Chapter 27 : Cause & Effects
71 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Senior, you said that Storm died because I let her mate with Snow. I believe you but I don't understand why? They're both wolves!"

Zhu Feng had woke up to find himself on the ground of the main hall with no one else in sight other than this formidably strong white haired lady, she was lazily reclining on her side and enjoying his complimintary sweets!

Seeing that he woke up she took him towards the garden where Snow was being kept and told him what happened to him after he lost the small spar, everywhere he checked there was nothing wrong in his body at all, yet he clearly remembers that his arm and leg bones were broken and at least a dozen of his ribs were fractured!

Her butler healed him and his women ran away before he wakes up in fear of facing his wrath or scolding, or both!

At least they already know that I'm going to come after them sooner than later.

Snort.

They dare to openly cheer that monster-girl instead of their husband! I'm definitely going to spank both of them, I'm so going to accomplish—at least—two more of my fantasies with them.

Humph.

"I'm not very knowledgeable about the matters of beasts but luckily for you I know some about moon wolves. These weak beasts has some well-known restriction which is that their females wouldn't mate with two males ever, it has something to do with their bloodline and their blood related abilities. If a female moon wolf mates with another male then she always would end up dead after giving birth to more pups than she normally gives birth to in average, if she mates with another wolf or beast from another species then the chance of her giving birth to anything at all is almost zero. However, if she gave birth then the newborn is always a variant, treasure these two new pups and keep the news of their birth hidden or better yet find a chance to give false news of their death."

"I understand what I need to do to keep them safe and hidden, still I don't get it why do they always die? Why do they give birth to more pups in one incident and less on the other? What does it mean "giving birth to anything at all" it is either being pregnant or not right?"

"Heh, they die with a monstrosity inside their bellies idiot, the deformity and hideous shape of the unborn would be a disgusting sight from what I heard. As for your first question, it is their blood essence which gets sacrificed along with all the remainder of the mother's lifespan to breed more. If the mother had enough blood essence and lifespan in her body then she'll be able to give birth to whatever her newborn variant is, your beast companion had just succeeded and became a low-grade demonic beast from what I heard which means she still had an abundance of blood essence and lifespan in her. Which led to her being able to give birth to two instead of one, plus the fact that moon wolves and snow wolves are somewhat of the same affinity which is Yin Dao."

"Thank you senior for helping me understand, when do you plan to take Snow? Should I go retrieve the indestructible steel ores now for you."

Whenever Meirong explained more of the reasons that led to Storm's eventual death, Feng's face would be darker than the second earlier and more memories of his days with storm would spin in his mind.

Still he kept asking to understand more about her species so that Joy and her brothers wouldn't come to harm one day, he always hated it when he fell for the same mistake but if it one day happened to one of the quad then he's never going to forgive himself for letting Storm down.

Yet when he tried to give Yin Meirong the things which she came here to take he found her glaring at him!

"Are you brat trying to chase this grandma away already? Huuh!"

"Eh! No senior I wa-"

"Was feeling your bones itch for more beating after waking up alright, maybe I should put you to bed for a month or two."

"I would rather not senior, I was just trying to be-"

"Trying to be what? Greedy for what I'm about to give in exchange for your belongings? Snow will stay with you for some time, the ores Ill take today. When grandpa Song finishes making me what I want then we'll take Snow and leave, now go get these ores before I lose my temper and break double the amount of your bones this time."

"Right away senior..... Sigh."

Zhu Feng lowered his head and nodded while answering then left with his droopy shoulders and let a sigh of helplessness escape his mouth.

"What was that?"

"Nothing! I said nothing I swear."

"Snort, go then! Or were you planning on standing there all day to admire this beauty?"

"At once senior."

Hearing Meirong's question made Zhu Feng feel gripped by a strange and foreign fear which he never felt before, that fear made him raise his open hands in front of his chest and answer while shaking his head from left to right with panicking tune.

Seeing Yin Meirong standing with her arms on her waist and glaring at him was a sight to behold yet he was feeling cold dread of getting into another argument with her, once she gave him the release of being dismissed Feng took it as a sign of sweet freedom and turned to run away after giving a speedy answer.

"Tsk, cheeky little monkey ran so fast, am I that scary Snow?"

"......"

"You're not going to even give me an answer? Even if I told you that I'm going to let you not only regain your freedom but also remove any seal that was placed on you."

"Grrrr....."

"I know that pure blooded demonic beasts of the mid-grade rank or higher like you can speak and understand my human tongue, maybe you can fool the boy and the poor beast companion of his but not me. I understand why you agreed to take her actually, you're both sealed and trapped in a cage with almost no hope of getting out. Yet you don't want it to end there, you knew that she's going to die anyway so why not die after carrying your offspring? you too might die in your cage if your captor felt like it maybe he would give you to another who will do it eventually. Moon wolves huh! Heh, I never mentioned to the brat one last piece of information, they never allow themselves to get pregnant again from another mate unless their first mate is dead. Only when they kill their disloyal first mate for ever allowing himself to mate with another wol-"

"Growl....."

"Heh, I touched a nerve didn't I? But I'm not here to throw threats or anything like that, I'm here to give you freedom and an offer of peace. You took advantage of that female moon wolf and if that boy Feng ever knew the truth he wouldn't hesitate to tear you apart with his own hands, believe me he has the means to do it and I'm speaking from experience. Your species was never the mightiest of your wolf-kin when it comes to physical strength or savagery, by staying here any longer you're only endangering your life. So hear me out."

"Snort....."

"You probably noticed that Feng is different from other humans yet you're not trusting mankind anymore after getting schemed against before, being sealed and living in a cage and all that. You saw how he treats your kind and thought : why not test him? Then you took his Storm and knocked her up. Relying on the kid's ignorance you wanted to see him raise your pups for you and take care of them until they grow, when it happens you can either open up your heart to the man and allow him to release you so that you may live the rest of your life watching your variant pups grow stronger or..... You would somehow manipulate your offspring to murder everyone and release you. Beast mountains is very close and once you're in you'll be able to receive help from your clan's ancestors or their leaders if they can pay the price for it."

"Heh. What a cunning girl you are? Typical human, nothing less to be expected from a cultivator who opened her sky palace."

Yin Meirong clicked her tongue when Zhu Feng ran out from the garden in a heartbeat, turning towards the caged wolf who had the same hair color like her's and asked.

Yet she received no answer at all in return.

Raising an eyebrow and acting as if she's hurt by this wolf's disregard, Yin Meirong placed her hand on her chest and mentioned two things which always annoyed Snow.

Snow couldn't prevent the snarling sound from exiting his throat and Meirong was able to hear it.

His freedom and the seal that restrained his core and prevented it from sending any of his Qi out without him feeling like his soul is going to rupture!

Yin Meirong waved her hand and caused a recliner to appear behind her and started to speak about Snow and his previous innocent partner, she was a cultivator and these monsters knew a lot so he wasn't surprised that she knew he spoke and understood her language.

She had his reasons for mating with the female moon wolf all figured out, she really had no hope of satisfying her needs without dying and eventually she wouldn't be able to hold herself back.

That's why Snow allowed it and mated with her, but when he felt like this woman is threatening him with it he felt offended and growled at her.

The more she received reactions and responses from the silent beast the more Meirong felt encouraged to continue speaking, yet after she informed this ignorant beast about Feng abilities he was still not believing her.

Inwardly she was imagining Zhu Feng finding out the truth about what that snow wolf did to seduce his beast companion to achieve his plans, with what she understood from his character the young man would really do it.

Carrying on, Meirong gave her deductions of the situation to the listening beast and started to enjoy the sweets which she kept in her space ring afterwards while waiting for any kind of response from Snow to what she said.

And he finally spoke which made her smile widely.

"In a month or two you'll be coming with me on a journey, like it or not you're still going to come Snow. Feng will take care of your pups for you and if you feel like visiting here in the future to see them then Ill allow it, at least then you'll be able to protect yourself if he comes swinging at you once he sees you. Enjoy the time you have with them while it lasts, we might be away for a long while after all."

"Who said that I'm going to help you girl?"

"I said I will take you, that means I will drag you there if I have too. Don't give me that look, I will remove your seal and open your cage for you before doing that. If you think you can outrun me then you're welcome to do that, Snow."

"Stop calling me that name, the brat was the one who gave it to me."

"Snow!"

"Grrrrr....."

*****

It's been one month with Yin Meirong and her butler Song Yunru staying in the village.

Feng still trying to balance his responsibilities for this growing community by being a better Lord and develop then improve what he already developed earlier, train as hard as he can and learn more about his techniques, do his duties as a father and husband, look after Night and try and make him scatter all that negative energy.

But above all else he's trying his best to avoid getting in Yin Meirong's way, first time he saw the scene of that Loli groping his women's chests made him pale in the face with shock then his face darkened with anger and he tried to protest for this transgression.

Yet that unreasonable woman beat him up and while showing him her demon-mode she kept fondling his women while he's struggling from being unable to stand up for himself, literally she broke his legs and arms for trying and daring to tell ger to stop! Every single one of his arm and leg bones was broken at least once by that freak of nature, then she left him there gasping for air on the floor to watch as she calmly went back and continue her hobby of holding boobies.

Butler Song Yunru was still forging something in Da Donghai's smithy and the one armed hulk is helping him with that, Fu Liwei's condition it much better after receiving a night visit from the same man who caused him to change in the first place.

While Feng spent that month looking over his shoulders mostly, the happiest individual in Feng's territory was probably Shadow.

The majestic looking horse with formidable strength, speed, endurance and intelligence has been worried for his future after Feng's warning, he did his job and mounted almost every female horse in the territory just to be sure that his master will get the foals which he asked for!

Yes, it was annoyingly boring everyday to beat up some envious or jealous males and to chase away the ones amongst the females whome Shadow is pretty sure he mounted before a couple times just to be sure, he never forgot his masters words : "better safe than sorry, that's why we double tap."

Finally after he succeeded in beating everyone of the jealously angry males into submission and planting the seeds into every female, Shadow calmed the horde and announced that he's no longer going to keep the females to himself from the next mating season.

The males just need to endure and gather their accumulated strength then from the next season it is going to return to normal again around here, the grumpily accepted his rules but he didn't care.

Strangely every male in the horde started to sprout a new leg, some of them even complained about how much it hurts when they run or move!

Because that part kept hitting obstacles in it's chaotic swinging motion, but again Shadow didn't care about such petty matters as long as his wise master get the foals which he demanded.

*****

"I'm leaving."

"Did something happen senior?"

One morning Yin Meirong and Song Yunru visited Zhu Feng on the elevated platform where he's usually training his swordsmanship, cupping his fist respectfully then waiting in silence was his way of avoiding having his words turned back at him by this unreasonable woman.

It's about time ya damn boobies-junkie, now scram.... off with you already.... quickly leave my property.... and learn how to keep your distance from me in the future.... better yet if you go as far as you can and keep your distance from my Biyu and Lanfen!

When Yin Meirong started to speak Feng almost grinned like a fool at the prospect of this nightmare finally scattering away, but he knew better and hid everything behind his emotionless and innocent question.

"I got what I came here for and it is time to go tie up some loose ends, here. This is a space bag, careful when using it and be even more careful with who see you having it on you. Listen idiot! Mortals like you have very little Qi force inside them, every time you untie that bag's ropes and stick your hand inside you'll be sacrificing some of your body's already miniscule Qi to store or retrieve something from it. Mortals can't use space rings like us cultivators which makes it even more precious to kings and emperors, keep that thing's existence to yourself from now on. Don't tell anybody that you have it on you, not even your son Fang. Maybe when you're on your death bed and ready to pass him your legacy, take care of Snow's pups and Baozhai's family understand!"

"Careful in using it, keep my mouth sealed, take care of my aunties, raise Snow's pups. I do have one question about my Qi, is there a way to gain it back after wasting some of it on storing something in this bag?"

Space item!

Bwahahaha.... Qing Liling—the mighty little brat—has nothing on me now, except the ability to conjure fire and water from thin air. Still.... according to her—the boob-junkie—it could be dangerous if I use it once in a while, not to mention using it repeatedly.

When Yin Meirong threw him the folded silver silk bag after announcing news of her finished business in Feng's territory he was wild with joy and kept having delusional ideas of greatness, then Meirong's stern order woke him up and he kept listening carefully to her explanation afterwards.

However, his fingers carefully caressed the bag in his palm as if it was the most delicate treasure, then he asked about the thing that worried him most in using this bag.

"There's a few ways, eating some precious and old medicinal ingredients which have natural Qi in abundance yet gentle in nature, training your physique while eating healthy food or better yet if you include meat from low-grade demonic beasts to your diet but not much in the beginnings. Your last way of recovering your Qi as a mortal is meditation, however, unlike how a junior cultivator can just gather great amounts of Qi into his body from the surroundings just by meditating for a short while it might take you days of continuous meditation to regain a wisp. Now that you understand the risk we will be leaving now, I've already given you my repayment for the ores and Snow and they're in that bag in your hand. Since all the indestructible steel ores wasn't needed for my tool, grandpa Song took it upon himself and made something just for you with what's left of them. Good-bye brat, I really enjoyed watching you spend all these days jumping at the mention of my name and......"

Yin Meirong started teaching Feng and enjoyed seeing how attentively he seemed to memorize every word, finally she pinched his cheek while teasing him by what she already knew how he was behaving then whispered a few words in his ear by tiptoeing despite her well known ability to float or fly if she felt like it.

T-this.... cruel monster of a boobies-junkie!

She even did that to my beloved women? They dare keep me in the dark? Tonight.... I'm definitely going to show them my worst version of beast-mode.

Humph.

Still, I can use this space-bag and I could persevere in meditation to restore my lost Qi after using it.

But, what did senior Song make for me? Why all the secrecy?

After all.... I do have wolf-flower and moon-wolf, I have my gauntlets, my gravity-boots, plus my ZhuQing-attire!

The rest of my equipment is of a lower-quality indeed but I'm not complaining about the leather-armor—which Tang Tengfeng adjusted its size to fit him and generously contributed in improving its quality, or the dagger—which Biyu threw at him once before! The rest of my items were given to my men in the form of gifts instead of letting them collect dust in my storage.

Undergoing the sparring-matches daily under the restrictions of rules to handicap my abilities has helped to refine and improve my abilities with a multiple variety of weapons, however my true expertise and weapon-mastery still lies with the sword. My hand-to-hand techniques are a bit more advanced yet my abilities shine whenever I'm using my gauntlets, but applying damage with the swords is vastly superior to all.

Taking a step back while holding himself from not lunging at Meirong's throat to strangle her, Feng cupped his fist towards Song Yunru to thank him for his gift while avoiding to look at the woman's face at all even though he knew it inside him she's currently smirking like a devil queen.

"Maybe we'll meet again."

I hope not, may there never be a chance in hell for that happening.... like ever!

"Have a safe journey seniors."

"Tch, he never gets tired of his two-faced attitude, grandpa Song let's go. Maybe he'll be long since bitten the dust by the time we return, I wonder if little Fang will inherit his stone face."

Song Yunru's eyes squinted slightly when Zhu Feng gave them his polite farewell then answered with one of his own, but Feng's eyes remained gazing at the distant horizen and never looked towards the leaving duo when Meirong held her butler by the shoulder and floated out and away from the village at great speed after jumping from the platform.

Even the venomous words which Meirong uttered before she left didn't phase him at all and Feng stayed like that brooding at empty space and admiring nothing on his own for a good while.

"Woof...."

"Harmony my sweetest thing you're just on time, come boy let's go correct the attitude of two naughty girls. Now listen closely, when your partner do something bad you just tell her how to do it right. No need to be angry on a small error, just be cool. When your partner do something wrong and cause you a loss then just try to fix it together. No need to lose your temper, just be cool. But when your partner do something wicked! That's when you show the devil inside, you get what I mean?"

"Whine...."

"When you hear strange voices from the manor just be a good boy and cover your ears."

"Woof...."

*****

"Huff.... That oughta teach you two a lesson, humph. As if letting that woman do all that to you in front of me wasn't enough, you even dared let her.... unforgivable sin that was hnnnn I tell youggghnn. Even if you do that Biyu I still wouldnnngg, I see that you have honed your riding techniques..... Eh! Lanfen since when were you that daringggghhhh...."

Poor guy Feng entered his sleeping quarters while dragging his women together for the first time to achieve something, yet he exited after being ganged up by the duo with nothing but satisfaction in the trio's hearts.

Next time for sure.... me and my forgiving heart!

"Sigh...."

Shaking his head while feeling a strange mixture of unwillingness and satisfaction, Zhu Feng walked towards his private study with a smile on his face to go check his gifts.

Completely unaware of the looks each servant, maid or guard was giving him.

Entering his study he allowed the quad wolves in before closing the door, it was rare to see them all gathered in one place lately and in his study too.

Shrugging at the weird coincidence, Zhu Feng pulled the silver silk bag from his pocket and carefully untied it's green string before sitting at his desk and placing it in front of him.

"What do you guys think I should do if that whole thing turned out to be some sick joke and that woman is only pranking me with a normal silk bag?"

"Awoo.... Whine.... Grrr.... Snort...."

Somehow at the end it was Joy who defended the cultivator while rolling her eyes at Night and Thunder who forgot that the two legged female who always smelt good was stronger than their friend, Harmony was aware of that and that's why he gave the gesture of surrendering from the beginning.

"You're probably right Harmony, even is she wanted to take and not give anything in return it would've been very easy for her. Wish me luck guys! Come-on, maybe there's a treat inside waiting for your tongues to lick it."

"Woof...."

"Alright calm down, here it is the moment of truth."

Feng opened the mouth of the silver silk bag which made the green string that was stringed in and out of the middle section of the bag, that green string kept shrinking until the knots on both ends of the string made the bag's opening unable to be opened any further.

Yet Zhu Feng couldn't see anything inside it, it looked from where he sat to be empty.

"Is that some mojo which this thing can do to hide what's inside? I still haven't tried yet I know that you guys, but don't forget that this thing sucks up whatever "Qi" is and I don't know how much I have of that in my body or how many tries I get before I run out, just... Don't rush me and let me do this thing right."

"Woof...."

*****

Today I saw these two again, the female which always has the scent of these crunchy things that can be found in the largest area of our den was heading for my two legged friend with the other one, I knew that they can sense my presence and fooled them by acting like I'm stalking the chirby ones who live in the high areas and listened to them talking to my friend.

I don't always understand what they're saying but whitey was helpful in making me learn a lot of that strange tongue, my brother hates him and the new ones and would snare at me if I mentioned them and I learned my lesson.

Only when he's away would I speak of it with sister or the kindest one amongst us.

That shiny toy looked fun and I left to deliver the news to my family, my friend kept mating with his two partners and their loud voice kept ringing everywhere in our home.

After he was finished we all followed him inside and he kindly allowed us in, but he kept getting distracted which almost angered my big brother and I had to do something.

*****

"Hey! Thunder y.... you! Give it back here now. Oy! Joy don't run from me, careful with it ya idjuut. Niiiight you little monster stop or you'll tear it apart, what is wrong with you guys? Thank you Harmony, you did really good. You three are freaking naughty, you almost gave me a heart attack just now. No! Sit."

"Humph...."

"Humph my ass you little demons, this thing can feed you all until you die. Anyone who moves Is getting punished, ya hear?"

"Whine...."

"Phew.... Now calm down Feng and just put your hand inside the bag, arrrgggh the goosebumps."

Finally Feng got his space bag back from the dangerous teeth of the trio's naughty jaws with the help of the angel-like Harmony, calming his racing heart and pulling the flipped chair back in place he returned to his original seat and slowly made his fingers enter the bag's mouth and was shocked into shivering excitement when he saw their tips disappear.

Oh.... so "Magical"

3