A Special Gift
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hex walked through the mall, looking to have something special made. He went to a jewelry store.

“Hello, I've got most everything I need, I just need it made.” He carefully placed the container of gems onto the counter. Three small aquamarine gems were inside the little round container.

He and Din had been together for an entire year and a half, and they shared a lot of happy memories together. He believed, since he loved her more than anything, that it was about time to make it official.

“Do you want a necklace, bracelet, or ring?” The lady behind the counter said.

“Ring, and I have what I want the placement to be here.” He took out a piece of paper and laid it on the glass, where below it were assorted jewelry was on display.

He talked with the jeweler for a bit, and they agreed on a price. He had saved up for a few months at that point, so he had enough to pay them then and there.

He walked out, and bumped into someone.

“Oh, shit, sorry.” He opened his eyes to find Owen, grinning suspiciously at him.

“What were you doing in the jewelry store Hex?” Owen had a look of 'I know what you were doing in there, you aren't that sneaky' on his face. The goofy grin, the narrowing of the eyes, the side-stare, it was all there.

“None of your beeswax, my friend.” Hex put his hands in his pockets and walked around Owen.

“You're going to propose to her, aren't you?” he asked.

He turned around, put his index finger to his lips and made a hushing noise.

“Don't fucking tell a soul or I swear to god you will pay,” Hex whispered.

“Aha! So I was right! When are you gonna do it?” he questioned further.

“Once the ring is made, but don't tell anyone, I repeat, do not tell anyone or you are royally fucked,” he said.

“Made? You didn't just buy one?” Owen kept pressing.

“Oh come on, I'm not that simple. I like to have at least some amount of originality. I may have gotten the design from the internet, and the gems at a gem faire, but buying one wholesale is dull, I want it to be special.” He chuffed.

“That's really sweet, I didn't know you were such a sweetheart, Hex.” Owen nudged him.

“I have nothing to be ashamed of, I'm just as affectionate as any other person out there, possibly moreso.” Hex said that but he felt his cheeks turn warm and red with blood.

“I'm sure she'll love it.” Owen nodded.

“I sure hope she does, it cost me a pretty penny.” He was overcome with fear that Din may not like the ring.

“Maybe if she doesn't like the ring she'll still say yes and ask for a different one?” he asked.

“And what am I gonna do? Save up for months again? Rings are expensive, you know. If she says she wants a different ring, she can pick out the design for the wedding ring, the engagement ring is not the same as the wedding ring, those are two different things. It's not gonna be permanent, so me spending more on something that is only transient is not very viable.” Hex shook his head.

“Wouldn't she want to be surprised with the wedding ring at the wedding though?” Owen questioned further.

“She'll just have to trust me then, won't she?” Hex sprung a rhetorical question at him.

“Alright, alright. You got me there, let's go home.” Owen walked with hex back to the car.

They talked about the future all the way there. The most embarrassing one was when Owen asked if Hex and Din were going to have kids. He just didn't want to answer that yet, he had no idea. He didn't even know if he was good enough father material, all he knew is that he loved Din and they had been together for long enough for him to ask if they could tie the knot.

0