Bringing Him Back Part 1
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fuck!” Elaine screamed, she threw all of the contents of her desktop onto the floor.

“What is it?” Kalan asked.

“He’s dead!” she cried, tears rapidly pooling under her eyes and rolling down her cheeks.

“Didn’t they tell you that Adam was already pronounced dead days ago?” he questioned further.

“No, I mean Hex! Hex is dead! I just got the news!” she sobbed and put her hands over her face.

“What? When?” he asked.

“This morning! What am I going to do? I have nothing now!” she cried.

“You still have Macabre Hearse,” he said.

“What’s the point of changing the world if everyone I love is dead?!” she said.

“You still have all the knowledge you have learned as well,” he said.

“Knowledge means nothing to me now! He’s gone! Knowledge is useless to me without him!” She turned and swiped a row of books off of her bookshelf.

“You know what you must do, right? If there is any useful knowledge out there it’s the Forbidden Book. You said it yourself,” he said.

“You’re right, it’s the only way, I have to bring him back.” She sighed and wiped her tears.

“You’d best hurry before they autopsy him, I can get the info on which morgue he is in,” he said.

“Do it quickly, get the others, we’re going.” She walked past him.

She gathered a few of her underlings and went to the morgue that Kalan directed her to. She armed herself and her subordinates with guns. She was determined to get him back, she couldn’t bear the thought of him not knowing how she felt. They arrived at the morgue, and broke down the doors. The subordinates held up the morgue staff. She pointed the gun she brought with her at the medical examiner’s head.

“Where is he?!” she screamed.

“Who? I don’t know who you’re talking about!” the medical examiner shouted back.

“Brian. Brian Alexson. I need his body, give it to me!” she shouted.

“Okay, okay, he’s over here.” The medical examiner went over to one of the body drawers, and pulled out a body. It was covered in a white sheet.

“Pull the sheet off.” She gestured at the medical examiner with her gun.

“I think that’s a bad idea,” one of her subordinates piped up.

“I need to know it’s him, pull the sheet off,” she said.

The medical examiner frowned, slowly shook her head, but reached for the sheet anyways. She pulled the sheet off, and the sight of what was left of him was enough to make her throw up.

“My god, what have they done to you?” she asked.

It was Hex, but he was missing his lower jaw and his tongue. He had a Y Incision in his chest.

“Did you do this to him?” She wagged her gun at the medical examiner.

“No, I haven’t performed the autopsy yet, he was like this when he came in.” The medical examiner shook her head.

“Where are his clothes? Put his clothes back on.” She gestured the medical examiner with her gun again.

“Alright, alright, please give me a minute.” She retrieved his clothes and proceeded to put them back on the body, except for his shirt.

“You can leave his shirt off, just give it here.” She outstretched her hand.

The medical examiner gave her his shirt.

“Take the body, we’re going. I need to prepare for the ritual.” She lowered her gun and started to walk away.

“Ritual? What ritual?” the medical examiner asked.

“I’m bringing him back,” she said.

0