent and more efficient and quicker in stalking these people he started to hear faint murmurs carried by the chilly wind of the night.

As Storm moved right to encircle these intruders Feng found one of them crouching behind a rock and taking sneaky looks up trying to figure out the numbers of the people at the location of the campfire, but he seemed to see nothing in the dark since the howling wind of late fall had snuffed it out a while ago before Feng was awake.

It was a man covered in a black cloak and holding a dagger in one hand and a short axe on the other.

'Good girl she got to his blind spot discreetly' Feng slowly dismounted from Storm's back and patted her neck to calm her worry.

The man was four meters ahead and was completely unaware that two pairs of eyes had been locked on his back for almost a minute now.

Inching closer with very careful steps, Feng pointed his shaking hand carrying the sword forward at the man's spine at the center of his back then pressed his whole body forward as Feng closed his eyes.

"Ughh.... Mmmfff"

When Feng heard the loud voice he quickly gathered up his courage and opened his eyes, with gritted teeth and a heart filled with a mix of raging emotions Feng stretched his hand and covered the man's mouth as he pulled the sword out from where it stabbed the man, Feng's previous aim had veered when he closed his eyes and the sword apparently stabbed the man's heart.

As he felt the man's last throes of death he hurried to lean him on his back and stifle the sounds coming from his mouth while looking around to check in the darkness if he's spotted, after ten seconds Feng saw the faint glow of life leave the panicking eyes of the man after they kept rolling everywhere then he helped the man and closed his eyelids forever with the same shivering fingers.

"Huff.... Hubb.... Huff...."

"Biao..... Oy it's me Dong.... Shit I can't raise my voice or they might get alerted to our presence, did you get their numbers? Answer me!"

As Feng was taking his breathing after that horrible experience because apparently ever since he started to inch closer to the man called "Biao" Feng didn't take a single breath, he heard a very faint whispering sound coming from behind another rock fifteen meters away.

Storm had her eyes on that area since Feng dismounted her back and he was sure there was another man nearby, while he was blocking that Biao's mouth Feng was mainly checking that direction.

Patting his heart to calm down Feng carefully returned to Storm's side and got on her back, she again circled the other rock and kept herself in the blindspots of the man called Dong who tried to whisper earlier.

Feng took a look at the clouds covering the moon and knew that he still got time to dispose of this man before moonlight shines again, taking a couple of breathes to calm, he tip-toed towards the man and did the same like previously, but this time Feng didn't close his eyes in fear of missing his target completely this time and covered the man's mouth first before pushing the tip of the sword in his hand at this Dong's heart with another full-body thrust with all his weight behind it.

This one was holding on to dear life and tried to bite Feng's fingers with his teeth , thankfully the gloves made the pain of the man's death-bite minimal to Feng otherwise he is sure that he would've lost a finger or two because the dying fellow really gave it his all by utilizing every fiber of his jaw-muscles.

Taking advantage of the darkness before it scatters by moonlight, Feng dragged the body behind a rock and took Storm to hide themselves somewhere safe and away from the crime scene.

Feng puked once he rested his body as he kept remembering how he just took the lives of two men with his sword just earlier, if it wasn't for the blood on the blade of the sword then Feng wouldn't have believed that what he just did was actually real and not some trick which his mind is playing on him.

After calming down slightly Feng took a peeking look at the intruders from his current high point of view, these guys were separated to individuals or teams of two and scattered in a line as they tried to quietly ascend higher while taking advantage of the darkness and the cover of the rocky terrain.

Only one large man had two others next to him and kept looking up at the moon every now and then obviously waiting for it to get covered in clouds again, seems like both Feng and that suspicious gang were waiting for the darkness to cover the short mountain.

Sighing in relief, Feng started to rest his mind that got stretched taut with emotions and rested his back on the rock.

'I killed twice, Zhu Feng who never threw a punch at anything just killed two men. And there's about thirty more waiting to kill me, once they find out what I did they won't show the slightest bit of mercy on me. It's either kill or be killed now, Shadow isn't the best of horses if I tried to ride him and make a run for it now they might catch me if they have better horses. Even with my soft armor if they ganged up on me then I'll be dead, I need to take them one by one quietly and perfectly take advantage of the element of surprise. The individuals first then the teams, my best option is to shrink their numbers and make a run for it if they're more than I can handle' as Feng started to sink in the reality of the situation as he started to watch the clouds and the men down closely, his brain started to make plans of the best way to survive the night.

"Let's go Storm"

Whispering after getting on her back, Feng made her head for his first target by pulling her ears gently left and right whenever he felt like she's heading for the wrong person, earlier he kept trying to memorize the layout of this mountain in hopes of making a mental map of the terrain which will help Feng traverse it efficiently from one target to another.

There were five teams consisting of two men, add the trio of the large man and his two companions then that's thirteen targets for later.

Feng counted sixteen individuals and there might be more hidden from his eyes back then when he tried to count them, he felt his heart turn into frost and his apathetic mode when he got hurt or bullied started to appear without him even noticing.

Killing one man after another Feng killed seven more men before loosing tracks of the other individuals as they climbed higher during his killing spree, now he was forced to either start taking out teams of couples which he can still track or locate or wait for them all to reach his camp and gather together.

'I guess Storm will be helping me as well' Feng thought as he targeted the first two from their left side.

He got down from her back and pulled her forelimb to follow him this time and Storm did crouch down and lower her posture and follow with light steps, Feng tightened his double-handed grip on the sword as he planned on beheading the first then piercing the other as fast as he can.

"Eh.... ugh.... Amb..mnfg..."

"Snap... Crunch..."

Feng did succeed in beheading the first man and only pierced the second one on his stomach when he turned around to look at their assailant with dread in his eyes, before the man got to finish his word Storm lunged at him and closed her jaws on his neck and lower jaw and pinned him down on his back underneath her claws.

With a single twist of her neck the man's neck snapped and his skull caved in under the pressure of her teeth.

"What was that sound? Old Yang little Tang."

Feng knew he was going to be discovered soon because the moonlight was about to shine again.

He decided to take the one who spoke and leave.

One man slowly and warily looked around as he came closer towards the source of the sound thankfully he too was doing his best to make his voice nearing a whisper, since the gang wore black cloaks Feng quickly took one from the beheaded man and wrapped it around his shoulders.

When the man arrived three meters from where Feng is hiding he willingly exited the cover of the rock and appeared in front of the man, the man stopped in place because he was startled by Feng's sudden appearance and almost drew his weapon as he reflexively went into a defensive pose.

"Shhhh...."

Before the man spoke Feng placed a finger on his own mouth and gave him the quietness gesture then waved him to follow and returned to the cover behind the rock without looking to check if the man will follow him or not.

When the startled man saw this strange sight he relaxed his guard then hunched over and took careful steps towards the area Feng just went while sighing inwardly and smiling slightly at how scared he was right now, but he got pushed from behind to the ground suddenly by something heavy and he felt sharp pain on his back as his skin got punctured by long and curved weapons.

Before his face hit the ground his neck was between Storm's canines and he couldn't make a single sound escape his throat before he died.

"Let's go, you did very good girl."

Feng bent over and collected the weapons of the three men and got on Storm's back and hurried her to leave.

When the moonlight shone the men stopped moving, then they found that their numbers are clearly less than what it is supposed to be.

The team of three men nervously gave gestures to the men around them to try and quietly move and see what is delaying their partners from ascending with them, in five minutes the first body was discovered then another and five bodies of the twelve men Feng killed were found.

All of that happened as he hid seventy meters away from his nearest target and watched with two apathetic eyes, the difference between Feng's eyes now and when he killed the first man was the difference between a civilian who never held a knife and a stone-cold heartless assassin with a hundred kills under his belt.

"Whistle...."

The tall man with exaggerated arms and fists whistled loudly and his men gathered towards him, Feng wasn't very mistaken with his earlier estimations of the gang cloaked in black.

There were twenty-two men left and someone was nearby him, getting the idea of the estimated numbers of his opposition Feng quickly patted Storm and got up to join these men he was already wearing one of the black cloaks and he decided to get bold or he won't be able to kill these fuckers who robbed him from the peace of his sleep and forced him to throw away the purity of his soul and dirty his hands with their filthy blood.

"Stay, good girl."

When Storm tried to follow he stopped her and patted her head while whispering that.

"Whine...."

"Watch my back.... Good girl."

Then he arranged his cloak and hid the stain of blood by making a fold on the cloak, when he made sure nothing was wrong in his hurried disguise Feng hunched his body and followed after the man nearby him towards the tall man who seemed to be the leader.

"Only twenty-four of us! Where's the rest?"

The tall man asked as he kept giving the surroundings vigilant looks and hatefully glared towards the campsite area.

"Biao is dead as well as Dong, over there old Yang and little Tang's bodies beside another one of our own but his head was crushed and I couldn't recognize him, whoever did that only took their weapons with him."

Feng toughened his voice and made it sound deeper, then spoke in a low tune as he pointed the places he killed these five men to the gang boss.

The black cloak helped in hiding his soft armor and helmet and luckily another cloud started to cover the moon after he spoke.

"Damn, did anyone see how many they are?"

The gang kept looking at each other after the boss asked.

"Useless trash, ten of us died without any of you seeing a single enemy. They are not ghosts who disappear into thin air, stay together and keep a close watch at your surroundings. We'll climb together."

The tall man punched the ground in frustration as he did his best to keep his voice down and not to yell at his men, it was already annoying him enough that he had to make that whistle and gather his men.

The two dozen men started to go up in pairs with the trio around the center with another man as an addition ten were right including Feng and ten were left.

"This is the first time our mist bandits suffered such a loss, boss Bone Crusher must be enraged."

The man next to Feng whispered faintly as he looked towards the tall man to their left.

"I'll try to go up and take a close look."

"Be careful..... Mmmg.... Spurt...."

Feng surprised the man as he spoke when they were hidden behind a rock, he took advantage of the man's distraction as he was looking around then used his previous experience and covered his mouth and planted the sword in the man's chest and twisted it while holding him close until he stopped moving.

"Boss bone crusher must be enraged."

"You kidding! Of course he's, as the newest boss amongst the nine leaders of the mist bandits gang he was hoping to get a huge haul from this mission. Now after losing so many men, first boss is surely going to scold the shit out of h..... Mmmfgh"

Then Feng started to be the first to initiate a conversation with the bandits and catch them off guard when there's an opportunity, he would intentionally slow his movements and listen for more information which would enable him to initiate the conversations with these men and separate one from each team before he disposes of him then sneak up on the other and go for other targets.

Without the boss called Bone Crusher noticing he finished the entire right flank of his men and sneaked towards the left flank, before the moonlight appeared he took out one of the group members from the left and took his place in that team.

Moonlight shined at the mist bandits gang as they stood in the campsite looking at Shadow as he lazily grazed the sparse grass strands from around him and the few boxes containing thirty something of chickens.

"A horse and a few birds! Where's the rest of the men in this camp and their supplies?"

When bone crusher saw the miserable camp he gritted his teeth until they groaned then he discovered that the numbers of his men has been halved in the span of half an hour, finally he couldn't endure his frustration and shouted at the two men next to him.

They looked down at the area and noticed two bodies which Feng couldn't hide properly after his kill since he was in a hurry.

"Boss Bone, look that's one of our men and there as well."

Fear started to creep inside the gang leader and he checked the black horse with with his eyes and saw nothing but a saddle on his back then the area that looked desolate from the expected tracks of a big gathering of men, he wanted to tell his men to search the area but that didn't help earlier when they scattered in smaller teams then their numbers lowered even more when they clustered together.

This time without enough time for the gang leader to make up his mind, clouds started to cover the moon again.

"Stick close to one another."

Bone crusher said with a panicking tune when he looked at the moon, he pulled his cloak and threw it at his feet and that made his bald head, huge physique and dark skin and complexion appear in front of Feng's eyes.

One horizontal scar from the chin to the ear connected both at his left cheek, large nose that got punched in his face with wide snouts and big black eyes that had their whiteness almost glowing in the dark.

His weapons were a couple of iron knuckles with three pointy spikes on each knuckle, long and muscular arms and puffy chest and back muscles visible through his tight top when he turned to look around him.

He was more than two meters tall and kept his eyes at his surroundings cautiously all the time as he relaxed his arms and prepared them for the action which he expected to come when the moonlight is gone.

One by one the men started to pull their cloaks and Feng had to do the same or he'll be suspicious amongst them.

Swords, blades, daggers and short axes, one even had a shield on his back and a one handed flail with a dangerous spiky looking metal ball attached to the end by a chain.

Before the others got to notice his different attitude he acted like he's taking his cloak off as well and the others turned their attention towards the surroundings, with one swift swing Feng slit the throat of man carrying the shield and flail and continued to pierce the heart of one of bone crusher's two close men.

The hand holding the cloak threw it at two men to the left to blind their eyes and he hurried to make two clumsy swings at their bodies before they react to the sudden attack.

"Goaacch..... Ughhh..... Blfgh.... Aaaahhhh....."

In two seconds Feng killed four men of the thirteen men from the gang.

"Watch out! He's the enemy.... Omfffhg...."

"My arm...."

"Growl...."

"Niegh...."

As chaos descended on the gang Feng ran away to hide in the darkness from them before they gang up on him and to prevent them from surrounding him, when the gang turned their attention towards him as he ran Storm jumped on a sword user and tore his sword wielding arm off.

The gang leader bone crusher was the most unlucky of the nine people left, surprisingly Shadow gave the man's back a ruthless double back kick with his hoofs.

Before bone crusher continued his words he flew eight meters then fell face first on the ground after meeting a rock on the way with his chest then rolling a couple meters on the ground, he was knocked out cleanly and his back was imprinted with two lucky marks!

The bandits numbers became seven after Storm snapped her victim's neck then growled at the seven scared men who lost their leader earlier than any of them could've expected.

"Run."

Before the first man said it he saw the others scatter faster than him.

Feng found a blind fool come his way and he did a double-handed baseball swing at his midsection, the man fell in two parts at the ground after his lower part took a couple more steps before it fell awkwardly after the knee joints failed to support the weight of the waist and Feng was surprised by the sharpness of the sword in his hand.

He wanted to leave a wound on the man that would prevent him from going afar as he focus on stopping the others from leaving the mountain, yet he severed the man in half in a clean cut!

Storm handled another one and followed after the third while Feng went towards the man who ran towards the area which he hid the pups in earlier, but he saw Shadow's front hoofs do some rabid and quick pedaling kicks on the face and chest of some stupid bandit who wanted to steal the horse and run, Shadow's image as he reared and stood on his hind-limbs and surprised the bandit with these kicks reminded Feng of the taekwondo masters back on earth when they did their amazing flying kicks repeatedly and broke countless wooden targets as if they're walking on air!

The man noticed that Feng was following him and panicked as he ran faster as if he's really being chased by a demon from hell, after all Feng never took off his soft helmet and was resembling a devil-being in his black attire, coupled with the horrors of the night and the amount of people who died mysteriously and the mental pressure on top of the bandit's fear made the man run faster than Feng could ever believe.

'Fuck, is he Usain Bolt or something! This man is too damn fast' Feng thought as he felt his legs tire out, but he was happy that the man didn't go towards the pups and continued to run further up the mountain.

The area ahead was a dead end and the man was bound to find that out after Feng corner him.

"Huff.... it can't be like this, I refuse to die like this."

The moonlight shined on the man's ferocious expression and bloodshot eyes as he watched the high rocks blocking his path of escape forward, he was scared out of his mind and disparate for dear life as he watched this black humanoid being which looks like a man come near with a sword bloodied by the blood of his gang members, despair started to grip him by the neck.

"What do you want? Just what do you want? Don't come near me.... I said don't come any closer! Ughhh...."

The man gripped his sword with one hand and waved it at air in an act of intimidating then started to throw rocks and stones at Feng  with the other hand as he gave empty threats laced with a begging tune to them.

'That really tired me out, my physical capabilities are very bad. I need to train my body and grow stronger, fuck! That one actually hurt my toes a bit you asshole' Feng was trying to catch his breath as he walked slowly towards the cornered man, he completely ignored the stones and rocks coming his was and only made sure they don't hit the area of his eyes.

His attire of ZhuQing armor was able to negate the pressure and spread it around the armor's surface, it only hurt slightly when one large two-heads sized stone hit his foot.

"Arghhh I'll fight you to death."

Finally the man lost his last shred of sanity when he saw the black thing get hit with the rocks without any effect or damage being inflicted on it, it didn't even try to dodge any of the stones which he threw and kept coming closer at him.

Holding tighter on his sword he gathered his courage then ran at it and swung downwards after jumping from a stone.

Feng took a step to the side and swung at the man's waist while evading the trajectory of the bandit's swing.

"Spurt...."

The man was wounded at his left side and fell on his legs then staggered slightly before doing a roll on the floor to dodge Feng's next rising swing.

"Haah...."

Again Feng took a back-step to avoid the sneaky strike at his foot from the man who didn't forget to roll and slash at the his enemy's legs at same time, now that he's not sneak-attacking these people and trying to avoid every single sword swing that is coming at him while inflicting damage in return, Feng's inferiority when it comes to swordsmanship was very apparent.

Feng was sure of the soft armor's defensive capabilities but if he fought while relying on it then he'll come to form a habit of that and neglecting defense would be his glaring flaw, if he met an opponent who could bypass the ZhuQing material's defensive capabilities then he'll only end up killing himself by going head-long to meet the attacks of his enemies.

Now that Feng is alone with this man he can hone his sword skills and learn from experience, taking advantage of the situation Feng gave the fight his full attention and focus while the man from mist bandits kept accumulating one wound one after another as the sword duel continued.

Finally the maniacal light in the bandit's eyes dissolved and his head cleared up after accumulating enough wounds to keep him from running away.

"Guh..... What kind of a monster are you?"

The man asked as he tried to prevent the wound in his left side from bleeding anymore with his right hand and single handedly swinging his sword with the left trying to keep Feng away, he retreated again and again while searching with his eyes hoping for a way out of this place or one from his gang members to come assisst him.

"Heh, human same as you, same kind of monster."

Feng spoke for the first time and the man was startled as he remembered that voice, it was the same as the man who spoke back then when they gathered after the boss whistled.

"It is you from back then! Just what do you want from me? I'll give you all my money, I have two beautiful daughters take them with my four women. Please spare my life..."

The man felt his head go dizzy from the blood loss and started to offer Feng his fortune in exchange for his life.

"Do you have your money with you? Or are you asking me to let you go get it?"

Feng sneered under his helmet at the bandit as he spoke.

"Uh! N...no it is just nearby hidden in a mountain cave...."

"You done?"

"There is gold and precious stones in the..."

"Then die."

Feng saw the man continue with his bullshit with evasive eyes and didn't hesitate to pierce his throat.

He already felt this duel becoming pointless ever since the man's movements became slow as the wounds on his body increased in number, Feng took the man's sword and searched his body for any money and found one silver coin and thirty bronze coins.

"Fuck! A bandit have more than ten times the money I have, I gotta search these fuckers thoroughly."

Feng found the man's clothes worthless and didn't take them, he took the belt carrying the sheath holding a small dagger at his side then placed it at his waist then left.

Feng was enthusiastically running back to his camp to search for more money.

"Huh! Why are you standing on top of this man? Shadow! did you hear me? Stop stomping on him he's already dead, what is wrong with you?"

When he arrived Feng saw Storm sitting with her pups feeding from her belly next to the campfire remains, and Shadow standing on top of Bone Crusher's body and stomping down at his back over and over again with his front hoofs.

From the looks of it and the amount of blood coming out from the bald man's mouth it was clearly he suffered from internal bleeding after receiving the double kick from Shadow's back hoofs previously, the two deep marks on his back were very apparent and their indentation didn't fade away until now.

"Groan...."

"Fuck! he's still alive after taking that kick?"

Feng led Shadow by the reins to his food and walked back to gang leader Bone Crusher, he flipped him on his back and started searching the man's body and took away the knuckles from his hands but he was surprised to find him still alive and breathing shallowly yet apparently in great pain.

"Just how shameless can you be? Huh! such a big fellow and dares to wear an inner vest, off you go."

Feng saw some mithril lightweight vest underneath Bone Crusher's sleeveless top, he took it off unceremoniously and counted eight silver and fifty bronze coins in a small leather bouch at his waist.

"Being a bandit is that profitable? I got almost ten silver coins just from two people! Shadow, watch this fucker closely."

"Brrrcht.... Neigh...."

Shadow's eyes lit up and he returned to stand on top of bone crusher's body at Feng's order, without the inner vest the tall man's face started turning blue under the weight of Shadow's body.

But Feng was disappointed later, only one man had another silver coin on him among the dead the rest of the money he found was bronze coins only.

All the bandits wore ordinary clothes and not a single metal armor was on them, only one wore some kind of a leather armor but he was beheaded by Feng and his armor was useless in giving him protection.

Another wore leather boots of the same style as the leather armor Feng found earlier and was confiscated just the same.

Only when Feng placed all the weapons and the only set of leather armor and boots next to Storm and sat to count his money did he sigh in relief.

He really was going to be robbed by these rich guys at least if they had discovered him first, now, Feng came out on top and reversed the results on the bandits and wiped them out except for the leader then took their wealth for himself.

Without hesitation Zhu Feng wore the mithril vest, leather armor and boots on then draped the green robes on top of them.

Now if Feng increased his strength and speed in the future then with these items assuring his life and boosting his defense further then he wouldn't fear going against that captain Li's whole company alone.

And let's forget that he's currently rich!

The sum of money in his small bundle is 10 silver coins and more than 1300 bronze coins, he could never imagine that banditry is this profitable.

These guys are loaded!

"I even said that trade is the most profitable business before? Sigh. Say that to my sack of potatoes!"

Feng shook his head and looked at the blue faced Bone Crusher underneath Shadow's hoofs with anger filling his eyes, because of this idiot he was targeted and because of this ex-rich idiot and currently dying-idiot he had to kill almost thirty men in the last couple hours.

If he was forced to kill then it should be taking one life and that was the normal standard in his previous life, but, now Feng was estranged from that so-called normalcy and didn't even hesitate when he took the last man's life.

He didn't even feel a thing!

It felt to Feng like killing one of his chickens, he was blank as he did it as if he was watching some movie instead of actually doing it himself.

"Thanks Shadow, I'll buy you lots and lots of fruits and veggies. I promise to get you the best partner when I get rich, go rest buddy."

Slapping the bandit boss's face roughly to wake him up as he held his sword tightly, Feng was even prepared to cut one of the man's arms at the first signs of him trying anything funny.

"Uah...."

"Rise and shine bitch."

Feng slapped the man's large and smooth bald head when he saw signs of him becoming awake and aware of his surroundings.

"Cough..cough... What happened? Wher..."

"Shut up, i'll be the one asking questions, each time you lie i'll leave a scar on your body. The bigger the lie the larger and deeper the scar, you're welcome to try my patience."

Feng slapped bone crusher's head and gave his terms while staring at the glaring scar at his face.

"Cough... I don't feel good, I think i'm going to sleep... Gah."

Bone crusher tried to fake fainting and got a scar on his right shoulder.

"What's your name?"

"Zhang Ye... Gah."

Bone crusher's eye became shifty when he answered and another scar decorated his right shoulder, an "X" was bleeding there.

"What's your name?"

"Wen Shoushan... Gah."

"Name?"

"Zhen... Gah."

"Name? This time it will be a finger, only because I'm merciful."

"Xin Qiqiang I swear that's my given name, if senior wishes to change it I wouldn't mind. Please don't take away my fingers, Xin Qiqiang, my name is Xin Qiqiang an orphan from Yan Kingdom. After the war with Hai kingdom my village was raided and I escaped here then joined the mist bandits..."

"Shut up, why did you attack me?"

Feng listened closely and watched every muscle in Xin Qiqiang's face until he's sure that's his name then he changed the question.

"This road is famous for being one of the shortest ones to Obsidian city, since next after this lonely mountain is a rocky maze we usually wait for our victims to enter the maze before robbing them. But this time my rival beat me to take the best hiding spot there, since the rules of the gang is no infighting and all is fair competition I decided to attack whomever is camping here first before making an ambush for winter merchants."

"How many members in your gang?"

"Three thousand... Gah."

"Number and headquarters location?"

Feng added larger and deeper cut on the man's back, right between the lucky marks then asked with a smile.

"1,600, at best 1,600 but the boss Mist Hand said that the gang reached 3,000 the last time we gathered, I really don't know how many men the other 8 leaders have."

Xin Qiqiang was scared out of his wits, this man in green was covering his head and he couldn't read any feedback from him at all.

Not to mention that currently he was extremely wounded and sitting straight was tiring as fighting a tiger or wrestling a bear, he saw the man ruthlessly kill all the men he brought out with him and Xin Qiqiang didn't want to test his patience.

He can give away information about his gang in exchange for his life, but he'll never gamble with his life for that mist bandits gang.

"Headquarters are west of here, after reaching coal mountain go south until you reach bull horn cliffs, the gang is taking the mountainous area west of bull horn cliffs as base. There's spies in all the nearby cities and critical points, once a large force start moving to attack the area, mist bandits will scatter like mist and catching them will be a lot harder."

Xin Qiqiang spoke as his blue face started to pale because of the blood loss the wound on his back plus Shadow's double back kick made the bald man see stars, he was injured internally and externally if he fell unconscious again and this man left him in this state he wouldn't wake up again.

"Please, give me some healing ointment.. cough."

He couldn't help but beg for some mercy from this cruel person when he felt death nearby.

"I don't have any."

Feng shrugged and answered the man.

"My horse, I have some on my horse. Cough... Cough..."

The tall bald man started to cough blood after talking so much.

"You have two choices, die here now or return with me to Rock city and confess to general Lian what you just said to me."

Feng didn't move and gave the man his options.

"Cough.... I'll go, please... I'm not feeling well."

Xin Qiqiang fell on his side and started to gasp for breathe.

"Shadow, watch him. If he tries to move, hehe, stomp him to death."

"Neigh....."

Xin Qiqiang trembled like a leaf in a storm when he heard the horse's sound, if he was at his best form Xin Qiqiang would've given this cowardly horse two mighty punches for sneak attacking him.

At that time he was giving the man his full attention because that man just killed 4 of his men under his nose, not to mention the couple dozen men he lost earlier.

Then that horse took him out, cleanly!

When he woke up it would knock him out by endless stomps, if it wasn't for his mithril vest then he would've died.

"Let's go, kids in the sack, last call for train safety."

Feng opened the sack for the pups as he called and obedient Harmony was the first to enter with lowered head, Joy next with a jumping walk, Night while baring his teeth, finally Thunder with begrudging wail.

Feng closed the sack and jumped on Storm's back, they descended the mountain in 5 minutes thanks to Storm's agile feet and perfect night vision.

Feng found 40 horses hidden to the right, 3 of them were warhorses and 6 of them were loaded with supplies.

"It seems like they were really planning on staying here for a long time, stay here Storm or you'll scare these horses to death."

Feng got down and walked the 80m distance on foot, one of these war horses was bound to be the Qiqiang's horse and the other two horses must belong to the other two rich bandits.

In the saddle of the brown warhorse he found a leather bundle with white powder that smelled like medicinal herbs, the rest was dried meat, a knife, spare change of clothes, some fresh fruits and Feng took them to reward Shadow and two dark metal gauntlets but their size seemed smaller for Qiqiang to wear.

Without hesitation Feng put the gauntlets on and decided to rummage through the rest of the horses later, he planned to take Qiqiang back to the general then revisit Obsidian city later after the bandits are wiped.

He took some ropes and tasted their quality before taking them with him and returning to Storm's back, the journey up was harder on the female wolf but she still returned back to camp in 15 minutes.

Xin Qiqiang was on in a critical situation because of the blood loss and mostly because the vicious horse was blowing spit non-stop at his face by repeatedly smacking it's lips, it seemed like the horse wanted him to move so that it would stomp him!

'I'm not moving! Stop scaring me like that' Xin Qiqiang thought as he tried to not let his nerves get the best of him.

Feng was satisfied with Shadow's dedication and he gave him the fruits then tied up Xin Qiqiang before applying the medicinal concoction on his back and right shoulder, as for the strong man overcoming his bound and breaking the ropes? Heh, he can try.

These were bondage techniques, the more he struggles the tighter it will get if he wants to suffocate to death then he can try.

"I'll give you one single advice, don't struggle. At dawn we'll return to Rock city, if I wake up because of any annoying sounds. Heh, i'll take one of your hands."

Feng kept the rest of the healing ointment in the sack and released the grumbling pups to play, then he took fluffy Storm's back as a pillow and slept soundly this time.

Xin Qiqiang felt better this time as the bleeding stopped, he was still hurt internally and felt like his organs got displaced from Shadow's kick.

But after a few days of rest he'll be able to move his body without feeling like a mountain is placed on his shoulders, he knew that the man was asleep but these two animals weren't.

He tamed a mother wolf! His horse is a sneaky bitch who kicks people's backs? The little pups seems to obey his words! He fucking took my gauntlets? First the mithril vest now the gauntlets that I wished to remould to fit my arms, now I'm going to be handed to that famous hero general of Shi Kingdom.

Shameless general Lian Laoci.

'I just hope that my confession about the location of the gang will make my crimes lighter, I never actually operated in Shi kingdom territory and mostly attacked Hai kingdom business for what they did to my village back then. Whatever, working the mines is much better than death, if worse comes to worst then i'll lead them to the gang treasury to bargain for my life' as lay there gasping for breath, Xin Qiqiang made up his mind to go all in to save his soul.

9