Not So Immortal
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elaine was out with Damon as they were killing Demon Hunters, as per usual. Damon was using his newfound demonic powers and demonic strength to rip through his enemies. She felt a sudden change in the atmosphere as the last Demon Hunter fell, and it wasn't good. She knew Turbuk was there, possibly walking out of an alley. She cast her eyes to each of the four alleys around her, but didn't see him.

“Looking for someone?” a familiar voice spoke from behind her

“You, what do you want?” She slowly turned towards him, shakily raising her sword.

“You are still weak from coming back, I wouldn't try to attack me if I were you.” Turbuk grinned.

“Don't worry Elaine, I'll protect you.” Damon stepped in front of her, and took a battle stance.

“You can't really read auras yet, can you boy?” Turbuk's grin faded, but he still kept smiling.

“No, I can't.” Damon showly shook his head.

“That's why you aren't afraid of me and she is, then.” Turbuk pointed to the petrified and shaking Elaine.

“How powerful is this guy exactly?” Damon turned to ask her.

“Fighting him is a deathwish, Damon. Please, don't try to protect me, you'll die, I don't want to lose any more loved ones.” She felt her face contort as tears pooled from under her eyes.

“That's his choice, not yours, child.” Turbuk took a step forward.

Damon turned back around, still in a defensive stance.

“I'm telling you Damon, don't do it, it's suicide!” she shouted.

“I have to try, though, because you can't,” Damon responded.

“I believe he's made his choice then.” Turbuk raised an arm, and Damon was magically pulled towards him.

“No!” she screamed, but it was too late.

As soon as Damon's neck was touched by Turbuk's hand, she felt the life drain from his body. She dropped her sword and put her hands to her ears, closed her eyes and fell to her knees, she didn't want to hear the noises he would be making, his death rattles would be too much for her.

She felt a hand touch her wrist. She turned and looked up, it was Turbuk standing over her, still smiling.

“I will take away everything you love and leave you with nothing.” Turbuk took his hand off her wrist.

She blinked the tears out of her eyes and looked up into his. She found no anger, empathy, or anything in his eyes. They were the eyes of a soulless sociopath.

“Why?” she asked.

“Because you're in my way.” Turbuk turned and walked away, leaving her alone with Damon's corpse.

0