Chapter 24 : Gentle Storm
85 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come Biyu. Today we'll enjoy breakfast At the highest point of the rocky walls."

"It seems dangerous, what if I fell and break my neck? Who would take care of Fang? I'm not going. You take sister Lanfen and go have fun, I'll be here with Fang when you come back."

Hearing his woman's answer almost made Feng spit blood, she was clearly holding a grudge because lately he was busy solving Storm's problem and didn't spend much time with her and little Fang.

"It's not like we're mountain climbing! Don't worry Bibi, I made sure it's completely safe and took your condition into consideration every step of the way."

"Are you blaming me now because I can't open my eyes? Well I'm sorry for the head splitting headache that I feel every time I try to do just that. I said I'm not going, if you want to go that much then go. I won't be stopping you."

"Eh! But I never said tha-"

"Are you calling me a liar now?"

"No. I...."

Somehow Feng felt like the more he tried to fix things with Biyu he ended up making them worse, then his tongue was tied in a very complex knot and he didn't know what to say.

"Hehehe. Finally there's someone in this house who can make smelly Feng shut up, sister Biyu you're amazing. I have Shadow outside waiting for you to ride him, I heard that he likes big sister Biyu to mount his back more than stinky Feng here. I've got just the right place for us to have breakfast today, did you know that auntie Qing and auntie Baozhai are both pregnant? Really! Why didn't you tell me earlier? I'm so mad at you right now....."

While Feng stood there like a mute tree, Lanfen swaggered inside, hooked her arm with her sister, then swaggered out with her and completely ignored the man who stared at them dumbly.

Fuck! Trying to reason with her is harder than wrestling the whole pack, yet Lanfen made it look so easy.

Should I bring her flowers the next time to make it up for her? No.... Feng you idiot! that'd only make her justly scold you since you dare to bring her something that's so beautiful yet she can't see it, that's like rubbing salt in her wound.

It has to be something that makes her blood flow faster in her veins! Something that makes her heart race faster in her chest. What should I do? Hmmm.... that's it! I know what to do to lift her spirit.

Love.... you better be ready for a breathtaking experience.

Hehehehe.

*****

"Sister Lanfen. Was I too harsh on him?"

While feeling the wind blow her hair freely as Shadow climbed higher on the pathway that Feng had created for her sake, Biyu asked Lanfen who walked next to her and held Shadow's rein as signs of self doubt appeared on her beautiful complexion.

"Nah, his skin grew thicker than our village walls after you took your long nap, believe me he can take harder hits and still come wagging his tail afterwards. We need to train him or he's going to become used to us waiting on him forever with open arms, little Fang and the one in my belly need their father in their lives as they grow up. Feng is used to his freedom a bit too much, you know that I'm not doubting his feelings for either you or me. But if he someday goes on an adventure or something and leaves us to raise his children for him then I won't allow him in my bed again, even if he begs on hands and knees and that's something I know that he will do for sure. So what if he loves me, he has to stay close to me and take my blessings before he leaves my side. You should stay true to this idea or we will be history, I love him and that's why I will cling to him with tooth and nail to the end. I'm just telling you that it's okay for us to be selfish with him, I saw how emotionally stressed he was for your sake sister Biyu and I envy you for that."

Hearing Lanfen words made Biyu frown slightly yet these words seemed to make sense somehow.

"I never asked you sister Lanfen, why did you fall for the idiot? He told me how you two met and all but that was all his side of the story."

"Here open your hand."

"Money?"

"These two silver coins are the same ones Feng gave me the day we met, that day I took him as a joker and a fool. Yet here I am with all my dreams behind me and more than I ever wished for, my father has his restaurants and business establishments flourishing and I hear I have another family member coming on the way. I'm living in happiness, surrounded by kind people, have my noble rank, royal family gifted me, both minister of the left and right did too, my child is on the way, I have a loving husband who would do anything for me to be happy and to protect me and my family, and finally the best and last addition that completed the picture of my dream since I was always a lonely child. A sister like you who I can open my heart for her to share my troubles and to guide me to the correct choices in life. Yet I still have fears, worries, concerns and sometimes nightmares. Wanna know why?"

"Of course, you're my sister I want to be by your side in your moments of joy and sorrow."

"Hehehe, my fears are for all that to go away, Feng brought us up but he too can make this sweet dream collapse on itself. We live in a very dangerous world where nothing is certain, some legendary cultivator can snort at us and make the whole village vanish because he happens to be in a bad mood. That's why I want Feng to be always close to me, so that if the uncertainty happened to us we will be together even in death. That's how much I love him, you keep one of these coins because from now on. You sister Biyu are sharing my heart with Feng, as I am sharing Feng's heart with you."

Bo Biyu's hand trembled as it folded on the coin in it, Lanfen's words were heavy and she felt as if her new sister is entrusting her with something very precious.

"I'm sorry I didn't meet sister Lanfen earlier."

"Heh, finally someone who knows my true worth."

"Bffft.... We're so going to make his days living hell."

"I just hope he doesn't get bald, but I don't mind him getting fat. Somehow I feel like it'll suit his face."

"Keh.... Hahahaha."

Had Feng heard what these two women of his were conspiring right now, then certainly he would drag them to his room and spank them.

*****

"The wind is strong up here."

Feng took a bite of his pizza slice then said while looking far at his farmlands which were recently planted again after the previous harvest was complete.

After his comment was left unanswered he looked at Lanfen and Biyu with a raised eyebrow because these two silently sat without tasting their food.

"Oh! How could I forget? Allow me ladies, this dish is called pizza. Made by ordinary flour, eggs, milk....."

Even after Feng explained everything related to their weirdly made breakfast and it's side dishes both women were still silent.

"Sigh.... I'm sorry."

Still nothing from the ladies.

"Then at least allow me to try and make it up to you two after breakfast, even though I don't know what I did to anger you too Lanfen! But I'm guessing you're taking Biyu's side on this matter, I'm not against it or anything don't misunderstand me. I just hope you two wouldn't take things too far, at least I'm trying to make it up for Bibi. Right!"

"Tch, did he grow smarter in the past hour? Or is it my pre-breakfast hunger making my head play games on me! What do you think sister Biyu?"

"Humph. Maybe it's the wind up here."

Finally Feng broke into a grin when he heard the exchange between the naughty ladies.

"At least tell me what you think, come-on Biyu say ah."

Scooting closer and circling his left arm around her waist, Feng took a slice and brought it closer to Biyu's mouth as he spoke.

"I won't."

This time Bo Biyu's voice lost it's previous edge and her flushed rosy cheeks added more to her normal beauty, imagining her little Feng pampering her in front of her sister Lanfen was too much on her embarrassment scale.

"But I made it with love just for the two of you."

Zhu Feng smiled when he finally found a weakness and became insistent on making Biyu stop giving him the cold shoulder, further pulling her to his chest and making his voice softer.

"As if."

"I'm wounded just as much as you because that precious time which I could've spent with you was wasted on stupid Storm and her stupid Snow, but she's stupid and dangerous when she's in heat. Poor Xing's arm will stay in the sling for six months then another six months to slowly train it, god knows if he'll ever be able to use that arm like normal."

While Feng spoke he pushed a piece of the slice inside Biyu's lips and waited for her to bite, when she did he turned towards Lanfen and was about to do the same thing for her but she glared at him knowingly before eating on her own.

Once she took a taste, Lanfen's eyes widened in enjoyment and she couldn't stop eating until she finished the whole thing.

During that time Feng was coaxing Biyu and swaying her dizzy with his compliments.

He even made her stand ahead of him and imitated the titanic scene while cackling inside, thankfully the wind was very strong which helped give Bo Biyu the feeling of flying especially with her current blind condition.

By the time they were on their way back after having their breakfast, his two women were being carried on each of his strong arms and Feng couldn't get enough from kissing them and praising their beauty.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere to do something fun, but Lanfen isn't allowed to participate yet."

"Why not?"

"Because you're still carrying my child, later after you deliver I promise to take you personally on arms and knees if you feel like it."

Feng got glared at by his pregnant woman but he refused to back down and decisively refused.

"Humhp...."

"Don't be sad sister Lanfen I wasn't going to do that thing without you anyway-"

"No! You're definitely doing it."

When Biyu stretched her hand to find Lanfen's face while trying to appease her by these words, she was denied by Lanfen herself who felt sweet warmth in her chest for her sister's support.

"Then it's all good Bibi, now get inside this chariot. Yes that's your seat here right here, is it comfortable enough? Good. Now I need to fasten your seatbelts here and there, now for your helmet and you're done. If you want to hold onto something during your ride then hold to this grip right here, enjoy your ride love."

Lanfen kept looking around at the street that Feng's men emptied and kept gesturing for the curious villagers watching them to keep quiet, Feng had a small box-like chariot waiting and the whole pack of wolves strapped to it with Storm at the forefront of the line.

"Ready Biyu? Only one round for today Storm, now go nuts guys. Off you go."

Then Lanfen watched Feng carefully seat her sister inside that colorful chariot and make her wear a strange helmet that had thick layer for fluffy fur inside, once he asked and her sister Biyu nodded uncertainly he smiled like a demon then said something to Storm and her breathing was halted in her mouth when she saw the five wolves run.

The villagers and guards were shocked too but the scream coming from her sister Biyu could still be heard after her chariot was out of sight in a matter of seconds!

"Whoah! Will she be alright? That was very fast...."

While listening to the villagers speak Lanfen looked at her smirking husband and for a moment she felt like he's a devil in human flesh, for such a man her previous conspiracy with Biyu was deserved indeed.

"How could you do that to sister Biyu? You're bullying her!"

"Eh! It's such a fun ride you know, the only reason I didn't make another chariot for you too was our unborn baby. Shadow will be your engine when you try it."

"Engine?"

"Never mind I'll explain it later, you don't have to worry I specifically told Storm to lower her speed in uneven terrain and she's very familiar with the area. Thank you Lanfen for helping me fix things between me and Biyu earlier."

"Humph. As long as you're trying something, and you have to make me taste that pizza again. No! You need to teach me how to make it."

"I only kept it from you earlier because I felt like it will be good to share it with you and Biyu at the same time, I don't want my Lanfen to get mad at me for it."

The two kept getting intimate with one another and forgot that practically almost half the village was watching them with smiles on their faces.

*****

"I can't wait for the next celebration to happen."

"Heh, our Lord Feng is such a good man. Just look at him take care of his wife, if only I had such a man to take care of me."

"Darn it, that chariot looks fun. It was very fast, who knew the Lord's wolves can be that extreme if they wanted to run."

"It's said that Storm is already a demonic monster and no longer an ordinary beast."

"You're probably right, she's taller than a horse already and her offspring are almost fully mature."

*****

When Storm and the kids returned with the chariot Biyu was smiling widely, after the shock from the start wore off she cried happy tears and shouted some other things that were held in her chest to the sky with arms raised up.

"Let me help you with the belts- mmmph, I take it that you liked the ride then. Come, lets go for a walk together to stretch your legs a bit."

"Sister Biyu how was it? These guys ran as if chased by ghosts and you looked so scared I was very worried for you."

"Before you talk drink something, here some lemon juice to wet your throat."

Before Biyu was released from the seatbelts she felt her way for Feng's head and pulled it for a kiss, then she did find that her legs were numb indeed!

Getting helped walk she didn't get a chance to speak before Lanfen snatched her right arm and snuggled in her side and spoke her mind cheerfully, but there indeed was a shadow of worry in her words.

Before she got to open her mouth she felt a straw entering her mouth and Feng's caring words which further added to her chest warmth.

*****

Zhu Feng was standing on the platform at the highest point of the village's surrounding rocky walls, his son Fang was in his arm and naughtily pulling at a few of his father's hair that he managed to get hold of.

"You're already a month old Fang. Someday you'll be responsible for this place and it's people's lives, I don't know if you'll like it or not....."

While Feng stood slightly away with her boy, Biyu and Lanfen were sitting under the shade talking about some things with a few other women.

"The Baron is very different from other men m'lady, my Tusai could never stand holding one of our newborn children for more than ten seconds. Hehehe, after enduring such kind of torment he would run back to the barracks and hide for months."

"Not to mention how he looks at you two, it makes me so mad at Qiqiang for being such dullard all the time. He never hugs me unless we're doing it, is it because he's big? I mean, is it why he's such a numbskull who doesn't get my feelings easily?"

"Bffft...."

Lanfen was drinking and almost spat her tea then glared at this woman who was given to Xi Qiqiang to marry with her recommendations.

"Not to mention how much much better he made our lives here in the village, did you hear the rumor that said some nobles are living in conditions much worse than us commoners in Sword Villa?"

"Really!....."

*****

Days kept moving in peace on the thriving location west of Shi kingdom, that change started to happen in spring then continued to escalate until late summer then the famous three days celebrations happened.

After the Baron's first son was born that change started to gradually get soaked by the residents and their village guests, autumn arrived then left and took the tree leafs with it then winter came with it's frost.

Happiest in Feng's village with this cold was Storm's new partner Snow.

She started showing signs of her belly swelling on winter's first month and her pups are officially no longer pups, any of them who would try and get cute with her like they used to, would get growled at by the silver she-wolf as a warning.

Only Joy was allowed to be a little bit intimate with her mother every now and then.

Night was the largest of them all and always had that air of sovereignty about him compared to Thunder and Harmony, he was the happiest with their mother's decision of letting them to roam freely and independently however they like.

Going alone to hunt or spending time in the training grounds watching the men smack at one another or wrestle was his usual and sometimes he would accept the gifts given to him from the strong ones who managed to pin down their opponents, that alone made the men even more excited to win their matches.

Joy didn't seem to ever care as long as there's people or any of her siblings around her, Lanfen made sure to always keep her around her in her final days of pregnancy.

"She's mine wolf, I don't want her to be sneak attacked by one of the other naughty wolves without my blessings."

That's what she said to the maids who kept getting startled by the mischievousness of Joy who liked to sneak attack the weak two legged friends and pin them down, once she got scolded because something broke in her attempt that's why she always choose her next prey wisely and made sure they aren't holding anything. Smirk.

Thunder liked to stay on the platform high up and howl at the moon or to join the guards on the walls at night, nobody could sneak on these men when he's around and his existence during night shifts gradually became a sign of comfort to the guards.

Especially after their Lord Feng kept testing his men's efficiency at work by making their colleagues attempt to sneak inside the village during their guard at night, steal something from the stores, etc.

Harmony was the strangest wolf of the whole pack.

Unlike his siblings who soon got symbolized differently here or there after their strange involvements in some matters, Harmony would eat and sleep everyday in the company of their Lord Feng, if he wasn't doing that then he would either join Shadow in the stables where they would race against each other or he would go to the area in the barracks where the men are competing against one another in strategical boardgames!

Staying there Harmony would get close enough to the game table so that he can see every move and silently watch, his presence would make this community which is mostly made up from men older than thirty years old smile in pride.

They too have their lucky charm just like the men who love to get physical with one another or the men on guarding shifts or these civilians working in the manor of their Lord.

Only Storm was aloof from the matters of the two legged weakling humans and kept her distance from everyone except for Feng, Biyu and Lanfen.

As for the small one which he made with Biyu? She hates the little devil for pulling at her fur every time he sees her!

She would go hunt before and offer parts of her game to whitey and snuggle with him at nights or they would sing together sometimes when the moon is up, their new home is always guarded by humans and she can only enter and exit after they open the doors for her.

Whitey was still angry all the time yet lately she felt like he changed a lot from the first time she saw him.

Once before a couple days back when the shivering season arrived, they were talking about humans and he said something bad about Feng then she snapped at him in anger.

Usually in such cases she would be bullied or at least see him show his teeth and growl at her, whitey is much stronger than her and wouldn't allow such transgression, but in that time he just gave her a look then turned away after looking at her belly!

*****

"Jooy! Who's my good girl?"

"Whoof..."

"That's right, have you been taking good care of mommy? Have you been spooking every soul that comes near her? Have yo-"

"Stop this nonsense right now! Smelly Feng you're scaring my maids, apologize right now."

"Apologies m'ladies."

Once Feng entered the room he was tackled by Joy who jumped towards his chest aiming to pin him down, but she got hugged down the waist and got spinned in the air instead.

After all the current physique of Zhu Feng was world's apart in comparison to one year ago, not only was that effect from the pill he took and made the whole village complain about the awful smell but also because he never stopped pushing further in his trainings for more results.

Hearing this exchange between the man and wolf made all the maids pale in the faces and glare at their Lord, seeing her man loosing prestige made Lanfen who's currently getting prepped for her first birth snap at her husband.

Feng in turn released Joy from his embrace and lowered his head while doing what he was asked to do, however, he was giving Joy a hidden wink while apologizing.

"Sister Lanfen just ignore him and focus on giving little Fang his first sibling, Feng come sit next to sister Lanfen and hold her hand."

Biyu was sitting next to her sister Lanfen and holding her hand and gave commands while the maids felt their pride swelling when their own Lord Feng personally and sincerely apologized to them, they hurried to do their jobs in delivering that baby while feeling better about their gains already.

"Breathe in and out Lanfen, that's it. We're here for you, holding your hand all the way until the end. Have you two thought about the names yet? Last time it was me naming Fang and I did such a wonderful job with it-"

"Just be quiet. Eeennngghhhhaaaaaahhh."

"Why are you not saying anythingggghhhhhhhaaaahhh."

"But you just told me to sto- ouch! Lanfen you're going to break my wrist... Ouch! that hurt. Since when were you that strong? See! It's broken now. No no no it's nothing, really! Don't worry about it. Everything is alright, it doesn't hurt me anymore. Look at it dangle.... Aaand click clack everything is back where it belongs. Here's the smile we're all looking for everyone, there's no need to clap or give me roses because these two angels control my heart."

For the maids it was hilarious and heart-warming to see Baron Zhu endure and tolerate the whimsical mood of a woman giving birth.

Especially when they saw him get his right hand dislocated when their lady squeezed his hand at such a dangerous angle, all of them started to panick for the man yet he kept smiling widely and still kept doing his best trying to cheer their lady up and never stopped until he saw her smile despite tears falling from her eyes.

"Giggle....."

When Lord Feng turned towards them and spoke they saw his smile cringing with a twitch in it when he moved his right hand, but he did well to cover his pain until they delivered the baby out safely.

"It's a baby girl! Congratulations m'lord, m'ladies."

"So! What will you two name our daughter?"

"I'm tired. You name her in my place sister Biyu....."

With that being said Lanfen's eyes swam in their sockets and she was asleep.

"It's up to you Bibi."

Seeing her gawking while feeling the same pressure which he experienced the day Fang got born, Feng's eyes looked towards the beauty ahead of him which started to show some persperation on her forehead and cruelly asked her.

"This...."

"You know it's a bad omen to leave the baby nameless right?"

Seeing Biyu hesitate made Feng's grin go wider and he pushed further when the maid handed the bundled baby girl to his wife.

"M.... Meili! I name her Meili, Zhu Meili."

"Meili it is then."

*****

"Hahaha, look at the fearless young lord as he makes the formidable Storm wary of him with but a look."

"She'll bite your ass if you keep running your mouth you know."

"Who cares? To Meili the next generation's beauty from the west."

"Horray....."

Despite the cold weather and it being the second month of winter, people still gathered in the gardens, restaurants, bars and streets to celebrate their Lord's next newborn daughter.

While in the manor's main hall the close friends of the Baron were making quite a ruckus, it was warm in here and the mood was super joyful plus the food and drinks which wouldn't be found anywhere else in the world.

It was really a rowdy banquet and even Storm who was on the verge of giving birth arrived to get her share, but young Fang spotted her and she grabbed what she could at a hurry before running back to her home to share with whitey.

Biyu was feeling proud of herself for the name which she gave, but she kept threatening her stupid man that this wasn't over between them yet.

He almost made her stumble and give a strange name to her sister's firstborn child! No. She must wait until her sister is well again to pay him back together, that oughta teach him a valuable lesson.

Still she was worried for Feng's right hand, Biyu's maid told her that he's currently has it in a cast and been mainly using his left hand.

*****

Finally it was over for Storm, it took her a whole night to deliver the ones in her belly despite Feng's help with a lot of his human followers.

She can rest now while knowing that he's there to watch over them in her sleep, she can faintly hear whitey's worried voice calling for her but she's very spent right now.

Even during the times she felt starved to the extreme, Storm wasn't that tired like she's feeling right now.

Her mother always taught her that their kind always keep the same partner for life, yet she never choose the father of the first ones who came from her belly.

That one was stronger than her and she was young, small and weak, he just mounted her and she was helpless to do anything.

Then later she met Feng after following the pack at a distance like she usually does, they were always shunning her and bullying her yet she never knew why's that.

Staying with her human captor for a while was nice, he always gave her delicious food and loved her young ones and kept playing with them.

When she was in heat again he let her go back to the only partner she ever had, however when she returned to the pack her partner tried to chase her away with another.

This time it was different for Storm, she was no longer weak and helpless.

Feng's food and care made her stronger that her partner which is the alpha of the pack! But she was kind enough to ignore his empty threats and kept her distance like he wanted, again.

Maybe he just isn't in the mood.

Others tried to have her but she followed the teachings of her mother and chased them away, one of the followers of her partner tried to force her but she gave him a good lesson for ever daring to do such a thing.

Then she saw it after some days of waiting nearby the pack, her partner mating with another!

She had been through a lot so far, she left her pups to cross that long and tiring distance just to give herself to him yet he refused her and she tolerated his insolence of threatening her despite him being weaker just so that his leader image in front of the pack wouldn't be shaken.

Storm endured days of hunger and the longing feel inside her and still waited in silence, yet when she saw her partner which shouldn't take another mate with that bitch she saw red!

All she remembers is her only partner's neck bones getting snapped by her jaws and the bitch getting pinned under her paws squealing for mercy while the whole pack tried to surround her, she knew that she can't take them all on her own.

Remembering her young ones waiting for her, she ran from them and ran some more while they chased after her until she entered a territory of someone which hated her kind and they returned in fear of following after her.

Then she met whitey and broke the teachings of her mother by letting him have her, it felt like revenge on her first partner which she killed.

And it felt good to have revenge, again.

*****

"M'lord.... She's gone, I'm sorry."

4